In the Name of God بسم الله

I did Istekhara and now I’m lost

Rate this topic

Diaz

• Advanced Member

Salam everyone, yesterday I check the ads in shiachat about istekhara from istekharanow. Basically they have free trail for frist time only. I made an account and made a request. So my question was regarding my education, the sheikh sent me  a confused voice note which is hard to understand, he said a note saying it’s “Inauspicious” and sent me a verse 28 of surat al kahf, can someone explain what’s that suppose to mean? 

• Advanced Member

They make it a bit vague to entice you to sign up and  well......I seriously hope  you opted for the deluxe package . ONLY 25 istikhara credits for 9.99. It doesn't matter if that didn't make sense, you can use up another token inshaAllah and the lucky dip generator will pick another sheikh. Since I'm a platinum member, I only get Syeds to do my istikhara and along with my Spotify and netflix I can have up to 1 more household on my account. It's like Istikhara galore over here brother !!!!! Allahu Akbar..I think you didn't get a syed, it's a bit of a hit and miss . 

A little tip...watching an advert gets you a free istikhara. If you use my code RELIGION45aL3 you can get 3 extra ones and also fast track access to shiamatch without signing in to see pictures !!!!

Screenshot_20240211-021914~2.png

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA

• Advanced Member

Just get yourself an istikhara book, it's basically Quran but designed for istikhara and do it yourself, i'll attach a pic once i get home. Just do the 2rakah istikhara prayer and do the istikhara duaa and then open the book and see what comes up. The verse will come up and on the side it will tell you the meaning along with whether what you asked for is good or bad etc. pretty straightforward. 

Goodluck

xo

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, 123xo said:

Just get yourself an istikhara book, it's basically Quran but designed for istikhara and do it yourself, i'll attach a pic once i get home. Just do the 2rakah istikhara prayer and do the istikhara duaa and then open the book and see what comes up. The verse will come up and on the side it will tell you the meaning along with whether what you asked for is good or bad etc. pretty straightforward. 

Goodluck

xo

Thank you sister, pls don’t forget I will be waiting. 

6 hours ago, Abu_Zahra said:

Wa alaikum as salam 

This video is a bit long but it will probably end up saving you some money

Thanks brother I will watch it tonight.

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Diaz said:

Salam everyone, yesterday I check the ads in shiachat about istekhara from istekharanow. Basically they have free trail for frist time only. I made an account and made a request. So my question was regarding my education, the sheikh sent me  a confused voice note which is hard to understand, he said a note saying it’s “Inauspicious” and sent me a verse 28 of surat al kahf, can someone explain what’s that suppose to mean? 

I would say about 99 percent of the time people use Istikhara for an invalid purpose. If u can figure out something using logic and information / research then doing Istikhara is invalid and the answer you will get won't help u. This is because Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is telling u ' I already gave u a way to figure this out' ie your brain and information which Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) put at your disposal and also experts or other trusted people in your life who can help you. So these resources are enough to make 99.9 percent of the decisions u need to make

Many people use Istikhara because their logic and research is telling them to do one thing and they don't actually want to do it or vis versa. So they do Istikhara until they get the answer they want, which is the wrong answer and they end up suffering bad consequences because of this. As it says in the Quran you might love something but that thing is harmful for you and you might hate something but that thing is good for you. 

So instead of jumping to Istikhara, you should ask yourself whether you can figure it out using the tools that Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has already given u.

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, 123xo said:

Goodluck

xo

Salam,

This is something i really have a big problem understanding.

Istikhara in terms of praying Salah and then asking Allah to make the right way become more clear to you, to open the doors for you, makes perfect sense.

However, opening up a book and then just flicking pages around and then hitting the finger on one page honestly, i struggle myself to find any shred of evidence in terms of what the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) did. It in fact is not even done by Sunnis in this way and it does sound to have emerged culturally and then stuck.

And if it is proven it has no basis, it's one of the most ridiculous and dangerous ways of ascertaining what to do with ones life.

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, Abu_Zahra said:

Wa alaikum as salam 

This video is a bit long but it will probably end up saving you some money

Brother @Ibn al-Hussain has knocked it out of the park with this one.

People using Rosary beads and flicking pages of the Quran come 600-700 years after the Imams and they honestly make such little sense.

Imagine getting a Quran App that randomly picks out a verse of the Quran for you! or using Rosary beads.

Yet it's so prevalent today. 

Wake up brothers and sisters, before even digging this kind of behaviour sounds ridiculous. How is flicking beads asking Gods divine guidance? Where did our intellect fail us?

• Advanced Member
25 minutes ago, In Gods Name said:

Salam,

This is something i really have a big problem understanding.

Istikhara in terms of praying Salah and then asking Allah to make the right way become more clear to you, to open the doors for you, makes perfect sense.

However, opening up a book and then just flicking pages around and then hitting the finger on one page honestly, i struggle myself to find any shred of evidence in terms of what the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) did. It in fact is not even done by Sunnis in this way and it does sound to have emerged culturally and then stuck.

And if it is proven it has no basis, it's one of the most ridiculous and dangerous ways of ascertaining what to do with ones life.

It's Quran verses though, so what's the issue ? All you're doing is asking Allah for guidance and then open the Quran and see which verse comes up. Stop complicating things my friend. If you think it's wrong then don't do it. 

• Advanced Member
Just now, 123xo said:

It's Quran verses though, so what's the issue ? All you're doing is asking Allah for guidance and then open the Quran and see which verse comes up. Stop complicating things my friend. If you think it's wrong then don't do it. 

The thing is sister, what if i told you such a thing had no basis in the teachings of the Ahlulbayt?

