In the Name of God بسم الله

Sahal ibne Saad

Rate this topic

Guest Yasir

• 1 month later...
  • Veteran Member

Yes he is 

sagheer sahabi so minor in prophets time 

Shias are sympathetic to him as he narrates some pro Shia Hadith esp ghadeer and is known to have shown sympathy to ahlulbayt captives in Syria

Unsure if he participated in any events during reign of imam Ali 

some have mentioned him as companion of imam Ali unsure why as he’s absent from the traditional history of that time 

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Panzerwaffe said:

Yes he is 

sagheer sahabi so minor in prophets time 

Shias are sympathetic to him as he narrates some pro Shia Hadith esp ghadeer and is known to have shown sympathy to ahlulbayt captives in Syria

Unsure if he participated in any events during reign of imam Ali 

some have mentioned him as companion of imam Ali unsure why as he’s absent from the traditional history of that time 

Salam, 

Wasn't he one among those who interrupted Yazid (la)at his court when he began to hit Hussain (عليه السلام) 's  lips with his stick? 

I had heard a Sunni speaker (Engineer Mirza to be specific) say that he was counted among Ali (عليه السلام) 's Shi'a in Sham. 

I haven't heard much about him either. Maybe he is another victim of our collective amnesia, and the details about his life and activities have been lost like so much of the rest of history. 

Edited by AbdusSibtayn

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Salam, 

Wasn't he one among those who interrupted Yazid (la)at his court when he began to hit Hussain (عليه السلام) 's  lips with his stick? 

I had heard a Sunni speaker (Engineer Mirza to be specific) say that he was counted among Ali (عليه السلام) 's Shi'a in Sham. 

I haven't heard much about him either. Maybe he is another victim of our collective amnesia, and the details about his life and activities have been lost like so much of the rest of history. 

Wasalam 

It’s possible, but it also be that this incident was confused with the much more famous one in which zayd b Arqam a much more well known sahabi /  supporter  of imam Ali and participant of siffin criticized ibn ziyad when he disrespected Hussain head in kufa 

also Shia of Ali were having a hard time even in Iraq during the time I would be very surprised if any of them survived in Syria, however it’s quite possible that his status as a companion afforded him some immunity specially if he was not actively involved in the revolution against uthman 

to me, he seems to be in the same status as buraida aslami another companion, who is very vocal at the time of ghadeer but then disappears from history, even though he is supposed to have survived till the time of Yazid 

but what you’re saying also makes a lot of sense historical record that we have is far from perfect and there were lots of people whose contributions were probably overlooked or forgotten in history. Sahl is an ansar and they were traditionally all supporters of Ali, except for a handful of them, and those are mentioned by names in historical records like numan b bashir anc zayd b thabit etc 

so its very likely Sahl b sa’d indeed was a true supporter just not a very well known one