In the Name of God بسم الله

Question to people who served in the US army or are have knowledge on it

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Salam, 

Over the years I have come to my own conclusions when it comes to the subject of warcrimes commited by the US army in iraq and afghanistan for eg.

From what I have gathered the main war criminals in the US army other than politicians and generals have been the fighter jet pilots and drone operators, they seem to have caused most of the warcrimes we heard about in the iraq war for example. 

When it comes to ground troops it becomes blurry, it's where I'm unsure and I want to make sure if I am not being gaslit.  I heard all sorts of justifications to justify what seemed to be warcrimes to me from killing "children with weapons" to "suicide bombers", I'm sure you all heard these by now.

To be honest given saddam hussein was a shameless pig, i had no issues believing some of these things, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not being lied to, especially given the reputation of america. I'm trying to see if a lot of the american soldiers I've justifying their terrible actions is some sort of cope? 

How common were ground troops from the US commiting warcrimes exactly in places like iraq and afghanistan? And were they indoctrinated to do so with some superiority complex and lust for revenge kind of like the idf? 

I remeber seeing people in this forum claim to have served in the US army so I am keen in seeing your experiences. 

Ws. 

Edited by Ahmad8888

• Moderators

I was in the US Army in the 90s. Maybe things are different now.  

The vast majority of the men and women in the US military are decent folk, just trying to do a job, get some training and work experience, and earn some money for education or to support their families. Unfortunately, there is (or was?) a deeply rooted culture of covering up misdeeds rather than holding perpetrators accountable.  The people who are inclined to atrocities get away with them over and over, traumatizing not only the direct victims of their violence, but also their military colleagues who are helpless to stop them or even to prevent future instances.  

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, notme said:

I was in the US Army in the 90s. Maybe things are different now.  

The vast majority of the men and women in the US military are decent folk, just trying to do a job, get some training and work experience, and earn some money for education or to support their families. Unfortunately, there is (or was?) a deeply rooted culture of covering up misdeeds rather than holding perpetrators accountable.  The people who are inclined to atrocities get away with them over and over, traumatizing not only the direct victims of their violence, but also their military colleagues who are helpless to stop them or even to prevent future instances.  

That's the issue, this is pre 9/11, especially after vietnam, many probably decided to be more decent.

My guess is most were probably clueless people trying to get a living and think they're being patriotic, so you confirmed that atleast. But after 9/11 I have a huge feeling that decency was still there but a lot of people also had a sense of revenge and superiority complex and they probably saw iraqis and Afghani are beneath them, which probably caused many of them to be trigger happy and to engage in idf like behaviour. 

Even the idf you guys need to remember theyre human, they're just very brainwashed, that's how armies commit atrocities, it depends on how much they see the other people as their inferiors. 

With the american soldiers this must have toned down near the 2010s, they most probably got accustomed to the place and saw the locals as less of "savages". 

Edited by Ahmad8888

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, Ahmad8888 said:

Salam, 

Over the years I have come to my own conclusions when it comes to the subject of warcrimes commited by the US army in iraq and afghanistan for eg.

From what I have gathered the main war criminals in the US army other than politicians and generals have been the fighter jet pilots and drone operators, they seem to have caused most of the warcrimes we heard about in the iraq war for example. 

When it comes to ground troops it becomes blurry, it's where I'm unsure and I want to make sure if I am not being gaslit.  I heard all sorts of justifications to justify what seemed to be warcrimes to me from killing "children with weapons" to "suicide bombers", I'm sure you all heard these by now.

To be honest given saddam hussein was a shameless pig, i had no issues believing some of these things, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not being lied to, especially given the reputation of america. I'm trying to see if a lot of the american soldiers I've justifying their terrible actions is some sort of cope? 

How common were ground troops from the US commiting warcrimes exactly in places like iraq and afghanistan? And were they indoctrinated to do so with some superiority complex and lust for revenge kind of like the idf? 

I remeber seeing people in this forum claim to have served in the US army so I am keen in seeing your experiences. 

Ws. 

aleykum salaam.

this is a complex question

it is soilder to soilder

some were good some were bad we cannot carpet sweep anyone so this question doesnt make much sense. However, the IDF is a completley different story. Its 90% for killing palestininens and like 10% for actual homeland defence. so its a completley different story with the IDF

the Armies of the US were once honourable

World War One when the allies were losing they jumped in and helped us (im british)

when hitler was at our coasts ready to take the UK after taking all of europe bar the USSR. 

the USA jumped in

normandy,  etc etc

many great achievements. 

now post 9/11. well thats a different story. It became decriped and depraved. The democrats didnt help much with this

and the one that did was shot in his car in the 60s. so.

besides that u cant rlly generalise much. but yes they are a lot better than the early 2000s. 

i would've prefered if they defeated the taliban but sadly they didn't. Oh well sad times ig. 

the majority of peopple as the sister said.. wish to simply serve their nation and thats all as well as earn a living. they are humans too not monsters. 

