In the Name of God بسم الله

Travel Recommendations for Spiritual Journeys

• Basic Members

Salaam everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I am now planning a spiritual trip and would like some advice from this great community.

I want to go places with big religious and cultural meanings. Have any of you traveled like this? If so, I would be happy to hear your experiences and any suggestions you might have.

If visiting old mosques, shrines, or peaceful retreats is something you like, I am very keen to find new spots that help in spiritual growth and connecting with inner self.

Looking forward to your insights and suggestions! :)

• Basic Members
Posted (edited)

Thank you @Ashvazdanghe  I'm really interested in visiting South Korea for its rich religious and cultural heritage. I’m curious about the best temples, shrines, or peaceful retreats that are worth checking out.

Can anyone help me out? I’d love to know how easy it is to get to these places and if there are any specific rituals or practices I should know about.

Also, would you recommend hiring a local guide for exploring these spiritual sites? I'm thinking of booking one through [edit] a Korean local guide. Or is it easy enough to explore on my own?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Edited by Hameedeh
[edit] No advertising links, please.

• Advanced Member
On 6/24/2024 at 1:34 AM, LunaLoom said:

I'm really interested in visiting South Korea for its rich religious and cultural heritage. I’m curious about the best temples, shrines, or peaceful retreats that are worth checking out.

Can anyone help me out? I’d love to know how easy it is to get to these places and if there are any specific rituals or practices I should know about

Hi/Salam lol , lol at first I have thought that you are asking about Shia religious and cultural heritage :ko: ; which also   I  must mention that SC is Shia muslim site so therefore here you only can receive information about  "specific rituals or practices" in Shia holy sites likewise "shrines, or peaceful retreats" :blush:;which i recommend you to plan for Arbaeen walk as most high spiritual journey in Shia world , which it's time is near which you can plan for visiting south Korea anytime after it . 

https://arbaeenwalk.net/

https://arbaeenwalk.net/about-1

https://india.shafaqna.com/EN/the-history-and-significance-of-arbaeen-walk/

which

On 6/24/2024 at 1:34 AM, LunaLoom said:

Also, would you recommend hiring a local guide for exploring these spiritual sites? I'm thinking of booking one through [edit] a Korean local guide. Or is it easy enough to explore on my own?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

you can find tips about traveling to South Korea in any normal travel tip site ; however thank you in advance for trusting to us for asking your question ; which I hope so that  you  will have a good spiritual journey in your travel to South Korea .