In the Name of God بسم الله

Why Don't You Move to Iran?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I maintain a neutral standpoint however, I am opposed to all oppressors and in support of all good human beings. 

I've observed many in this forum supporting the Iranian Regime, while living in the Western World, paying taxes to their labeled enemies, the 'Shaitans.

you live in the west and pay taxes to enemies of Iranian regime, yet, you say that you are in support of Iranian regime. Isn't this hypocritical? what's your excuse?

Islamically speaking, if you truly believe in the Iranian regime and in support, would your excuse hold if questioned in the hereafter?

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, 123xo said:

Lol calm down, just cause we support Iran politically doesn't mean we don't appreciate where we are. 

Doesnt Iran's government kill their own people sometimes and cause difficulties for them so much ? Why and how do you support such evil government ? They do both good and bad but the bad is as evil as murder 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, EiE said:

questioned in the hereafter

Forget the drama about living in West, rather what is the Islamic law about paying uncontrollable taxes? Can we assume that paying taxes, we have an intention only to pay them for benefit of society?

Another example, what about Universities that majority support Israel, studying in such universities are questioned in the hereafter? What about majority of groceries that buy goods from Israel, buying from that Grocery, do I support also Israel?

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Doesnt Iran's government kill their own people sometimes and cause difficulties for them so much ? Why and how do you support such evil government ? They do both good and bad but the bad is as evil as murder 

Every government kills their people here and there. Every injustice killing from the actions of Government is wrong, and thus it must be condemn, even if it was Iran. But I disagree with movements that tries to cause Fitnah, where I believe Iran is correct to try to shun it, but not by killing.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, EiE said:

I maintain a neutral standpoint however, I am opposed to all oppressors and in support of all good human beings. 

I've observed many in this forum supporting the Iranian Regime, while living in the Western World, paying taxes to their labeled enemies, the 'Shaitans.

you live in the west and pay taxes to enemies of Iranian regime, yet, you say that you are in support of Iranian regime. Isn't this hypocritical? what's your excuse?

Islamically speaking, if you truly believe in the Iranian regime and in support, would your excuse hold if questioned in the hereafter?

Umm, i have parents 82+ years old, one with dementia and the other on hemodialysis with heart failure-im the oldest child, only female and manager of all their stuff..yea, im  just gonna get up and move away:/  

There are some lectures by Dr Sheikh Farrokh Sekaleshfar that tackle what you have brought up.

At the end of the day, he says at the bare minimum, you have to be against the actions in your heart and not live comfortably and feel ok about what is being done, and also you have to compensate by helping the oppressed, financially or otherwise.

Not everyone can just up and move to a different country for many different reasons.

We are supposed to be on the side of truth, and NOTHING-NO RULING GOVT NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE INTENTIONS ARE OTHER THAN THE MAHDIS (عليه السلام) WILL EVER BE COMPLETELY FREE OF CORRUPTION BECAUSE IT IS MADE UP OF HUMANS AND HUMANS ARE FLAWED AND OFTEN TIMES CORRUPTED BEINGS ON THE INDIVIDUAL LEVEL. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE ANYTHING BETTER. Sorry for all caps. Realized too late and too much to retype.

When the zuhur occurs this will all change but til  then, we have to live in this mini jahannam that the Quran says that corruption has appeared on the earth due to what man has committed and that we will taste the effects of this.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Abu Nur said:

Forget the drama about living in West, rather what is the Islamic law about paying uncontrollable taxes? Can we assume that paying taxes, we have an intention only to pay them for benefit of society?

Another example, what about Universities that majority support Israel, studying in such universities are questioned in the hereafter? What about majority of groceries that buy goods from Israel, buying from that Grocery, do I support also Israel?

Good questions.

6 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

I can't speak for everyone here but the main reasons I don't live there is 1) I don't speak the language (Farsi) and 2) I don't have family / connections there that would enable me to start a business or get a good paying job. As a man and in Islam the main responsibility is supporting your family financially and protecting them. You need to go wherever u can do that. I can do that in the US with the help of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). Whether I can do that in Iran I'm not sure about, not the protection part but the money part. 

Which country would you say offers better spiritual protection, Iran or the United States?