So yeah!!! 

SIDE NOTE: NOT AMERICA'S BUT MY GRANDAD'S BROTHER (SO BASICALLY ONE OF MY GRANDADS) SERVED IN THE BRITISH ARMY AND FOUGHT IN WORLD WAR 2!!!! MASHA'ALLAH A VETERAN HE SURVIVED IT AND WAS HAPPY. HE RETURNED TO PAKISTAN AND RETIRED HE PASSED AWAY WITH OTHERWISE GOOD HEALTH AT THE AGE OF 102 YEARS OLD! HE EVEN HAS A PICTURE WITH FORMER PM DAVID CAMERON, AS THANKS FOR HIS SERVICE.  HIS NAME WAS MAHMOOD OR MASOOD I THINK. ALLAH REST HIS SOUL AMEEN. 

RIP to all the veterans (especially the ones from WW1, WW2, The war against the kaffir commies and the war against the taliban (the current taliban i mean). rest in peace to them veterans around the world who fought them. including Pakistan, America, USA, Canada these taliban claim islam. but are far from it.

Preventing the education of children at young age

legit growing and openly using opium.

forcing people to cover faces or even in some reigons eyes. consequences if they dont this is haram

making it so women cannot do trade or leave homes without a man. consequences sometimes dire if she does

being malicious towards children for not following their so called (sharia)

beating those that dont agree with them.

this is not the deen of Muhammad (sawa).

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Abu Nur said:

It is really laughable reading about Us army being good. They were never good, nor from their colonizing and killing Indians till this current time. They were never good in World wars either. British is even worse.

It is very simple, all those who joined knowingly Iraq war will receive part of evilness of what their leaders have brought.

I agree with you that the US government and the leaders of the military have never been "good". However, most of the people who are actually in the military, not generals or government officials, are just people who want to do a job and take care of their families. Even patriotism was rare in the Army in the 90s. I don't know how prevalent it is nowadays. People were there mostly to escape from dire poverty. Some were sociopaths or psychopaths, and those people got away with some awful stuff. But most are just poor ignorant people, trying to get by, and being fooled and used by evil government.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Ahmad8888 said:

Salam, 

Ws. 

Like others have said, most of the ground troops are 18-25 year olds who come from poor or lower middle class families. They join for the benefits ( a job, free healthcare for life, free college tuition, housing assistance, etc). Most of them are good people going in and some get corrupted while they are in the army by propaganda they hear from their commanding officers, the media, etc. The ones who have been corrupted are used by the higher ups as pawns to do the 'dirty work', i.e. things that are immoral / illegal even under US law. Like others have said this 'dirty work' is covered up and they are very good at covering it up. 

After studying this war (the Iraq war of 2003 to 2009) I believe that the main reason why the US went in was twofold. First, was to control the Iraq oil supply and Second was to 'teach a lesson' to the other US sponsored dictators in the region. Shortly before Iraq was invaded, Saddam started talking about trading his oil using Euros instead of dollars because the price of the Euro was higher at the time. He was actually taking steps to do this and if he did he would have broken the petro dollar scheme and other countries would have started to do the same thing. So, in the mind of the US Imperial mentality, he had to be 'dealt with' in a way that would send an example to others and this is what happened. Also, there is lots of evidence that while the US was there they were attempting to gather intelligence on the whereabout of Imam Zaman(a.f.s). I have posted another thread on this subject so I won't repeat myself. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

Like others have said, most of the ground troops are 18-25 year olds who come from poor or lower middle class families. They join for the benefits ( a job, free healthcare for life, free college tuition, housing assistance, etc). Most of them are good people going in and some get corrupted while they are in the army by propaganda they hear from their commanding officers, the media, etc. The ones who have been corrupted are used by the higher ups as pawns to do the 'dirty work', i.e. things that are immoral / illegal even under US law. Like others have said this 'dirty work' is covered up and they are very good at covering it up. 

