In the Name of God بسم الله

Just want to hear someone else's thoughts

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

I met this guy not long ago and we both like each other alot and we spoke about marriage and everything straight away, i trust him with my life. However, I hate to admit it but I wasnt close to Allah, about 2 weeks ago me and him stopped talking, due to this I have started to become closer to Allah. Now my question, do you think Allah put him in my life to show me how good our relationship would be if I become closer to Allah, did Allah take him away from me for now until i become closer to religion?

• Advanced Member
45 minutes ago, Abu_Zahra said:

We can not know for sure. The important thing is that if he has good akhlaq and is a God fearing person, you should reconciliate and proceed with marriage. Furthermore, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has opened the doors of guidance for you, so strive hard to remain on this path and not to slip back into old ways. 

aleykum salaam I second this.

• Advanced Member

As salaamun aleikum,

So my thoughts are a little different here and are more of a precaution.

I dont know you, your history, your family, or your religious upbringing (born muslim/revert, etc)

What you need to be careful for here is, getting into a marriage of either type with this man and not having the actual spirit and love of the religion in your heart. It may feel like you do at first because you've been brought back to the religion in a sense, and you are also having some emotions for this brother.. the thing is, if you do not have the religion and internal self will to follow it, then it may only be a superficial turning to the religion and in that case, it will wear off after a while which will be devastating to your relationship. 

If this brother is a believing, Allah- fearing, religion following man, and you get married to him and falter in your path, become weak or slip back, it is going to create a huge problem for both of your lives. 

I seriously suggest working on yourself and becoming the best Muslim you can which can take even a few years or more before a person is really really ready. But don't make any decisions early just because you feel like you become closer to God in a matter of a few weeks. That's generally not how it works, especially if a person hasn't been observing for long periods of time and religion has been just a thought in the back of their mind for the most part. 

Make your decisions very wisely because they can have huge consequences for both of you futures.

Praying  for the best for you.

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, br1 said:

I met this guy not long ago and we both like each other alot and we spoke about marriage and everything straight away, i trust him with my life. However, I hate to admit it but I wasnt close to Allah, about 2 weeks ago me and him stopped talking, due to this I have started to become closer to Allah. Now my question, do you think Allah put him in my life to show me how good our relationship would be if I become closer to Allah, did Allah take him away from me for now until i become closer to religion?

Your self reflection in this post seems to be a good sign of more like it to come on the inward path.