In the Name of God بسم الله

Constant Nonstopping Doubts

Rate this topic

• Basic Members

Ive been dealing with alot of wasswas regarding Islam recently where I will be doubting, for example, proclaimed Quran contridications, and once these were proven to be false, move on to another after another after another kind of doubt, whether its got to do with morals, ethics, etc., and I persist in dealing with and looking for proof that these accusations are wrong because I thought as muslims it was important to be knowledgeable and be comfortable in my faith, but obviously this isnt working as Ive been wasting alot of time going through all of these conversities as I see it as important not to blindly follow which results in a negitive impact in family life time for my self to relax and even time for myself to focus on my studies. My question is: how do I deal with these doubts, and how do I become comfortable in my faith without constantly worrying that I may find a proclaiming contridication? I have a current doubt right now that involves the authenticity of hadiths. Some hadiths I read seem to have contridications in relation to reality, like this one from Abu Ja’far, peace be upon him, that he said: “There is no creature who has in him a strain of leprosy but that it is dissolved by [eating] turnips (al-saljam).” I understand that even if hadith is sahih it could be seen as skew if it contridcits the quran but what about reality is it possible that these hadiths are distoted due to the transfer of information? Thank you to anyone that answers! 

• Advanced Member

Seems as though you may be anxious.

I don't think the remedy is in finding proofs.

Are you watching any kinds of violent aggressive movies or series or naughty films ...if so immediately stop watching them or if you're listening to certain types of music then stop those aswell for at least a month. When you realise those thoughts do not define who you are then you will be able to manage/ignore them.   Are you studying ? It'll pass but you need to stop dwelling on these doubts. What you're doing is telling yourself that you are a bad person for having a thought and immediately trying to find a proof to counteract the negative thought...you're basically getting inside your own head. 

Read a book called 'The Power of now'

• Advanced Member
On 4/9/2024 at 12:51 PM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

What you're doing is telling yourself that you are a bad person for having a thought and immediately trying to find a proof to counteract the negative thought...you're basically getting inside your own head. 

This is exactly what I do as well. Very good advice. 

On 4/9/2024 at 12:51 PM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

Read a book called 'The Power of now'

This book is also great. But I have to ask, do you feel that this type of mindset leads to the “inner-god”, anti-organised religion mindset? I went through a period of reading thinkers like Eckhart Tolle, Deepak Chopra, or Thich Nhat Hanh and it kind of digressed into an existential crisis. Eventually the thought that I become one with the trees after dying was terrifying, so I took a peek at Judaism..

Anyways, many of these teachers will flat out tell you that religious belief is a product of insecurity and that you must “experience the truth”. To this day I’m looking for someone to tell me what they are actually experiencing..god within, we are all one, I am you, I don’t exist…it’s the Buddhists philosophy, right?

• Advanced Member
On 4/9/2024 at 9:25 AM, Sajjadthe12ver said:

Ive been dealing with alot of wasswas regarding Islam recently where I will be doubting, for example, proclaimed Quran contridications, and once these were proven to be false, move on to another after another after another kind of doubt, whether its got to do with morals, ethics, etc., and I persist in dealing with and looking for proof that these accusations are wrong because I thought as muslims it was important to be knowledgeable and be comfortable in my faith, but obviously this isnt working as Ive been wasting alot of time going through all of these conversities as I see it as important not to blindly follow which results in a negitive impact in family life time for my self to relax and even time for myself to focus on my studies. My question is: how do I deal with these doubts, and how do I become comfortable in my faith without constantly worrying that I may find a proclaiming contridication? I have a current doubt right now that involves the authenticity of hadiths. Some hadiths I read seem to have contridications in relation to reality, like this one from Abu Ja’far, peace be upon him, that he said: “There is no creature who has in him a strain of leprosy but that it is dissolved by [eating] turnips (al-saljam).” I understand that even if hadith is sahih it could be seen as skew if it contridcits the quran but what about reality is it possible that these hadiths are distoted due to the transfer of information? Thank you to anyone that answers! 

