In the Name of God بسم الله

Simple wedding

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Marriage and a halal option should be easy, instead of these drawn out, 30,40,50k crazy money burners.

Edited by Abu_Zahra

• The title was changed to Simple wedding
  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

The OP was originally a video of a Muslim-Christian, interracial marriage. Allah allows marriage even to the non-Muslim under certain conditions, yet we have made obstacles on not only religion, not only sect, but race and tribe within the sect itself. 

I judged the clothing to be decent, especially compared to what we report from news channels etc, and there was no lewd dancing or anything of this sort, but if this is not up to the correct standards, then i absolutely support its removal, and apologize.

<>

http://www.bayynat.org/books/fatawa/f3k2b1f1tm1.htm

576: It is not permissible for a Muslim man to marry an idolatrous woman nor one who has reverted back from Islam to other religions, including Judaism and Christianity, and there is no difference between 'Fitri' or 'Milli' revertions. And as an obligatory precaution, he is not to marry a Majoosi.

As for Jewish and Christian women from the 'People of the Book', it is permissible for him to enter into a temporary marriage contract with her, likewise permanent marriage if there is not a first wife who is Muslim present. If there is a Muslim wife, it is not permissible for him to enter into permanent marriage with the 'Kitabia' without the permission of the first wife, although the recommended precaution is that he does not marry of Ahlul Kitab in either circumstance; she being the first wife, or second wife with a Muslim first wife who has given permission because this will harm the religious and spiritual balances within the family.

Edited by In Gods Name

• Advanced Member
23 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I don't know of any example in my personal life who looks back at their wedding pictures and how luxurious it was. What matters is the quality of life that the spouses share.

Lucky u, I don’t know anyone who had a simple marriage in my family.

• Advanced Member
17 minutes ago, Diaz said:

Lucky u, I don’t know anyone who had a simple marriage in my family.

This is the problem.

If Islam even allows marriage to Jews and Christians, we're making it insanely hard.

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, In Gods Name said:

This is the problem.

If Islam even allows marriage to Jews and Christians, we're making it insanely hard.

If temporary marriage then I don’t see any issues. I don’t support interfaith permanent  marriage because I noticed majority of children end up following their mother religion which is mostly Christianity. 

Another thing is I believe the issue with expensive wedding party is because people love to show off, I blame the society.

• Advanced Member
Just now, Diaz said:

If temporary marriage then I don’t see any issues. I don’t support interfaith permanent  marriage because I noticed majority of children end up following their mother religion which is mostly Christianity. 

Another thing is I believe the issue with expensive wedding party is because people love to show off, I blame the society.

In the video i posted, the couple discussed this - and the father (Muslim) agreed with this Christian wife that the children would be brought up as Muslims, and the mother would be supportive.

I personally wouldn't advocate interfaith marriages in general, but i'd say it's a million times better than Zina.

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, In Gods Name said:

In the video i posted, the couple discussed this - and the father (Muslim) agreed with this Christian wife that the children would be brought up as Muslims, and the mother would be supportive.

Yeah but how can we make sure she won’t lie? Mothers stay with their children more than the father. Unless she is not religious or does not practice her religion, I don’t think her promise is genuine. 

7 minutes ago, In Gods Name said:

I personally wouldn't advocate interfaith marriages in general, but i'd say it's a million times better than Zina.

I agree. However why our community are not helping the youth who are planning to get married at young age? The mosque I attended in help people when high debt or student debt but they never help people who are planning to get married specially the youth. 

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Diaz said:

Yeah but how can we make sure she won’t lie? Mothers stay with their children more than the father. Unless she is not religious or does not practice her religion, I don’t think her promise is genuine. 

I agree. However why our community are not helping the youth who are planning to get married at young age? The mosque I attended in help people when high debt or student debt but they never help people who are planning to get married specially the youth. 

Valid points , i think it just depends on the two people.

And yes, and instead of helping them out with debt, society dictates that they should spend 40-80k USD on a wedding.