Jump to content
In the Name of God بسم الله

Insane rosary beads and Quran page flicking Istikhara DEBUNKED

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

Bismillah 

Salam,

Brother Ibn al Hussain excellently debunks the ludicrous common practice among Shia Muslims to almost do coin tosses with rosary beads, or flick pages of the Quran or pay con-artistists (maybe themselves misguided) to flick pages of the Quran.

Istikhara as per the view of most Muslims is a Salah, and asking God to guide you, and illuminate the best path for you, both in your heart and life. It should really be in my view, something we do all the time.

However, unfortunately, a deviant practice with no basis in the Quran, Sunnah/Ahlulbayt and our teachings has become prevalent and honestly it is a disastrous way to be making key life decisions. 

Watch this video , or skip to the labelled parts about Rosary Beads/Quran:

Like all ridiculous practices i give it one or two generations of education , so maybe 20-40 years before it becomes slowly phased out once people get educated.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 2/12/2024 at 2:26 AM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

@Ibn al-Hussain You've grown up to be a fine young man! Proud of you donny

Shiachat unbelievably has an advert for this scam and sham.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
47 minutes ago, In Gods Name said:

Shiachat unbelievably has an advert for this scam and sham.

Just because you don't believe in Istikhara, you can't call it a scam and sham. Do your research, please. Istikhara was taught by Imams AS. 

Istikhara: Seeking The Best From Allah   Get PDF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Just because you don't believe in Istikhara, you can't call it a scam and sham. Do your research, please. Istikhara was taught by Imams AS. 

Istikhara: Seeking The Best From Allah   Get PDF

I do believe in Istikhara, it is one of the most important ways of obtaining reliance on God.

However, using rosary beads and flipping pages of the Quran as brother Ibn al Hussain has pointed out, a Hawzah student and now Alim who has performed

deep research into this area, has no basis in the Quran, the Sunnah and the teachings of the Prophet saw

The advert is fraudulent. It has no basis, and i have now made it hujjah on anyone responsible on here to act accordingly, if they wish.

 

Edited by In Gods Name
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
13 minutes ago, In Gods Name said:

has no basis in the Quran, the Sunnah and the teachings of the Prophet saw

The Holy Ahlul Bayt AS do not go against the Holy Qur'an, the Sunnah or the Prophet SA.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Hameedeh said:

The Holy Ahlul Bayt AS do not go against the Holy Qur'an, the Sunnah or the Prophet SA.   

Yes, i fully agree with you. Which is why they never taught any of this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
On 2/11/2024 at 9:40 PM, In Gods Name said:

Bismillah 

Salam,

Brother Ibn al Hussain excellently debunks the ludicrous common practice among Shia Muslims to almost do coin tosses with rosary beads, or flick pages of the Quran or pay con-artistists (maybe themselves misguided) to flick pages of the Quran.

Istikhara as per the view of most Muslims is a Salah, and asking God to guide you, and illuminate the best path for you, both in your heart and life. It should really be in my view, something we do all the time.

However, unfortunately, a deviant practice with no basis in the Quran, Sunnah/Ahlulbayt and our teachings has become prevalent and honestly it is a disastrous way to be making key life decisions. 

Watch this video , or skip to the labelled parts about Rosary Beads/Quran:

Like all ridiculous practices i give it one or two generations of education , so maybe 20-40 years before it becomes slowly phased out once people get educated.

 

The method of rosary beads, sounds my fate is with propabilities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
1 minute ago, In Gods Name said:

Yes, i fully agree with you. Which is why they never taught any of this.

Did you bother to read the first chapter of the book that I posted above?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
16 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Did you bother to read the first chapter of the book that I posted above?

Section 1 includes the words: Istikhara: As Taught by the Ahl al‑Bait 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Just now, Hameedeh said:

Section 1 includes the words: Istikhara: As Taught by the Ahl al‑Bait 

al-islam is not fool proof, the website contains tens of thousands of books, and what i am saying is, this has been researched by ibn al hussain, he has made a video and clearly stated this practice has no reliable basis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
22 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

The method of rosary beads, sounds my fate is with propabilities. 

It's a mockery of Allah isn't it?

Why not roll a dice? 1-6

and put an outcome for each number 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 2/12/2024 at 2:26 AM, SO SOLID SHIA said:

@Ibn al-Hussain You've grown up to be a fine young man! Proud of you donny

The brother with the Kim Jong Un photo linked a website before with Iskithara packages, and i thought it was a parody or something off a con website, but it was on SC itself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
5 hours ago, In Gods Name said:

this has been researched by ibn al hussain, he has made a video and clearly stated this practice has no reliable basis.