“There is no creature who has in him a strain of leprosy but that it is dissolved by [eating] turnips (al-saljam).” I understand that even if hadith is sahih it could be seen as skew if it contridcits the quran but what about reality is it possible that these hadiths are distoted due to the transfer of information? Thank you to anyone that answers! 

Salam this is a recommendation for  keeping you healthy which it's  benefits  has been proven scientifically also it's a Halal vegetable so therfore using it has no contradiction with holy Quran because using beneficial Halal food & vegetable & etc  is in line with order of keeping yourself healthy in holy Quran but you have found a hadith that using Haram likewise wine or pork or making Haram into Halal or Halal into Haram in contradiction of holy Quran so therefore you must reject such Hadiths. 

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

“There is no creature who has in him a strain of leprosy but that it is dissolved by [eating] turnips (al-saljam).” I understand that even if hadith is sahih it could be seen as skew if it contridcits the quran but what about reality is it possible that these hadiths are distoted due to the transfer of information? Thank you to anyone that answers! 

Salam this is a recommendation for  keeping you healthy which it's  benefits  has been proven scientifically also it's a Halal vegetable so therfore using it has no contradiction with holy Quran because using beneficial Halal food & vegetable & etc  is in line with order of keeping yourself healthy in holy Quran but you have found a hadith that using Haram likewise wine or pork or making Haram into Halal or Halal into Haram in contradiction of holy Quran so therefore you must reject such Hadiths. 

what he is trying to say is that the hadith is just showing you how healthy turnip is. You dont have to take it literally. My parents were forcefeeding me turnip when i was sick a month ago lol.

9 hours ago, Mightyservant said:

Anyways, many of these teachers will flat out tell you that religious belief is a product of insecurity and that you must “experience the truth”. To this day I’m looking for someone to tell me what they are actually experiencing..god within, we are all one, I am you, I don’t exist…it’s the Buddhists philosophy, right?

Broski khalil jaffer explains it really well from an islamic perspective

On 4/9/2024 at 7:55 AM, Sajjadthe12ver said:

and I persist in dealing with and looking for proof that these accusations are wrong because I thought as muslims it was important to be knowledgeable and be comfortable in my faith

What helped me in my journey is making my foundation strong. So why do i believe in God. If i have an answer to that. I go to will God then have a religion, if that is yes you go to what is that religion then. If you have clear answers to these questions you wont sweat the mall stuff like those hadiths.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Mightyservant said:

This is exactly what I do as well. Very good advice. 

This book is also great. But I have to ask, do you feel that this type of mindset leads to the “inner-god”, anti-organised religion mindset? I went through a period of reading thinkers like Eckhart Tolle, Deepak Chopra, or Thich Nhat Hanh and it kind of digressed into an existential crisis. Eventually the thought that I become one with the trees after dying was terrifying, so I took a peek at Judaism..

Salaam Mighty Servant 

We come in Peace in deh name of Jah Almighty Allah and burn out any deviant entity sent from the deepest ocean by the one who sits on his throne and plots against the children of Ishmail. A wha mi seh...Rasssstafarai ALI ALI ALI HAQ The manifestor of the ajaaib.

I send you good vibrations and energy from my lineage to yours.

I have always been anti organised one way of thinking  so I don't think that lead me to think any differently, on the contrary it reminded me that I am the only one in control of my peace. If we rely on external devices to conquer ourselves, we will always be chasing ecstasy whether it be in the form of drugs, extreme sports like bungee jumping or impulsive and risky behaviour. I think for me personally it just reaffirmed

'Indeed, ˹it is˺ We ˹Who˺ created humankind and ˹fully˺ know what their souls whisper to them, and We are closer to them than ˹their˺ jugular vein.'

Also (paraphrasing) Imam Ali's words about not needing to look outside of yourself, contained within you are all the remedies to the illnesses moreso the spiritual illnesses.