Regarding spiritual connection, how would you assess its value when determining where to reside?

also, if your taxes unintentionally fund actions conflicting with Islamic values, might that not justify considering a move to a country like Iran, which you believe upholds stronger Islamic principles?

Even if the financial aspect is not ideal, it's often emphasized by muslims to take the right steps, as Allah will guide and assist us in the steps after. How do you then weigh the factors when choosing a residence, given that both options have their advantages and disadvantages?

• Advanced Member
12 minutes ago, PureExistence1 said:

Umm, i have parents 82+ years old, one with dementia and the other on hemodialysis with heart failure-im the oldest child, only female and manager of all their stuff..yea, im  just gonna get up and move away:/  

my prayers.

12 minutes ago, PureExistence1 said:

We are supposed to be on the side of truth, and NOTHING-NO RULING GOVT NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE INTENTIONS ARE OTHER THAN THE MAHDIS (عليه السلام) WILL EVER BE COMPLETELY FREE OF CORRUPTION BECAUSE IT IS MADE UP OF HUMANS AND HUMANS ARE FLAWED AND OFTEN TIMES CORRUPTED BEINGS ON THE INDIVIDUAL LEVEL. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE ANYTHING BETTER.

Interesting take, and I do agree. It almost opens up for new discussion.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, EiE said:

Good questions.

Which country would you say offers better spiritual protection, Iran or the United States?

Regarding spiritual connection, how would you assess its value when determining where to reside?

also, if your taxes unintentionally fund actions conflicting with Islamic values, might that not justify considering a move to a country like Iran, which you believe upholds stronger Islamic principles?

Even if the financial aspect is not ideal, it's often emphasized by muslims to take the right steps, as Allah will guide and assist us in the steps after. How do you then weigh the factors when choosing a residence, given that both options have their advantages and disadvantages?

If you're talking about protection from haram, obviously Iran. I think most people are aware of those differences. 

I'll be honest one of the main things that I liked when I was at Hajj (I've never been to Iran but this equally applies to Iran) is that you feel much more at peace and less stressed / distracted when you are walking around and doing your daily chores / tasks. That is because Hijab (at least the outward hijab) is practiced there, and this is because it is enforced by the govt. I am not saying I agree 100% with how they enforce hijab there, but overall it's a good thing for the society. In the US, as well as most Western / European countries, you might see a women in hijab or niqab and standing right next to her is a women who is practically naked. You feel a general sense of being disturbed and agitated, as a man. I didn't realize this until I went a place where actually you won't see this. 

The other spiritual connection is that in Iran you can go, at any time, and visit the Shrine of Imam Reda((عليه السلام)) and the other Shrines. This is a big spiritual benefit. Also, the fact that your money is not going to kill your fellow muslims on a massive scale. The tax thing is the main thing that has pushed me in the past and continues to push me to leave the US, tbh, because I know this affects me spiritually and my connection with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) even though I don't give this money voluntarily and I am forced to do it or go to jail. 

Anyone who is a practicing Shia Muslim I think would like to live in Iran. At the same time, I don't think we can dismiss practical realities like job / employement, language and cultural barriers, etc. Iranian culture is very different than Arab culture. I am used to (at this point in my life) Arab culture and I speak Arabic, enough to get by, so I don't think I would have a problem living in an Arab country, except for maybe the job / employment part. Iran is a different story. The culture is much different vs Arabic culture and I have known several friends from here who went to Iran, to Qum, to study. One stayed and the rest ended up coming back and all of them had a hard time getting used to the culture. So this is not something that can be dismissed completely. Yes, I know that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is Al Razak, etc, but I also know that we are told to 'trust in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and tie our camel', in the words of the famous hadith which I'm sure we all know. 

If the opportunity presented itself to me and I felt secure about my financial situation, I would definitely consider it. Salam. 

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, EiE said:

Why are you parroting mindless xenophobic tropes? The phrase "go back to your country" was popularized by the Klu Klux Klan and originally targeted other European immigrants like Irish Catholics, Italians, Poles and Jews...the true owners of this hemisphere are the indigenous populations of the Caribbean, Central America and South America...the Europeans are thieves, rapists, liars, murderers and plunderers 

• Advanced Member

@EiE, remove your military bases from Islamic lands and abolish your settler-colonial project in Western Asia...leave, depart...go home yankee...nobody wants you here/there...labeling nations in the Global South as ____ hole countries is a Donald Trump / white nationalist talking point...you have no moral authority whatsoever...you're absolutely bankrupt when it come to the subject of morality...only indigenous natives have the moral high ground to voice such a request / call...those who should be “sent back” are the white racists of the Western Hemisphere....remember your origins bigot!!!

