Jump to content
In the Name of God بسم الله

Dying soon

Rate this topic


Guest Hawra

Recommended Posts

Guest Hawra

Guys i was wondering, if you would get a life expectancy of a few years or less, would you live your life differently in any way?

Also do you guys have a funeral insurance and do you know where you want to be buried?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, notme said:

I am living my life as well as I am able, except I might make a point to go for Hajj and Ziyarat sooner rather than later if I knew that my time is likely to be limited.  Mostly, though, I am happy to spend time with my kids and try to make the world a better place, and if I were to die today I would be sad to not be here for my family and friends, but overall life has been good.

My sister's husband was given two months to live, five years ago. Doctors are not always right, or maybe prayers work, or most likely both.

If it's your first Hajj and you have the means, go for it sooner rather than later.

Don't even worry about Ziyarat at this point , it has no bearing on your salvation compared to the first Wajib Hajj.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
15 hours ago, In Gods Name said:

If it's your first Hajj and you have the means, go for it sooner rather than later.

Yes. Hajj is only wajib if you CAN go, and taking out debt at interest is haram.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 3/23/2024 at 9:30 PM, Guest Hawra said:

Guys i was wondering, if you would get a life expectancy of a few years or less, would you live your life differently in any way?

Also do you guys have a funeral insurance and do you know where you want to be buried?

Well I got all the religious trips out the way when I was a youth and only then realised it should have been the other way around

It's only the oldies that go on hajj and ziyarah! So I guess I'll be visiting all the Party islands and going on cruises inshaAllah. As long as I don't oppress anyone or usurp orphans property, I think I'll be good ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 3/23/2024 at 10:46 PM, notme said:

My sister's husband was given two months to live, five years ago. Doctors are not always right, or maybe prayers work, or most likely both.

They give the median survival for that stage of disease, its an estimate based on patient data. So its not an definite answer. Ive seen people cure their disease without western medicine so everything is possible and prayers definitely work.

 

10 hours ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

Well I got all the religious trips out the way when I was a youth and only then realised it should have been the other way around

Why should it be the other way around?

 

10 hours ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

As long as I don't oppress anyone or usurp orphans property, I think I'll be good ! 

i wish i was this delusional lol

10 hours ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

So I guess I'll be visiting all the Party islands and going on cruises inshaAllah.

Will the clubs even let you in with you looking like a grandpa hahaha

 

If i had few years left to live id probably start my camping hobby since i then dont have to worry about getting killed in the woods.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
5 hours ago, hawdini said:

If i had few years left to live id probably start my camping hobby since i then dont have to worry about getting killed in the woods.

If it's fear of getting killed in the woods that prevents you, camp in a park or national forest, where you can be alone, but also others will be nearby.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2024 at 1:28 PM, hawdini said:

Why should it be the other way around?

Because getting older you realise now when you were a youth you'd see all these oldies and middle aged people doing ziarah crying their eyes out begging for forgiveness, but because you're young you're not really understanding why you're not able to reach that overwhelming emotion and level of remorse....it's because you've not really done much wild stuff as those people have. And it's kind of like you missed out ...they got to do mad stuff and now they suddenly realised they need to turn their life around AND are 'guaranteed' forgiveness and a clean slate ...having best of both worlds !

 

On 4/1/2024 at 1:28 PM, hawdini said:

Will the clubs even let you in with you looking like a grandpa hahaha

Good skincare routine. 100% double distilled rosewater on the face everyday

 

On 4/1/2024 at 1:28 PM, hawdini said:

i wish i was this delusional lol

It's really quite simple. Don't usurp orphans property, don't oppress people ...that's your ticket to paradise 

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
28 minutes ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

are 'guaranteed' forgiveness and a clean slate

I dont think it works like that?

 

29 minutes ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

t's really quite simple. Don't usurp orphans property, don't oppress people ...that's your ticket to paradise 

Oke haji So Solid, if i end up in hell i know who im going after

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, hawdini said:

I dont think it works like that?