The negative sides to delving too deeply into these philosophies without referencing the Quran is that yes it can lead you into an existential crisis. I find overthinking creates mini universes inside and you can end up getting lost and attaching yourself to people like Eckhart tolle, Alan Watts, Thich Nhat Hang....(Never Deepak chopra loooool) That chopra dude always just seemed like an opportunist to me but each to their own. Take them to be experienced teachers or modern day good doers. Somebody is going to jump in and say 'BUT WE HAVE THE IMAMS AND THE PROPHET'

Take the good from them and leave what doesn't benefit you with these new guys.

If you stop thinking too much and say you perform night vigils salat Al layl and do your zikr everyday , naturally you will realign yourself remembering that you are on a journey to understand yourself ie Imam Ali says 'He who knows Himself, knows His Lord' 

I suggest you look into the 7 levels of the nafs and sincerely have a conversation with yourself to decipher at what stage you think you may be just to give you an idea what work needs to be done.

Buddhism has many good things to offer, but I could never be a vegan. Judaism is practically Islam so lol you're not far off ..we have so many things in common ..circumcision and kosher. But when I get carried away with these things I remind myself to come back to la ilaha ilallah.

I don't know if I even addressed your question, I hope so?

To this day I’m looking for someone to tell me what they are actually experiencing..god within, we are all one, I am you, I don’t exist…it’s the Buddhists philosophy, right?

There's a Christian dude called Neville Goddard who is popular amongst the 'I manifest my reality' community who said that the Bible is just a commentary on the human psyche, if you apply that same idea to the Quran you'll start seeing surahs in the Quran unfolding or playing out in your own life. I think that's the 'magic' of God ..that He already told us what's going to happen and what is happening & how to tackle your individual situations yet we still have our own grand ideas and beliefs about ourselves that are probably not true because they are coming from the ANA and finally with reflection you do realise and see it's all one when you break down the false idols (LABELS) we put on ourselves and people from other religions .

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA

• Advanced Member

Salam. Thanks for the reminder. 

There’s moments that everything is clear. That the world isn’t so raw but rather encapsulated. The feeling that I was never lost and never could be, because one can never go outside of the realms of God. It eventually falls and so I cling to the remembrance. 

It’s frustrating to know your cure and not how to apply it. 

And thanks for the advice, definitely helpful. And by the way, I said Deepak Chopra for the context. :itsok:

• Advanced Member
On 4/14/2024 at 1:45 AM, Mightyservant said:

Salam. Thanks for the reminder. 

There’s moments that everything is clear. That the world isn’t so raw but rather encapsulated. The feeling that I was never lost and never could be, because one can never go outside of the realms of God. It eventually falls and so I cling to the remembrance. 

And thanks for the advice, definitely helpful. And by the way, I said Deepak Chopra for the context. :itsok:

alaykum salaaam! Thank You brother

you're welcome. I pray you are successful God Willing. As you say 'One can never go outside of the realms of God'  - yes no matter how hard a person tries it always comes back to One. 

On 4/14/2024 at 1:45 AM, Mightyservant said:

Have to kill the noise and all the external sensory suggestions that have been installed into your system. One example is people projecting. When you have an idea, someone may say 'That's not possible..that won't work...that's a silly idea...' That is what causes the internal imbalance. Learn to not allow others to effect your mood as difficult as it is and then..... you can master anything *Shaolin Monk voice* 

1 hour ago, Shian e Ali said:

People seem to love that book, but I found it incredibly boring to read. Not sure why. 

I think it's best to stick to books that are more suited for you......Harry Potter and the Taqiyyah of Secrets & such.  NO I AM JOKING

I read that book first in 2011 and didn't understand what on earth it was about, then again in 2021 and it made sense. I guess you should be at a crossroads in your life or something, not saying that's where I was, but it would probably speak to you more.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

I think it's best to stick to books that are more suited for you......Harry Potter and the Taqiyyah of Secrets & such.  NO I AM JOKING

I read that book first in 2011 and didn't understand what on earth it was about, then again in 2021 and it made sense. I guess you should be at a crossroads in your life or something, not saying that's where I was, but it would probably speak to you more.

