In the Name of God بسم الله

Should i stay Shia?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I was blackballed by my Shaykh, my community seems to be filled with ikwanis,and salafis. He told me i commited shirk and the american people were right(i think he means wisconsin people,in my state).They found out i said ya  hussain to see if jinn would come off, and accused me of shirk,even non muslims,because of influnce of salafis. But any way he said i was'nt shia, and no i dont have a shia home, our other masjid was shut down! i What should i do?

• Development Team
1 hour ago, Lion of Shia said:

I was blackballed by my Shaykh, my community seems to be filled with ikwanis,and salafis. He told me i commited shirk and the american people were right(i think he means wisconsin people,in my state).They found out i said ya  hussain to see if jinn would come off, and accused me of shirk,even non muslims,because of influnce of salafis. But any way he said i was'nt shia, and no i dont have a shia home, our other masjid was shut down! i What should i do?

Salaam alaikum

The shaykh is wrong, he can't decide your beliefs for you or blackmail you into being a Sunni. Didn't I suggest that you stop attending that masjid?  You always let these people bully you, time to stand for yourself. What happened to your plan of becoming more independent and getting a car and a job? 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Salaam alaikum

The shaykh is wrong, he can't decide your beliefs for you or blackmail you into being a Sunni. Didn't I suggest that you stop attending that masjid?  You always let these people bully you, time to stand for yourself. What happened to your plan of becoming more independent and getting a car and a job? 

i did, you were right,i wil for now on, im in the process of  getting a job i applied as a first responder. Im in the applition process.Its not easy trying to find a decent job, i have applied and got rejected. As for a car in in the process of getting one. Your right brother, i dont kno what i was thinking with the shia center, i guess i wasnt thinking clearly, i was trying to test waters to be sure.

• Development Team
14 minutes ago, Lion of Shia said:

Your right brother, i dont kno what i was thinking with the shia center, i guess i wasnt thinking clearly, i was trying to test waters to be sure.

You mean the Sunni/Salafi/Ikhwani center. No Shia would ever discourage you being Shia. There is nothing to test, brother. The Sunni sheikh and his followers like harass and upset because you the accept the truth of the Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام) and you know that Muhammad (sawas) chose Ali (عليه السلام) as his wali. The sheikh and his followers don't like that, so they think it's perfectly ok to mess with you and make you stressed/upset. They should be ashamed of themselves. Take a deep breath and remove yourself from the place.

• Advanced Member

Don't go to Sunni or other sectors mosques. As it has been said by others. You will get harassed & ridiculed. And no point into getting a debate with them because they won't accept their own sources let alone ours.

I understand your intentions are well trying to do good by attending mosque.

• Moderators
On 6/19/2024 at 9:20 PM, Lion of Shia said:

When I go to a new masjid, I look for the long beards and the short pants. If I see that, I'm outta there....... > 

• Advanced Member

It's a general rule in every aspect of the life religion, job, marriage, children, etc. If you find something true, correct, and beneficial to you, you should stand by it, no matter what others say. Otherwise, you fall in a loop of constantly changing your mind based on what others say not based on the truth.