In the Name of God بسم الله

The Ayatollah Bahjat (Q) of today

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Ayatollah Bahjat (Q) was regarded as a great ascetic and mystic; known for his piety and devotion. This was also said of the likes of Imam Khomeini (Q) and Shaykh Rajab Ali Khayat (Q). My question is - are there any scholars/believers like this alive today? I don’t just simply mean devoted or who have deep theological learning, but those who have taken it to a deeper level; who are known for their asceticism and karamat, etc? 

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Ikiryo said:

Ayatollah Bahjat (Q) was regarded as a great ascetic and mystic; known for his piety and devotion. This was also said of the likes of Imam Khomeini (Q) and Shaykh Rajab Ali Khayat (Q). My question is - are there any scholars/believers like this alive today? I don’t just simply mean devoted or who have deep theological learning, but those who have taken it to a deeper level; who are known for their asceticism and karamat, etc? 

Salam if someone claims having Karamat  or follow asceticism by himself or through his fans so therefore he will be a fraud or lunatic person which late Ayatollah Bahjat (رضي الله عنه) or " Imam Khomeini (Q) and Shaykh Rajab Ali Khayat (Q)"  during whole of their lifetime have tried to conceal Karamat or asceticism which also they have not tried to gather fans around themselves although some news about them have been spread about them due that they have been in contact with people & they have not isolated themselves from people by isolation of themselves in some places which they have been in service of people which people have see their real asceticism and karamat after seeing their lifestyle & making comparison with other scholars which Ayatollah Bahjat (Q)  Imam Khomeini (Q) and Shaykh Rajab Ali Khayat (Q) have not called people to gather around them although their lifestyle & spiritual magnet have absorbed people to them in similar fashion that magent absorbs iron particles.  

• Forum Administrators
13 hours ago, Ikiryo said:

Can no one just answer the question these days? :confused:

Is there anyone alive now who can reach the spiritual level of Ayatullah Bahjat RA? I pray to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) that there is such a person.

If there is someone, then he is not in the public eye so that people can notice him. Only his students might recognize his spiritual goodness or his own religious colleagues and nobody is talking, because spreading such admiring talk about a person only invites complaints by naysayers. 

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Is there anyone alive now who can reach the spiritual level of Ayatullah Bahjat RA? I pray to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) that there is such a person.

If there is someone, then he is not in the public eye so that people can notice him. Only his students might recognize his spiritual goodness or his own religious colleagues and nobody is talking, because spreading such admiring talk about a person only invites complaints by naysayers. 

I agree..such people guard themselves from others and also from their own ego which can affect their maqam/station and interfere with or regress their spiritual progress if their ego is somehow compromised/heightened.

• Forum Administrators
1 hour ago, guest 2025 said:

It took a very long time for the legendary scholars to  acquire a reputation, a lot of them were old before they were recognized. 

Yes, that seems very logical. 

1 hour ago, guest 2025 said:

they're very secretive.

Reserved, discreet, cautious.