In the Name of God بسم الله

Adding religion

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Salam Alaykum moderators

Can you please add' Rastafari' ,'Sufi'  and perhaps 'Church of Satan' to the religion options to make it more inclusive.

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA

• Advanced Member

Wouldn't it be easier to keep it at "Other" category since the options are actually endless?  

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Azadeh307 said:

J it be easier to keep it at "Other" category since the options are actually endless?  

Salaam !

Perhaps it would be easier for those who program and code this forum, but as  somebody who identifies as religion fluid, I feel as though it alienates those of us who have no representation. There are many  paths that lead to God as Mevlana Rumi said, just like there are many pronouns

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

religion fluid

I don't have a strong opinion about this, however I have noticed some people have a strong opinion on or against perrrenialism, the idea that all religions teach the same universal truth and are equal. I was reading a book by Syed Hussain, called the Three Sages, and when I brought it up what I thought were excellent points made by him to some friends irl they discredited everything he said on the basis that he is a perrenialist. Anyways, I also identify as religion fluid but in the sense that sometimes I am a better Muslim than other times, or more religious at times that other times, not in the sense that I fluidly transition between religions. However, we are part of a Mormon homeschool co-op and they try to convert us so maybe next time they try to convert me I will invite them to ShiaChat, where they might prefer an option to check Mormon. 

Edited by Azadeh307

• Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, Azadeh307 said:

I don't have a strong opinion about this, however I have noticed some people have a strong opinion on or against perrrenialism, the idea that all religions teach the same universal truth and are equal. I was reading a book by Syed Hussain, called the Three Sages, and when I brought it up what I thought were excellent points made by him to some friends irl they discredited everything he said on the basis that he is a perrenialist. Anyways, I also identify as religion fluid but in the sense that sometimes I am a better Muslim than other times, or more religious at times that other times, not in the sense that I fluidly transition between religions. However, we are part of a Mormon homeschool co-op and they try to convert us so maybe next time they try to convert me I will invite them to ShiaChat, where they might prefer an option to check Mormon. 

SSS also identifies as gender fluid what you gotta say about that?

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, 123xo said:

SSS also identifies as gender fluid what you gotta say about that?

SSS is so super special; these sort of gender identity issues seem to be their own belief system. 

Edited by Azadeh307

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

Salam Alaykum moderators

Can you please add' Rastafari' ,'Sufi'  and perhaps 'Church of Satan' to the religion options to make it more inclusive.

salaam 

Rastafari just comes under the abrahmic faith section, they are monotheists and belive in for example jesus, moses. 

sufi comes under islam

as for church of satan id rather that aint addded

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 7:39 PM, Future_Banker_Insha Allah said:

salaam 

Rastafari just comes under the abrahmic faith section, they are monotheists and belive in for example jesus, moses. 

sufi comes under islam

as for church of satan id rather that aint addded

alaykum salam mi breddda. Firss an farmost yuh never skool Rasta man about Rastafari ya simmie. Secondly a ya seh Sufi a come under Izlam, a wha mi say dat Sunni come undah izlam aallso? Yuh fi ave different category fi dat?????????????  Selassie I , I & I  access frontal lobe cortex since Yuh a  picknee.... Ya Simmie........A Jah Bless my Yout, Neva skool badmun abowt any ting respek mi bredda.

giphy.gif

On 4/18/2024 at 4:53 PM, Azadeh307 said:

don't have a strong opinion about this, however I have noticed some people have a strong opinion on or against perrrenialism, the idea that all religions teach the same universal truth and are equal. I was reading a book by Syed Hussain, called the Three Sages, and when I brought it up what I thought were excellent points made by him to some friends irl they discredited everything he said on the basis that he is a perrenialist. Anyways, I also identify as religion fluid but in the sense that sometimes I am a better Muslim than other times, or more religious at times that other times, not in the sense that I fluidly transition between religions. However, we are part of a Mormon homeschool co-op and they try to convert us so maybe next time they try to convert me I will invite them to ShiaChat, where they might prefer an option to check Mormon.

Salam alaykum! I do have a lot of respect for Seyyed Hossein!  I'm afraid discrediting valid points based on a person's stance or way of life is discrediting in itself! Imam Ali (a) has said: 'Do not look at who has spoken, look at what he has said' All respect due to your friends though. (Tell them all I said salam!!) 

But Seyyed Hossein is a highly skilled, articulate and educated scholar, taught by The Highest of masterful intellects we've had in the last 100 years.

I like your definition of religion fluid. I've never really thought about it that way until now. I'm going to trial run this tomorrow inshaAllah, although I do feel yesterday I was operating on a really high frequency and by the end of the day I remembered that Hadith of Imam Ali (a) where he says (paraphrasing) the days come in 2's. One day is for you and the other is against you. Well yesterday was definitely for me so inevitably I told myself I'm gonna have a real .... day the following day and I kind of was right, but for some strange reason I believe I was a better muslim on the day that was against me. This is really fascinating, you've actually made me think. Nobody has ever done that on this forum ever, I promise. Well done. Are you some kind of psychologist??????

