Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Muhajiba

Who is Kahlil Gibran?

Rate this topic

Assalamu Alaykum All,

This morning I was in a rush for class but I had to stop at the bookstore, anyway, in my rush I noticed one full shelf with books about a prophet named Kahlil Gibran, I'm not sure what religion this prophet is of. Would anyone know any info about this?

Also, I had one other question. The words Bethlehem and Palestine, when said in Arabic they are: Bayt-lahem and Filus-deen, my tansliteration probably isn't exact, anyway to get to my point. When you say Bayt-lahem in Arabic, to me it sounds as if it translates into "house of meat" or something like that, and Filus-deen, in Arabic, if you know the word "Filus" like a cent of money, and "deen" not deen, as in religion, but with the "Dahh" in Arabic, when written it looks like ( "b"), anyway, that could be translated as mud or dirt. Could these words mean this? I'm not even sure if this is gonna make any sense to anyone, it would probably help a bit if I could actually have it written in Arabic. Or am I totally not in the ballpark when it comes to this, and these names, probably don't have any meaning at all?

Thanks/Shukren in advance! :)

Wa alaykum as salaam

Salam Alaikum

Actually its disputed whether its Bethlehem as in "the house of bread", from the Hebrew Beit Lehem, or "the house of meat" from Arabic.

Both sound close.

Wa salam.

Assalamu Alaykum

Completely forgot about this, thank you for all the replies!! So he isn't a prophet! hmm, I must have thought that because practically all the books said "The Prophet Kahlil Gibran" and atop that it was in the religious section. My mistake. Thanks for the clarification!

Wa alaykum as salaam