Lol, I only read non fiction unlike my siblings, who only read fiction. 

I do still have the book. I'll give it a read and see if it's any good. I approached the book as if it's science based, but all the spiritual stuff in it put me off. 

• Advanced Member
On 4/13/2024 at 7:06 AM, hawdini said:

Broski khalil jaffer

Man, whatever happened to this brother? I thought he was GREAT...He did a few series and lectures then straight up disappeared..cant find a hint of him anywhere...such a shame... He was a special asset..

• Advanced Member
21 hours ago, PureExistence1 said:

Man, whatever happened to this brother? I thought he was GREAT...He did a few series and lectures then straight up disappeared..cant find a hint of him anywhere...such a shame... He was a special asset..

Hhahaah sis he still gives lectures here and there. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) continuously bless him for his efforts. 

I think this is his most recent lecture, not sure

• Advanced Member
13 minutes ago, hawdini said:

Hhahaah sis he still gives lectures here and there. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) continuously bless him for his efforts. 

I think this is his most recent lecture, not sure

Thanks so much sis, sometimes you tube makes finding things difficult-.-Maybe thats why ive only seen older stuff of his. Thanks again!

• Advanced Member
On 4/15/2024 at 3:53 AM, Shian e Ali said:

Lol, I only read non fiction unlike my siblings, who only read fiction. 

I do still have the book. I'll give it a read and see if it's any good. I approached the book as if it's science based, but all the spiritual stuff in it put me off. 

What's wrong with the spiritual stuff in it? Are you one of those people who only take from Shias? That's ironic because a lot of shia lecturers and speakers have plagiarised full lectures from Sunnis, priests, Andrew Tate...not forgetting to mention they 'borrow' material from Buddhism and use the content in their Majalis. Half of Confucius' sayings have been attributed to Imam Ali and the other half because they're so obscure will be attributed to a lesser known/referenced Imam like the 10th lol because it's easier to attribute things to somebody who lets be honest gets no attention from Shias ......anyways I've just done a whole assumption about you and not even let you respond as to why the spiritual stuff put you off. To be fair, it also puts me off the moment somebody starts talking spirituality and I know it's the drugs & trauma talking. Anyways.....eagerly awaiting your response 

Btw  Khalil Jafer is cool, he gets my cosign. I like him

• Moderators
On 4/9/2024 at 1:55 AM, Sajjadthe12ver said:

I think you should attempt to resolve persistent doubts, but there is a difference between persistent doubts and the other kinds of doubts which are the waswas of Shaitan. You have to understand that anything you love and believe in can be used as a weapon against you by Shaitan. Love for your family, your country, your religion, etc. You have to learn what is waswas and what is a real doubt that you must deal with. There are a few ways to know the difference. 

Like others have said, you main weapon against Shaitan is to do the wajib and avoid the haram. When you do this, it is like you are wearing a suit of armor that the Shaitan cannot penetrate fully. He can strike you, but the strike will not lead you to further haram or further doubts. It is like someone hitting you with a sword when you have armor on vs no armor.  A sword strike with armor may knock you down but it won't kill you and you can get back up and continue fighting. A sword strike without armor can easily kill you. 

So keep your armor on, that is the first thing. The second thing is that you should ignore fleeting doubts, i.e. doubts which come and go and are short lived. There are many hadith that talk about this. Doubts that occur about Salat after you have finished Salat (did I pray or not, if it is after the time you normally pray assume you prayed and move on), doubt about Wudu after you have finished making wudu, etc. This is the waswas of Shaitan. Also, random thoughts that occur during Salat or at other times which after that go away or go away after you recite Ayat Kursi, Fatiha, etc. The doubts that occur as a reaction to some video clip you saw or some social media post or something that one of your family members says are almost always waswas of Shaitan. 