EDIT: I JUST CHECKED YOUR FAVOURITE SUBJECTS - PSYCHOLOGY HOW DID I MISS THAT 

we are part of a Mormon homeschool co-op and they try to convert us so maybe next time they try to convert me I will invite them to ShiaChat, where they might prefer an option to check Mormon.

Please don't invite them on here and let them see what kind of crazy frustrated people Shias are, but definitely ask in the group chat if any of the parents are called 'Norman'      lol Norman the Mormon

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA

• Advanced Member
21 hours ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

I'm afraid discrediting valid points based on a person's stance or way of life is discrediting in itself! Imam Ali (a) has said: 'Do not look at who has spoken, look at what he has said' All respect due to your friends though. (Tell them all I said salam!!) 

Wa Alaikum Salaam, Nice Imam Ali quote, I will let my friends if I can. They might freak out in which case I will respond if they bring the topic up. They are Sunni Sufi who don't like this Iran talk unless the Iranian is Al Ghazali or Abdul Qadir Jilani.:) I did get inspired when I read some of Seyyed Hossein's stuff. 

Thanks for your words on my religious fluidity on the vertical axis theory. When people are fluid on the horizontal axis they change religions but when they are fluid on the vertical axis they modulate the intensity of their religiousity. The same can apply to gender... If a person is fluid on the vertical axis they can become more or less masculine... or more of less feminine depending on if they go up or down on the vertical axis  but if a person is fluid on the horizontal axis they may identify as male one moment and female the next moment. So my fluidity is on the vertical axis. 

Yes, I am a psychologist and I studied in San Francisco so I know the lingo. 

• Advanced Member
On 4/22/2024 at 2:08 AM, Azadeh307 said:

Wa Alaikum Salaam, Nice Imam Ali quote, I will let my friends if I can. They might freak out in which case I will respond if they bring the topic up. They are Sunni Sufi who don't like this Iran talk unless the Iranian is Al Ghazali or Abdul Qadir Jilani.:) I did get inspired when I read some of Seyyed Hossein's stuff. 

Salam! 

Ah, kindly also remind them that all tariqas lead back to Imam Ali ! They may try to say no their one goes back to Abu Bakr, but through his son who was adopted by Imam Ali ...trump card ! imam Al Ghazalis brother was part of a Tariqa that eventually became shia !  Anyways I thought Sufis are supposed to be the more open minded ones ! Send my regards to them nonetheless.

On 4/22/2024 at 2:08 AM, Azadeh307 said:

Thanks for your words on my religious fluidity on the vertical axis theory. When people are fluid on the horizontal axis they change religions but when they are fluid on the vertical axis they modulate the intensity of their religiousity. The same can apply to gender... If a person is fluid on the vertical axis they can become more or less masculine... or more of less feminine depending on if they go up or down on the vertical axis  but if a person is fluid on the horizontal axis they may identify as male one moment and female the next moment. So my fluidity is on the vertical axis. 

Yes, I am a psychologist and I studied in San Francisco so I know the lingo. 

I'm trying to stay on the vertical axis since reading this as it makes sense yes. 

When it comes to gender, I think the vertical axis theory is carved in stone as I don't feel like being a woman ...neither has the thought ever crossed (no pun intended) my mind. I think I'll be okay in that department. You should do tiktok psychology clips, I think you would do very well and make loads of money. I'm sure you don't care about money , but if people make millions of dollars from preaching I think you're actually giving something of benefit to all humanity. If you need tips to set it up I'd be happy to help.  

• Advanced Member
On 4/21/2024 at 4:05 AM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

alaykum salam mi breddda. Firss an farmost yuh never skool Rasta man about Rastafari ya simmie. Secondly a ya seh Sufi a come under Izlam, a wha mi say dat Sunni come undah izlam aallso? Yuh fi ave different category fi dat?????????????  Selassie I , I & I  access frontal lobe cortex since Yuh a  picknee.... Ya Simmie........A Jah Bless my Yout, Neva skool badmun abowt any ting respek mi bredda.

rahtid, ya say me a picknee? me a 16, dunno if me a picknee but meh na care. Holy Jah Bless ya to mi bredda meh nah skool rasta meh tell rasta he a tru badmaaaan yuh zimmie? meh cant say sufi nah islam they islam tru and tru

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Future_Banker_Insha Allah said:

rahtid, ya say me a picknee? me a 16, dunno if me a picknee but meh na care. Holy Jah Bless ya to mi bredda meh nah skool rasta meh tell rasta he a tru badmaaaan yuh zimmie? meh cant say sufi nah islam they islam tru and tru

a wha mi tell dem, bun out di saytun I&I  mi come fi sekol yout ya simmie? Respek mi bredda - Picknee until grey come inna di beard Zeen ? ???? 

