In the Name of God بسم الله

whooping cough

• Advanced Member
14 minutes ago, Shian e Ali said:

Yes, I did not lose my mind with it. 

Take a medicine, or go see a doctor. Or if you're like me, wait it out. 

Ohh maybe you had a mild version or youre stronger than me? Ive been choking every other hour at night for the past two months, havent slept properly. Did you also experience that?

I did go to the doctor but she said to indeed wait it out but im tired =(

• Advanced Member

Oh that sucks! Inshallah you get well soon ya rabb 

Have you tried IV antibiotics ? They work better and much quicker than oral medications especially in getting rid of bacterial infections i'd also suggest getting the pertussis vaccine when you recover to avoid catching it again.

Goodluck

xo 

• Advanced Member
19 hours ago, 123xo said:

Oh that sucks! Inshallah you get well soon ya rabb 

Have you tried IV antibiotics ? They work better and much quicker than oral medications especially in getting rid of bacterial infections i'd also suggest getting the pertussis vaccine when you recover to avoid catching it again.

Goodluck

xo 

thanx habibti :cryhappy:

Noo i live in a country where they only give antibiotics if youre almost dying. They told me to come back if i turn blue lol. Oh yeah i hope having it now gives me immunity for the coming years, but definetely getting the vaccine if im ever pregnant. Didnt know pertussis would kick my ass like this.

• Advanced Member
23 hours ago, hawdini said:

thanx habibti :cryhappy:

Noo i live in a country where they only give antibiotics if youre almost dying. They told me to come back if i turn blue lol. Oh yeah i hope having it now gives me immunity for the coming years, but definetely getting the vaccine if im ever pregnant. Didnt know pertussis would kick my ass like this.

Sounds like Canada. 

2 months is a really long time, I've never had it for that long. Maybe go for consultation, if possible? 

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Shian e Ali said:

Sounds like Canada. 

I think most western countries are like this, if i was in Iran they wouldve given me a shot and i wouldve been better already.

2 months is a really long time, I've never had it for that long.

Yeah i think most ppl get a mild version but alhamdulilah i feel much better today:party:

• Advanced Member

Home remedies for whooping cough

Treatment of whooping cough
Ginger
Ginger is an excellent inhibitor that can help treat whooping cough. This substance also has antibacterial properties that will destroy the bacteria that cause this problem. In addition, ginger has immune-boosting properties. Therefore, it becomes easier to fight infection by consuming it.

Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger juice and the same amount of raw honey.
Use this combination for a few days.

another method:
Mix equal amounts of ginger juice, lemon juice and onion juice.
Take 1 tablespoon of this mixture 2 to 3 times a day.

another method:
Boil 2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in 2 cups of water until the amount of water is reduced by half.
Then add 1 teaspoon of ginger juice and a little raw honey to it.
Drink this solution once a day for several days.

Turmeric
Turmeric contains antibacterial and antiviral properties that help treat whooping cough. This spice has a therapeutic effect on coughs, especially dry coughs, which is one of the main symptoms of whooping cough. Its immune system strengthening properties also help to treat body infections.

Mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Eat it twice a day.
Drink milk mixed with ½ teaspoon of turmeric twice a day to relieve symptoms.
You can use turmeric supplements after consulting your doctor.

Garlic
As a natural antibiotic, garlic is useful for fighting cough. This substance has antibacterial and antiviral properties that are effective in clearing the infection.

Consume 1 teaspoon of fresh garlic juice 2 or 3 times a day for a week.

another method:
Add 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic to a pot of boiling water.
Cover your head with a towel and inhale the steam.
This medicine is not suitable for children.

another method:
Mix 1 pound of minced garlic, 2 cups of distilled water, and 2 cups of apple cider vinegar.
Transfer the mixture to a glass container and wait at least 4 hours.
Then strain the mixture and add a little honey to it.
Use a tablespoon of this syrup a day.

Honey
Another very effective treatment for whooping cough is raw honey. Due to its strong antiseptic, antibacterial and healing properties, honey can kill the bacteria that cause infection.

Add 1 tablespoon of raw honey to a glass of warm water and drink it slowly. Repeat this several times a day. This drink has a soothing effect on sore throat.
Before going to sleep, mix 1 teaspoon of raw honey with ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder and eat.
Mix 1 teaspoon of honey and the same amount of fresh radish juice. Add a little salt and consume it 3 times a day.

Oregano
Oregano is another effective herbal remedy for treating respiratory infections such as whooping cough. This plant has anti-spasmodic, anti-bacterial and anti-sputum properties that help clear mucus from the lungs and reduce dry cough.

Add 5 or 6 drops of pure oregano oil to a bowl of boiling water.
Cover your head with a towel and let its steam enter your body.
Use this treatment 2 to 3 times a day for a few days to reduce the cough.

another method:
Mix 10 to 15 drops of oregano oil in 2 tablespoons of olive oil or jojoba oil.
Before going to bed, apply this mixture on your chest to help you relax while you sleep.
You can use the tea of this plant 2 or 3 times a day for a calming effect.