We can't find a single authentic narration to support it. The Imams never actually can be proven to teach it.

What's worse sister, when we look at Sunnis , they even agree with us - there are no reliable narrations even in their books or ours, about flicking pages of the Quran.

The danger is sister, if we claim such a thing is what Allah uses to guide us in this specific way, when Allah himself has not given any authority or has spoken on the issue.

So just imagine people randomly flicking pages of the Quran, deluding themselves even with the best of intentions that Allah is guiding them, when Allah may well reply that he has never mandated or allowed such a thing, and in a sense they are abusing the Quran in a way God never himself mandated.

<>

Isikhara was never intended to be a coin toss. It was meant to be a prayer, and then asking God to open the doors and illuminate ones heart. But somehow it was turned by some Shias into a coin toss that has no basis in what even the Prophet and his family did.

And not just that, a coin toss in some of lifes most important decisions. 

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, SO SOLID SHIA said:

They make it a bit vague to entice you to sign up and  well......I seriously hope  you opted for the deluxe package . ONLY 25 istikhara credits for 9.99. It doesn't matter if that didn't make sense, you can use up another token inshaAllah and the lucky dip generator will pick another sheikh. Since I'm a platinum member, I only get Syeds to do my istikhara and along with my Spotify and netflix I can have up to 1 more household on my account. It's like Istikhara galore over here brother !!!!! Allahu Akbar..I think you didn't get a syed, it's a bit of a hit and miss . 

A little tip...watching an advert gets you a free istikhara. If you use my code RELIGION45aL3 you can get 3 extra ones and also fast track access to shiamatch without signing in to see pictures !!!!

Screenshot_20240211-021914~2.png

This is a dangerous joke.

Paying someone to flick a Quran or beads, which itself has no basis in Islam or even the teachings of Muhammed saw and his family, and then charging for it, for lifes most important decisions lol.

It's paying someone to perform a coin toss.

And isn't the point of Istikhara for God to illuminate the heart of someone who has a clear vested interest, and link to the outcome? Rather than some guy flicking pages or beads aimlessly en-masse lol like some sort of coin toss factory.

As for ShiaMatch, if someone can keep things halal and ensure they do so, there are far better Apps.

Edited by In Gods Name

• Advanced Member

What makes me laugh is that in the advert it says 'Confidential, DEPENDABLE...'

:hahaha: of course it is...it's from the Quran.

Brother @Diaz I meant no disrespect to YOU. Just the fact that these things are taken for jokes and monetised. What makes THEIR Quran openings more qualified than yours ? Allah has given you the wisdom and instincts to reflect on signs in your life. If you are unsure about something , maybe consult 2 or 3 wise trustworthy friends and see what they say. If it's something you don't want to share with people then perform your own vigils and ask Allah to guide you, he will give you answers and show you signs. Maybe perform the night prayer for a week every night if you don't already and perform dhikr, give some charity , feed the needy , meditate and go deep inside your mind. You will definitely know what to do. Don't give your power away to these people who treat your situation as just another business transaction keeping tabs on how many credits you have left. If you feel you need to ask somebody who wears the pious garms and a turban then go and sit with one of those and discuss. These things deserve a lot of care, attention and deep insights. If it is a huge life changing decision then definitely this place doesn't seem like the right place to go....with that being said I don't know these people behind it and am sure they are well intentioned and am sure they donate the money to charity also...in which case perhaps ask to speak with one of the dudes over the phone...but judging by the response you got it seems like they were working on a backlog. 

I would like to add that I would be happy to Pay them to teach me how to do it for example ...you may have heard the saying 'Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Peace Esse

They put the disclaimer here also in case what they tell you was a good thing and ends up backfiring 

'Please note IstekharaNow is not liable for any harm or damages related to the results of the Istekhara.'

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, In Gods Name said:

What's worse sister, when we look at Sunnis , they even agree with us - there are no reliable narrations even in their books or ours, about flicking pages of the Quran.

Salam you are denying it just due to your grudge against Shia Islam & shia muslims although it has been proved by Sunni narrations too which doing Istikhara has been approved by Ibn hjar Asqalani although his grudge against  Shia Islam & shia muslims which I know you will accuse me to copying and pasting for denying truth anyway I mention it for record.

Sunni Istikhara

(28)Chapter: What is recited in the two Rak'a (Sunna) of the Fajr(28)بَابُ مَا جَاءَ فِي التَّطَوُّعِ مَثْنَى مَثْنَى
Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah:

The Prophet (p.b.u.h) used to teach us the way of doing Istikhara (Istikhara means to ask Allah to guide one to the right sort of action concerning any job or a deed), in all matters as he taught us the Suras of the Qur'an. He said, "If anyone of you thinks of doing any job he should offer a two rak`at prayer other than the compulsory ones and say (after the prayer): 

حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنُ أَبِي الْمَوَالِي، عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ الْمُنْكَدِرِ، عَنْ جَابِرِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ـ رضى الله عنهما ـ قَالَ كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يُعَلِّمُنَا الاِسْتِخَارَةَ فِي الأُمُورِ كَمَا يُعَلِّمُنَا السُّورَةَ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ يَقُولُ ‏ "‏ إِذَا هَمَّ أَحَدُكُمْ بِالأَمْرِ فَلْيَرْكَعْ رَكْعَتَيْنِ مِنْ غَيْرِ الْفَرِيضَةِ ثُمَّ لِيَقُلِ اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْتَخِيرُكَ بِعِلْمِكَ وَأَسْتَقْدِرُكَ بِقُدْرَتِكَ، وَأَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ فَضْلِكَ الْعَظِيمِ، فَإِنَّكَ تَقْدِرُ وَلاَ أَقْدِرُ وَتَعْلَمُ وَلاَ أَعْلَمُ وَأَنْتَ عَلاَّمُ الْغُيُوبِ، اللَّهُمَّ إِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَا الأَمْرَ خَيْرٌ لِي فِي دِينِي وَمَعَاشِي وَعَاقِبَةِ أَمْرِي ـ أَوْ قَالَ عَاجِلِ أَمْرِي وَآجِلِهِ ـ فَاقْدُرْهُ لِي وَيَسِّرْهُ لِي ثُمَّ بَارِكْ لِي فِيهِ، وَإِنْ كُنْتَ تَعْلَمُ أَنَّ هَذَا الأَمْرَ شَرٌّ لِي فِي دِينِي وَمَعَاشِي وَعَاقِبَةِ أَمْرِي ـ أَوْ قَالَ فِي عَاجِلِ أَمْرِي وَآجِلِهِ ـ فَاصْرِفْهُ عَنِّي وَاصْرِفْنِي عَنْهُ، وَاقْدُرْ لِي الْخَيْرَ حَيْثُ كَانَ ثُمَّ أَرْضِنِي بِهِ ـ قَالَ ـ وَيُسَمِّي حَاجَتَهُ ‏"‏‏.‏

Narrated Jabir bin `Abdullah: The Prophet (p.b.u.h) used to teach us the way of doing Istikhara (Istikhara means to ask Allah to guide one to the right sort of action concerning any job or a deed), in all matters as he taught us the Suras of the Qur'an. He said, "If anyone of you thinks of doing any job he should offer a two rak`at prayer other than the compulsory ones and say (after the prayer): -- 'Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi'ilmika, Wa astaqdiruka bi-qudratika, Wa as'alaka min fadlika Al-`azlm Fa-innaka taqdiru Wala aqdiru, Wa ta'lamu Wala a'lamu, Wa anta 'allamu l-ghuyub. Allahumma, in kunta ta'lam anna hadha-lamra Khairun li fi dini wa ma'ashi wa'aqibati `Amri (or 'ajili `Amri wa'ajilihi) Faqdirhu wa yas-sirhu li thumma barik li Fihi, Wa in kunta ta'lamu anna hadha-lamra shar-run li fi dini wa ma'ashi wa'aqibati `Amri (or fi'ajili `Amri wa ajilihi) Fasrifhu anni was-rifni anhu. Waqdir li al-khaira haithu kana Thumma ardini bihi.' (O Allah! I ask guidance from Your knowledge, And Power from Your Might and I ask for Your great blessings. You are capable and I am not. You know and I do not and You know the unseen. O Allah! If You know that this job is good for my religion and my subsistence and in my Hereafter--(or said: If it is better for my present and later needs)--Then You ordain it for me and make it easy for me to get, And then bless me in it, and if You know that this job is harmful to me In my religion and subsistence and in the Hereafter--(or said: If it is worse for my present and later needs)--Then keep it away from me and let me be away from it. And ordain for me whatever is good for me, And make me satisfied with it). The Prophet (ﷺ) added that then the person should name (mention) his need.

Sahih al-Bukhari 1166
https://sunnah.com/bukhari:1166

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/19/45

Ibn Hajr said, commenting on this hadith: "Istikharah is a word which means asking Allah to help one make a choice, meaning choosing the best of two things where one needs to choose one of them."

With the salaa completed one should immediately say the supplication of Istikhaara.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salat_al-Istikharah

it's from a sunni site too

Outcome

You will NOT necessarily see a dream/vision/sign/etc. Allāh ﷻ will place a bit of inclination in your heart towards going through with the action or not.

Conclusion

Istikhāra is a natural process. Don't expect anything otherworldly. All istikhāra ensures is that you have the blessings of Allāh backing your choice. There is no istikhāra for Ḥarām actions (ex. Should I drink this alcohol?) or obligatory actions (ex. Should I pray ʿĪshāʾ today?). Do not regret your decision afterwards as doing so would be to regret and doubt in Allāh's guidance. Even if your decision "doesn't work out" how you envisioned, know that it was better for you and that there are blessings in it even if you can't see them yet.

https://www.istikhara.com/

Imam An-Nawawi holds that:

"After performing the Istikhara, a person must do what he is wholeheartedly inclined to do and feels good about doing and should not insist on doing what he had desired to do before making the istikhara. And if his feelings change, he should leave what he had intended to do, otherwise he is not completely leaving the choice to Allah, and would not be honest in seeking aid from Allah's power and knowledge. Sincerity in seeking Allah's choice, means that one should completely leave what he himself had desired or determined."

We must stop looking to the people of this world for guidance and we must begin to consult Allah. Allah says:

"Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)." (Surah Al-Imran: 3: 159)

Source: http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/Istikharaah.htm

https://www.islamicfinder.org/knowledge/islam-and-sunnah/istikhara-prayer-for-guidance/

https://muslim.sg/articles/how-to-pray-istikhara-step-by-step

From Shia side

al‑Imam al‑Sadiq (عليه السلام), said: "No servant asks Allah for the best seventy times in this method except that Allah gives him what is best ‑ and he should say:

يَا أَبْصَرَ النَّاظِرِينَ وَ يَأَ أَسْمَعَ السَّامِعِينَ وَ يَا أَسْرَعَ الْحَاسِبِينَ وَيَا أَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِيـنَ وَ أَحْكَمَ الْحَاكِمِينَ صَلَّ عَلىَ مُحَمَّدٍ وَ أَهْلِ بَيْتِهِ وَ خَرْلِي فِي الأَمْرِ الَّذِي أَرَدْتُ.