The doubts that you should pay attention to are the persistent doubts. These are doubts which keep coming to your mind for weeks, months, or years. You stop thinking about them and some time passes, then the same doubt comes up again and this happens several times. If this happens then you should attempt to clear up those doubts as they might affect your Iman if they go unresolved. Again, these are easy to distinguish from the waswas because the persist for weeks, months, or years, and keep coming up in your mind. The fact that these doubts keep occuring is a sign from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) that you should clear up these doubts and if you are on the right path (i.e. Islam) clearing up these doubts will only make your Iman stronger. Salam. 

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

What's wrong with the spiritual stuff in it? Are you one of those people who only take from Shias? That's ironic because a lot of shia lecturers and speakers have plagiarised full lectures from Sunnis, priests, Andrew Tate...not forgetting to mention they 'borrow' material from Buddhism and use the content in their Majalis. Half of Confucius' sayings have been attributed to Imam Ali and the other half because they're so obscure will be attributed to a lesser known/referenced Imam like the 10th lol because it's easier to attribute things to somebody who lets be honest gets no attention from Shias ......anyways I've just done a whole assumption about you and not even let you respond as to why the spiritual stuff put you off. To be fair, it also puts me off the moment somebody starts talking spirituality and I know it's the drugs & trauma talking. Anyways.....eagerly awaiting your response 

Btw  Khalil Jafer is cool, he gets my cosign. I like him

I don't have an issue with spiritual stuff, but when I'm reading books, I prefer 'self development' to be science focused, something practical I can do. 

And I'm not biased against or in favor of any one group. If I was, I doubt I'd have ever embraced Shi'a beliefs, lol! 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Shian e Ali said:

I don't have an issue with spiritual stuff, but when I'm reading books, I prefer 'self development' to be science focused, something practical I can do. 

And I'm not biased against or in favor of any one group. If I was, I doubt I'd have ever embraced Shi'a beliefs, lol! 

Oh well then you should read 'The path of the warrior mystic' by Angel Millar. He's a freemason. Great book for guys 

How comes you became shia?

Not being funny but the Sunni iftars I've been to had way nicer food in general...I admire the sacrifice though but I could never give that up if I was in that 

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA

• Advanced Member

My advice is to observe the doubts and the thoughts and feelings associated with them without getting stuck on or reacting to these things. Just notice them and move on. Strive to align your behavior with your values, which are heart centered, rather than your thoughts and emotions. Values are more stable than thoughts and emotions which are changing more frequently. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Shian e Ali said:

That's ironic because a lot of shia lecturers and speakers have plagiarised full lectures from Sunnis, priests, Andrew Tate...not forgetting to mention they 'borrow' material from Buddhism and use the content in their Majalis. Half of Confucius' sayings have been attributed to Imam Ali and the other half because they're so obscure will be attributed to a lesser known/referenced Imam like the 10th lol because it's easier to attribute things to somebody who lets be honest gets no attention from Shias

Salam to @SO SOLID SHIA this is totally nonsense from you from a too ill minded person which doesn't has enough knowledge which whole it's world is based on Hollywood Movies in hi DVDS which totally in opposition to your nonsense  people likewise Sunni speakers have doen plagiarism from Shia sources & books which fool people likewise Andrew Tate who is likewise you have done stealing from fraud  Sunni speakers who are stealing any content from Shia sources likewise Nahjul Balaghah & etc which referring to a right or rational quote from any non muslim likewise a Buddhist has no problem which Shia speakers didn't need to attribute to any Imam because words of infallible Imams & their quotes are well preserved in shia sources which lunatic & naive people likewise you can't understand it so  therefore you are accusing them to plagiarism & other nonsenses based on your clear stupidity & total  ignorance . 