Lemon
Lemon can also help treat whooping cough naturally. Citric acid in lemon reduces the concentration of mucus and its strong antibacterial and antiviral properties are effective in fighting infection. In addition, vitamin C in lemon strengthens the immune system.

Add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice and a little honey to a glass of warm water.
Drink it several times a day and several times a day.

licorice
Another effective herbal remedy for whooping cough is licorice. It acts as a decongestant, which means it covers the throat with a temporary thin layer to protect its sensitive tissues during a cough. In addition, this substance treats the mucus of the lungs and bronchial tubes.

Pour 1 teaspoon of licorice root powder in 2 cups of water and boil for 5 minutes.
Turn off the heat for 10 minutes and let it infuse with the door closed.
Use this drink twice a day for several days.

another method:
Mix a teaspoon of licorice powder with a little honey.
Take it 3 times a day.

Almonds
Both almond and its oil are useful for treating whooping cough. Almonds are rich in phytochemicals as well as antioxidants that can help reduce symptoms. This substance also has the properties of strengthening the immune system.

Mix 5 drops of almond oil with 10 drops of white onion juice and the same amount of ginger juice.
Eat this mixture 3 times a day for at least a few weeks.

another method:
Soak 5 to 7 almonds in water overnight.
Then peel them and make them into a paste.
Add 1 teaspoon of butter to the dough.
Eat it 3 times a day until your symptoms subside.

another method:
Mix one tablespoon of almond oil and 4 or 5 drops of essential oils such as eucalyptus, rosemary or camphor.
Wait a few minutes and then apply this oil on the chest.

Chamomile
Regular consumption of herbal tea such as chamomile can also prevent whooping cough symptoms. This plant has soothing, anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties that help reduce symptoms and help the body heal faster.

Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of chamomile flowers to a cup of warm water.
Cover the cup for 5 minutes.
Strain the solution and add lemon juice and honey according to your taste.
Drink this tea three or four times a day.

Saffron
In Ayurvedic medicine, saffron is highly recommended for the treatment of whooping cough and dry cough. This precious spice has antibacterial properties that help in killing the bacteria that are responsible for the cough. In addition, it helps to expel phlegm from the body so that you can breathe more easily.

Boil 6 saffron strings in ½ cup of hot water for 5 minutes.
Drink this solution several times a day for at least a week.

https://www.payamesalamat.com/درمان-سیاه-سرفه/

• Advanced Member

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Honey
Another very effective treatment for whooping cough is raw honey. Due to its strong antiseptic, antibacterial and healing properties, honey can kill the bacteria that cause infection

What i also took, i dont know if it worked but i took it anyway

High dosis vit c 2000mg

Horse milk

Drorsera complex

Mullein tea

Pineapple juice

• Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, hawdini said:

Drorsera complex

Mullein tea

Salam I don't know about these two because these two neither common nor available in Iran .

10 minutes ago, hawdini said:

High dosis vit c 2000mg

Horse milk

Pineapple juice

These three are goo for boosting immune system anyway Horse & donkey milk are not common & because their meat is Makruh so then their milk are not common in Iran which even Turkmen of Iran don't consume it ; but on the other hand camel milk in traditional medicine is highly recommended for boosting immune system .

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam I don't know about these two because these two neither common nor available in Iran .

i didnt really ask for your opinion about it but thanx persian brotha

4 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

These three are goo for boosting immune system anyway Horse & donkey milk are not common & because their meat is Makruh so then their milk

Is horse milk makruh? can anyone tell me?

And i didnt recommend them for the immunesystem nooby, i recommended them to reduce cough

• Basic Members
1 hour ago, hawdini said:

s horse milk makruh? can anyone tell me?

And i didnt recommend them for the immunesystem nooby, i recommended them to reduce cough

Horse milk is an animal product, so it is not suitable for people following a macrobiotic diet.

• Advanced Member
On 4/8/2024 at 12:09 PM, hawdini said:

Haha girl it is nasty :cry: but i was desperateee

Why is it nasty though? I was assuming it'll be the same as cow's. How does it taste?

On 4/8/2024 at 1:29 PM, hawdini said:

lool, listen i never talked about no donkey milk, this persian guy suddenly brought that up

Phew! Glad you weren't that desperate. 

• Advanced Member

Why is it nasty though? I was assuming it'll be the same as cow's. How does it taste?

Idk it kinda tastes like what i think my mothers milk wouldve tasted like haha

Phew! Glad you weren't that desperate. 

HAHAHA leave me alone

• Advanced Member
On 4/8/2024 at 2:05 PM, SelBil said:

Horse milk is an animal product, so it is not suitable for people following a macrobiotic diet.

Sorry didnt see your message. Whats a macrobiotic diet? Is that a diet you follow?

• 3 weeks later...