In the Name of God بسم الله

My cousin tried to kill himself

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam.

I am so sorry to hear that :(. I'm trying to find the right words to say but I am struggling because I am shocked to hear that. It's very difficult situation. I pray to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) that he gets better. I apologise if I didn't get my wording right. 

• Advanced Member
38 minutes ago, Meedy said:

Salam.

I am so sorry to hear that :(. I'm trying to find the right words to say but I am struggling because I am shocked to hear that. It's very difficult situation. I pray to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) that he gets better. I apologise if I didn't get my wording right. 

It’s ok brother, just pray for him that’s all I’m requesting. Thank you very much. 

• Advanced Member

Alhamdilillah he's back. Thank Allah for that. I saw a documentary on near death experience and people who tried to suicide had the worst type of experience. Suicide doesn't end the problems based on people with NDE experience, they said it adds more problems to current problems. People never die with death, they just transfer to another world and they can see what happens both in this world and the other one they are in.

I make dua for him to get better insha.

• Advanced Member

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) restore him to health and mental well being, bihaqqi Ali ibn al-Hussain as-Sajjad (عليه السلام). 

Wassalam. 

• Advanced Member

May Allah the Almighty grant him cure and good health in all regards.

I truly do hope we can do more regarding mental health in our communities and families, especially with social media.

Check on your loved ones, sit down with them, poor mental health and decline into something like this can be veiled and well hidden. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Diaz said:

Salam everyone, pls today when you are free remember to pray for my cousin, he tried to kill himself but alhamdulillah he survived. Unfortunately he is in critical condition and currently in icu. This month is a the month of Sha’ban and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) inshallah will accept our dua so pls remember him. 

What you should do brother in case you are not already doing it is be his friend and listen to him and try in whatever way u can to try and get him to look at his situation in a different way that will increase his hope. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Abu Hadi said:

What you should do brother in case you are not already doing it is be his friend and listen to him and try in whatever way u can to try and get him to look at his situation in a different way that will increase his hope. 

I did brother before but the issue is he never told to anyone about his issue except to me. And I promised him I won’t tell to anyone including his parents. 

• Moderators

He needs to talk to someone. I don't know if I can be of help but I would be willing to listen. Since I don't know him or anyone in his family there is no chance of it getting back to them. I don't like to get involved in these types of personal situations but if it would help him out of this I would try. Also I am not an alim / sheik. So if he has very specific fiqh questions  I might not be able to answer, and if I don't know I will say 'I don't know'. I'm not sure how helpful that would be but like I said I am willing to try. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Advanced Member

Salam everyone I have good news and bad news.

Alhamdulilah my cousin woke up and he is better than before, he need to stay in the hospital for atleast 10 days before he leaves. But sadly the bad news is in the place where I live, people who try to kill themselves but survive will be punished. They will either deport him or sentence him. But my father has some connections so maybe instead of these 2 mt aunt or her husband can pay a fine starting from $2k+ 

let’s just hope everything is fine after 10 days.

• Advanced Member

Salam everyone, I just wanted to update regarding my cousins health issues. Alhamdulillah according to the drs, his physical health is good and he will be leaving the hospital on 3rd of March. Unfortunately because he tried to kill himself, he will be fined or deported if he can’t pay the money. My aunt and his siblings will try their best to pay for it. 

Yesterday I talked with him, he was really happy when he saw me, we started talking about what happened and why did he do this in which he said he always had gender identity issue, I was really shocked. He said he always wanted to be a woman and he is into men only not into women at all. I don’t know what to do now because he told me not to tell to anyone specifically his family or else he will kill himself. 

I was planning to take him to a laboratory for a hormone test, maybe if he took some pills for his hormone he might be better, but I’m not sure if that’s a great idea. And I can’t tell to his family regarding this issue, don’t know what to do now. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Diaz said:

Salam everyone, I just wanted to update regarding my cousins health issues. Alhamdulillah according to the drs, his physical health is good and he will be leaving the hospital on 3rd of March. Unfortunately because he tried to kill himself, he will be fined or deported if he can’t pay the money. My aunt and his siblings will try their best to pay for it. 

Yesterday I talked with him, he was really happy when he saw me, we started talking about what happened and why did he do this in which he said he always had gender identity issue, I was really shocked. He said he always wanted to be a woman and he is into men only not into women at all. I don’t know what to do now because he told me not to tell to anyone specifically his family or else he will kill himself. 

I was planning to take him to a laboratory for a hormone test, maybe if he took some pills for his hormone he might be better, but I’m not sure if that’s a great idea. And I can’t tell to his family regarding this issue, don’t know what to do now. 

I think he spends too much time on the internet, tell his parents before it's too late hopefully they can sit and talk to him or take him to a psychologist or something don't keep quiet about it just cause a little spoilt teen tells you not tell anyone doesn't mean you have to listen to him. Also you wouldn't be doing him a favour or helping him if you kept quiet about it. Tell his parents. This kid needs a sha7eetah to man him up a lil 

Edited by 123xo

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, 123xo said:

I think he spends too much time on the internet, tell his parents before it's too late hopefully they can sit and talk to him or take him to a psychologist or something don't keep quiet about it just cause a little spoilt teen tells you not tell anyone doesn't mean you have to listen to him. Also you wouldn't be doing him a favour or helping him if you kept quiet about it. Tell his parents. This kid needs a sha7eetah to man him up a lil 

I’m sorry but the last sentence you posted made me laugh :hahaha:

do you think internet has something to do with this? I want to tell to his parents but don’t know how, I will see if I can tell to my aunt without him knowing. I just hope she won’t tell him atleast.

• Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, Diaz said:

I’m sorry but the last sentence you posted made me laugh :hahaha:

do you think internet has something to do with this? I want to tell to his parents but don’t know how, I will see if I can tell to my aunt without him knowing. I just hope she won’t tell him atleast.

Loll

Yes i think he watches too much tiktok's about gender identity crisis and pronouns, he gets influenced easily especially if he's a spoilt little teenyweeny. Also if he listens to BTS, whatever he is exposed to during puberty is what shapes his thoughts and identity. 

Edited by 123xo

• Advanced Member
18 minutes ago, 123xo said:

Loll

Yes i think he watches too much tiktok's about gender identity crisis and pronouns, he gets influenced easily especially if he's a spoilt little teenyweeny. Also if he listens to BTS, whatever he is exposed to during puberty is what shapes his thoughts and identity. 

He is 21 actually. You know what, I think I will check what he watches in social media. I will try to go more in depth to understand why he want to become a woman. If there is no other option then I will tell to his aunt atleast because he must know. 

• Advanced Member
Just now, Diaz said:

He is 21 actually. You know what, I think I will check what he watches in social media. I will try to go more in depth to understand why he want to become a woman. If there is no other option then I will tell to his aunt atleast because he must know. 

Please don't watch what he watches on social media it's probably all gay things anyways, there's no point in watching what he watches the damage is already done. What you need to do if you really wanna help him is let his parents know and they can deal with it themselves, they obviously know what's better for their son more than you and me. No one is born gay it's all psychological that's why most gay people are actually mentally retarded and unstable cause it's a mental disorder.