A Jah bless ya route mi bredda, infiltrate di banking system, bun out di rockafella RoTT-enChild  bumbbbbaClart in a di name of Allah ! Mi send gud vibez inna di direction of yasellf. Bless up ya Mudda an Farda mi bredda, 

Rassssstafari Ali ALI ALI ALI ALI ALI ALI ALI ALI ALI ALI HAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 4/25/2024 at 10:34 PM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

Ah, kindly also remind them that all tariqas lead back to Imam Ali ! They may try to say no their one goes back to Abu Bakr, but through his son who was adopted by Imam Ali ...trump card ! imam Al Ghazalis brother was part of a Tariqa that eventually became shia !  Anyways I thought Sufis are supposed to be the more open minded ones ! Send my regards to them nonetheless.

Thanks for bringing this up. The Sunni sufis I know say they love the Ahl al-Bayt, but say they are careful not to let the love of the Ahl al-Bayt lead them away from Sunnism. They are nice people; just have to be polite and avoid sectarian conversations. Common sense kind of things. I didn't know that about Al Ghazali's brother. Which tariqa was this?

On 4/25/2024 at 10:34 PM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

When it comes to gender, I think the vertical axis theory is carved in stone as I don't feel like being a woman ...neither has the thought ever crossed (no pun intended) my mind. I think I'll be okay in that department. You should do tiktok psychology clips, I think you would do very well and make loads of money. I'm sure you don't care about money , but if people make millions of dollars from preaching I think you're actually giving something of benefit to all humanity. If you need tips to set it up I'd be happy to help.  

I made an effort to carve out a small piece of the internet with social media in an overarching attempt to build my business. I can't say I have been especially successful. I have about 3,300 subscribers on Youtube but need 1200 more hours in 5 months before I can monetize it. Just a few hundred on Instagram and Facebook and less than 10 on TikTok and Twitter. Main barriers are that to get traction with the search algorithms one has to post 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I don't have the time to be this consistent week after week. Secondly, it's hard for me to stay on topic. Sometimes I get wildly distracted from the *cough* brand...  and post videos of farm animals or curiosities that inspire me from my wanderings. This being said, I would welcome your tips. :)

Edited by Azadeh307

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Azadeh307 said:

Thanks for bringing this up. The Sunni sufis I know say they love the Ahl al-Bayt, but say they are careful not to let the love of the Ahl al-Bayt lead them away from Sunnism. They are nice people; just have to be polite and avoid sectarian conversations. Common sense kind of things. I didn't know that about Al Ghazali's brother. Which tariqa was this?

Oh yeah definitely avoid sectarian conversations just to keep it cordial, but I find it ironic that they'll allow their excessive love for the sahaba to even exaggerate some of their status' ! anywho it doesn't matter really. The tariqa is The Nimatullahi . They have about 3 different branches now, one of them has completely gone off the rails, most probably because it was hijacked by savak in the 50's and their new leader completely removed the Shia Islamic aspect out of it, transforming it into some Western wine of love Deepak chopra-esque Sufism. 

12 hours ago, Azadeh307 said:

I made an effort to carve out a small piece of the internet with social media in an overarching attempt to build my business. I can't say I have been especially successful. I have about 3,300 subscribers on Youtube but need 1200 more hours in 5 months before I can monetize it. Just a few hundred on Instagram and Facebook and less than 10 on TikTok and Twitter. Main barriers are that to get traction with the search algorithms one has to post 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I don't have the time to be this consistent week after week. Secondly, it's hard for me to stay on topic. Sometimes I get wildly distracted from the *cough* brand...  and post videos of farm animals or curiosities that inspire me from my wanderings. This being said, I would welcome your tips. :)

wow, so 3000+ subscribers is actually really amazing! Was that without running ads?  They're really making it tougher nowadays.  I'd say it's definitely possible to get 1200 hours more watch time, but you should think about running ads. It will pay off in the end especially if you'll be able to monetise and gather a following. Run some ads constantly, set out a weekly or monthly budget for them, monitor how many subscribers you're getting every other day and think about switching up the audiences to broaden the audience and age groups. It's really just trial and error to see what category hits. Definitely do YouTube shorts. Get your most popular video and split it up into maybe 30 second clips at poignant moments or something and link it back to the original video so people come and view it. 

Send your videos out to your phonebook list- Ask friends and family all to give your videos a watch. Even if they only watch 10 minutes of a 30 minute video, it will add up. I just know that FB /insta - YouTube really love people who pay them and show loyalty. I'm not a Facebook user, but all of my friends who own businesses use it and have made some really good connections through FB! Good luck inshaAllah you will be really successful. 

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA