In the Name of God بسم الله

"There is no deity but Imam Ali"

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I will be using this post to show that these poetry reciters do not represent the teachings of the Ahlulbayt and are condemned by our scholars. There are a lot of rats and ghulat among the Shias, and just because they have centres and are on YouTube does not mean they represent us. These rats need to be named and shamed and refuted for the clear cut Kufr.

The video contains compilations from 'Sunni Defense':

Guest Ilyas

'Audhu billahi minash shaythaanirrajeem

May Allah the Most High curse those who exaggerate the status of Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام) beyond what they are. And may Allah protect us from this fitna. 

I wonder what these "sheikhs" will say if you were to ask them to define shirk.

La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah

• Advanced Member

I know a nusayri zakir who said ali is the creator of allah. 

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, sunnism said:

Who was he / any videos?

• Advanced Member
Just now, In Gods Name said:

Who was he / any videos?

let me know if you don't know urdu. I'll translate it for you. 

And notice, I am not saying that shia hold this belief, or agreeing with the title that youtuber had written. This person is not a shia, rather a murtad. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, sunnism said:

let me know if you don't know urdu. I'll translate it for you. 

And notice, I am not saying that shia hold this belief, or agreeing with the title that youtuber had written. This person is not a shia, rather a murtad. 

How popular are these people/where do they congregate? 

A translation would be great, Barakallhufeek

Edited by In Gods Name

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, In Gods Name said:

How popular are these people/where do they congregate? 

A translation would be great, Barakallhufeek

I don't know about this person's popularity. 

But the translation is

'Ali is not allah, ali is the creator of allah, ali is the Lord of allah, ali is the sustainer of allah, ali is much greater than allah, what is the mi'raj of allah? The miraj of allah is that he wipes the floor of fatima with his beard, the crown of head of allah is the dust of the floor of fatima, this is real tawheed, we aren't nusayris, nusayris says ali is allah, we say ali is creator of allah, ali is sustainer of allah, ali is Lord of the lords'. 

May allah disfigure his face 

Edited by sunnism

• Advanced Member
36 minutes ago, sunnism said:

I don't know about this person's popularity. 

But the translation is

'Ali is not allah, ali is the creator of allah, ali is the Lord of allah, ali is the sustainer of allah, ali is much greater than allah, what is the mi'raj of allah? The miraj of allah is that he wipes the floor of fatima with his beard, the crown of head of allah is the dust of the floor of fatima, this is real tawheed, we aren't nusayris, nusayris says ali is allah, we say ali is creator of allah, ali is sustainer of allah, ali is Lord of the lords'. 

May allah disfigure his face 

If this is what he said, may Allah either guide him or punish him.

This is the worst filth i think i have ever read on the forum.

But what's worse is this, those who Shias who claim Ali is not Allah, but give to Ali that which only belongs to Allah, such as creating the universe, answering or hearing Dua (like the Barelvis, North African Sufi Sunnis) etc

We both need to clean this up my brother, so that only Allah is worshipped and only acts of Ibadah are devoted to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, In Gods Name said:

If this is what he said, may Allah either guide him or punish him.

This is the worst filth i think i have ever read on the forum.

But what's worse is this, those who Shias who claim Ali is not Allah, but give to Ali that which only belongs to Allah, such as creating the universe, answering or hearing Dua (like the Barelvis, North African Sufi Sunnis) etc

We both need to clean this up my brother, so that only Allah is worshipped and only acts of Ibadah are devoted to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)

There is one thing which I forgot to translate from his speech which is ' the miraj of allah is that he prostate to the floor of fatima'. 

Edited by sunnism

• Moderators

Unfortunately, the reality with us Shias is that a wrong type of love and understanding will lead to what Christians was lead to. I remember reading some "I Am" narrations about Imam Ali (عليه السلام) that symbolize Isa (عليه السلام) in new testament and how Christians inteprated these as Jesus being God (Audhubillah). 

Guest Sunni Defense

Thank you for doing fantastic work by posting out video This is the reality of Shia creed.

I welcome you all to Sunni club which is the real Islam. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Guest Sunni Defense said:

Thank you for doing fantastic work by posting out video This is the reality of Shia creed.

I welcome you all to Sunni club which is the real Islam. 

