In the Name of God بسم الله

Urgent help please (brothers only)

Rate this topic

A-R.M

• Basic Members

Salaams, I don't know what to do in this current situation.

I find that sometimes I wake up (sometimes not evening having a dream) and yet I find a stain on my piece of clothing.

I cannot make out whether it is Madhiy (Pre Ejaculate) or Maniy (Semen) due to it being dried up. It may seem weird to describe it, but if it may help you answer my question it is a bit whitish a bit greyish. Sometimes very white, sometimes not so much white.

It looks kind of like dried up toothpaste sometimes. And sometimes I think it comes out along with a bit of urine.

It is really frustrating, because every time it happens I cannot tell, and therefore I have to do Ghusl when I take a shower. Leading me to miss many prayers as well (in the time period after the dream and when I take Ghusl)

Much appreciated some help, even though it may seem embarrassing.

• Basic Members
4 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

The general rule with this is that if there is no certainty (Yaqeen) that it is semen, then it is something else and thus you don't have to do ghusl. 

What about in the case that I don't know what semen really looks liked (dried as well) due to the fact I don't think I haver never seen it. And what about a case of excessive doubting?

• Basic Members
1 hour ago, Quran313 said:

Salaam Alaykum,

If you don't have time for the Ghusl, do Tayamum and then do your prays. Later on you can do the Ghusl. 

Thank you, never knew what this existed! Now I do.

But I got an 2 questions relating to this:

1. Can I use the hard ground (e.g like concrete pavement) and wipe my hands on that even though there will be nothing on my hands once I wipe it (because obviously the concrete is stuck to the ground)

2. Secondly, where can I find a place to do it (most of the time I am at school or at home)

• Advanced Member
23 hours ago, A-R.M said:

Madhiy (Pre Ejaculate) or Maniy (Semen) due to it being dried up. It may seem weird to describe it, but if it may help you answer my question it is a bit whitish a bit greyish. Sometimes very white, sometimes not so much white.

It looks kind of like dried up toothpaste sometimes. And sometimes I think it comes out along with a bit of urine.

Literal Meaning

In Arabic, the word, "mani", refers to the water in the back of a man or a woman which comes out of their genital usually as a white, thick, and spurting fluid out of lust.

The discharge of the semen can occur via a sexual intercourse or nocturnal emission or masturbation, as a result of which it is obligatory to perform the ghusl.

Jurisprudential Definition

Semen in Men

According to the majority of Shiite jurists, the discharge of semen in a healthy man is accompanied with 3 signs:

• Lust
  • Spurting
  • Loosening of the body.

If one or all of the signs are absent, the fluid does not count as semen, unless one knows that it is semen in other ways.

23 hours ago, A-R.M said:

sometimes I wake up (sometimes not evening having a dream) and yet I find a stain on my piece of clothing.

Ihtilam

Iḥtilām (Arabic: إحتلام) refers to discharge of semen in sleep which is considered as a sign of puberty of men in Islam. Those who experience ihtilam are called Muhtalim (مُحتَلِم). They are obligated to perform Ghusl (ritual bath) before performing religious rituals including saying prayers and observing fast. If a person is fasting and experience ihtilam, his fasting is not invalid.

Jurisprudential Rules

In Tawdih al-masa'il there is no chapter or section dedicated to ihtam and its rules but they are cited specifically in sections of hajj and fasting.

https://en.wikishia.net/view/Ihtilam

• Advanced Member
On 12/9/2023 at 12:55 PM, A-R.M said:

On 12/9/2023 at 12:55 PM, A-R.M said:

I cannot make out whether it is Madhiy (Pre Ejaculate)

Madhy

A fluid coming out of the body after a low degree of sexual arousal or flirtation is called "madhy" which is clean and does not invalidate the fast. Madhy is a fluid that is slightly sticky and viscous and usually comes out after sexual arousal (such as seeing an arousing scene, or thinking about it, or seeing and talking to a person of the opposite gender, or having fun with one's wife). If this fluid is not mixed with urine, it is clean and it does not invalidate ghusl and wudu.