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

except for maybe the job / employment part.

You are American, brother, so there will always be a high chance you can find an job and your salary can start from $3000k+ monthly here in any gulf countries.

If you really speak Arabic and understand arab culture, then I’m 100% sure you will prefer to live here than in USA. Anyway I don’t have the right to talk about this but you won’t lose anything if you try atleast. 

• Moderators
15 hours ago, PureExistence1 said:

We are supposed to be on the side of truth, and NOTHING-NO RULING GOVT NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE INTENTIONS ARE OTHER THAN THE MAHDIS (عليه السلام) WILL EVER BE COMPLETELY FREE OF CORRUPTION BECAUSE IT IS MADE UP OF HUMANS AND HUMANS ARE FLAWED AND OFTEN TIMES CORRUPTED BEINGS ON THE INDIVIDUAL LEVEL. ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE ANYTHING BETTER. Sorry for all caps. Realized too late and too much to retype.

That is true. At least what we can do is to protest, boycott and never vote for these governments and if there is any good chance to move, then move out from the country to better one to save your family from potential apostasy.

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Diaz said:

You are American, brother, so there will always be a high chance you can find an job and your salary can start from $3000k+ monthly here in any gulf countries.

If you really speak Arabic and understand arab culture, then I’m 100% sure you will prefer to live here than in USA. Anyway I don’t have the right to talk about this but you won’t lose anything if you try atleast. 

Salam brother. Like I said, I'm open to the idea. I'm not 100% fluent in Arabic. I get lost sometimes in the conversation, especially with accents. I am better at reading Arabic than I am at speaking. 

I think if I lived in an Arabic country I would be fluent in a year or so given my background. In Dearborn a lot of people speak Arabish (lol). A combination of Arabic and English. 

I have applied for jobs in the past in Dubai, etc. From what they posted online, the salaries that I saw were about the same as the US so that is good but I also heard from different sources that once they find out you're Shia you will lose your visa / immigration status. 

I am used to having some religious freedom so it would be difficult for me to do taqiyya if there is no good reason for it, ie I can continue to live / work in the US and earn a living and support my family and wouldn't have to risk my immigration status being cancelled at any .moment and upending my life. So it is a dilemma. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, Abu Hadi said:

they find out you're Shia you will lose your visa / immigration status. 

This is actually not true, they hate Shia but they can’t cancel your visa because of that. However in uae, you can’t pray in public or mourn for ahlul bayt (عليه السلام) etc. I don’t recommend uae as a good reason to immigrate, it’s full of corruption, no difference between Dubai and Europe. 

Oman, Qatar and Kuwait are very shia friendly countries and better than uae. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, EiE said:

Why do you call iran "iranian regime"? This is straight up colonialist mentality, I don't see any of you calling america "the biden regime" for being complicit in a child killing genocide. Iran is a country just like most countries but you have been conditioned to hate it due to living in the west. I urge to not be a colonised liberal and actually call countries normally, you really don't have to use these terms. 

As for your question I have virtually no family in iran, I don't speak farsi, I was born in canada so there isn't much that I can do, and most importantly I am lebanese and western world is supplying the same country that occupied my village, tortured people from my village, destroyed my country, and ruined the region and turned it into a living hellscape. Another thing to not is, iran is very strict on immigration, as I said I have virtually no family there except for one as foreign student.

As for taxes, I am forced to pay taxes. 

The entire question is just bad in of itself, it's a variation of the conservative "if you mexicans don't like america why don't you go back to your own country?" It's a variation of what phiraun(la) told musa(عليه السلام), litterally, when he told him that he fed him, he raised him, he gave him everything and essentially "how dare" Musa(عليه السلام) make demands. It's frankly a statement out of ignorance, you can hate the ruling elites without hating the country, you don't necessarily have to move out to a country that is better.

