Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Would you help a muslim sister?

Rate this topic

Guest faithful8876_

• Advanced Member

Ofcourse any one who is introuble should be helped. And if a muslim sister was being harassed it be time to break some teeth (the harasser of course)

Edited by Q.A
  • 10 months later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Advanced Member
Im just wondering if anyone would really step up and help a muslim sister (or maybe muslim in general?) if they are being bugged or harassed by someone else..most people would say yes right away, but when the situation is real they probably wouldnt so please answer honestly

In all honesty brother/sister, yes I would in all seriousness.

Fear no one but Allah, therefore, I wouldn't be afraid of the situation, rather being happy and grateful because I am doing what Allah would want any real true Muslim to do, especially a sister.

If I ever saw one being harassed etc, you bet there would be a problem with me :angry:

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Can I offer a scenario and just ask the guys here what they would do if they saw this happen.

A hijabi (wearing full hijab - no makeup/abaya/proper scarf) is sitting at a bus stop and a drunk bum walks past her, stops and looks at her and says ''s**t, you're f****n gorgeous'' and then starts talking to her....she feels very uncomfortable but is afraid that if she is rude to him, he will hurt her....so she answers him politely but makes her answers very to-the-point. He keeps talking to her and sits next to her. Every once in a while he gradually gets closer to her and when she shows signs of fear/tenseness, he moves away again and keeps telling her she's safe and that he will not touch her etc.....but then he keeps commenting on how gorgeous she is and says things like ''s**t i better shut up''.

If you saw this happen to a fellow sister in islam, what would you do? Coz this happened to someone I know and the sad thing was that there were some Muslim men there who did absolutely nothing.

wasalaam

• Advanced Member

(salam)

^ if she was arab , id talk to her in arabic first lol , coz u gotta be there since the beginning to know whats going on , last time i was on a bus , and a hijabi was talking to an english dude , and she offered him the seat next to her which had her stuff on yaaaaaaaa3ni imagine u tell the guy off when she told him to sit lol

but well id say oh there u are sister mom just called , come ill tell u all about it lol or id just tell teh guy excuse sir , can i sit next to my phiance or whatever now .. lol but theres still a chance of getting into a fight or just plain pissing of the hijabi ..

• Advanced Member
(salam)

last time i was on a bus , and a hijabi was talking to an english dude , and she offered him the seat next to her which had her stuff on yaaaaaaaa3ni imagine u tell the guy off when she told him to sit lol

but well id say oh there u are sister mom just called , come ill tell u all about it lol or id just tell teh guy excuse sir , can i sit next to my phiance or whatever now .. lol but theres still a chance of getting into a fight or just plain pissing of the hijabi ..

maybe the 'english dude' was her husband and he was a convert...just cus hes white dnt mean he aint muslim.....im born muslim but if you saw me outside you would think im just another white christian........and i go outside with my sis(who wears hijjab) and then i hear from other people that they have seen her with an english guy...an im thinkin yeh it was me :lol:

• Advanced Member

My cousin's boyfriend who is loved by every girl beat up some guys he saw harassing stranger hijabis. I might help depending on what mood I was in, how big the perpetrators looked, and how much people I was with. But I'm a wuss.

Edited by Nevermind

This is a very tragic story that came in the local guardian a few weeks ago.

On the 23rd of April a woman who was dressed in Niqaab came off the number 109 bus going towards Thornton Heath when two men approached her. One of them who was described as being Tall and black (THAT NARROWS IT DOWN DOESNT IT?) and the other in his mid 30's, stocky and white. The tall black male would not let her pass and physically assaulted her with a shopping bag he was carrying. When she fell to the floor, they both joined in thumping her repeatedly and throwing litter on her. After what seemed like an hours ordeal they both decided to leave her alone, and walked off.

The stocky one came running back and stared at her as she tried to get up....he started laughing and said "YOU'RE NOT SO TOUGH NOW ARE YOU BATMAN??!!!!!!!"

• 3 weeks later...

(salam)

Yes I would help a muslim woman,even if she was my enemy.

Imam ali (as) Said

O' ye peoples! Women are deficient in Faith, deficient in shares and deficient in intelligence. As regards the deficiency in their Faith, it is their abstention from prayers and fasting during their menstrual period. As regards deficiency in their intelligence it is because the evidence of two women is equal to that of one man. As for the deficiency of their shares that is because of their share in inheritance being half of men. So beware of the evils of women. Be on your guard even from those of them who are (reportedly) good. Do not obey them even in good things so that they may not attract you to evils.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Yes and not only a muslim sister, I would help any girl that's being harassed as long as she's being harassed by a guy, if it's a girl harassing another girl, well that depends on if I can stop the other girl with just words, otherwise it would be out of my control.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

:salam:

i was thinking about this the other day.

i got off the train, it was dark, an in teh same carriagde as me where two muslim girls (wearing scarves and school clothes). one was about my age, and the other was about 6. they wer obviously sisters. anyway, i got off after them, and i was in a bit off a rush. i was bout to over take them, when i turned aroudn subconsciiusly and noticed a few guys walking and liek automatically my speed stopped, and i walked slower, allways keeping myself sufficenienty between the guys and the sisters. once all the men had overtaken the sisters (and myself) (they wer walking quite slowly and talking) i turned around to make sure there was no one else, and then i over took them.

and i didnt really take notcie of what i did until i left the station to turn to see if the girls wer coming out. thats when i thought of what i did.

it sounds strange, but i allways try and protect my sisters, and it occurred to me that i allways make note when i see a sister and who is around. its just a habit that i have (and i hope i am not the only one)

but its tru. i am like soooo over protective of my sisters (all of them).

and not just them, everyone.

sure i am not the only one who does this. lolz.

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

:salam:

i was thinking about this the other day.

i got off the train, it was dark, an in teh same carriagde as me where two muslim girls (wearing scarves and school clothes). one was about my age, and the other was about 6. they wer obviously sisters. anyway, i got off after them, and i was in a bit off a rush. i was bout to over take them, when i turned aroudn subconsciiusly and noticed a few guys walking and liek automatically my speed stopped, and i walked slower, allways keeping myself sufficenienty between the guys and the sisters. once all the men had overtaken the sisters (and myself) (they wer walking quite slowly and talking) i turned around to make sure there was no one else, and then i over took them.

and i didnt really take notcie of what i did until i left the station to turn to see if the girls wer coming out. thats when i thought of what i did.

it sounds strange, but i allways try and protect my sisters, and it occurred to me that i allways make note when i see a sister and who is around. its just a habit that i have (and i hope i am not the only one)

but its tru. i am like soooo over protective of my sisters (all of them).

and not just them, everyone.

sure i am not the only one who does this. lolz.

That's a very gentlemanly thing you did there, good stuff, that's how all bros should be like.