https://en.wikishia.net/view/Semen

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, A-R.M said:

1. Can I use the hard ground (e.g like concrete pavement) and wipe my hands on that even though there will be nothing on my hands once I wipe it (because obviously the concrete is stuck to the ground)

Things which are Alright to Make Tayammum On

According to the Qur'an 5:6, tayammum need to be performed on "Sa'id" (صَعید), but there are different opinions among lexicologists and thus among marja's whether "Sa'id" only refers to the soil or whatever grows out of the earth.[21]

According to some fatwas, tayammum must be performed on soil as the first choice; however, if it was not available, it can be done on sand, gravel, clod, clay or stone (which has some dust on it).[22]

There are different opinions about the permission of performing tayammum on plaster, cement, brick, tile, etc.[23]

What is going to perform tayammum on needs to be pure and not illegally obtained.[24]

13 hours ago, A-R.M said:

2. Secondly, where can I find a place to do it (most of the time I am at school or at home)

Salam you can do it in any place by observing below conditions whether in your home or school . 

Cases of the Obligation

• When there is not enough water available for Wudu or Ghusl.
  • When there is enough water available for Wudu or Ghusl, but using it may consume the water the person or his companions needs for drinking.
  • If consuming the available water causes death of his or others' animals.
  • If the available water is not enough for removing Najasa (impurity) and Wudu or Ghusl is not enough. (different fatwas)
  • If using Wudu or Ghusl is harmful for the body (a rational probability of harm is also enough.)
  • When there is not enough time for Wudu or Ghusl.[8]

https://en.wikishia.net/view/Tayammum

• Basic Members
4 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Things which are Alright to Make Tayammum On

According to the Qur'an 5:6, tayammum need to be performed on "Sa'id" (صَعید), but there are different opinions among lexicologists and thus among marja's whether "Sa'id" only refers to the soil or whatever grows out of the earth.[21]

According to some fatwas, tayammum must be performed on soil as the first choice; however, if it was not available, it can be done on sand, gravel, clod, clay or stone (which has some dust on it).[22]

There are different opinions about the permission of performing tayammum on plaster, cement, brick, tile, etc.[23]

What is going to perform tayammum on needs to be pure and not illegally obtained.[24]

Salaam, thank you for this answer. But forgive me, it isn't particularly clear. Can I or can I not do Tayammum on concrete/cement/tile just to confirm.

(As it says "There are different opinions about the permission of performing tayammum on plaster, cement, brick, tile, etc.") - That isn't particularly clear on the answer.

If it may help, I follow Sistani

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, A-R.M said:

Thank you, never knew what this existed! Now I do.

But I got an 2 questions relating to this:

If you have time for the Ghusl, you need to do Ghusl. If not, you need to do Tayammum. But remember one of the conditions of the pray is to have clean body and cloth(semen is Najis). If you have time to clean the area of the body and change your cloth, do it before Tayammum and then do Tayammum. In both cases Tayammum or Ghusl, you don't need to do Wudu after Tayammum and Ghusl for the pray (in Jinabat case only). Right after Ghusl or Tayamum, you can do your prays.

Sometimes you wake up late and you only have time for Tayammum and no time for cleaning or even changing your cloth. In this case, do Tayamum and do your pray with the Najis dress. Later on do Qadha pray out of precaution.

Sometimes you wake up pretty late and you don't have time for non of them not even Tayammum. Do pray without Tayammum and do Qadha pray after you did Ghusl and cleaned yourself.

Things that you can do Tayammum on: clean stone, clean soil, etc. (you cannot do Tayammum on wood). If you couldn't find these, do Tayammum on the dust remained on the floor or desk. Usually have a small flat stone, or a plastic bag with a grounded turbah in it to do Tayammum on.