No, the Shia creed is the real Islam with correct tawheed. The video just exposes wrongdoers viewpoints that are not with teaching of Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام).

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, In Gods Name said:

Sayed Ali Hur responds to the Kufri poetry:

Very well explained those both narrations that leaves no room to "By permission of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)" arguments that creates potentiality to be literally God (Audubillah).

Edited by Abu Nur

Guest Sunni Defense
16 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

No, the Shia creed is the real Islam with correct tawheed. The video just exposes wrongdoers viewpoints that are not with teaching of Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام).

How many thing would you deny? Here is a reliable narration from your books;

1067/ 2] التوحيد ومعاني الاخبار: عن أبيه عن سعد عن ابن عيسى عن الحسين بن سعيد عن فضالة عن أبان عن محمد بن مسلم قال: سمعت أباعبداللّه عليه السلام يقول: انّ للّه عزّوجلّ خلقا خلقهم من نوره ورحمته لرحمته فهم (انهم) عين اللّه الناظرة واذُنُه السامعة ولسانه الناطق في خلقه بإذنه وأمناؤه على ما أنزل من عُذْرٍ أو نُذْرٍ أو حجة فبهم‌ يمحو اللّه السّيئات وبهم يدفع الضيم وبهم ينزل الرحمة وبهم يحيى ميتاً ويميت حيّاً وبهم يبتلى خلقه وبهم يقضي في خلقه قضيةً. قلت: جعلت فداك من هؤلاء؟ قال:

الأوصياء.[1]

معجم الأحاديث المعتبرة, شيخ أصف محسني
ج2 ص 103

Either defend your orthodox creed or make a new sect within Shi'ism or join the true Islam which we Sunni holds. 

• Moderators
On 3/4/2024 at 6:19 AM, Guest Sunni Defense said:

1067/ 2] التوحيد ومعاني الاخبار: عن أبيه عن سعد عن ابن عيسى عن الحسين بن سعيد عن فضالة عن أبان عن محمد بن مسلم قال: سمعت أباعبداللّه عليه السلام يقول: انّ للّه عزّوجلّ خلقا خلقهم من نوره ورحمته لرحمته فهم (انهم) عين اللّه الناظرة واذُنُه السامعة ولسانه الناطق في خلقه بإذنه وأمناؤه على ما أنزل من عُذْرٍ أو نُذْرٍ أو حجة فبهم‌ يمحو اللّه السّيئات وبهم يدفع الضيم وبهم ينزل الرحمة وبهم يحيى ميتاً ويميت حيّاً وبهم يبتلى خلقه وبهم يقضي في خلقه قضيةً. قلت: جعلت فداك من هؤلاء؟ قال:

الأوصياء.[1]

ج2 ص 103

Either defend your orthodox creed or make a new sect within Shi'ism or join the true Islam which we Sunni holds. 

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said: Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him. It was related by al-Bukhari.

https://sunnah.com/qudsi40:25

Guest Sunni Defense
5 hours ago, Abu Nur said:

Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him

There is no problem in this hadith and the beginning part of the one which I quoted from your books. The problematic text is this;

"Through them, God erases evil deeds, through them He repel injustice, through them He sends down mercy, through them He gives life to a dead person and kills a living person, through them He tests His creation, and through them He judges His creation.  I said: May I be your ransom from these people?  He said: Guardians"

On 3/4/2024 at 9:19 AM, Guest Sunni Defense said:

وبهم يحيى ميتاً ويميت حيّاً وبهم يبتلى خلقه وبهم يقضي في خلقه قضيةً. قلت: جعلت فداك من هؤلاء؟ قال:

الأوصياء.[1]

How can you even justify this statement that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) gives life & death through "Awsiya". Who gives life & death to these "Awsiya"? 

Some of the Prophets (not everyone) have shown the miracles by giving life to the dead as mentioned in the Quran. Please show me which Awsiya ever showed any such miracle? 

Is this not ghuluw and even worse? Do you have anything in defense? 

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Guest Sunni Defense said:

There is no problem in this hadith and the beginning part of the one which I quoted from your books. The problematic text is this;

"Through them, God erases evil deeds, through them He repel injustice, through them He sends down mercy, through them He gives life to a dead person and kills a living person, through them He tests His creation, and through them He judges His creation.  I said: May I be your ransom from these people?  He said: Guardians"

How can you even justify this statement that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) gives life & death through "Awsiya". Who gives life & death to these "Awsiya"? 

