In the Name of God بسم الله

Sunni Hadiths on Drawing /Shīa

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

I know this Hadith below is from a Sunni source, but what is the Shīa response to all the Hadiths they quote on art/drawings being haram. I enjoy drawing a lot, and like most people, have no intention of using it to be superior and “recreate God’s creations as my own”. I actually want to create my own graphic novel with Muslim characters too  

Sahih Bukhari:I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, "Every painter will go to Hell, and for every portrait he has made, there will be appointed one who will chastise him in the Hell." Ibn 'Abbas said: If you have to do it, draw pictures of trees and other inanimate things.

Guest trafalgar

@Zahraa112

from sistanis website.

Question: Students are asked to draw a human being or an animal; the requirement is such that it is difficult for the student to refuse the assignment. Are they allowed to do the drawing?

Answer: Drawing a non-sculptured figure is allowed. It is allowed to draw a human being or an animal on a piece of paper or something.

• Veteran Member
On 6/12/2024 at 6:36 PM, Zahraa112 said:

I know this Hadith below is from a Sunni source, but what is the Shīa response to all the Hadiths they quote on art/drawings being haram. I enjoy drawing a lot, and like most people, have no intention of using it to be superior and “recreate God’s creations as my own”. I actually want to create my own graphic novel with Muslim characters too  

Sahih Bukhari:I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, "Every painter will go to Hell, and for every portrait he has made, there will be appointed one who will chastise him in the Hell." Ibn 'Abbas said: If you have to do it, draw pictures of trees and other inanimate things.

:salam:

Will you please share it when available ?

• Advanced Member
On 6/12/2024 at 7:36 PM, Zahraa112 said:

Salam.

You can contact Kisa Kids Publications and Um Aimen Books. Sun Behind Cloud publications. etc. These are some publications that make children books in English.

Here's one

https://us.alkisafoundation.org/collections/al-kisa-publications/products/the-name-chronicles

If they are not interested in publishing your works, there is always amazon. Also, you can have your novels translated into Persian and Arabic etc and print them in Lebanon, Iraq, the Islamic Republic etc.

Also just to know, how much would you charge for a panoramic drawing? i.e. per spread.

My friends are having freelancers do the drawings for their books. Like on  fiverr, bionluk etc. But it would be better if a shia muslim who is already aware of islamic history and shia islamic beliefs do the drawings instead.