In the Name of God بسم الله

Names of sons of Ali, Hasan and Hussain

Rate this topic

hanbali

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, hanbali said:

So here is an another blow. Try to prove Ali was born in kaaba using sahih hadith even by your standards.

Salam

Most Sunni scholars accept the fact that Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib (عليه السلام) was the only man in history born inside the Holy Kaaba.

In his Mustadrak Hakim said: “No one before Ali was born in the Kaaba.” Also, Saedi has quoted from Sihah al-Sittah (“The Authentic Six”) of Ahlu Sunna: according to a narration, Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) was born in the Ka’ba on Friday, 13 Rajab, thirty years after the Amul-Fil (the year of the elephant) and according to other narration, it was after 25 years of the Amul-Fil and 12 years after Bisat (the appointment of the Holy Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) and No one before Ali was born in the Ka’ba).[1]

[1] . Bahrani, Sayyid Hashem, Tafsir al-Burhan, Vol. 1, Pg. 661, H 36. Sheikh Sadough, Amali, translated by Ayatollah Muhammada Baqer Kamaraei, Pg. 133, Islamiyah Publisher, sixth edition, Tehran, 1997. Hakim Neishabouri, Muhammad, Mustadrak alal Sahihain, Vol. 3, Pg. 483, Darul Marefat Publisher, second edition, Beirut, 1406 A.H. Saedi, Muhammad Baqir, Fadhael PanjeTan (the Virtues of the five purified holy personalities that together are the Founding Islamic Family) in Sihah al-Sitta of Ahlul Sunna, Vol. 1, Pg. 304, Firouz A’badi, first edition, Qom 1995. Muruj adh-dhahab, Vol. 2, Pg. 349, Dar Al-Hijrah, Qom, second edition, 1409 A.H, “و كان مولده في الكعبة” (Wa Ka’na Moledohu Fel Kaaba).

http://askislam.ir/en/birthplace-of-ali-ibn-abi-talib-he-was-born-in-kaaba/

Thanks to @Muslim2010

The birth of the faithful Imam Ali in Ka’ba in the Shia viewpoint is definite and constant and repeated many times in narrations:

شيخ مفيد : (الامام علی علیه السلام) ولد بمكة في البيت الحرام يوم الجمعة الثالث عشر من رجب سنة ثلاثين من عام الفيل ، ولم يولد قبله ولا بعده مولود في بيت الله تعالى سواه إكراما من الله تعالى له بذلك وإجلالا لمحله في التعظيم . الشيخ المفيد ، أبي عبد الله محمد بن محمد بن النعمان العكبري البغدادي (متوفاي413هـ) ، الإرشاد في معرفة حجج الله علي العباد ، ج 1 ، ص 5 ، تحقيق : مؤسسة آل البيت عليهم السلام لتحقيق التراث ، ناشر : دار المفيد للطباعة والنشر والتوزيع - بيروت ، الطبعة : الثانية ، 1414هـ - 1993 م

Firstly, regarding the time of the story: It was Friday 13th of the month of Rajab 30 Amulfeel , the wife of Abu Talib ( Fatima binte Asad, the mother of Ali (as)) entered the precincts of the kaaba and prayed to God saying o’ my protector ease my pain.’ Then all of a sudden the wall of the Kabba opened up and she, As if by some unseen force went inside the Kaaba and the wall closed. Eventually, Imam Ali (عليه السلام) the son of Abu Talib was born inside the Holy Kaaba. Hazrat Fatima binte Asad stayed inside the Kaaba for three days. On the 3rd day she came out through the door and Muhammad was waiting outside. She told Prophet Muhammad (S) that the boy had not taken any milk. Muhammad gave him the first feed from his mouth and afterwards asked his uncle Abu Talib that he wished to adopt the baby.

Ali was born inside the Kaaba in Makkah. The great historian, Masoodi, the Herodotus of the Arabs, writes on page 76 of Volume II of his book, Murooj-udh-Dhahab (The Golden Meadows), that one of the greatest distinctions that Ali enjoyed was that he was born in the House of Allah.Some of the other authorities who have affirmed Ali's birth in the Kaaba, are:

1.Muhammad ibn Talha el-Shafei in Matalib-us-saool, page 11.

2.Hakim in Mustadrak, page 483, Vol. III.

3.El-Umari in Sharh Ainia, page 15.

4.Halabi in Sira, page 165, Vol. I.

5.Sibt ibn al-Jauzi in Tadhkera Khawasil Ummah, page 7.

6.Ibn Sabbagh Maleki in Fusoolul Mohimma, page 14.

7.Muhammad bin Yousuf Shafei in Kifayet al-Talib, page 261.

8.Shablanji in Nurul Absar, page 76.

9.Ibn Zahra in Ghiyathul Ikhtisar, page 97.

10. Edvi in Nafhatul Qudsia, page 41.

Among the modern historians, Abbas Mahmood al-Akkad of Egypt writes in his book Al-'Abqarriyet al-Imam Ali, (Cairo, 1970), that Ali ibn Abi Talib was born inside the Kaaba.