You whole of baseless argument is based on rhetoric of a infamous anti Shia Nasibi who has no qualification in any field of Islamic science which his rhetoric is just based on his grudge against Shia Islam & shia muslims so therefore it has no credibility for both of Sunni & Shia muslisms. :einstein::book::censored: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Random man : Today I wore a long white dress for men. It was Arabian style so I believed it was a thobe

@Ashvazdanghe : your whole style is based off famous crossdresser anti Shia American funded CIA mossad sponsored British musician boy George which is infamous rhetoric of Anti Islamic Abu Lahab propaganda you are MI6 infiltrator in fashion industry with racism racists because based off dress was white so was founded by KKK grand Wizard Nathan Forrest

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 2/14/2024 at 5:47 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

You whole of baseless argument is based on rhetoric of a infamous anti Shia Nasibi who has no qualification in any field of Islamic science which his rhetoric is just based on his grudge against Shia Islam & shia muslims so therefore it has no credibility for both of Sunni & Shia muslisms. :einstein::book::censored: 

My dear beloved brother, you forgot to include Wahhabi in there somewhere. Please submit a second draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Basic Members

@In Gods Name What do you say to the statements of the Maraja' in the linked text, specifically Imam Khomeini, Allamah Tabataba'i, Ayatollah Shahid Dasthaghaib Shirazi, and Ayatollah Bahjat, may Allah reward them all, explicitly stating the permissibility of doing istikhara via beads or via the Quran?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
6 hours ago, M. Soroush said:

@In Gods Name What do you say to the statements of the Maraja' in the linked text, specifically Imam Khomeini, Allamah Tabataba'i, Ayatollah Shahid Dasthaghaib Shirazi, and Ayatollah Bahjat, may Allah reward them all, explicitly stating the permissibility of doing istikhara via beads or via the Quran?

The reasoning given is that some scholars did it, and so they rely on that.

But the pope and priests justify all sorts of Khurafat with no basis in Jesus either.

The Quran even reprimands those who blindly follow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Basic Members

So your own ijtihad is "hujjah on anyone responsible on here to act accordingly," but the ijtihad of the maraja' will not be an argument during the reckoning? The Ahl al-Bayt tell us that to imitate blindly means to follow open sinners, not disagreeing with the evidence of the verdicts of the jurisprudents. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, M. Soroush said:

So your own ijtihad is "hujjah on anyone responsible on here to act accordingly," but the ijtihad of the maraja' will not be an argument during the reckoning? The Ahl al-Bayt tell us that to imitate blindly means to follow open sinners, not disagreeing with the evidence of the verdicts of the jurisprudents. 

Please provide for me any reliable evidence of Istikhara being done this way by any of the Aimmah?

Let me make the challenge easier, if you provide for me a single piece of reliable evidence, i will make a public apology and if you wish, make a bold claim to never post again on the forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Basic Members

What is authoritative on the non-experts in the halal and haram is the statement of the jurists. I am content to have you continue posting, because I know that operating opposite to you safeguards my religion and your comments make excellent content for my lessons. May Allah guide all of us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
8 hours ago, M. Soroush said:

What is authoritative on the non-experts in the halal and haram is the statement of the jurists. I am content to have you continue posting, because I know that operating opposite to you safeguards my religion and your comments make excellent content for my lessons. May Allah guide all of us.

The jurists debate this issue. Indeed, if you go back far enough to the times of our classical scholars, such as Shaykh as -Saduq, Shaykh Mufid, etc, you won't find precedent for this. There are modern day scholars who also dispute these method of Istikhara. In fact, the majority of the Ahlus-sunnah wal jamaah also dispute such methods.

You only start seeing this after the 7th century, well after our classical scholars and a significant time after the Imams.

So ask yourself, if the Imams and the Prophet did not themselves use beads, papers, or flick pages of the noble Quran, who has the right to claim such methods are valid?

<>

Ultimately, if i have made this evidence Hujjah on you, and if you deem it proper without any valid evidence to continue doing this, at best, you are going to probably be coin tossing on key life decisions and hopefully not come to harm.

At worst, you are not going to get any guidance from Allah and be gambling away your Dunyah and Akhirah.

<>

I can only wish you well as my Muslim brother in Islam. I wish goodness for you, and may Allah guide us all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...