In the Name of God بسم الله

Family tree of the Prophets(عليه السلام)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam everyone,

Does anyone happen to know of a good flow chart/family tree of the Prophets(عليه السلام)? 

Im reading Surah Yusuf with the Agha Pooya Yazdi tafseer and sometimes in the margins, it quotes verses of the bible, for instance, the particular ayah im on is 12;19....in  the margins it quotes verse 37;28 from the old testament and says (paraphrasing) that Yusuf(عليه السلام) was picked from the well by some Midianite merchants and sold to Ishmaelites that brought him to Egypt...

Im a bit confused because anyone familiar with the Old Testament and Prophet Ibrahim(عليه السلام) and his sons knows that their is dispute of which son was to be sacrificed. Of course, as muslims, we take what the Quran says, however, when this tafseer is quoting the Old Testament, it makes my mind short circuit.

Anyway, all this to say that if i had access to an as reliable as possible flow chart showing the lineages of the Prophets(عليه السلام), this would help me....plus sometimes in conversation i get confused of who came first, Yaqoub(عليه السلام) Musa(عليه السلام) or etc....If i had a visual, it would help tremendously for me to memorize.

(By the way, I remember going into a Sunni Masjid one time, and they had this giant flowchart framed on the wall, but I remember looking at it and there were some things that just didn't seem right about it so I'm wondering if there's a difference between what they think are the Prophets(عليه السلام) lineages and what we think?)

Thanks kindly!

Guest guest

walaykum salam wrwb.  Prothep Moses came after Yosef (عليه السلام) ...the son of "Israel" . When you how Moses saved the children of Israel (عليه السلام) from Pharoe.. Jacob (عليه السلام) other name is Israel (عليه السلام) and have nothing to do with the fake entity  what they call today.  Our Holy Quran talks about enjil aka Gospel but the modern day Gospel has been changed and not the original one. Hope that helped you a little. By the way you can watch Yosef payambar as true story as a serial on you tube. 

wasalam

• 2 weeks later...