Heck why didn't early muslim travellers didn't just stay in arabia? Why did they go live in india, china, indonesia? They're pagan areas, so aren't they hypocritical when they say they don't like paganism? 

Edited by Ahmad8888

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diaz said:

This is actually not true, they hate Shia but they can’t cancel your visa because of that. However in uae, you can’t pray in public or mourn for ahlul bayt (عليه السلام) etc. I don’t recommend uae as a good reason to immigrate, it’s full of corruption, no difference between Dubai and Europe. 

Oman, Qatar and Kuwait are very shia friendly countries and better than uae. 

Yes. I have heard that about Oman and Qatar. I heard different things about Kuwait. 

The problem is that the only countries in the MEA that are recruiting people from the US and are willing to sponsor them for immigration / employment and where the salaries are somewhat equivalent are UAE / Dubai and Saudi ( for specific skill sets). I regularly search job boards for international jobs and have seen very few for Qatar or Oman and the ones I have seen are connected to the engineering side of the oil industry and this is not my specialty. 

• Advanced Member

Honestly, this is something that I've recently been thinking about. Migration as a whole. Has anyone seen Shaykh Farrokh Sekaleshfar's lecture on migration and living under taghut systems?

I'm from the West and I'm hearing a lot of talk about migrating to an Islamic country. It's both Shia and Sunni, brothers and sisters. This is definitely something that is on a lot of Muslims' minds in the West. In my own example, I know I'm stopping myself due to being so comfortable over here, which is a blessing in itself. Not to mention, moving to most Islamic countries now just brings on a lot of challenges.

• Advanced Member
On 4/20/2024 at 5:31 PM, EiE said:

lol you really think Iran will suddenly accept every crusty like you that wants to live there. Iran has very strict immigration rules

22 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

f* off

Uhm sir how can you say the f word. Think of the kids on here.

Hameedeehh come wave your warning wand pleasee

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hamz786 said:

Honestly, this is something that I've recently been thinking about. Migration as a whole. Has anyone seen Shaykh Farrokh Sekaleshfar's lecture on migration and living under taghut systems?

I'm from the West and I'm hearing a lot of talk about migrating to an Islamic country. It's both Shia and Sunni, brothers and sisters. This is definitely something that is on a lot of Muslims' minds in the West. In my own example, I know I'm stopping myself due to being so comfortable over here, which is a blessing in itself. Not to mention, moving to most Islamic countries now just brings on a lot of challenges.

It was after hearing that lecture that I started thinking about it. 

Tbh, my life is pretty good compared to many brothers and sisters. I'm not rich or famous and I'm not that young anymore but Alhamduillah. I have a nice house, car, good income (middle class for the US), I dont worry about my safety or the safety of my family on a daily basis. We have enough food,cloths, and my children are healthy and in school and they have enough food, cloths, etc. Also I have a momina for a wife who I love and she is one of the best things in my life. Also I live in a place where I can practice Islam and follow teachings of Ahl Al Bayt(عليه السلام) publicly without fear. I consider myself to be very fortunate, Alhamduillah and every day when I make Dua I wish the same for all the mumineen and muminat everywhere and especially for those in Palestine / Gaza. 

If I went to another country I would probably lose one or more of those things so there has to be a good reason for me to go. My main motivation is the spiritual benefits and also getting away from the fasad and corruption in society which is getting worse including the money that is stolen from me and other mumin and handed to the Zionists. 

I am still open and still looking 

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, hawdini said:

lol you really think Iran will suddenly accept every crusty like you that wants to live there. Iran has very strict immigration rules

Hameedeehh come wave your warning wand pleasee

That is the appropriate word when it comes to that lae3n  Taghut supporter of genocide. I didn't use the whole word btw otherwise out auto editor would have removed it.

If I saw him I would say it to his face then probably spend some time in prison but it would be worth it. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2024 at 9:49 PM, Abu Hadi said:

I'll be honest one of the main things that I liked when I was at Hajj (I've never been to Iran but this equally applies to Iran) is that you feel much more at peace and less stressed / distracted when you are walking around and doing your daily chores / tasks. That is because Hijab (at least the outward hijab) is practiced there, and this is because it is enforced by the govt. I am not saying I agree 100% with how they enforce hijab there, but overall it's a good thing for the society. In the US, as well as most Western / European countries, you might see a women in hijab or niqab and standing right next to her is a women who is practically naked. You feel a general sense of being disturbed and agitated, as a man. I didn't realize this until I went a place where actually you won't see this. 