After studying this war (the Iraq war of 2003 to 2009) I believe that the main reason why the US went in was twofold. First, was to control the Iraq oil supply and Second was to 'teach a lesson' to the other US sponsored dictators in the region. Shortly before Iraq was invaded, Saddam started talking about trading his oil using Euros instead of dollars because the price of the Euro was higher at the time. He was actually taking steps to do this and if he did he would have broken the petro dollar scheme and other countries would have started to do the same thing. So, in the mind of the US Imperial mentality, he had to be 'dealt with' in a way that would send an example to others and this is what happened. Also, there is lots of evidence that while the US was there they were attempting to gather intelligence on the whereabout of Imam Zaman(a.f.s). I have posted another thread on this subject so I won't repeat myself. 

The oil thing is a huge misconception. 

I'm beginning to be more and more be convinced that they invaded iraq on behalf of israel so that they can have thousands of american soldiers near iran and make sure no route is made between iran and lebanon. Amongst other things. It's why israeli partisans in america pushed the lie of iraq being connected to 9/11 and you even had natenyahu go to congress and want a war in iraq. 

The oil companies themselves did not want the iraq war to happen and even protested against it funny enough and it was countries like china that got most of the iraqi shares of oil. 

The only thing I'm trying to figure out is if a lot of the accounts of american soldiers saying they saw "child soldiers" and all sorts of messed up things is just some feds on the internet or some corrupted guys as you mentionned who have no problem pushing propaganda or if its true. My guess is it's a mixture of both, there is probably some truth to it given how shameless the taliban and saddam were, but I have a huge feeling a lot of the accounts I heard were made up lies, just like american soldiers lying about the stuff they saw in vietnam as a coping mechanism to justify doing what they did. Especially on the internet, these are most probably feds. 

Edited by Ahmad8888

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Future_Banker_Insha Allah said:

the Armies of the US were once honourable

World War One when the allies were losing they jumped in and helped us (im british)

when hitler was at our coasts ready to take the UK after taking all of europe bar the USSR. 

the USA jumped in

normandy,  etc etc

many great achievements. 

now post 9/11. well thats a different story. It became decriped and depraved. The democrats didnt help much with this

and the one that did was shot in his car in the 60s. so.

besides that u cant rlly generalise much. but yes they are a lot better than the early 2000s. 

Salam this is result of brainwashing by videogames & documentaries & hollywood movies which have been produced by order of American army for making a fake honourable story for it  ; which since it's establishment it has been most immoral & corrupt army in similar fashion of British army .

SIDE NOTE: NOT AMERICA'S BUT MY GRANDAD'S BROTHER (SO BASICALLY ONE OF MY GRANDADS) SERVED IN THE BRITISH ARMY AND FOUGHT IN WORLD WAR 2!!!! MASHA'ALLAH A VETERAN HE SURVIVED IT AND WAS HAPPY. HE RETURNED TO PAKISTAN AND RETIRED HE PASSED AWAY WITH OTHERWISE GOOD HEALTH AT THE AGE OF 102 YEARS OLD! HE EVEN HAS A PICTURE WITH FORMER PM DAVID CAMERON, AS THANKS FOR HIS SERVICE.  HIS NAME WAS MAHMOOD OR MASOOD I THINK. ALLAH REST HIS SOUL AMEEN. 

RIP to all the veterans (especially the ones from WW1, WW2, The war against the kaffir commies and the war against the taliban (the current taliban i mean). rest in peace to them veterans around the world who fought them. including Pakistan, America, USA, Canada .

with high respect for your "GRANDAD'S BROTHER (SO BASICALLY ONE OF MY GRANDADS)" anyway  he has served for spreading injustice by British army under it's void & fake slogan of fighting with Kaffir commies & Taliban while the veterans only have served more spreading more injustice & corruption by Britain which even  endorsing & praising by David Cameron doesn't justify it .

these taliban claim islam. but are far from it.

Preventing the education of children at young age

legit growing and openly using opium.

forcing people to cover faces or even in some reigons eyes. consequences if they dont this is haram

making it so women cannot do trade or leave homes without a man. consequences sometimes dire if she does

being malicious towards children for not following their so called (sharia)

beating those that dont agree with them.

this is not the deen of Muhammad (sawa).

Taliban is following British made corrupted Islam which still Britain has more influence in regions of Afghanistan & Pakistan & Indian subcontinent than America which all corrupted version of Islam from Ahmadiyya until recent Taliban version have "Made in Britain" lable which in similar fashion Bahaism & Wahabism  have "Made in Britain" lable by zionist-American flavor . 

• Advanced Member
On 5/18/2024 at 6:36 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam this is result of brainwashing by videogames & documentaries & hollywood movies which have been produced by order of American army for making a fake honourable story for it  ; which since it's establishment it has been most immoral & corrupt army in similar fashion of British army .

with high respect for your "GRANDAD'S BROTHER (SO BASICALLY ONE OF MY GRANDADS)" anyway  he has served for spreading injustice by British army under it's void & fake slogan of fighting with Kaffir commies & Taliban while the veterans only have served more spreading more injustice & corruption by Britain which even  endorsing & praising by David Cameron doesn't justify it .

