In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam

I have a query, I read the Lord's prayer recently. and I fail to see HOW this is haram??????

"Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil."

What is haram about this ??? Its asking Allah to give us rizq, forgive us and save us from evil? how is it haram??

@A

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Future_Banker_Insha Allah said:

"Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come

Salam problem is not about giving us rizq, forgiving us and save us from evil but on the other than it has been initiated by considering him as a person with limits & a body which  he is already in heaven so then needs to descend from heaven to bring his kingdom with himself from heaven  likewise Potus. 

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam problem is not about giving us rizq, forgiving us and save us from evil but on the other than it has been initiated by considering him as a person with limits & a body which  he is already in heaven so then needs to descend from heaven to bring his kingdom with himself from heaven  likewise Potus. 

i see ur point, but what if one simply. Decides to read it with a metaphorical meaning in mind god is omniscient and omnipresent he is everywhere and nowhere, christians also believe he is everywhere. But say heaven regardless because that is Heavan, the Kingdom of God for respite and eternal peace you see.

What about the term FATHER, in this context? is it not metaphorical :unsure: is it objectionable or acceptable or  is it based on the reciter's niyyah

• Development Team
Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 5:48 PM, Future_Banker_Insha Allah said:

"Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil."

Re-read the first part of the praver^

Then read these ayat: 

لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ ٣

He neither begets nor is born (112:3)

وَمَا يَنۢبَغِى لِلرَّحْمَـٰنِ أَن يَتَّخِذَ وَلَدًا ٩٢

And it is not appropriate for the Most Merciful that He should take a son. (19:92)

It is not appropriate to call Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) "Father" according to His Words. Niyyah, metaphor or not, it is unacceptable to Him. ^

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar