In the Name of God بسم الله

Nikkah muttah

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators

Widowed or divorced (distant) aunts of yours? I've spent the last 40 years complaining to my mother that she knew when I was 18 I really fancied one of her divorced cousins and she could have approached her with a mutah proposal. 

• Forum Administrators
7 hours ago, EiE said:

Did you meant to write this?

What's wrong with it?It bypasses all the issues associated with asking for a father's permission etc., and it's providing a social service.

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

I've spent the last 40 years complaining to my mother that she knew when I was 18 I really fancied one of her divorced cousins and she could have approached her with a mutah proposal. 

Does bhabhi know about this, Haji bhai, or is this a classified piece of information between you and your mother? :hahaha:

• Advanced Member
21 hours ago, SYED HUSSAIN 0512 said:

Salam,excuse me can anyone here please help me to know how to search for someone for temporary marriage in karachi, Pakistan.

I am young and need myself to be saved from harams of society please if anyone can help.

Wassalam, 

I am not based in Pakistan dear brother, and unfortunately cannot help you with the 'search', but you will have success, if any, among the widowed or divorced demographic. 

Unfortunately in South Asia, the average secularized practicing and non practicing Shia seems to have no problem with consuming interest, bribery, alcoholism, nudity and obscenity, gambling, even zina and all the major sins, but mut'ah is off the charts. 

A prospective son in law who has done all of these sins can still pass, but someone who has done mut'ah? Never! Somehow it means too much reputation at stake for both parties. 

Bit tawfeeq. 

• Forum Administrators
5 minutes ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Does bhabhi know about this, Haji bhai, or is this a classified piece of information between you and your mother? :hahaha:

It's a long-running joke in the close family. 

• Advanced Member
Just now, Haji 2003 said:

It's a long-running joke in the close family. 

Family gatherings can be awkward for a lifetime in this case, I presume. 

Another reason why our brave young men might be dissuaded from embarking upon this adventure. 

• Forum Administrators
7 minutes ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

A prospective son in law who has done all of these sins can still pass, but someone who has done mut'ah? Never! Somehow it means too much reputation at stake for both parties. 

I don't think either party needs to declare it.

4 minutes ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Family gatherings can be awkward for a lifetime in this case, I presume.

Not really. Lots of girls get proposals which they may reject and then end up meeting those parties at famly gatherings.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Haji 2003 said:

I don't think either party needs to declare it.

Of course they don't, but the rishta aunties can out- sleuth the CIA/ FBI on this. They seem to have a casebook on every youngster 13 and above in the neighborhood/ circle of acquaintances. Word spreads. You know what the culture in here is like. 

• Advanced Member
Just now, Haji 2003 said:

Not really. Lots of girls get proposals which they may reject and then end up meeting those parties at famly gatherings.

Okay. I was not aware of this. 

• Forum Administrators
1 minute ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Of course they don't, but the rishta aunties can out- sleuth the CIA/ FBI on this. They seem to have a casebook on every youngster 13 and above in the neighborhood/ circle of acquaintances. Word spreads. You know what the culture in here is like. 

Hmm. Ok.

• Advanced Member
On 4/22/2024 at 6:54 AM, Haji 2003 said:

What's wrong with it?It bypasses all the issues associated with asking for a father's permission etc., and it's providing a social service.

I read it as you suggested him to marry his widowed or divorced aunt? I didn't know that was permissible

• Forum Administrators
On 4/24/2024 at 11:10 PM, EiE said:

I read it as you suggested him to marry his widowed or divorced aunt? I didn't know that was permissible

What I said was:

On 4/21/2024 at 9:28 PM, Haji 2003 said:

Widowed or divorced (distant) aunts of yours?

Note the use of the word distant.

Bear in mind in the culture where the OP comes from (and from which I originate) an aunt is not only your parents sibling, but also their first or second or third cousin (with whom marriage would be allowed Islamically). In fact, it's basically any woman substantially older than you.

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Haji 2003 said:

What I said was:

Note the use of the word distant.

Bear in mind in the culture where the OP comes from (and from which I originate) an aunt is not only your parents sibling, but also their first or second or third cousin (with whom marriage would be allowed Islamically). In fact, it's basically any woman substantially older than you.

You can marry your aunt in islam?

• Forum Administrators

I can't see how I can make myself any clearer.

You obviously cannot marry your father's /mother's sister. But you can marry their first cousins and any cousins more distant than that.

• Advanced Member
On 4/21/2024 at 3:42 AM, SYED HUSSAIN 0512 said:

Salam,excuse me can anyone here please help me to know how to search for someone for temporary marriage in karachi, Pakistan.

I am young and need myself to be saved from harams of society please if anyone can help.

WSALAM 

how old are you bruv???????????  Do you think it's mutah you need?  Don't do it buddy, you're just going to go down a path of Michael Douglas. I can imagine it is difficult for you, but it's actually ALL in your mind. You can seriously change your whole disposition by a thought. If one thought can lead you down a path of thinking about hot chicks all day, then one thought can take you down another path of becoming like ..I dunno Bill Gates, but less nerdy. MY BRO LIFE IS TOO SHORT - DON'T CHASE MUTAH. WHEN YOU BECOME THE SUPREME MAN YOU ARE ABLE TO BECOME, THEN MUTAH WILL CHASE YOU AND YOU WILL RUN AWAY FROM IT.