Some of the Prophets (not everyone) have shown the miracles by giving life to the dead as mentioned in the Quran. Please show me which Awsiya ever showed any such miracle? 

Is this not ghuluw and even worse? Do you have anything in defense? 

Of course those part are no problem because it is found in your books. 

The other part you find problem is not actually problem when you understand that God choosing a representative that trough them He test his creation. The same is applied to all Prophets and Imams.

As for giving live and death, the narration does not indicate that they must do so. But I do know two narrations where the curse of Imam caused death and their prayer caused for example Sheik Suduq to be born. Perhaps there are more. 

The narration you quoted have nothing to do with ghuluw. 

Edited by Abu Nur

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Guest Sunni Defense said:

What if there is no mentioning about it, does it invalid the hadith? Of course not. 

Guest Taqwa Iman Taslim

Salam

The design in creation of universe and earth and the balance on it, like the Quran is something only God can do. However,  the viewpoint that he uses others to implement his design, is not a problem. At the top of command hierarchy even before humans were a thing,  Ahlulbayt (a) would issue the commands to Angels (a).  Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) uses his chosen and Angels, but the top and highest council is Ahlulbayt (a).  If people have a problem with that, they have a problem with the Quran.

Guest Sunni Defense
47 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

Of course those part are no problem because it is found in your books. 

Not because they are present in anyone's books but because of the text of those ahadith. Those text have certain interpretations, I mean no one would say the Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) literally turned into a sight or limbs or ears of any of his creation. 

50 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

But I do know two narrations where the curse of Imam caused death and their prayer caused for example Sheik Suduq to be born

Ok, So you are saying Imams can give life and death. That's why you have people praying in the shrines, presenting their needs before those physical structures. When the Imams can give life & death, they can also give sustenance as well. This is the pure case of tafweed which not only your Imams have condemned but many of your scholars also condemn this ideology. 

I don't need to say anymore beside that.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Guest Sunni Defense said:

The entire tradition is fairly allegorical - it speaks about them also being the eyes , tounge, etc through which God can act in an allegorical way. It can be interpreted to also mean in their honour.

Even so, it is a Khabar al-Wahid, it can not be used for Aqeedah even if you wanted to take it literally, but the entire tone of that honestly seems quite metaphorical.

• Advanced Member

Even if I am a sunni, I don't find it to be an exxageration. Similar hadith is present in our sources about abdaals 

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Guest Sunni Defense said:

Ok, So you are saying Imams can give life and death. That's why you have people praying in the shrines, presenting their needs before those physical structures. When the Imams can give life & death, they can also give sustenance as well. This is the pure case of tafweed which not only your Imams have condemned but many of your scholars also condemn this ideology. 

That narration indicates that God created representatives that He uses them in His causes by His actions, like prophets, Kings, Imams. It does not even prove that you can ask them for your needs. Nor does it says anything about sustenance. 

Edited by Abu Nur

• Advanced Member
On 3/3/2024 at 11:19 PM, Guest Sunni Defense said:

You're exaggerating beyond belief...I'll concede that Shi'ism needs some finetuning or a slight facelift...but Sunnism needed a complete overhaul through and through according to your own admission...firstly, normative Sunnism has been replaced by Wahhabism....a religion that was invented 200 - 300 years ago in Najd...you believe Sunnism came to an heretical end and died...it had been thoroughly destroyed by Sufism and Ashʿarism...and you believe it was Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab who singlehandedly brought back Islam from the brink of death...a person who condemned as a renegade by both his father and brother

Guest Sunni Defense
2 hours ago, Eddie Mecca said:

I'll concede that Shi'ism needs some finetuning or a slight facelift...but Sunnism needed a complete overhaul

So you are implying that there is no original Islam exists as Shia & Sunni sects requires overhauling, partial or complete??  

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 11:03 AM, Guest Sunni Defense said:

Not because they are present in anyone's books but because of the text of those ahadith. Those text have certain interpretations, I mean no one would say the Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) literally turned into a sight or limbs or ears of any of his creation. 

Your analysis is completely wrong as are your conclusion regarding these events.