I havn't been to iran myself but had very close people I know who has been there. In certain places / cities, there's basically no hijab, the woman go around with tattoos and belly t-shirt. This was told to me from trusted source.

5 hours ago, hawdini said:

huh? where, who.

4 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

That is the appropriate word when it comes to that lae3n  Taghut supporter of genocide. I didn't use the whole word btw otherwise out auto editor would have removed it.

If I saw him I would say it to his face then probably spend some time in prison but it would be worth it.

Who we talking about?

Edited by EiE

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, EiE said:

havn't been to iran myself but had very close people I know who has been there. In certain places / cities, there's basically no hijab, the woman go around with tattoos and belly t-shirt. This was told to me from trusted source.

Yes this is true, if you go to Tehran for example you can feel like you are in Beirut, where some women are covering while others are clothed yet naked. However in Mashhad, almost everyone over there is religious and you can rarely find women not covering her head. 

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Quran313 said:

I got your mentality once I saw that you used the word "regime" to refer to Iran.

I think you and I interpret the word "regime" differently. I simply used it to refer to the ruling authority, whereas you may have interpreted it as having a negative connotation.

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Diaz said:

However in Mashhad, almost everyone over there is religious and you can rarely find women not covering her head. 

Yes, I heard this too.

• Advanced Member
On 4/21/2024 at 6:34 PM, Abu Hadi said:

It was after hearing that lecture that I started thinking about it. 

Tbh, my life is pretty good compared to many brothers and sisters. I'm not rich or famous and I'm not that young anymore but Alhamduillah. I have a nice house, car, good income (middle class for the US), I dont worry about my safety or the safety of my family on a daily basis. We have enough food,cloths, and my children are healthy and in school and they have enough food, cloths, etc. Also I have a momina for a wife who I love and she is one of the best things in my life. Also I live in a place where I can practice Islam and follow teachings of Ahl Al Bayt(عليه السلام) publicly without fear. I consider myself to be very fortunate, Alhamduillah and every day when I make Dua I wish the same for all the mumineen and muminat everywhere and especially for those in Palestine / Gaza. 

If I went to another country I would probably lose one or more of those things so there has to be a good reason for me to go. My main motivation is the spiritual benefits and also getting away from the fasad and corruption in society which is getting worse including the money that is stolen from me and other mumin and handed to the Zionists. 

I am still open and still looking 

I agree. Living in Western countries nowadays isn't even a case of "You live in a Christian/Jewish land" etc., it's more that we live in societies that are running towards Godlessness. After reading more about Migration, it's definitely on my mind more than ever before. I know me and my family would have to make sacrifices, but surely, making sacrifices in the way of Islam and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is encouraged.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, hamz786 said:

I agree. Living in Western countries nowadays isn't even a case of "You live in a Christian/Jewish land" etc., it's more that we live in societies that are running towards Godlessness. After reading more about Migration, it's definitely on my mind more than ever before. I know me and my family would have to make sacrifices, but surely, making sacrifices in the way of Islam and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is encouraged.

Even non Muslims are moving from western countries because they are so tired from their nonsense. 

• Moderators
On 4/21/2024 at 6:57 PM, hamz786 said:

He is correct. I realize that majority of Muslims are accustoming to the environment and the environment is taghut, so what he says make sense for the masses.

• Development Team
Posted (edited)

@EiE @root @Abu Nur @Diaz

It is an interesting question for me because there is no Middle Eastern or South Asian country that is really worth moving to and raising a family there as a revert. I don't trust or like any of their governments,  the anti-Shia violence and I don't think I would be able to get the medical help I need as a disabled person. No 3000+ dollar salary could convince me to move either.  I don't know, alhamdullilah, at least I don't live in Israel.

3 hours ago, Diaz said:

Even non Muslims are moving from western countries because they are so tired from their nonsense. 

And go where? Which countries, because everywhere you go, there is always some kind of nonsense and Taghut.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar