Sign in to follow this  
Ali Naqi

Son of Saad bin Abi Waqas

Rate this topic

(salam)

I need confirmation that was Saad bin Abi Waqas the brother Sayyida Amina Mother of Prophet Muhammad pbuh. Also the son of Saad bin Abi Waqas was in the battle Karbala and was in the enemies army wanting to kill Imam Hussain (as) or did kill Imam Hussain (as).

Please could you give me a reply Jazakallah.

Ali Naqi

Edited by Syed Ali Naqi

(salam)

I need confirmation that was Saad bin Abi Waqas the brother Sayyida Amina Mother of Prophet Muhammad pbuh. Also the son of Saad bin Abi Waqas was in the battle Karbala and was in the enemies army wanting to kill Imam Hussain (as) or did kill Imam Hussain (as).

Please could you give me a reply Jazakallah.

Ali Naqi

(bismillah)

Omar ibn Saad was the son of Saad ibn abi Waqqas and he led the army that killed Imam Husayn (as).

Its in arabic

Amina (ra) was the daughter of wahab (definitely not his sister).

Wassalaam

does that made him escape the nalat of Allah

:blink:

:blink: :blink:

:blink: :blink: :blink:

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

:blink: :blink: :blink:

:blink: :blink:

:blink:

Some internet sources say he was the uncle of the Prophet, just because he belonged to the same tribe as his mother. However this is wrong, as he was a distant relative. Also, being a relative of the Prophet doesn't prove anything, as Abu Lahab was an uncle of the prophet

" and was the cousin to Aminah bint Wahb, mother of prophet Muhammad. " - Wikipedia

However, this is half wrong too. as this source goes into more detail.

" He was Saad ibn Abi Waqqas. His grandfather was Uhaib ibn Manaf, the paternal uncle of Aaminah, the mother of the Prophet, peace be upon  ...:

Uhaid ibn Manaf -----------------     Wahhab

I                                          I

Abi Waqqas                              Aaminah

I                                           I
Saad Ibn Abi Waqqas           Prophet Muhammad

So he was like a second or third cousin.

Saad was genuinely neutral in the civil war his son umar only killed Hussain because of his greed not because of any family animosity.Saad narrates in shih muslim hadith of khabar which extols Alis virtues

SAAD Family was anti uthman too his nephew Hashim b Utnah was a famous general of Ali who fell in siffin

Edited by Panzerwaffe

BTW son of miqdad was killed in Jamal fighting against Ali so should we blame miqdad for his sons actions ?

Son of Khalid bin Waleed (ra) fought on imam Ali (as) side but I guess the father son excuse can't be used here :p

Edited by Wisdom007

Ditto ^ and his other son with Muawiyah though

Plus son of abu bakr is Alis supporter

True and this is the reason why I believe that imam Ali (as) did not claim to be a divinely appointed individual. Those people did not believe imam Ali (as) to be divinely appointed and they had no reason to fight for imam Ali (as) other than they thought imam Ali (as) call to his caliphate was his HAQ as he explains in letter 6 nahj ul balagah. Imam Ali did not bribe or promise earthly gains unlike muawiyah (ra) who did.. So if anyone as a counter tried to say he bought them out then this is utter nonesense Edited by Wisdom007