Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Peer

Wearing black while offering namaz - Makrooh according to ayatollah se

Rate this topic

(salam)

Bro. yeah, the black turban is the sign of the syed and wearing black dress is allowed (highly recommended) during Muharram.. but I have seen Imams leading the prayers in black Aba' in each and every month (not only Muharram)...

I mean, most of the time they are wearing Black Aba'

So, what is the reason behind declaring it Makrooh? also, it is said, that Hazrat Fatimah(as) used to wear Black Chador..

ma'salama

Edited By Peer Syed Sahib on 1036443132

salam alaykum..

i see a lot of women especially (since many might wear all black) who put something white on during prayer, I guess cause black is a color of sadness and is depressing, and that during prayer u shouldnt feel that way?? (although some ppl mourne due to love of Allaw swt)

i hope im not confusing things even more

(salam)

sister, according to Sayyid Seestani (may he live long), it is mustahab to offer salat in white dress..

I was just looking for the reason behind this ruling..

One friend of mine told me that according to Sayyid Shirazi (may Allah raise his ranks) it is not allowed (or may be makrooh) to wear black shoes even normally :s

He said, he read it in Sayyid Shirazi's book as well as in [i:post_uid1]Tuhfatul Awaam[/i:post_uid1] ( a book based on the fatawa of Ayatollah Khui', Ayatollah Shariat Madar, Ayatollah Tabatabai'..etc)

ma'salama

(salam)

Ok, This is from Aalim Network, al-islam.org

[b:post_uid0]Q.) Long time ago we received a Shari ruling about not wearing black shoes, I got a lot of phone calls and messages about that issue and the question is what is the reason why Muslims can not wear black shoes, I

need a strong answer because many brothers are asking , why? Please answer in reference to the Qur'an.

A.) Wearing black shoes is not haram. In the books of akhlaaqiyaat  (i.e. morals and ethics) there are directives from the ahadith which indicate that to put on black shoes is makrooh - that is unworthy - or something better to avoid.[/b:post_uid0]

But, I dont think this is a good or a satisfactory answer. He didn't state the reason, which was asked  :s

ma'salama

[bro. Dhulfiqar, according to the above answer it is Makrooh for all not only for Syeds ;) ]

Edited By Peer Syed Sahib on 1036516653

I was under the impression that prayer goes to God. I think if you wear decent clothing regardless of colors combination, He will accept it. Unless you have some naked womens drawn on your shirt !!!!!

Who wrote those books which showed the intentions whether its legit or not?

I think every person who is a beleiver should pocess enough knowledge to make decision that what God has instructed and not some human who is trying to acheive some supremacy on the name of religion.

(salam)

i guess it stems from the holy prophet pbuh  being called 'kali kamli wala'

and hence as a mark of strong respect we avoid wearing black as a lower garment especially shoes

have you not observed the oldies not wear a black shalwar(pakistani trouser)

(salam)

Aslamo 3alikum,

Hmmm... Then wearing BLACK while saying namaz should be recommended (as it is sunnah).. but it is also Makrooh :s

eehhh..its confusing  uh??

ma'salama

Bismillah

Asalam ALikum

Haiderm

have you not observed the oldies not wear a black shalwar(pakistani trouser)

Bro/Sis, I do not agree to this.. Id some one is wearing a black kameez (Shirt), they go for mostly the same color shalwar... Also, most people do wear black shoes, especially my areas, NWFP, where balck is the prefered color for CHAPLI, the Pathan sandel...

wa salam

Bismillah wha Salam !

I just wanted to say a quick thingi, in "Tibb al-Aimmah" (Islamic Medical Wisdom) in a hadith Imam Ali (as) tells some words of wisdom to his son, Imam HAssan Mujtaba (as) that if he wants to get ready for paradise one of the things he should do is wear white/light clothes..... B)