The dua was made and the event happened. It doesn't mean there is nothing in between i.e. the dua created the life or caused the death. No Shia that I have ever known makes that claim. 

The dua was made to Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) answered that Dua by creating the life or causing the death.

It is Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) who creates life and causes to die. Period. 

As for your claim about the shrines no one is praying to the shrines. This is just nawasib propaganda. They are asking Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) at the shrines thru the agency (wasilat. As it says in the Holy Quran 'seek a wasilat' ie means of approach to Allah) of the Imams and at a place which Allah,(swa) has blessed just like He(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) blessed other places like Holy Kaaba and precincts of Masjid An Nabawi in Medina Al Munawar. So the Dua is more likely to be answered positively by Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)

This is the belief of followers of Ahl Al Bayt. What you are repeating is simply propaganda created in the mind of the extremists who hate the Shia. You are responsible before Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for those words. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2024 at 11:24 AM, sunnism said:

I don’t know why people always feel the need to slander Nusayris when they have absolutely no knowledge of our aqeedah. Mashallah, they graduated at the University of Google with a Master’s in Propaganda.

It’s getting embarrassing at this point.

Imam Ali (ع) is obviously not the creator of Allah; Allah created all things. We believe in the same Quran as the rest of the Muslims. Stop accusing the shia of sectarianism when we’re not the ones doing takfir.

On 3/4/2024 at 3:19 PM, Guest Sunni Defense said:

الأوصياء.[1]

ج2 ص 103

Sorry, there’s nothing wrong with this hadith. Notice the “بإذنه”. All power comes from Allah, but "الله يوتى ملكه من يشاء". 

Need I remind you that this is a Quranic concept?

[Aal-e-Imran:49]:
وَرَسُولًا إِلَىٰ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ أَنِّي قَدْ جِئْتُكُم بِآيَةٍ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ أَنِّي أَخْلُقُ لَكُم مِّنَ الطِّينِ كَهَيْئَةِ الطَّيْرِ فَأَنفُخُ فِيهِ فَيَكُونُ طَيْرًا بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ وَأُبْرِئُ الْأَكْمَهَ وَالْأَبْرَصَ وَأُحْيِي الْمَوْتَىٰ بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ وَأُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا تَأْكُلُونَ وَمَا تَدَّخِرُونَ فِي بُيُوتِكُمْ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَةً لَّكُمْ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ

“And (make him) an apostle to the children of Israel: That I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I determine for you out of dust like the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with Allah's permission and I heal the blind and the leprous, and bring the dead to life with Allah's permission and I inform you of what you should eat and what you should store in your houses; most surely there is a sign in this for you, if you are believers.”

The issue according to you is that the awsiya are not prophets, and that only prophets can perform miracles.

On 3/7/2024 at 11:31 PM, Guest Sunni Defense said:

That’s easy. Asif ibn Barkhiya, wasi of Sayedina Suleyman (ع).

[An-Naml:40]:
قَالَ الَّذِي عِندَهُ عِلْمٌ مِّنَ الْكِتَابِ أَنَا آتِيكَ بِهِ قَبْلَ أَن يَرْتَدَّ إِلَيْكَ طَرْفُكَ فَلَمَّا رَآهُ مُسْتَقِرًّا عِندَهُ قَالَ هَٰذَا مِن فَضْلِ رَبِّي

"One who had the knowledge of the Book said: I will bring it to you in the twinkling of an eye. Then when he saw it settled beside him, he said: This is of the grace of my Lord…"

Ask the Sunni mufassireen who the “one who had the knowledge of the book” is. All will agree it’s Asif ibn Barkhiya, wasi of Suleyman, and not a prophet.

I’ve proven what you’ve asked for. But, just for fun, let’s go a bit further. Let’s go to Surah al-Rad:

[Ar-Rad:43]:
وَيَقُولُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لَسْتَ مُرْسَلًا قُلْ كَفَىٰ بِاللَّهِ شَهِيدًا بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَكُمْ وَمَنْ عِندَهُ عِلْمُ الْكِتَابِ

"And those who disbelieve say: You are not a messenger. Say: Allah is sufficient as a witness between me and you and whoever has knowledge of the Book."

Now, who does this verse refer to? Let’s again ask the Sunni mufassireen.

Renowned Sunni scholar Al-Tha’labi writes in Al-Kashf wal-Bayan from Mohammad ibn al-Hanafiyya that this verse refers to Imam Ali (ع).

So… if Asif ibn Barkhiya had "علم من الكتاب" ([some] knowledge FROM the book), and Ali ibn Abi Taleb had "علم الكتاب" (knowledge OF the book), what does that show? It shows that awsiya can perform miracles, but more importantly, that Imam Ali (ع) is greater than Asif ibn Barkhiya, because he has knowledge OF the book whereas Asif ibn Barkhiya has some knowledge FROM the book. So Imam Ali (ع) can perform miracles according to the Sunni tafsir of the holy Quran.

Edited by علوي

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, علوي said:

I don’t know why people always feel the need to slander Nusayris when they have absolutely no knowledge of our aqeedah. Mashallah, they graduated at the University of Google with a Master’s in Propaganda

So please enlighten me, what is your aqeedah regarding Ali. 

• Advanced Member
On 3/7/2024 at 8:34 AM, sunnism said:

Even if I am a sunni, I don't find it to be an exxageration. Similar hadith is present in our sources about abdaals 

I feel like these days, a majority of my sunni friends would find this bordering on shirk. I mean someone like the famous Ustadh Abdurrahman would definitely call this bordering on shirk of not outright shirk. 20-30 years ago I feel it was different.

What is your opinion on the Hadith:

إِذَا انْفَلَتَتْ دَابَّةُ أَحَدِكُمْ بِأَرْضِ فَلاةٍ فَلْيُنَادِ يَا عِبَادَ اللهِ احْبِسُوا عَلَيَّ يَا عِبَادَ اللهِ احْبِسُوا عَلَيَّ فَإِنَّ لِلهِ فِي الأَرْضِ حَاضِرًا سَيَحْبِسُهُ عَلَيْكُمْ.

(al-Tabarani, Mu'jam Al-Kabir )

Guest LostRevert

The point that keeps me from stating I am Shia or Sunni is the fact that what I witness is Shias seeming to place importance of imam Ali and all the imams that have followed above prophet Mohammad himself and visiting the Shia holy sites in Iran and Iraq more important than Mecca. This causes conflict and seems wrong to me. But I go nowhere trying to discuss it rationally to understand as anytime I try to learn I am met with defensiveness and anger immediately.  I have actually been told that my thoughts made a person disgusted and nauseous and they refused to speak to me for days. So I’ve learned to never bring this up so I get no understanding. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, 145_turbo_16V said:

I feel like these days, a majority of my sunni friends would find this bordering on shirk. I mean someone like the famous Ustadh Abdurrahman would definitely call this bordering on shirk of not outright shirk. 20-30 years ago I feel it was different.

What is your opinion on the Hadith:

إِذَا انْفَلَتَتْ دَابَّةُ أَحَدِكُمْ بِأَرْضِ فَلاةٍ فَلْيُنَادِ يَا عِبَادَ اللهِ احْبِسُوا عَلَيَّ يَا عِبَادَ اللهِ احْبِسُوا عَلَيَّ فَإِنَّ لِلهِ فِي الأَرْضِ حَاضِرًا سَيَحْبِسُهُ عَلَيْكُمْ.

(al-Tabarani, Mu'jam Al-Kabir )

This particular narration is weak. But it has a supporting narration which is hasan. It is in musnad ul bazzar. Plus this narration is acted upon by the likes of imam ahmad bin hanbal, imam nawawi and his shuyookh. 

Most likely, your majority of sunni friends are wahabis. 

Edited by sunnism

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, sunnism said:

This particular narration is weak. But it has a supporting narration which is hasan. It is in musnad ul bazzar. Plus this narration is acted upon by the likes of imam ahmad bin hanbal, imam nawawi and his shuyookh. 

Most likely, your majority of sunni friends are wahabis. 

Yeah I said that in another post/thread, there are numerous narrations of this kind which strengthen each other.

Edited by 145_turbo_16V

• Advanced Member
On 3/16/2024 at 9:30 AM, sunnism said:

So please enlighten me, what is your aqeedah regarding Ali. 