Taliban is following British made corrupted Islam which still Britain has more influence in regions of Afghanistan & Pakistan & Indian subcontinent than America which all corrupted version of Islam from Ahmadiyya until recent Taliban version have "Made in Britain" lable which in similar fashion Bahaism & Wahabism  have "Made in Britain" lable by zionist-American flavor . 

my grandad fought nazis buddy, i wud know cuz hes yk, my grandad.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Future_Banker_Insha Allah said:

my grandad fought nazis buddy, i wud know cuz hes yk, my grandad.

I hate to break it to you, but the allied forces during ww2 were almost as ruthless as the axis, they also butchered millions of people in the subcontinent for eg. Not saying your grandad was bad, but lets not pretend like the allied forces were good here, they were not saints. 

Edited by Ahmad8888

• Advanced Member
21 hours ago, Ahmad8888 said:

I hate to break it to you, but the allied forces during ww2 were almost as ruthless as the axis, they also butchered millions of people in the subcontinent for eg. Not saying your grandad was bad, but lets not pretend like the allied forces were good here, they were not saints. 

okay but u want the allies, or the nazis? yeh pretty easy choice there mate

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Future_Banker_Insha Allah said:

okay but u want the allies, or the nazis? yeh pretty easy choice there mate

The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend.  It is perfectly possible for two villains to battle each other.  Unfortunately, we live in a world where choosing the lesser evil is usually the only viable option.  

• Veteran Member

:salam:

US troops mass raped French women.

US troops massacred Vietnam villagers.

US troops enjoyed torturing Iraqis at Abu Ghraib - remember those pics of women laughing next to naked blindfolded and electric wired men ?

I am not saying the average soldier is evil. I remember watching Platoon as a kid and feeling sympathy with those low class kids Charlie Sheen describes as sent to the front.

But they sure mostly have that mentality of going overseas and go rocknroll, being able to drive humvees, shoot their Hi-tech, made in USA guns, and protect their lives against ungrateful savages that want to kill them at any cost, despite their offering of free democracy.

And that's understandable, Americans are not like any people on Earth : they do not emigrate, they never look upnto a country and say 'damn, things must be better down there, if only things were like this at home'. Thus when they come to a foreign country, they have that idea that they are on the right path, and who gets in the way just deserves to go. Should the opponent be a bit more agressive than the average, then he is simply demonized or animalized and any action can be justified.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, realizm said:

:salam:

US troops mass raped French women.

US troops massacred Vietnam villagers.

US troops enjoyed torturing Iraqis at Abu Ghraib - remember those pics of women laughing next to naked blindfolded and electric wired men ?

I am not saying the average soldier is evil. I remember watching Platoon as a kid and feeling sympathy with those low class kids Charlie Sheen describes as sent to the front.

But they sure mostly have that mentality of going overseas and go rocknroll, being able to drive humvees, shoot their Hi-tech, made in USA guns, and protect their lives against ungrateful savages that want to kill them at any cost, despite their offering of free democracy.

And that's understandable, Americans are not like any people on Earth : they do not emigrate, they never look upnto a country and say 'damn, things must be better down there, if only things were like this at home'. Thus when they come to a foreign country, they have that idea that they are on the right path, and who gets in the way just deserves to go. Should the opponent be a bit more agressive than the average, then he is simply demonized or animalized and any action can be justified.

"US troops enjoyed torturing Iraqis at Abu Ghraib - remember those pics of women laughing next to naked blindfolded and electric wired men ?"

Defently inspired by the idf, this sounds exactly like the kind of torture the idf instructed their lebanese christian puppets to carry out on people from my village in the khiam camp in southern lebanon decades ago. 

• Veteran Member
8 hours ago, Ahmad8888 said:

"US troops enjoyed torturing Iraqis at Abu Ghraib - remember those pics of women laughing next to naked blindfolded and electric wired men ?"

Defently inspired by the idf, this sounds exactly like the kind of torture the idf instructed their lebanese christian puppets to carry out on people from my village in the khiam camp in southern lebanon decades ago. 

I visited Khiam in 2000 when it was still the way it was when they fled. I can confirm. 

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, realizm said:

I visited Khiam in 2000 when it was still the way it was when they fled. I can confirm. 

I personally know people who went there, a lot of men when they got out had testicular problems and a lot of women were SA'ed there.