In the Name of God بسم الله

List of Shia (muslim) small businesses in the US and Canada?

• Advanced Member

Salaam dear fellow momineen,

Since Muharram is around the corner, I felt like I should do a project or work towards serving fellow muslim (preferably shia but open to muslims in general as well) brothers and sisters in achieving their business goals.

I have been looking for a shia small business directory for North America over the internet, but haven't been able to find one (yet).

So, i wanted to start a thread, where we can mention businesses along with their online presence links (socials, websites, whatever they have). This way we not only empower our fellow brothers and sisters in doing better business, but also create an opportunity for business owners to work with each other if there is a synergy.

For example, if a company provides digital marketing services, they can partner with other small b2c businesses to help them grow their online presence or increase their sales. Similarly, if there is a recruiting agency that provides hiring solutions, they can help other fellow brothers' and sisters' businesses with fullfilling their hiring needs.

Let me know what you guys think.

Don't forget to mention any small shia business located in US or Canada that you know of.

P.S: i am keeping the scope to North America at this moment, because I am located here and its easier to communicate with them plus there is a lack of any such listing out there.

• Advanced Member

Reza Hourmanesh is a Shia architect in upstate New York, United States who I would like to market. :) 

He was the architect for the renovation of Masjid As Salam in Albany, New York and the architect for the construction of Al-Hidaya Center in Latham, New York. He also designs commercial buildings and homes. https://www.buzzfile.com/business/Grh-Construction-585-654-6000#google_vignette

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 6/15/2024 at 3:00 AM, TryingToBe said:

Salaam dear fellow momineen,

Since Muharram is around the corner, I felt like I should do a project or work towards serving fellow muslim (preferably shia but open to muslims in general as well) brothers and sisters in achieving their business goals.

I have been looking for a shia small business directory for North America over the internet, but haven't been able to find one (yet).

So, i wanted to start a thread, where we can mention businesses along with their online presence links (socials, websites, whatever they have). This way we not only empower our fellow brothers and sisters in doing better business, but also create an opportunity for business owners to work with each other if there is a synergy.

For example, if a company provides digital marketing services, they can partner with other small b2c businesses to help them grow their online presence or increase their sales. Similarly, if there is a recruiting agency that provides hiring solutions, they can help other fellow brothers' and sisters' businesses with fullfilling their hiring needs.

Let me know what you guys think.

Don't forget to mention any small shia business located in US or Canada that you know of.

P.S: i am keeping the scope to North America at this moment, because I am located here and its easier to communicate with them plus there is a lack of any such listing out there.

MashahAllah, I think this is a good project. I can give you a few off the top of my head (these are all in Dearborn, MI)

Point Blank firearms (I know the owner personally)

https://www.pointblank-firearms.com/

Golden Bakery (Dearborn and Dearborn Heights

https://www.seamless.com/menu/golden-bakery-26433-ford-rd-dearborn-heights/3200084

Greenland Market. They contribute to a lot of charities who help out Shia families

https://www.yelp.com/biz/greenland-market-dearborn-heights-3

I will post more when I have more time. InShahAllah