In the Name of God بسم الله

Permissibility of Working for General Companies

Rate this topic

Guest Sami

Guest Sami

Is it permissible to work for companies like General Atomics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Aeronautics. All these companies have different sectors such as energy, space exploration, defense systems, drones, etc. Nasa makes rockets for space exploration but many times this technology is used for nuclear warheads, and offensive rockets.

Even if I didn't work for the war departments, can I still work there? For example, working on a surveillance satellite for google maps and other gps apps, but that same satellite might get used for military purposes, even if I did not know.

Another example is working on a faster and better drone for civilian purposes, but again, that same technology might get implemented in war drones.

I am an engineering student and these companies offer great benefits, pay, and knowledge.

Please search up the names of these companies from your side so you can better understand what I mean. 

Please don’t reply with irrelevant info, and if you are not sure. This site has lost its reputation years ago because of this.

I follow Sayyid Al sistani. 

• Forum Administrators
On 5/25/2024 at 9:01 PM, Guest Sami said:

I am an engineering student and these companies offer great benefits, pay, and knowledge.

If you work for these companies, just don't be surprised if there are some projects for which you are not assigned or for which you need security clearance. Obviously how far up the chain of leadership you can go will be limited as well.

And all of that is notwithstanding your own ethical stance.

• Advanced Member
On 5/25/2024 at 11:31 PM, Guest Sami said:

Is it permissible to work for companies like General Atomics, Lockheed Martin, NASA, Aeronautics. All these companies have different sectors such as energy, space exploration, defense systems, drones, etc. Nasa makes rockets for space exploration but many times this technology is used for nuclear warheads, and offensive rockets.

Salam

According to Imam khamenei

Working with non-Muslims

Question: What is the ruling on working with Jews, Christians and other infidel sects and getting paid from them?

Answer: There is nothing wrong with working for an infidel, provided that the work is not forbidden and against the general interests of Islam and Muslims.

Answers to questions, question 324

Grand Ayatollah Sistani:
Answer There is no problem in itself.

Grand Ayatollah Khamenei:
If it is considered as one of the cases of donation and aid for sin, or if it involves corruption (such as promoting corruption, publishing lies and false content), or if there is fear of committing a sin, or if it strengthens the enemies of Islam and Muslims, or if it's  benefits aids Zionist companies or companies that use the profits to help the usurping government of Israel;It is Haraam  And if it is not confirmed that its benefits will accrue to the Zionists or that it will be used in the way of enmity with Islam and Muslims, there is no problem.

https://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/fa51697#:~:text=حضرت آیت الله العظمی سیستانی (مد ظله العالی)%3A,خاصی موجب تضعیف مسلمین و تقویت کفار شود.