In the Name of God بسم الله

The defense of popular revert Zainab Amy Hodgkins

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Some of you may be familiar with Zainab Amy, the popular British revert who was an excellent speaker. Unfortunately some time later she seemed to have stopped practicing. Then she came back and the channel that hosted her gave her a platform to explain what happened, and once again she seemed to have left the faith.

Of course people assumed the worst (I'll admit that even I was upset). We made all sorts of theories as to what happened, without making excuses for her, and moved on marking this as an unfortunate incident.

Years later I happen to find out that it was not an unfortunate incident, it was a tragedy.

Do you know what happened to Zainab Amy? She was sexually harassed, sexually ASSAULTED, and emotionally violated by APES who thought that a convert without a Muslim dad/brother to protect her was an easy sexual target. I guess they thought they'd have better luck with her because she's a convert.

She would have people act nice and pious, tell her that they're interested in marriage, then out of nowhere a switch goes off and they with malice reveal their true intentions. They don't even do it pretending to be respectful one person explicitly said "I want to use and abuse you." And this would happen to her over, and over, and over again. What disturbed her is that they would act like angels, noble men who had her best interests at heart, and then out of nowhere they reveal their satanic intentions. And like I said at one point she was sexually assaulted, which set her on a phycological downward spiral.

Another issue she faced was that some chimpanzees would be ill-mannered with her because she wasn't of their race, making her feel like she's not good enough.

In the end she said that it is hard for her to practice again because she is so traumatized, she tried to listen to a majis but then had a phycological breakdown from all the traumatic associations. She said she still believes in Imam Mahdi (عليه السلام), and that she hopes that he will appear in her life so that she can stand in the crowds watching him with his 313. She expressed that she looks forward to the day justice will come. It's hard for her to practice again because of her PTSD.

I highly recommend that you watch her video telling her story. And I request that you make a heartfelt prayer for her. She was so sincere and passionate, it blows my mind how some demons can see this woman strive for the sake of the Ahlulbayt, and then PREY ON HER. Allah will suffice against them.

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

She used to be a member here and post from time to time. This is probably one of the most tragic stories I have ever heard. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) guide her back to the Sirat Al Mustakeem, InSHahAllah. 

This is also a common problem amoung young, white female reverts. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Advanced Member

May allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) curse all these monsters who follow their lust in haram ways. This is so sad, it's been 3 years since that video was released. I hope she is fine now.