Isn't that what we're told ? If we go on ziyarah and hajj all our sins get wiped away. We are practically new borns? Similar to when you become baptised . Also when we shed tears for Imam Hussain our sins are being wiped away too! Do you believe this sistah!? How does it work ?? Because I mean ...if that's not true I'm pretty screwed then.

 

20 minutes ago, hawdini said:

Oke haji So Solid, if i end up in hell i know who im going after

I forgot to mention as well as not usurping orphans property, don't oppress others...... and make sure you do taqleed (DEFINITELY SEE YOU IN HEAVEN NOW)

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
43 minutes ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

Isn't that what we're told ? If we go on ziyarah and hajj all our sins get wiped away. We are practically new borns? Similar to when you become baptised . Also when we shed tears for Imam Hussain our sins are being wiped away too! Do you believe this sistah!? How does it work ?? Because I mean

I dont think its in the act but more the intentions behind it? Like if youre really remorsefull and want to change your ways, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the most mercifull so might accept your acts idk. But im proud of you for going young old man, at least you can die a bit more comfortable, if u die right now.

 

47 minutes ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

if that's not true I'm pretty screwed then.

why you acting like you were out in the streets, we all know you dont leave your house like the rest of us

 

50 minutes ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

and make sure you do taqleed

how you forget this??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
17 minutes ago, hawdini said:

I dont think its in the act but more the intentions behind it? Like if youre really remorsefull and want to change your ways, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the most mercifull so might accept your acts idk. But im proud of you for going young old man, at least you can die a bit more comfortable, if u die right now

Yeah definitely. I agree with you. This is the second post in a different thread where I've agreed with you. Allahu Akbar this is real! 

I got all my religious trips out the way in my 20s. I still want to do another hajj and this time less mechanical. I didn't think I needed a Mawlana in my ear telling me where to stand, where to sit, how to eat how to think back then I think it ruined the whole experience for me plus I think I've mentioned it before here but I was with a freshie who clung on to me when he saw the Ka'ba for the first time and comforting him crying because he was so emotional ruined my 'first time ka'bah viewing ' for me because he kept shouting in my ear 'I VAnt to touch it!!!!!! I vant to touch it!!!!!' anyways yeah I plan on going again soon...I seen on the YouTube videos they've got some more restaurants and fast food chains now. I wanna also stay in one of those hotels where you can see the ka'bah from your window and spend lots of money inshaAllah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 minutes ago, hawdini said:

why you acting like you were out in the streets, we all know you dont leave your house like the rest of us

I mean I wasn't OUT out  in the streets....but I wasn't really going to the mosque when I said I was astaghfirullah!! 

 

25 minutes ago, hawdini said:

how you forget this??

Exactly ! My mother reminded me that none of my actions would be accepted without taqleed so I just asked her then because Allah is just if he won't accept my good deeds then he wouldn't take into account my bad deeds (if I didn't do taqleed)

It's a win win situation 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Basic Members

It's a heavy topic, but definitely worth pondering. If faced with a shorter life expectancy, I'd focus more on quality time with loved ones, pursuing passions, and making meaningful memories. As for funeral insurance, it's a smart move to ensure your affairs are in order. It's also good to have a clear idea of burial preferences, whether it's a specific location or method. Planning ahead can ease the burden on loved ones during a difficult time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 4/2/2024 at 8:05 PM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

Allahu Akbar this is real! 

?

 

On 4/2/2024 at 8:05 PM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

first time ka'bah viewing ' for me because he kept shouting in my ear 'I VAnt to touch it!!!!!! I vant to touch it!!!!!'

aaww thats actually really cute bless him :cryhappy:

 

On 4/2/2024 at 8:05 PM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

I seen on the YouTube videos they've got some more restaurants and fast food chains now.

lol it looks more boomin than japan

On 4/2/2024 at 8:05 PM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

I wanna also stay in one of those hotels where you can see the ka'bah from your window and spend lots of money inshaAllah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha inshallah you get to go next time with your wife!!!