Nahjul Balagha "Quotes" of Imam Ali (عليه السلام)

38. Imam Ali once said to his son Imam Hassan, My son, learn four things from me and through them you will learn four more. If you keep them in mind your actions will not bring any harm to you: The greatest wealth is Wisdom; the greatest poverty is stupidity; the worst unsociable is that of vanity and self-glorification; and the best nobility of descent exhibits itself in politeness and in refinement of manner. The next four things, my son, are: “Do not make friendship with a fool because when he will try to do you good he will do you harm; do not make a miser your friend because he will run away from you at the time of your dire need; do not be friendly with a vicious and wicked person because he will sell you and your friendship at the cheapest price and do not make friend of a liar because like a mirage he will make you visualize very near the things which lie at a great distance and will make you see at the great distance the things which are near to you”.

https://www.balaghah.net/old/nahj-htm/eng/id/article/61/01.htm

https://www.al-islam.org/articles/various-sayings-imam-ali-ibn-abi-talib

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

Oh well then you should read 'The path of the warrior mystic' by Angel Millar. He's a freemason. Great book for guys 

How comes you became shia?

Not being funny but the Sunni iftars I've been to had way nicer food in general...I admire the sacrifice though but I could never give that up if I was in that 

I'll think about that book, thank you for sharing. 

As for how come I became a Shi'a, I read a lot of Sunni text, and decided to dive into Shi'a text for the sake of understanding their beliefs. Combining the two, from an open mind, tells you everything you need to know about the true history of Islam. 

As for food, the amount of food distributed by Shi'a far outweighs the amount Sunnis go for. The quality of food is also better amongst Shi'a. :eat: So I'm not sure what you're talking about. 

3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam to @SO SOLID SHIA this is totally nonsense from you from a too ill minded person which doesn't has enough knowledge which whole it's world is based on Hollywood Movies in hi DVDS which totally in opposition to your nonsense  people likewise Sunni speakers have doen plagiarism from Shia sources & books which fool people likewise Andrew Tate who is likewise you have done stealing from fraud  Sunni speakers who are stealing any content from Shia sources likewise Nahjul Balaghah & etc which referring to a right or rational quote from any non muslim likewise a Buddhist has no problem which Shia speakers didn't need to attribute to any Imam because words of infallible Imams & their quotes are well preserved in shia sources which lunatic & naive people likewise you can't understand it so  therefore you are accusing them to plagiarism & other nonsenses based on your clear stupidity & total  ignorance . 

38. Imam Ali once said to his son Imam Hassan, My son, learn four things from me and through them you will learn four more. If you keep them in mind your actions will not bring any harm to you: The greatest wealth is Wisdom; the greatest poverty is stupidity; the worst unsociable is that of vanity and self-glorification; and the best nobility of descent exhibits itself in politeness and in refinement of manner. The next four things, my son, are: “Do not make friendship with a fool because when he will try to do you good he will do you harm; do not make a miser your friend because he will run away from you at the time of your dire need; do not be friendly with a vicious and wicked person because he will sell you and your friendship at the cheapest price and do not make friend of a liar because like a mirage he will make you visualize very near the things which lie at a great distance and will make you see at the great distance the things which are near to you”.

Bro, how did you quote me but use the text So Solid Shia wrote? :shock:

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Wa alaykum salam to you my best friend! I pray your Ramadan was a beneficial one!

Brother maybe you misunderstood me, I should have clarified that English material has been plagiarised by shia western (and we all know western = Dajjal right?) speakers, I'm not sure about Farsi, Arabic or Urdu but I doubt it. I know majority of the Muslim world has 'borrowed' artistic inspiration from Iran and quite frankly in my opinion, the Iranians were top of the league when it came to poetry, ilm, Irfan, music, architecture.  I apologise and blame myself for not being as apparent as I needed to be whilst making such a bold statement. I do wish you'd  stop calling me stupid, Ill minded and as you have previously done, insulted my mother (twice) as it's very hurtful.  I pray me and you can resolve our differences  Inshallah with love and duas

(For those wondering what's going on here, I've been taking courses in working with neuro divergent people and have learned to use different approaches and methods when trying to de-escalate hostile situations with those who are on the high end of the spectrum)