"O' the best Seer of Seers and O' the best Hearer of Hearers and O' the Quickest of Reckoners and O' the Most Merciful and O' the Judge of Judges! Send your blessings on Muhammad and his family and grant me the best in the action which 1 have intended to perform. "2

19) The Method of Seeking the Best from Imam al‑Baqir (عليه السلام)

قَالَ الإِمَامُ البَاقِرُ عَليهِ السَلامْ:

يَقُولُ مَا اسْتَخَارَ اللهَ عَبْدٌ قَطٌّ مِائَةَ مَرَّةٍ إِلاَّ رُمِيَ بِخِيَرَةِ الأَمْرَيْنِ يَقُولُ: ((أَللهُمَّ عَالِمَ الْغَيْبِ وَ الشَّهَادَةِ إِنْ كَانَ أَمْرُ كَذَا وَ كَذَا خَيْراً لِلأَمْرِ دُنْيَايَ وَ عَاجِلِ أَمْرِي وَ آجِلِهِ فَيَسِّرْهُ لِي وَ افْتَحْ لِي بابَهُ وَ رَضِّنِي فِيهِ بِقَضَائِكَ.))

al‑Imam al‑Baqir (عليه السلام), said: "There is no servant, who seeks the best from Allah one hundred times by saying the following except that Allah guides him to one of the two paths”. 427

أللَّهُمَّ عَالِمَ الْغَيْبِ وَ الشَّهَادَةِ إِنْ كَانَ أَمْرُ كَذَا وَ كَذَا خَيْراً لِلأَمْرِ دُنْيَايَ وَ آخِرَتِي وَ عَاجِلِ أَمْرِي وَ آجِلِهِ فَيَسِّرْهُ لِي وَ افْتَحْ لِي بَابَهُ وَ رَضِّني فِيهِ بِقَضَائِكَ.

"O' Allah the knower of the hidden and apparent. If in this action there is good for the affairs of my world and my hereafter, then make it easy for me and open up the doors of it for me and make my pleasure be in that which You have decreed. "

20)The method of `Seeking the Best' as practiced by Imam Jafar al‑Sadiq (عليه السلام)

قَالَ الإِمَامُ الصَّادِقُ عَليهِ السَلامْ:

تُعَظِّمُ اللهَ وَ تُمَجِّدُهُ وَ تَحْمِدُهُ وَتُصَلِّيَ عَلىَ النَّبِيِّ وَآلِهِ (عَلَيْهِمُ السَّلامُ) ثُمَّ تَقُولُ: ((أَللهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْئَلُكَ بِأَنَّكَ عَالِمُ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ وأَنْتَ عَلاَّمُ الْغُيُوبِ أَسْتَخِيرُ اللهَ بِرَحْمَتِهِ.)) إِنْ كَانَ الأَمْرُ شَدِيداً تَخَافُ فِيهِ قُلْتَهُ مِائَةَ مَرَّةٍ وَإِنْ كَانَ غَيْرُ ذَلِكَ فَثَلاَثَ مَرَّاتٍ.

al‑Imam al‑Sadiq (عليه السلام) said: "There is no servant of Allah 'that honor, glorifies and praises Allah, and sends blessings on the Prophet and his family (عليه السلام) and says:

أَللهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْئَلُكَ بِأَنَّكَ عَالِمُ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ وَأَنْتَ عَلاَّمُ الْغُيُوب أَسْتَخِيرُ اللهَ برَحْمَتِهِ

"O' Allah! Verily I ask you since verily You are the knower of the hidden and the apparent, the Beneficent, the Merciful and You are the knower of all the Unknowns. I seek the best from Allah by His mercy. "

If the matter is something important in which there is some fear or distress, then the above supplication should be read one hundred times and in other than this, it can be read three times. 528

21) The method of `Seeking the Best' from Imam Musa ibn Jafar al‑Kazim (as)

أَتَاهُ(مُو سَىَ بْنُ جَعْفِرِ عَليهِ السَلامْ ) فَقَال لَه:

جَعِلْتُ فِدَاك أرِيدُ وَجْهَ كَذَا و كَذَا فَعَلَّمْنِي اسْتخَارَةً إنْ كَانَ ذَلِكَ الْوجْهُ خَيْرَةٌ أَنْ يُسَيَّرُهُ اللهُ لِي وَإِنْ كَانَ شَرّاً صَرَّفَهُ اللهُ عَنِّي. فَقَالَ لَهُ: وَتُحِّبُ أَنْ تَخْرُجُ فِي ذَالِك الْوجهِ؟ قَالَ الرَّجُلُ: نَعَمْ. قَالَ: قُلْ ((أَللَّهمَّ قَدِّرْ لِي كَذَا وَ كَذَا واجْعَلْهُ خيراً لِي. فَإِنَّك تَقْدِرُ عَلىَ ذَالِكَ.))

A man enter into the presence of him (Musa ibn Jafar (as)) and said to him, `May 1 be sacrificed for you! I want to perform a certain task. Please teach me the way to ask the best (from Allah) such that if in that work, there is good for me, that Allah makes it easy for me, and if there is bad in it for me, then Allah makes me turn away from it. The Imam (عليه السلام) said to the man, "Do you want to do that task? " The man replied, "Yes. " The Imam replied, "Say the following (so that Allah makes what is good for you in the performance of that act):6

أَللَّهُمَّ قَدِّرْ لِي كَذَا وَ كَذَا وَ اجْعَلْهُ خَيْراً لِي. فَإنَّكَ تَقْدِرُ عَلىَ ذَالِكَ.

