In the Name of God بسم الله

Patience running thin

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I've been having trouble with keeping my patience in check, my blood has been boiling for no apparent reason, I think.

I've gone into the habit of saying some blasphemous things when angry, not something I'm happy about. 

Just wanted it off my chest

• Advanced Member

It'll be fine man. Do some breathing exercises. Watch some mindfulness videos and keep up your namaz. When you abandon namaz, you open up portals for all kinds of negativity to enter into your system. It's not only worship, but a defence. Most importantly to do it on time. Allah knows you don't mean what you say, but make istaghfar just to restore the inner balance.

• Advanced Member

@SO SOLID SHIA just want to say your profile is funny!!!

@op...

We all have moments like this. The key is to try to prevent it from becoming a habit.. one of the things that helps me is to get outdoors and go hiking, or weightlifting, or do something to burn off the internal stress and agitation that accumulates over time, especially if you have a stressful life or heavy family concerns or worries or responsibilities. Being a human being encompasses many different aspects, there's our physical aspect, mental aspect, spiritual aspect, etc.. in order for us to be well balanced, each one of those things needs to be kept in check so that we can live harmoniously. So my advice is to try to find some sort of physical stress relief and that should help bring everything else back in alignment. If you already have a regular workout routine going on, try approaching this from a spiritual angle by reciting certain things like Dua makarimal alhlaq which helps to encourage and remind us to good behaviors and to abstain from bad behaviors.

In sha Allah you get some more suggestions.

• Advanced Member

Hi @PureExistence1 thanks

I just want to say that you're amazing. Great advice by the way. I remember vaguely you saying you're a cowgirl ? Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaa Allahu Akbar 

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

Hi @PureExistence1 thanks

I just want to say that you're amazing. Great advice by the way. I remember vaguely you saying you're a cowgirl ? Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaa Allahu Akbar 

Lol, yea i grew up out in the country and spend hslf the week on my parents small farm..we font really have any animals anymore, just some farm cats, the dog and 2 donkeys..things changed as us kids got older and parents aged and got sick..now, when im well, i just do a lil gardening or help keep the fences and other things required and grass cut down. It can grow over 6 ft, then we get in trouble w the fire dept...thats a LOT of work. The donkeys can only eat so much!