Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How many of you were born in the USA?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

(salam)

(bismillah)

I was born and raised in Canada. :) I would not defend Canada... no point cuz our army sucks, and if something happened, we would call the USA. :o

Khoda Negahdar va Eltemas-e Dua!

• Advanced Member

I won't give my life for nationalism for any country. <_<

This country already takes my hard-earned money! You think I'm going to volunteer MY LIFE. No country owns me.

*** Later Addition ***

It's not that I don't like America. I just don't believe in nationalism. I do honor the lives of the innocent and tolerant citizens of this country. Especially those who believe in cultural and religious tolerance. And even moreso I respect those who feel it's their obligation to challenge our country's policies and don't blindly follow it.

To me personally, this government "should" serve the people NOT their oil-lined pockets. :angry:

Edited by sabzevarKid
  • Advanced Member
(salam)

(bismillah)

I was born and raised in Canada. :) I would not defend Canada... no point cuz our army sucks, and if something happened, we would call the USA. :o

Khoda Negahdar va Eltemas-e Dua!

(bismillah)

(salam)

I was born in Lebanon, but have been in Canada for about 15 or 16 years...so you can say I've been raised in Canada...

I wouldn't give up my life for any nation......I'd give it up for the Islamic 'nation' that the Mahdi (as) will establish upon his return....nothing else though....

but I just wanted to jump in here to tell my fellow Canuck that...we still have it good in Canada...I'm Lebanese and happy with it, but I can't knock Canada down cuz it's a good, huminatarian country, most of the time...

oh, and as for the 'army sucks' part.......nothing is furthur from the truth bro....unfortunately, most gradutes end up going to the States...and they end up giving the States the know-how and the actual programs for all their hi-tech stuff..without Canadians, the American army would be a bunch of rednecks playing at cops and robbers with wooden guns.....Canada's RCMP also has the most advanced and hi-teck, as well as knowledgeable, forensics units..

But I mean..lebanon is lebanon.....lol

hehehe

okay..ciao

As-salaam Alaikum,

Majeda

Guest abaleada
and of you born in the USA,and are a citizen, How many of you would defend the USA with your life, forien and domestic?

(bismillah)

(salam)

born, citizen, hoping to emigrate

can't stand this oppressive place

Guest Slave of Zahra
and of you born in the USA,and are a citizen, How many of you would defend the USA with your life, forien and domestic?

(bismillah)

(salam)

born, citizen, hoping to emigrate

can't stand this oppressive place

salam

DITTO!!!!

Guest DjibrilCisse

I dont think I'd fight for France............but then again I wouldnt fight for Iran either. I wouldnt fight for nobody unless my 12th Imam, Imam Mahdi (as) came, then inshallah i'd join his army.

Till then i'll sit on the sidelines and relax.

Guest Islam Liberates Women

i was born and raised in nj.

my dad was born and raised in nj.

my dad's dad was brought over as a baby on a boat from the UK.

no, i would not defend the US. yes, i would defend MYSELF and any other innocent person if i was able.

personally i think the US is overdue for a revolution.

I'd light the first fire to watch amrika burn to the ground.

I can't defend a gov't that usurped land, enslaved millions of Afrikans, and enacted an unseen holocaust on the indigenous populace of "north america".

The gov't is not me, I'm not the gov't... it does not represent me or my interests and especially not my beliefs.

I've pledged my life for laying the ground work that will ultimately lead to the crumbling of amrika's Roman foundations.

Mawt li Amrika!

• Advanced Member
I've pledged my life for laying the ground work that will ultimately lead to the crumbling of amrika's Roman foundations.

Last year I paid almost $100,000 in U.S. federal income taxes. How much of that went to pay for bombs and other weapons used in Afghanistan and Iraq, I have no idea. But your comment makes me very glad I paid those taxes.

Guest shirazigirl

We came to Denmark when I was five years old. The Danes gave political refuge and citizenships to thousands of Muslims(my family being one of them) who had fled from the dictators in our "Muslim" countries. Scandinavians are generally very very tolerant and open-minded and most Muslims dont face serious problems with neither the authorities or the people, except those who break the law or support extreme fanatic groups.

So yes, if Copenhagen was invaded and attacked I'd definately defend it.

peace...

• Advanced Member

I am an American, and no, I certainly will not defend this country.

Until a woman can freely walk the streets without getting verbally or physically assaulted by the so called men in this country, we are not free.

Until our children are given a fair education that does not cost an arm and a leg to get with a life of debt to student loans because the government does not want its people to be educated, we are not free.

Until we live in a country where health insurance is free for all American nationals and not just for certain people, we are not free. We are not free if we have to make a choice to die or be in debt to doctors who live on steak dinners every night while we live on Ramen noodles.

Until there is no [Edited Out] MTV with shows that teach young Americans morals like I cannot say on this board, we are not free.

Until our tax dollars are spent on this country and not for destroying another country, we are not free.

I will only fight for my people to be free. That is why I say no to America and await the destruction.

I'd light the first fire to watch amrika burn to the ground.

I can't defend a gov't that usurped land, enslaved millions of Afrikans, and enacted an unseen holocaust on the indigenous populace of "north america".

The gov't is not me, I'm not the gov't... it does not represent me or my interests and especially not my beliefs.

Mawt li Amrika!

Oh my. Another wannabe terrorist. I’m (((((SHAKING))))).

Thank you for adding your comments above : given your high standards of imagination and wit, it's helpful when you spell out your intentions so explicitly.

You mentioned that you’ve:

pledged my life for laying the ground work that will ultimately lead to the crumbling of amrika's Roman foundations.

You’re obviously a man of principle and high moral standards. May I suggest a course of action to implement your intended destruction of the U.S.?