"O' Allah! Decree for me this and this and place goodness in it for me, since verily You are the one who Decrees in this. "

https://www.al-islam.org/istikhara-seeking-best-allah-(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)-muhammad-baqir-haideri/section-6-various-forms-istikhara-istikhara

• Advanced Member

The danger is sister, if we claim such a thing is what Allah uses to guide us in this specific way, when Allah himself has not given any authority or has spoken on the issue.

So just imagine people randomly flicking pages of the Quran, deluding themselves even with the best of intentions that Allah is guiding them, when Allah may well reply that he has never mandated or allowed such a thing, and in a sense they are abusing the Quran in a way God never himself mandated.

Imam 'Ali (‘as), it is incumbent upon a person of intellect to develop and mature in his own intellect by way of other intelligent people and from the deep knowledge and insight of others.

He, peace be upon him, has said:

حَقٌ عَلَى الْعَاقِلِ أَنْ يَضِيْفَ إلَى رَأَيِهِ رَأْيَ الْعُقَلاَّء وَيَضُمُّ إِلَى عِلْمِهِ عُلُومَ الْحُكَماءِ.

`It is incumbent on the person of intellect that he humble himself to the views and intelligence of the intellectuals and that he combine his knowledge with the knowledge of the wise people. " 12

Ghurur al‑Hikm, 4920

View of `Allamah Shahid Murtadha Mutahhari

"...What kind of talk is this that the `Ulama (only) must perform the Istikhara! How many problems this misconception has brought up! An `Alim is sitting in his house, busy studying or writing, the telephone rings and the person on the other end asks: `Sir! I am sorry to bother you, I need an Istikhara...'

Regardless, I myself perform Istikhara (for others), and I am not opposed to it, but it is better that each person performs an Istikhara for himself. Some people have even said that it is not allowed for a person to perform an Istikhara for someone else and everyone must perform it for himself!"

https://www.al-islam.org/istikhara-seeking-best-allah-(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)-muhammad-baqir-haideri/section-8-views-maraja-taqlid-and-scholars#view-ayatullah-khomeini

This is a dangerous joke.

Paying someone to flick a Quran or beads, which itself has no basis in Islam or even the teachings of Muhammed saw and his family, and then charging for it, for lifes most important decisions lol.

It's paying someone to perform a coin toss.

And isn't the point of Istikhara for God to illuminate the heart of someone who has a clear vested interest, and link to the outcome? Rather than some guy flicking pages or beads aimlessly en-masse lol like some sort of coin toss factory.

As for ShiaMatch, if someone can keep things halal and ensure they do so, there are far better Apps.

Seeking advice from the believers who have the ability to offer advice is one of the best ways to seek help and to add insight to one's thoughts. Before one proceeds with this form of seeking the best, he should perform the supplications and ask Allah for the best and then seek advice from others so that these supplications will give a better outcome to asking others for advice. It is through the supplications and the specific favours of Allah that the advice is given from others and guides one to what is truly the best for him.

In one of the verses of the Qur'an, Allah after mentioning and counting all of His powers and the blessings which He has showered says:

Or; Who answers the distressed one when he calls upon Him and removes the evil. (Surah Naml,27:62)

However, there are examples that people who are against Istikhara mention, such as the incident in which there was a girl who liked a young boy and in all ways, were compatible with each other, but after talking with one another, the Istikhara was performed and it came out 'bad' and the discussion ended there. Another example is about a person who wanted to purchase a house. Everything was fine and in all ways, the house was ideal ‑ he performed an Istikhara and it came out bad, so he decided not to purchase the house.

It is clear that the reply to them and thousands of people like these regarding the Istikhara (and the proper use of it), is that in instances such as these, only one who has no intelligence, who is defiant, and who does not have a correct understanding of the Istikhara would perform it in these instances.

It also goes without saying that the ahadith that have come to us with regards to the Istikhara have not promised us that we will reach our goal without any troubles or difficulties. Rather, that which has been promised is that whosoever asks Allah for good, will be granted good. If it is good for the person in his worldly life, then he will be granted his wish; and if it not, then it will be stored for him and bestowed upon him in the next world."

In the event that he is not able to come to a conclusion (if what is good for him is in that act), then he must ask others for advice and let his decision lie on the advice of others ‑ those who are able to offer advice and have the ability to distinguish between good and bad.

He should rely on their rationale to come to a conclusion whether to proceed with an action or to leave it. If this route too does not produce results, then he is left with no other alternative except that he pleads to His Lord and asks Him for guidance to what is truly best for him.

In reality, this is the Istikhara. This must not be referred to as `gaining knowledge of the unseen' or an incursion on Allah's guardianship and mastership upon us.

In summary, there is no responsibility on the religion when one performs an Istikhara, since the Istikhara does nothing except determine which way a person should act. The Istikhara does not change the rules of Allah nor does it inform the servant of Allah that what is hidden behind the curtains of Allah's knowledge. The only thing that an Istikhara does is declare: "That what is in the prime interest of a person who is seeking the best is in the performance or non‑performance of an act."

https://www.al-islam.org/istikhara-seeking-best-allah-(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)-muhammad-baqir-haideri/section-6-various-forms-istikhara-istikhara

• Advanced Member
On 2/11/2024 at 4:55 AM, Diaz said:

he said a note saying it’s “Inauspicious” and sent me a verse 28 of surat al kahf, can someone explain what’s that suppose to mean? 

Salam

Surah: Kahf (18) verse 28.

The result of Istikhara is not to do it.

The overall result is bad.

You will encounter materialistic people. There is a danger to your reputation. it must be left.

The result of marriage, this case is not a good case at all, it must be left.

