In the Name of God بسم الله

15th Shaban Preparations

Rate this topic

Guest Ilyas

Guest Ilyas

Salaam,

I wish to remind everyone that 15th Shaban is almost here. I believe in America, it begins Saturday night. We must prepare for this blessed day.

There are many good deeds for this particular day. Fasting on this day holds tremendous reward. I would like to see what other good deeds you all had in mind or plan on doing.

And good deeds are not limited to praying and fasting. Establishing good relations with family, propagating Islam, discussing the virtues of Ahlul Bayt, and so on are all meritorious deeds. Also, when making Dua, be sure to keep the people of Palestine in mind as well as all oppressed Muslims whether they are Shia or Sunni. Take advantage of this blessed day, on the day the Imam of our time was born (May Allah hasten his reappearance).

• Advanced Member

The most important thing is not to engage in making Dua to GhairAllah. 

Not engaging in acts which have no part of the religion.

To focus our minds on our creator and to return our religion into a God-centric, not human centric one.

Guest Ilyas

I also wanted to add that be sure to not neglect the Holy Qur'an as it is one of the 2 Weighty Things. Even if you only know a little bit of Qur'an memorized in Arabic, try to recite that in your Night Prayers. You can still derive benefit by reading an English translation.

Islam emphasizes on balance so hold on to both the Qur'an and the teachings and practices of Ahlul Bayt (May Peace be Upon Them).

• Advanced Member

Why in USA shaban 15th is on Saturday why for us in Middle East it’s on Monday? 

• Advanced Member
51 minutes ago, Diaz said:

Why in USA shaban 15th is on Saturday why for us in Middle East it’s on Monday? 

Are you sure brother? For us in the Subcontinent it begins tonight ie Saturday night too. I have seen the full moon tonight myself. 

• The topic was pinned
  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Are you sure brother? For us in the Subcontinent it begins tonight ie Saturday night too. I have seen the full moon tonight myself. 

You are in North America? I don’t know brother I am following my calendar and it’s written tomorrow (Sunday) is 14th of Shaban.

• Advanced Member

I’m really confused, if anyone can link me information when is 15th of shaban I will be grateful. Either way I will be fasting and doing the needful tomorrow but I want to know exactly the dates.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Diaz said:

You are in North America? I don’t know brother I am following my calendar and it’s written tomorrow (Sunday) is 14th of Shaban.

No I am in South Asia. Tonight is the night of 15th of Sha'ban ie the day begins tonight. I think the crescent for Sha'ban might have been sighted earlier than expected, and tonight is the full moon ie it is exactly the middle of the month. If you can, do ghusl quickly and begin the acts of worship for tonight. 

• Advanced Member
39 minutes ago, Diaz said:

I’m really confused, if anyone can link me information when is 15th of shaban I will be grateful. Either way I will be fasting and doing the needful tomorrow but I want to know exactly the dates.

I just checked the dates for Lebanon, the night is tonight. Begin the ibaadat ASAP. 

• Advanced Member
14 minutes ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

I just checked the dates for Lebanon, the night is tonight. Begin the ibaadat ASAP. 

Thanks brother, I actually live in gcc. Anyway even if tomorrow is not 14 I will do the ibada for 2 days because I don’t want to miss it. If possible can you check dates in Iraq? 

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Diaz said:

Thanks brother, I actually live in gcc. Anyway even if tomorrow is not 14 I will do the ibada for 2 days because I don’t want to miss it. If possible can you check dates in Iraq? 

Welcome brother. 

The date is tonight for Iraq as well. 

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Welcome brother. 

The date is tonight for Iraq as well. 

Thank you brother, I was following the wrong calendar then. 

• Moderators

An Islamic Calendar will inform you of the dates of Islamic events, however, you need to know the Islamic date for the country where you live. If your own family doesn't know what day it is, can you find out from neighbors or shop keepers? Can you look at the website of a mosque, Islamic Center or Hussainiya where you live? 

https://www.duas.org/Calendar.html

• The topic was unpinned