These are just for the pray cause time is short. You eventually need to do Ghusl Jinabat anyway. 

How to do Tayamum (This is a good website you can find the answer to a lot of questions):

https://www.al-islam.org/simplified-islamic-laws-youth-and-young-adults-sayyid-ali-hussaini-sistani/tayammum

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, A-R.M said:

Can I or can I not do Tayammum on concrete/cement/tile just to confirm.

Salam according to grand Ayatollah Sistani you can not do Tayammum on concrete/cement/tile just to confirm.

Note: It is not possible to do Tayammum on the stones that have factory coatings and from other than earth.

the  Tayammum is invalid on ceramics.

the  Tayammum on types of marble question 174. What is the ruling of Tayammum on different types of marble? Is it correct to have Tayammum over them despite the existence of soil? All Marjas: Tayammum is correct on all types of marble even if there is soil.

Tayammum  on wood

question 175. Is Tayammum correct on wood and board?

All Marjas: No, it is not correct.

Tayammum on chalk of wall 
Question 176. Is it correct to use tayamm on baked plaster (like plaster on the wall)?
The great Marjas Khamenei, Sistani and Vahid: Tayammum is correct on the chalk of the wall; However, it is a mustahab precaution not to perform Tayammum on it despite the presence of soil (and the like).[5]

Hadana/reamark: The chalkr of the wall should not have an obstacle likewise color.

Tayammum is on wet soil
Question 177. How is Tayammum moist and wet soil?

All Marjas: correct; But it is better (recommended caution) that he should not do Tayammum on moist soil despite the presence of dry soil.[6]

Tayammum is on  brick
Question 178. Is teaming on bricks correct?

The great Marjas Imam, Khamenei, Sistani, Fadhel and Wahid: Yes, Tayammum is valid on brick; But it is better (recommended caution) not to do Tayammum with it.[7]

https://hadana.ir/تیمم-بر-چه-چیزهایی-صحیح-است/

According to grand Ayatollah Sistani

Things that Tayammum is right with

Issue 673 - Tayammum with soil (dirt), sand(pebble), lumps (clot) and stones is correct, but it is recommended that if soil is available, one should not perform Tayammum with anything else, and if there is no soil, then Tyammum should be performed with very soft sand on which the soil applies to it. And if that is not possible, then with lumps(clot), and if that is not possible, with sand(pebble), and if there is no sand and lumps(clot), then do Tayammum with stones.

Issue 674 - Tayammum with gypsum(chalkstone) and limestone is correct, and also Tayammum with dust that collects on carpets, clothes and the like is correct if it is so much that it is considered soft soil according to custom, although based recommended caution in case of having option ,don't do Tayammum with it also  - according to the recommended caution -don't do Tayammum with baked chalk and baked lime, baked bricks, or ores like agate in case of having option .

Issue 675 - If dirt, sand, lumps(clot), and stones are not found, then he should perform tayammum with mud, and if mud is not found, he should perform tayammum on carpets, clothes, etc., which have dust on them, or those on He sits on them, but not to the extent that it is considered as soil according to custom. And if none of these are found, it is a recommended precaution to offer the prayer without tayammum, but it is obligatory to perform the qadha of it later.

Issue 676 - If he can prepare soil by shaking a carpet and the like, Tayammum with a dusty thing is invalid. Also, if he can dry the clay and prepare soil from it,so then  Tayammum with clay will be invalid.

https://www.sistani.org/persian/book/50/29/

• Advanced Member
On 12/9/2023 at 9:51 AM, A-R.M said:

What about in the case that I don't know what semen really looks liked (dried as well) due to the fact I don't think I haver never seen it. And what about a case of excessive doubting?

Madhiy is a completely clear substance and should not leave a colored stain. Maniy is white, and will leave a whitish stain with an odor. Not sure if there’s a difference among different men but this is usually the case