As a result of the transaction, you will make a huge loss. Do not do it, and if not, you will regret it.

https://www.aviny.com/استخاره/297

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam

You will encounter materialistic people. There is a danger to your reputation. it must be left.

As a result of the transaction, you will make a huge loss. Do not do it, and if not, you will regret it.

SubhanAllah, is this what we've done to the Quran? Turned it into a fortune cookie?

Even Sunnis don't do this, and we have no reliable basis to do this even in the ahadith the school of ale Muhammed.

Istikhara is asking the guidance of God, and now there's apparently an app that automates this all. This honestly sad.

Edited by In Gods Name

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, In Gods Name said:

ubhanAllah, is this what we've done to the Quran? Turned it into a fortune cookie?

Salam you are insulting to holy Quran by calling it a fortune cookie because in opposition of you , Shias see it as best divine  guide book  which Istikhara is just a procedure for finding best guidance from it .

14 hours ago, In Gods Name said:

, and now there's apparently an app that automates this all. This honestly sad.

This is likewise you say that Quranic apps are wrong because you can read holy Quran by cutting edge technology  .

• Advanced Member
22 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam

Please brother, give us the exact statements of the Prophet or the Imams where they claimed this paticular verse will lead to encountering materialistic people, danger to reputation, bad marriage, huge loss ?

Where's the proof?

And please name me any Prophet or Imam, a single one, that would flick pages of the Quran and then randomly pick a verse like this?

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, In Gods Name said:

Please brother, give us the exact statements of the Prophet or the Imams where they claimed this paticular verse will lead to encountering materialistic people, danger to reputation, bad marriage, huge loss ?

This is interpretation of experts which is beyond your understanding which your mindset is mindset of a troll for opposing shia muslisms. 

7 minutes ago, In Gods Name said:

And please name me any Prophet or Imam, a single one, that would flick pages of the Quran and then randomly pick a verse like this?

22 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

From Shia side

al‑Imam al‑Sadiq (عليه السلام), said: "No servant asks Allah for the best seventy times in this method except that Allah gives him what is best ‑ and he should say:

يَا أَبْصَرَ النَّاظِرِينَ وَ يَأَ أَسْمَعَ السَّامِعِينَ وَ يَا أَسْرَعَ الْحَاسِبِينَ وَيَا أَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِيـنَ وَ أَحْكَمَ الْحَاكِمِينَ صَلَّ عَلىَ مُحَمَّدٍ وَ أَهْلِ بَيْتِهِ وَ خَرْلِي فِي الأَمْرِ الَّذِي أَرَدْتُ.

"O' the best Seer of Seers and O' the best Hearer of Hearers and O' the Quickest of Reckoners and O' the Most Merciful and O' the Judge of Judges! Send your blessings on Muhammad and his family and grant me the best in the action which 1 have intended to perform. "2

19) The Method of Seeking the Best from Imam al‑Baqir (عليه السلام)

قَالَ الإِمَامُ البَاقِرُ عَليهِ السَلامْ:

يَقُولُ مَا اسْتَخَارَ اللهَ عَبْدٌ قَطٌّ مِائَةَ مَرَّةٍ إِلاَّ رُمِيَ بِخِيَرَةِ الأَمْرَيْنِ يَقُولُ: ((أَللهُمَّ عَالِمَ الْغَيْبِ وَ الشَّهَادَةِ إِنْ كَانَ أَمْرُ كَذَا وَ كَذَا خَيْراً لِلأَمْرِ دُنْيَايَ وَ عَاجِلِ أَمْرِي وَ آجِلِهِ فَيَسِّرْهُ لِي وَ افْتَحْ لِي بابَهُ وَ رَضِّنِي فِيهِ بِقَضَائِكَ.))

al‑Imam al‑Baqir (عليه السلام), said: "There is no servant, who seeks the best from Allah one hundred times by saying the following except that Allah guides him to one of the two paths”. 427

أللَّهُمَّ عَالِمَ الْغَيْبِ وَ الشَّهَادَةِ إِنْ كَانَ أَمْرُ كَذَا وَ كَذَا خَيْراً لِلأَمْرِ دُنْيَايَ وَ آخِرَتِي وَ عَاجِلِ أَمْرِي وَ آجِلِهِ فَيَسِّرْهُ لِي وَ افْتَحْ لِي بَابَهُ وَ رَضِّني فِيهِ بِقَضَائِكَ.

"O' Allah the knower of the hidden and apparent. If in this action there is good for the affairs of my world and my hereafter, then make it easy for me and open up the doors of it for me and make my pleasure be in that which You have decreed. "

20)The method of `Seeking the Best' as practiced by Imam Jafar al‑Sadiq (عليه السلام)

قَالَ الإِمَامُ الصَّادِقُ عَليهِ السَلامْ:

تُعَظِّمُ اللهَ وَ تُمَجِّدُهُ وَ تَحْمِدُهُ وَتُصَلِّيَ عَلىَ النَّبِيِّ وَآلِهِ (عَلَيْهِمُ السَّلامُ) ثُمَّ تَقُولُ: ((أَللهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْئَلُكَ بِأَنَّكَ عَالِمُ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ وأَنْتَ عَلاَّمُ الْغُيُوبِ أَسْتَخِيرُ اللهَ بِرَحْمَتِهِ.)) إِنْ كَانَ الأَمْرُ شَدِيداً تَخَافُ فِيهِ قُلْتَهُ مِائَةَ مَرَّةٍ وَإِنْ كَانَ غَيْرُ ذَلِكَ فَثَلاَثَ مَرَّاتٍ.