 

On 4/2/2024 at 8:05 PM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

Exactly ! My mother reminded me that none of my actions would be accepted without taqleed so I just asked her then because Allah is just if he won't accept my good deeds then he wouldn't take into account my bad deeds (if I didn't do taqleed)

hahaha :einstein:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, hawdini said:

?

200w.webp?cid=82a1493bj4co99ux73unhp8mv3

 

7 hours ago, hawdini said:

aaww thats actually really cute bless him :cryhappy:

He was stuck to my back like a baby monkey.

 

7 hours ago, hawdini said:

lol it looks more boomin than japan

Yeah Insharrah it continues to glow

 

7 hours ago, hawdini said:

haha inshallah you get to go next time with your wife!!!

Thanks, but I wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly good spiritual retreat....although am looking for a reformed influencer so will probably find her taking selfies with the ka'bah for a paid promotion with Maybelline.

Anywho sorry to divert from the morbid topic, but a reality. No I don't have funeral insurance....I did buy a kaffan from najaf because it had a drawing of a shrine on it. Not sure if that's supposed to help me, but no harm.  I'm not sure where I want to be buried..I guess any cemetery that's not next to a train station or near an airport.

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2024 at 5:17 AM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

did buy a kaffan from najaf because it had a drawing of a shrine on it. Not sure if that's supposed to help me, but no harm. 

Do they not give u a kaffan when youre getting buried? How does it work?

11 hours ago, realizm said:

The burying location is one of those hard questions. 

Getting your wife and kids to visit you often, or being buried in a land that suits you best...

Agree, if I die right now, i think id like to be buried in Iraq because my parents also want to get buried there

 

On 4/4/2024 at 5:17 AM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

I guess any cemetery that's not next to a train station or near an airport.

Why:confused:

Edited by hawdini
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 10:51 AM, hawdini said:

Do they not give u a kaffan when youre getting buried? How does it work?

Depends on which package you sign up to. I think most people buy their own kaffan when they're alive as opposed to buying it after they die just to give them a reminder that one day...they're going to die. Generally a kaffan is provided for if the deceased doesn't have one. 

I used to keep mine on a desk in front of my bed so it was the first thing I saw when I woke up (haha the irony if I didn't wake up) but it used to freak me out at night time so now it's in my cupboard 

 

On 4/8/2024 at 10:51 AM, hawdini said:

Why:confused:

200w.webp?cid=6c09b9526fo98i2tos109mvq3i

.....noise pollution

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 4/1/2024 at 1:41 PM, notme said:

If it's fear of getting killed in the woods that prevents you, camp in a park or national forest, where you can be alone, but also others will be nearby.  

If I wasn't so introverted. I'd have tried this for sure. 

On 4/2/2024 at 12:47 PM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

Isn't that what we're told ? If we go on ziyarah and hajj all our sins get wiped away. We are practically new borns? Similar to when you become baptised . Also when we shed tears for Imam Hussain our sins are being wiped away too! Do you believe this sistah!? How does it work ?? 

Yes, but they need to be accepted for that to happen. Not everyone's prayers, Ziyarah and Hajj are accepted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 4/9/2024 at 6:25 PM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

I used to keep mine on a desk in front of my bed

You might as well have slept with it haha. Is it weird if i want a pink kaffan?

 

On 4/9/2024 at 6:25 PM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

noise pollution

RIP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
4 hours ago, hawdini said:

You might as well have slept with it haha. Is it weird if i want a pink kaffan?

 that did cross my mind especially when I was going through an irfani phase which lasted a couple of days but then I thought it was cringe. Always good to sleep on it (before you sleep in it)

I don't think it's weird if you want a pink one. You should get a pride flag one

4 hours ago, Shian e Ali said:

Rest In Pollution?

