In the Name of God بسم الله

What powerful dua(s) to lessen the pain for my father?

Rate this topic

Guest Asytar

Guest Asytar

Salam.

My father is sick and he becomes like someone else (like he was possessed or something). At home he cannot walk, even to the bathroom and we have to help him. Recently he got minor stroke and went to the hospital and miraculously he could walk to the toilet by himself! (He was in a very busy emergency unit and we his family cannot wait inside with him). But when at home he is weak again.

He also delirious and talk nonsense. He doesn't want to perform salah even though we force him... So I know there's some shaitan or iblees that whisper bad things to him because of his weaker state (he used to frequent the mosque so when he refused to salah, I know it's not him). He also can't sleep at night.

My family is going to ask for ruqyah from some imam... (My family is Sunni btw, but I learned a bit about ahlul bait and I know they have powerful duas). Please, is there any duas that lessen the pain for my father or at the very least return him to his normal self? I know it's quite impossible for him to be healthy like he used to be due to his old age, but I want him to be in his right mind again.

Many thanks for any tips in advance.

Wassalam.

• Advanced Member

Salam,

I pray to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) that he gets better. I know its very difficult for everyone in the family. You have to patience and continue to have strong faith in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) just like how Prophets (Peace be upon them all) were through difficulties but always remained patience and continued to have strong faith in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) at all circumstances. 

Some of the duas and Quran verses that are beneficial : 

Dua Kumayl - Thursday Night

Dua Tawsool - Tuesday Night

https://www.duas.org/sajjadiya/s15.htm

Ramadan is coming so this https://www.duas.org/jkabeer1.htm this supplication was taught by the Angel Jibra’il (prayers be upon him) to the Prophet (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) during one of the battle - 

Dua No. 85

Dua for cure of all Diseases

Hazrat Ameerul Mo�mineen Ali Ibne Talib ((عليه السلام).) used to recite the following Dua for cure of all diseases this can be recited at any time by a sick person. Regular recitation of this Dua will save from sickness and sins will be forgiven.

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ. اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ تَعْجِيْلَ عَافِيَتِكَ أَوْ صَبْراً عَلٰى بَلِيَّتِكَ أَوْ خُرُوْجًا إِلٰى رَحْمَتِكَ.

Translation:

In the name of Allah the Beneficent and the Merciful. O Allah! I beseech Thee for the speedy recovery or patience on the affliction and going out of this world toward Thy mercy.

This should be repeated off and on.

Dua No. 86

Dua for all Diseases and for all Purposes

The following Dua is taken from Saheefah Alaviya which has been recommended by Ameerul Mo�mineen Hazrat Ali ((عليه السلام).) to recite at the time of all diseases. Repeatedly recitation of Dua is effective for all disease and for all purposes,

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ. اَللّٰهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ تَعْجِيْلَ عَافِيَتِكَ وَ صَبْراً عَلٰى بَلِيَّتِكَ وَ خُرُوْجًا مِنَ الدُّنْيَا إِلٰى رَحْمَتِكَ.

Translation

In the name of Allah the Beneficent and the Merciful. My Allah I ask Thee quick recovery or else endurance on Thy trail from this world towards Thy Mercy.

Dua No. 87

Dua for Cure from All Diseases

If the following Dua is recited on an apple, or on pear and give it to a sick person before breakfast Insha Allah he will be cured and will regain his health.

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمٰنِ الرَّحِيْمِ. يَا نُوْرَ كُلِّ شَيْ‏ءٍ وَ هُدَاهُ أَنْتَ الَّذِيْ فَلَقَ الظُّلُمَاتِ نُوْرُهٗ.

Translation

In the name of Allah the Beneficent and the Merciful. O the Light! Which is the Light of everything and guides of it, Thou art the One, Who splitted the darkness by His Light.

Surah an-Naml, verse 62. أَمَّن يُجِيبُ ٱلۡمُضۡطَرَّ إِذَا دَعَاهُ وَيَكۡشِفُ ٱلسُّوٓءَ 

https://www.al-islam.org/kitab-al-adiyyati-al-quraniyyah-husein-khimjee/what-amman-yujibu 

• Advanced Member
On 2/23/2024 at 3:23 AM, Guest Asytar said:

He also delirious and talk nonsense. He doesn't want to perform salah even though we force him... So I know there's some shaitan or iblees that whisper bad things to him because of his weaker state (he used to frequent the mosque so when he refused to salah, I know it's not him). He also can't sleep at night.

Salam,

You need to rush him right back to the hospital. He could be having additional strokes.