al‑Imam al‑Sadiq (عليه السلام) said: "There is no servant of Allah 'that honor, glorifies and praises Allah, and sends blessings on the Prophet and his family (عليه السلام) and says:

أَللهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْئَلُكَ بِأَنَّكَ عَالِمُ الْغَيْبِ وَالشَّهَادَةِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ وَأَنْتَ عَلاَّمُ الْغُيُوب أَسْتَخِيرُ اللهَ برَحْمَتِهِ

"O' Allah! Verily I ask you since verily You are the knower of the hidden and the apparent, the Beneficent, the Merciful and You are the knower of all the Unknowns. I seek the best from Allah by His mercy. "

If the matter is something important in which there is some fear or distress, then the above supplication should be read one hundred times and in other than this, it can be read three times. 528

21) The method of `Seeking the Best' from Imam Musa ibn Jafar al‑Kazim (as)

أَتَاهُ(مُو سَىَ بْنُ جَعْفِرِ عَليهِ السَلامْ ) فَقَال لَه:

جَعِلْتُ فِدَاك أرِيدُ وَجْهَ كَذَا و كَذَا فَعَلَّمْنِي اسْتخَارَةً إنْ كَانَ ذَلِكَ الْوجْهُ خَيْرَةٌ أَنْ يُسَيَّرُهُ اللهُ لِي وَإِنْ كَانَ شَرّاً صَرَّفَهُ اللهُ عَنِّي. فَقَالَ لَهُ: وَتُحِّبُ أَنْ تَخْرُجُ فِي ذَالِك الْوجهِ؟ قَالَ الرَّجُلُ: نَعَمْ. قَالَ: قُلْ ((أَللَّهمَّ قَدِّرْ لِي كَذَا وَ كَذَا واجْعَلْهُ خيراً لِي. فَإِنَّك تَقْدِرُ عَلىَ ذَالِكَ.))

A man enter into the presence of him (Musa ibn Jafar (as)) and said to him, `May 1 be sacrificed for you! I want to perform a certain task. Please teach me the way to ask the best (from Allah) such that if in that work, there is good for me, that Allah makes it easy for me, and if there is bad in it for me, then Allah makes me turn away from it. The Imam (عليه السلام) said to the man, "Do you want to do that task? " The man replied, "Yes. " The Imam replied, "Say the following (so that Allah makes what is good for you in the performance of that act):6

أَللَّهُمَّ قَدِّرْ لِي كَذَا وَ كَذَا وَ اجْعَلْهُ خَيْراً لِي. فَإنَّكَ تَقْدِرُ عَلىَ ذَالِكَ.

"O' Allah! Decree for me this and this and place goodness in it for me, since verily You are the one who Decrees in this. "

Expand  

• Advanced Member

Guys chill, I didn’t do it because I wanted help, I did it because I was bored and it was for free lol However I was shocked when the sheikh said Inauspicious. 

• Advanced Member
On 2/10/2024 at 8:25 PM, Diaz said:

Ask someone you know to do it. My mother does it for me.

• Advanced Member
On 2/13/2024 at 9:31 AM, Ahmad8888 said:

You're not supposed to be getting people to do it. Istikhara should be something you do yourself to pray to Allah to guide you.

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Diaz said:

Guys chill, I didn’t do it because I wanted help, I did it because I was bored and it was for free lol However I was shocked when the sheikh said Inauspicious. 

The Shaykh might have good intentions, but he has absolutely no authority and no real clue what on earth he is doing. What he is doing has no basis in the Quran and Hadith in both sects, and you might as well go to a fun-fair fortune teller in a tent.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Ahmad8888 said:

My neighbor told me his mother use to do this when it comes to going to school :hahaha:

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, In Gods Name said:

You're not supposed to be getting people to do it. Istikhara should be something you do yourself to pray to Allah to guide you.

Someone can do it with your niyah. It worked for me.

Edited by Ahmad8888

• Advanced Member
9 minutes ago, Ahmad8888 said:

Someone can do it with your niyah. It worked for me.

My Hindu friend told me it worked for him praying to Ghanesh. Can you see how anyone can use anecdotal evidence to prove their own claims?

What matters my dear brother in Islam, is where is the proof in the Quran and the teachings of the Prophet and his family? There is no basis for this.

Istikhara is a personal call to Allah, to guide you. It needs to come from your heart, your prayer. It makes next to no sense to get someone else to do it for you. At the very least you should do it too.

And by Istikhara i mean making Dua, praying to Allah and asking him to guide you and make the way easier or show itself.

Not this jahil Quran coin toss flipping going on which is like using a fortune cookie at a fun-fair fortune teller tent. 

Edited by In Gods Name

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, In Gods Name said:

My Hindu friend told me it worked for him praying to Ghanesh. Can you see how anyone can use anecdotal evidence to prove their own claims?

What matters my dear brother in Islam, is where is the proof in the Quran and the teachings of the Prophet and his family? There is no basis for this.

Istikhara is a personal call to Allah, to guide you. It needs to come from your heart, your prayer. It makes next to no sense to get someone else to do it for you. At the very least you should do it too.

And by Istikhara i mean making Dua, praying to Allah and asking him to guide you and make the way easier or show itself.

Not this jahil Quran coin toss flipping going on which is like using a fortune cookie at a fun-fair fortune teller tent. 

And your basis for discrediting this "jahil Quran coin toss flipping" being? You haven't really provided good evidence for your claims other than telling me "its not in the Quran or teachings of ahlulbayt". What have the maraji said about it?  More specifically sayed sistani and khamenaei? 

