In the Name of God بسم الله

Heavy Feeling

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

this past few days ive been haviung a very heavy feeling 

and my whole body is heavy i cant feel my legs at night i cant sleep and dnt feel like eating 

I think about death alot 

im npt sure if its depression or anxiety or if i just got scared 

i went next to this momin lady she said it could be from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for you to change 

i used to be rude to my parents alot and listen to music all the time 

but now i aplogise and stop listening to music like i how i ised to only when i go weddings or trips 

someone give me advice what is it 

• Advanced Member

Salam

2 hours ago, Zee Ali said:

this past few days ive been haviung a very heavy feeling 

and my whole body is heavy i cant feel my legs at night i cant sleep and dnt feel like eating 

I think about death alot 

im npt sure if its depression or anxiety or if i just got scared 

This du-a'a known as "supplication of the youth stricken for his sin," is quoted from the work of Kaf-ami and from Muhaj al Da-wat by Sayyid ibn Tawus. from Imam Ali ibn abi Talib(عليه السلام) who wrote his dua'a and gave it to a paralized man instruction to recite after Isha salat

i used to be rude to my parents alot and listen to music all the time 

but now i aplogise and stop listening to music like i how i ised to only when i go weddings or trips 

Through Imam Hussain(عليه السلام) it is reported that one day he and his father, after performing Hajj, caught sight of a paralysed young man crying his eyes out in repentance.
They went near to console him and find out the reason of his sorry plight. He was a habitual sinner, always teased his father, disobeyed him and treated him with contempt. One day, disgusted, the father invoked curse upon him. So he was affected with paralysis.
Then and there Imam Ali ibn abi Talib(عليه السلام) wrote his dua'a and gave it to him with instruction to recite after Isha salat. Next day fully cured, he came to Imam Ali and said that he had recited the dua'a as told and went to sleep. He saw the Holy Prophet (sa) in the dream. The holy prophet, gently touched his body with his hand and asked him to remember this dua'a as it contain ismi azam (the great name of Allah).

i went next to this momin lady she said it could be from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for you to change

This dua'a contains ismi azam (the great name of Allah). Recite this dua'a after Isha salat. It brings countless blessings. All your legitimate desires will be fulfilled. It drives away poverty and sickness. Sins are for given. Debts are cleared. Enemies become friends. Domestic affairs are set aright. Disputes are settled in your favour. Prisoners are set free mental worries disappear. Prosperity, sound mind and healthy body stand by you at all times.
Mercy and forgiveness of sins are the main advantages the almighty Allah makes available if this dua'a is recited regularly..

https://www.duas.org/mashlool.htm

https://supplications.al-islam.org/adiya/dua-mashlool.php

• Advanced Member

You have my prayers.

And like that lady said, maybe this is to make you a better person? Maybe your conscience has been fully awakened and you are overwhelmed with your sins? I know something similar to this happened to me. One day I had a dream where I was being divinely judged, and the feeling I got from that made me feel such a dread that I took a better turn in life. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Alsalam alaikum, 

The feelings that you described its most certainly depression.

Try reading ziyarat of Ashura x40 days. Stay around people. Avoid being left alone. And try to have firm belief in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

Always remember that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) forgives all sins, and can do everything as stated in the Quran.

Whatever your fears are..they are not bigger than God. So try to keep Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) present all the time... keep giving charity/sadkah.

I felt the same, a few years back... it was the most intense attack of anxiety I ever felt. It lasted for days. I couldn't concentrate,or do anything. I was living in a state of fear for the whole time I was awake and had the same feeling about my legs and I felt like crying all the time. It felt a lack of everything.  It was horrible to go through. At that time I didn't know what it was but it's depression. If it doesn't change seek help from a doctor. 

May Ahle bait AS help you.

• Advanced Member
On 5/28/2024 at 10:27 PM, Zee Ali said:

It sounds like depression to me. What can help is to drink a cup of borage tea a day. Drink a cup a day for 5 days then take a 3 day break and repeat this cycle. Stretching can help a lot. See if you can make a 20 minute of more habit of stretching 3-4 times a week. Each feeling you have is associated with a thought and physical sensation. It is hard to be tense psychologically when your body is relaxed. Also, don't believe everything you think. Your thoughts may be biased by how you feel so instead of acting on your thoughts and emotions start making small but consistent behaviors that align with your values. It may help to journal what your values are and rank the very important ones 1-10.

https://persianbasket.com/borage-gol-gav-zaban-persian-basket.html