In the Name of God بسم الله

Console gamers, are you considering the move towards PC gaming?

Rate this topic

Are you considering making the switch?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Are you considering making the switch?

• Yes, getting a console is now very expensive and the games are expensive.
    • No, I don't have a solid base yet for a powerful graphics card.

• Advanced Member

For me, I already made the leap by getting a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 since I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and 32GB RAM. I love PC gaming because its cheaper to get games for on Steam and Epic Game Store and games can be gotten for free as well. There is also cross play on both PC, PlayStation, and Xbox. Another thing is that PlayStation and Xbox are giving away all their exclusives to PC which is a big reason why I made the move. In a sense, I feel PC is the be all, end all for non exclusives while Nintendo still thrives with the Switch and the soon to be unveiled Switch 2 which focuses heavily on exclusives, including Nintendo Switch Sports and Ring Fit Adventure (which why I still play my Switch). I have been enjoying Doom Eternal on my PC alongside Doom 2016 and other games I got on my PC. I also await for more games to take advantage of the power of the Nvidia RTX cards which the Switch 2 will be closer to.

• Advanced Member

No, because I don’t know how to play with pc and it’s difficult when I tried it few times. I prefer console, specifically PlayStation. 

I know it’s pricey but atleast I’m enjoying it.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I also forgot to mention, PC has free online and it will always remain free unlike PlayStation and Xbox where PS4 starting charging for online while PS3 didn't and it was an advantage over Xbox 360 where you had to pay to play online. It's why I still play PS3 when it comes to PlayStation stuff and still think PS1, PS2, and PS3 are the best.

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, ShiaOfMahdi said:

I also forgot to mention, PC has free online and it will always remain free unlike PlayStation and Xbox where PS4 starting charging for online while PS3 didn't and it was an advantage over Xbox 360 where you had to pay to play online. It's why I still play PS3 when it comes to PlayStation stuff and still think PS1, PS2, and PS3 are the best.

Yes but I don’t see any issue with that, this is how business work. They do offers and a lot too. I’m not a fan of playing online but my siblings do and they usually subscribe yearly on Black Fridays which is on November. However I agree with you, ps 1 to 3 are the best. Ps2 is my favorite. 

• Advanced Member
15 hours ago, ShiaOfMahdi said:

For me, I already made the leap by getting a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 since I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and 32GB RAM. I love PC gaming because its cheaper to get games for on Steam and Epic Game Store and games can be gotten for free as well. There is also cross play on both PC, PlayStation, and Xbox. Another thing is that PlayStation and Xbox are giving away all their exclusives to PC which is a big reason why I made the move. In a sense, I feel PC is the be all, end all for non exclusives while Nintendo still thrives with the Switch and the soon to be unveiled Switch 2 which focuses heavily on exclusives, including Nintendo Switch Sports and Ring Fit Adventure (which why I still play my Switch). I have been enjoying Doom Eternal on my PC alongside Doom 2016 and other games I got on my PC. I also await for more games to take advantage of the power of the Nvidia RTX cards which the Switch 2 will be closer to.

salaam brotha,

any recommendations for beginner pc for gaming? Would you recommend the pc you have now?

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, hawdini said:

salaam brotha,

any recommendations for beginner pc for gaming? Would you recommend the pc you have now?

Ryzen 5 5600 is a good idea for a budget PC build and an RTX 3060 is still a great option for a powerful graphics card that can match an Xbox Series X at less than half the price.

• Basic Members

I made the jump from console to PC gaming 2 years ago and built my PC, specs are RTX 2060, (I do plan on upgrading very soon inshallah) and I5 10400F with 16gb of RAM, I enjoy PC gaming because it's cheaper to get games on Steam or by buying steam keys, and I enjoy modding in games as well like in Minecraft, GMOD, and call of duty world at war and black ops 3 (because of the custom zombie maps)  something that console games lack except Bethesda games. Xbox Game Pass is really good too. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, IraqiFeyli313 said:

I made the jump from console to PC gaming 2 years ago and built my PC, specs are RTX 2060, (I do plan on upgrading very soon inshallah) and I5 10400F with 16gb of RAM, I enjoy PC gaming because it's cheaper to get games on Steam or by buying steam keys, and I enjoy modding in games as well like in Minecraft, GMOD, and call of duty world at war and black ops 3 (because of the custom zombie maps)  something that console games lack except Bethesda games. Xbox Game Pass is really good too. 

I built my PC in 2020 with a Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, and a GTX 1650 Super. I did get it an RTX 3060 like a year ago. I do have some great games on my PC and I can also get free games sometimes on Epic Games Store. The Switch is something I still play and I mostly play Ring Fit Adventure on there. I also like the PC letting you use emulators to emulate older consoles including N64, GameCube/Wii, PS1, PS2, and now PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as Wii U.

Edited by ShiaOfMahdi

• Basic Members
14 hours ago, ShiaOfMahdi said:

I built my PC in 2020 with a Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, and a GTX 1650 Super. I did get it an RTX 3060 like a year ago. I do have some great games on my PC and I can also get free games sometimes on Epic Games Store. The Switch is something I still play and I mostly play Ring Fit Adventure on there. I also like the PC letting you use emulators to emulate older consoles including N64, GameCube/Wii, PS1, PS2, and now PS3 and Xbox 360 as well as Wii U.

I haven't delved too deep into emulation yet, since it's quite a hassle at times to get up and running.

• Basic Members

There's another pro that I enjoy with PC gaming its the fact you can pirate games, which for the record I'm not encouraging. And the fact that you don't need to pay a subscription to play with your friends.