Edited by Ahmad8888

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ahmad8888 said:

You haven't really provided good evidence for your claims other than telling me "its not in the Quran or teachings of ahlulbayt

This is pretty much the crux though isn't it? If it isn't based on Quran and Hadith, then it is baseless from an Islamic perspective. 

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Abu_Zahra said:

This is pretty much the crux though isn't it? If it isn't based on Quran and Hadith, then it is baseless from an Islamic perspective. 

Is it absent from the quran and ahlul bayt? What do maraji who have studied these things in detail said about it?

• Advanced Member
On 2/13/2024 at 5:22 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

This is interpretation of experts which is beyond your understanding which your mindset is mindset of a troll for opposing shia muslisms

On 2/12/2024 at 6:42 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

you are denying it just due to your grudge against Shia Islam & shia muslims

On 2/12/2024 at 6:58 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Imam 'Ali (‘as), it is incumbent upon a person of intellect to develop and mature in his own intellect by way of other intelligent people and from the deep knowledge and insight of others.

He, peace be upon him, has said:

حَقٌ عَلَى الْعَاقِلِ أَنْ يَضِيْفَ إلَى رَأَيِهِ رَأْيَ الْعُقَلاَّء وَيَضُمُّ إِلَى عِلْمِهِ عُلُومَ الْحُكَماءِ.

`It is incumbent on the person of intellect that he humble himself to the views and intelligence of the intellectuals and that he combine his knowledge with the knowledge of the wise people. " 12

Ghurur al‑Hikm, 4920

View of `Allamah Shahid Murtadha Mutahhari

"...What kind of talk is this that the `Ulama (only) must perform the Istikhara! How many problems this misconception has brought up! An `Alim is sitting in his house, busy studying or writing, the telephone rings and the person on the other end asks: `Sir! I am sorry to bother you, I need an Istikhara...'

Regardless, I myself perform Istikhara (for others), and I am not opposed to it, but it is better that each person performs an Istikhara for himself. Some people have even said that it is not allowed for a person to perform an Istikhara for someone else and everyone must perform it for himself!"

https://www.al-islam.org/istikhara-seeking-best-allah-(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)-muhammad-baqir-haideri/section-8-views-maraja-taqlid-and-scholars#view-ayatullah-khomeini

Seeking advice from the believers who have the ability to offer advice is one of the best ways to seek help and to add insight to one's thoughts. Before one proceeds with this form of seeking the best, he should perform the supplications and ask Allah for the best and then seek advice from others so that these supplications will give a better outcome to asking others for advice. It is through the supplications and the specific favours of Allah that the advice is given from others and guides one to what is truly the best for him.

In one of the verses of the Qur'an, Allah after mentioning and counting all of His powers and the blessings which He has showered says:

Or; Who answers the distressed one when he calls upon Him and removes the evil. (Surah Naml,27:62)

However, there are examples that people who are against Istikhara mention, such as the incident in which there was a girl who liked a young boy and in all ways, were compatible with each other, but after talking with one another, the Istikhara was performed and it came out 'bad' and the discussion ended there. Another example is about a person who wanted to purchase a house. Everything was fine and in all ways, the house was ideal ‑ he performed an Istikhara and it came out bad, so he decided not to purchase the house.

It is clear that the reply to them and thousands of people like these regarding the Istikhara (and the proper use of it), is that in instances such as these, only one who has no intelligence, who is defiant, and who does not have a correct understanding of the Istikhara would perform it in these instances.

It also goes without saying that the ahadith that have come to us with regards to the Istikhara have not promised us that we will reach our goal without any troubles or difficulties. Rather, that which has been promised is that whosoever asks Allah for good, will be granted good. If it is good for the person in his worldly life, then he will be granted his wish; and if it not, then it will be stored for him and bestowed upon him in the next world."

In the event that he is not able to come to a conclusion (if what is good for him is in that act), then he must ask others for advice and let his decision lie on the advice of others ‑ those who are able to offer advice and have the ability to distinguish between good and bad.

He should rely on their rationale to come to a conclusion whether to proceed with an action or to leave it. If this route too does not produce results, then he is left with no other alternative except that he pleads to His Lord and asks Him for guidance to what is truly best for him.

In reality, this is the Istikhara. This must not be referred to as `gaining knowledge of the unseen' or an incursion on Allah's guardianship and mastership upon us.

In summary, there is no responsibility on the religion when one performs an Istikhara, since the Istikhara does nothing except determine which way a person should act. The Istikhara does not change the rules of Allah nor does it inform the servant of Allah that what is hidden behind the curtains of Allah's knowledge. The only thing that an Istikhara does is declare: "That what is in the prime interest of a person who is seeking the best is in the performance or non‑performance of an act."

Bruv you basically just said/copied pasted what the gentleman @In Gods Name has been saying all this time lol. But in the process you've called him anti Shia, troll and various other things like you usually do. (don't worry @In Gods Name I think it's just a huge misunderstanding)

But guys I was just wondering.

Do you think any of these sheikhs that work for this business can be compromised ? Well you see I think this woman I'm trying to marry has signed up to that istikhara site and I feel she is going to ask them about whether she should accept my proposal.

I was thinking maybe if I slip an extra $10 to the sheikh.....you know, they can conveniently land on a seemingly beneficial verse or get that '1 for yes' bead or whatever it is?

Edited by SO SOLID SHIA

• Forum Administrators
On 2/13/2024 at 5:08 AM, Diaz said:

Guys chill, I didn’t do it because I wanted help, I did it because I was bored and it was for free lol

Not nice intention.

On 2/13/2024 at 5:08 AM, Diaz said:

I was shocked when the sheikh said Inauspicious. 

So the istikhara worked correctly. The not nice intention brought about a not auspicious result. 

• The topic was locked