I feel like my brilliant joke was wasted here on Shias 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Shian e Ali said:

Yes.

why:cry: i think it would reflect the life i had lived and my aesthetic

 

1 hour ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

You should get a pride flag one

i will and ill wrap your goofy ass in it

 

2 hours ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

I feel like my brilliant joke was wasted here on Shias

what you talkin about that was genius shian e ali:clap:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, hawdini said:

i will and ill wrap your goofy ass in it

I was about to say non mahrams can't participate in janazah rituals, but I just checked with my marja and it's okay. Ellen 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Shian e Ali said:

If I wasn't so introverted. I'd have tried this for sure. 

what do you mean? Im super introverted too. Youve never been camping?

 

1 hour ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

I was about to say non mahrams can't participate in janazah rituals, but I just checked with my marja and it's okay.

Good i want to personally get rid of the goofy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
20 hours ago, hawdini said:

why:cry: i think it would reflect the life i had lived and my aesthetic

Lol! Then go for it. I wonder if the angels will comment on how it suits you :woot:

 

20 hours ago, hawdini said:

what you talkin about that was genius shian e ali:clap:

:sunglasses:

19 hours ago, hawdini said:

what do you mean? Im super introverted too. Youve never been camping?

Never! Going camping and then coming across people who wanna talk to me? Ugh! So annoying. Plus, I'm scared of wild animals trying to eat me in my sleep. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Shian e Ali said:

Lol! Then go for it. I wonder if the angels will comment on how it suits you

hahaha theyll be like look at that lil dead cutey in pink:blush:

 

4 hours ago, Shian e Ali said:

Going camping and then coming across people who wanna talk to me? Ugh! So annoying.

haha i think she meant there are people around but not in close vicinity. Ive seen camping places for example in south korea where they camp but theyre like super far apart.

4 hours ago, Shian e Ali said:

I'm scared of wild animals trying to eat me in my sleep. 

lol youre scared of wild animals and im scared of ppl stabbing me in my sleep. Are there bears in canada?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 4/12/2024 at 2:36 PM, hawdini said:

hahaha theyll be like look at that lil dead cutey in pink:blush:

Lol, I'm sure!

 

On 4/12/2024 at 2:36 PM, hawdini said:

haha i think she meant there are people around but not in close vicinity. Ive seen camping places for example in south korea where they camp but theyre like super far apart.

lol youre scared of wild animals and im scared of ppl stabbing me in my sleep. Are there bears in canada?

Oh, that must be fun. Maybe I'll try it one day, let's see. I never thought about stabbing, not sure why anyone would bother, I don't even taste yummy for humans. As for bears, maybe they'd like it, but there aren't any where I live. Yes, there are bears in the North. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
16 hours ago, Shian e Ali said:

Maybe I'll try it one day, let's see

Do try and let me know how it was!! Maybe you can give me some courage.

 

16 hours ago, Shian e Ali said:

why anyone would bother

people just stab to stab sometimes haha

16 hours ago, Shian e Ali said:

but there aren't any where I live

thank god bears are scary!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
8 hours ago, hawdini said:

Do try and let me know how it was!! Maybe you can give me some courage.

Hahaha, don't wait on me. I'll probably take a couple of years, lol!

8 hours ago, hawdini said:

people just stab to stab sometimes haha

Oh, I hope they make it quick then. Pain is scary, death is fine. 

8 hours ago, hawdini said:

thank god bears are scary!

Agreed! Ever since I came across a story about a Russian girl, I've been terrified of bears. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 4/15/2024 at 1:55 AM, Shian e Ali said:

Agreed! Ever since I came across a story about a Russian girl, I've been terrified of bears. 

Do you mean that one where she is eaten by a bear and she is calling the police???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
19 hours ago, hawdini said:

Do you mean that one where she is eaten by a bear and she is calling the police???

I read that she actually called back home and talked to her mum, while she was being eaten, after the bear had crushed her dad's skull and killed him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Shian e Ali said:

I read that she actually called back home and talked to her mum, while she was being eaten, after the bear had crushed her dad's skull and killed him. 

Oh yeaah i remember that!!! That traumatized me too!!! :cryhappy: Like why did they have to reveal that to the public, I would have peacefully been living my life if I didnt hear that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...