We draw our aqeedah from the holy Quran and the ahadith of the holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). Describing him is impossible, as the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) said: يا علي، ما عرف الله إلا أنا وأنت، وما عرفني إلا الله وأنت، وما عرفك إلا الله وأنا (O Ali, no one knows Allah except you and I; no one knows me except Allah and you; no one knows you except Allah and I)

رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله) - لعلي (عليه السلام) -: والذي نفسي بيده، لولا أن يقول فيك طوائف من أمتي ما قالت النصارى في عيسى بن مريم، لقلت فيك اليوم مقالا لا تمر بأحد من المسلمين إلا أخذ التراب من أثر قدميك يطلبون به البركة

The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) to Ali (عليه السلام): "I swear by the One in Whose Hand is my soul, if it weren't for some people of my Ummah saying about you what the Christians said about Jesus, son of Mary, I would speak about you today such that no Muslim would walk past you without taking dust from under your feet to seek blessings."

Imam Ali ibn Abi Taleb (عليه السلام) is the infallible successor of the Prophet, the proof of Allah on earth, the wali of Allah, the Imam of the believers. His wilayah is the essence of faith, and Islam is incomplete without it. 

وروى عن محمد بن ابان، عن فضيل ، عن ثور بن يزيد ، عن خالد بن معدان ، عن زاذان ، عن سلمان قال: سمعت رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) يقول: كنت انا وعلي نورا بين يدي الله قبل ان يخلق الله ادم بأربعة عشر الف عام، فلما خلق الله آدم قسم ذلك النور جزءين ركبا في ادم فجزء أنا وجزء علي بن أبي طالب، فنور الحق معنا نازل حيثما نزلنا.

المسترشد - محمد بن جرير الطبري - الصفحة ٦٣٠

And it has been narrated from Muhammad ibn Aban, from Fudayl, from Thowir ibn Yazid, from Khalid ibn Madan, from Zadan, from Salman who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) saying: "Ali and I were noor between the Hands of Allah 14,000 years before Allah created Adam. When Allah created Adam, He split that noor into two parts in Adam, a part was me and a part was Ali ibn Abi Taleb. So the noor of truth is with us wherever we are."

Source: Al-Mustarshid - Muhammad ibn Jarir al-Tabari - Page 630

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْمَاعِيلُ بْنُ مُوسَى، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا شَرِيكٌ، عَنْ أَبِي إِسْحَاقَ، عَنْ حُبْشِيِّ بْنِ جُنَادَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ عَلِيٌّ مِنِّي وَأَنَا مِنْ عَلِيٍّ وَلاَ يُؤَدِّي عَنِّي إِلاَّ أَنَا أَوْ عَلِيٌّ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قَالَ أَبُو عِيسَى هَذَا حَدِيثٌ حَسَنٌ غَرِيبٌ صَحِيحٌ ‏.‏

Narrated Hubshi bin Junadah: that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "'Ali is from me and I am from 'Ali. And none should represent me except myself or 'Ali."

Jami` at-Tirmidhi 3719

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْمَاعِيلُ بْنُ مُوسَى، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ عُمَرَ بْنِ الرُّومِيِّ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا شَرِيكٌ، عَنْ سَلَمَةَ بْنِ كُهَيْلٍ، عَنْ سُوَيْدِ بْنِ غَفَلَةَ، عَنِ الصُّنَابِحِيِّ، عَنْ عَلِيٍّ، رضى الله عنه قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ أَنَا دَارُ الْحِكْمَةِ وَعَلِيٌّ بَابُهَا ‏"‏ ‏. هَذَا حَدِيثٌ غَرِيبٌ مُنْكَرٌ ‏.‏ وَرَوَى بَعْضُهُمْ هَذَا الْحَدِيثَ عَنْ شَرِيكٍ وَلَمْ يَذْكُرُوا فِيهِ عَنِ الصُّنَابِحِيِّ وَلاَ نَعْرِفُ هَذَا الْحَدِيثَ عَنْ احِدٍ مِنَ الثِّقَاتِ غير شَرِيكٍ ‏.‏ وَفِي الْبَابِ عَنِ ابْنِ عَبَّاسٍ ‏.‏

Narrated 'Ali: that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "I am the house of wisdom, and 'Ali is its door."

Jami` at-Tirmidhi 3723