Go to any Federal court house in the US, wearing a large overcoat with highway flares [the stick type] worn around your waist. When inside, yell out loadly “Allahu Akbar” and advise that you have a bomb and will set it off if the U.S. government does not immediately embrace Islam. Open your coat to show the dirty Jew Nazi Police (and the rest of the filthy Kafir Americans) that you mean business.

I guarantee that you will get their attention. Don't worry about any consequences - tell them you were just kidding. I'm sure they will all laugh and let you go. In fact, I guarantee it!

USP (the devil, Kafir white man)

Oh, by the way, If you have any problems, don't hesitate to call me!

ps. Did you know you spelled “amrika” incorrectly? Typically, the religiously fanatical, low I.Q., high E.Q. (Entertainment Quotient), critical thinkers such as yourself use the fanatical Muslim approved “AmeriKKKa”. Please get your mind right, boy.

Edited by US Patriot
  • Advanced Member

Salaamz

Born and raised in NY!

Definitely wouldn't fight for the U.S., yuck.

Bro Dhulfiqar,

Was that sarcasm? I couldn't tell lol

"My Camel Hogs the Blanket" lol... What a funny username. Do you really have a camel?? They are so cute

Take care, ma'Salaama

• Advanced Member
Have you guys read the oath, one has to take before getting the blue passport?

:) I believe the initiator started the thread, with that in his/her mind.

(salam)

What oath? I don't remember an oath. I just filled out the application, gave them some pictures, a letter that stated hijab was part of my religious beliefs, and some money.

WaSalaam, Hajar

• Veteran Member

Yeah - sure - why not?

I am Christian - so I don't know if my response to this question is out of place - but yes I would defend my country against a foreign invasion - how I would deal with domestic opposition to the existing order would, of course depend on the circumstances.

However, I think that there is a none too subtle point that seems lost in this question and the discussion which it was designed to evoke - and that is, that defending our country against a foreign invasion and supporting an invasion of another country are NOT the same thing.

My view is that just as I would not appreciate another country invading ours - I can understand, and even empathize with foreigners who do not want us (Americans) invading theirs.

Of course - this point is often missed by people who loudly profess to be U.S. Patriots, and use this as the basis for their complete disrespect for other countries and societies. But many great men have embraced this principle - and their love of their own country is not debased by their willingness to recognize the same trait in foreigners.

In addition to the statement in my signature line - from Henry David Thoreau - William Pitt (the elder), when faced with the American opposition to British high-handed rule, courageously took a stand and spoke out in the British Parliament saying

I rejoice that America has resisted 
speech to the House of Commons -1766

and subsequently, after the rebellion began in earnest:

If I were an American, as I am an Englishman, while a foreign troop was landed in my country, I never would lay down my arms—never—never—never.
Speech to the House of Lords –1777

Mr. Pitt was actually in favor of some sort of reconciliation and sovereign association between Britain and the American colonies – but in his opposition to his own country’s high-handed treatment of America, he was promoting the same principle of mutual respect, which is being followed by those of us who are opposed to US foreign invasions.

Greg

However, I think that there is a none too subtle point that seems lost in this question and the discussion which it was designed to evoke - and that is, that defending our country against a foreign invasion and supporting an invasion of another country are NOT the same thing.

Always the one to be chronically confused, eh Greg? You might not have noticed that the thread topic you addressed was:

Which, naturally, caused you to become embroiled in yet another slathering, off topic pressing of your own personal agenda as you somehow saw fit to twist that topic into an agenda to attack me, while derailing the subject into bantering about the Invasion of Iraq.

I believe your “none too subtle point that seems lost in this question… that defending our country against a foreign invasion and supporting an invasion of another country are NOT the same thing.”, depicts your confusion. First, there is no subtle point lost as there was no subtle point suggested. Secondly, you’ve had an epiphany understanding that defending our nation against a foreign invasion and supporting the invasion of another nation are not the same. Well done!

Of course - this point is often missed by people who loudly profess to be U.S. Patriots, and use this as the basis for their complete disrespect for other countries and societies. But many great men have embraced this principle - and their love of their own country is not debased by their willingness to recognize the same trait in foreigners.

I’ve not missed any point as I suppose I’ll have to assist you in understanding what you fail to grasp. And, by the way, why is it that you continually harp on my choice of "handles" rather than speak coherently to specific issues? In connection with the quoted comments you posted, they are wholly out of context as those were spoken in the context of the original 13 colonies seeking to break away from British rule, from religious oppression. The colonists demanded No kingdom, no state religion, no divine rights of kings. You don’t really understand what you’re talking about as you have quoted comments within a context not paralleled to the situation in Iraq.

You apparently don’t understand that those who drafted and signed the U.S. Constitution were, themselves, colonists fleeing from Britain and its oppressive kingdom, or they were descendents of those fleeing from British rule. The original 13 colonies were not composed of splintered ethnic, religious or tribal groups who were disposed to wantonly slaughtering each other.

The Declaration of Independence was is in fact a treasonous document from the perspective of the British. It has already been argued and long admitted that the concept of men's religious beliefs were part and parcel of the founding of the country. However, the wording is clearly meant to encompass numerous beliefs, extant at the time, to cover the general consensus of beliefs. Hence, deist terms like "Creator" and "Nature's God", "divine Providence" and the quite evident lack of reference to Jesus and Yahweh (despite robust debate to include them). The closest reference is to a "Supreme Judge", but of course that could be Amon Ra, couldn't it?

Such that you might be better able to understand what the D.O.I. and subsequent drafting of the Constitution was all about Greg, follow the link below.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=329115

If I can be of assistance to you on this, or any other matter, please advise.

Edited by US Patriot