Another contemporary historian, Mahmood Saeed al-Tantawi, of the Supreme Council of Islamic Affairs, Arab Republic of Egypt, writes on page 186 of his book, Min Fada-il al-‘Ashrat al-Mubashireen bil Janna, published in 1976 by Matab’a al-Ahram at-Tijariyya, Cairo, Egypt:

“May God have mercy upon Ali ibn Abi Talib. He was born in the Kaaba. He witnessed the rise of Islam; he witnessed the Da’wa of Muhammad, and he was a witness of the Wahi (Revelation of Al-Qur’an al-Majid). He immediately accepted Islam even though he was still a child, and he fought all his life so that the Word of Allah would be supreme.”

https://www.al-islam.org/restatement-history-islam-and-muslims-sayyid-ali-asghar-razwy/birth-ali-ibn-abi-talib

The story of the birth of Imam Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم))

It is written in numerous references that: “Abbas ibn Abd al-Muttalib and some others were sitting in front of the Kaaba in the Masjid-al-Haram when suddenly Fatimah Bint Assad came and stood there while she was struggling with pains of childbirth and prayed: “O my Lord! I believe in You and all Your messengers and holy books sent from You, and I acknowledge the words of my ancestor Abraham, the Khalil (the friend of Allah), who has built this Kaaba. O my Lord! For the sake of the person who built the Kaaba and for the sake of the baby I’m carrying, make my labour easy.”

Suddenly we saw the Kaaba cracked from behind and Fatimah entered there and disappeared from our sight. And the cracks came together and stuck. We went to open the door, but it didn’t open.

Soon, the news of this incident spread throughout the city. Three days passed and on the fourth day Fatimah came out from the same spot, having Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) in her arms. And she said: “The most exalted Allah has preferred me to previous women, and I went into His House and I ate heavenly fruits. And as I was going to leave the House, a voice called: “O Fatimah! Name this infant “Ali” because the exalted all-Highest Allah, says: “I derived his name from Mine and he is the person who breaks the idols in my House.”(1)

The story of the birth of Imam Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) in Sunni books

1. Hakim Neishaburi writes down in his book: “numerous and definite quotations narrate that Fatimah Bint Asad has delivered Imam Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) inside the Kaaba.”(2)
  2. Hafiz Ganji Shafei has written in his book: “Imam Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)), was born on the 13th of the month of Rajab inside the Kaaba, and no one has ever been born inside the Kaaba before or after him.”(3)
  3. Shahab al-Din Mahmud Alusi, the writer of Ruh al-Ma’ani, writes down in his book in his comments about one of the poems of Abd al-Baqi Affandi Umari: “The matter that Amir al-Mu’minin ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) was born inside the Kaaba is well-known and narrated in Shia and Sunni books.”(4)

So, the story of the birth of Imam Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) is a truth which is confirmed not only by Shia but also by Sunni Muslims and is written in detail in the precious book of “al-Ghadeer”.

https://en.al-shia.org/imam-ali-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-born-inside-kaaba/

A manifestation of the secrets of the birth of Imam Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) inside the Kaaba
But the secrets of the fact that why was Imam Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) born inside the Kaaba are expressed in some references, we mention some of them herein:

1. Some of the Sunni scholars have said, after narrating the story of the birth of Imam Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) inside the Kaaba, that: “This is a superiority for Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) that he was born inside the Kaaba and it is a glory for his birthplace (the Kaaba).”(5)

Alusi, who was mentioned before, has a subtle statement after narrating the story of the birth of Imam Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) inside the Kaaba that is quoted herein: “Glory to Allah, Who puts everything in its place, and He is the Justest of judges”.(6)

https://forums.alkafeel.net/node/878900

Then Alusi added:
“Perhaps Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) wanted to return the favor of the Kaaba that made him honored to be born inside it, so, he destroyed the idols in Kaaba; because it is said in some references that the Kaaba complained to Allah and said: “O my Lord! How long these idols should be worshipped next to me?” And the most exalted Allah promised the Kaaba that this sacred place will be sanctified.”

1. Also, Shaikh Saduq has said that: “The fact that Imam Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) was born inside the Kaaba was a glory and a grace of the most exalted Allah toward his high and great place.” (7)

5. (Al-Ghadeer, vol. 6, p. 186)
6. (Ibid)
7. (Al-Irshad, ch. 1)

• Advanced Member
15 hours ago, hanbali said:

Ubaydullah

He has been wretch enemy of commander of of believers Imam Ali (عليه السلام) which Imam Ali(عليه السلام) has promised to kill him due to killing of innocents likewise Hurmuzān & daughter of Abū Luʾluʾa &  Jufayna which Ubaydullah has joined to cursed Mu'awiya which he has been killed in battle of Siffin which prophet Muhammad (pbu) has said that Ammar will be martyred by army of  oppressors which Ubaydullah ibn umar has been one of commanders of army of oppressors as killers of Ammar (رضي الله عنه).

According to historical accounts, Abu Lu'lu'a was either captured and executed in Medina or committed suicide there. In retaliation,

Ubayd Allah ibn Umar (one of Umar's sons) killed Abu Lu'lu'a's daughter, as well as Hurmuzān, an ex-Sassanid military officer, and Jufayna, a Christian man from al-Hira (Iraq) who worked as a private tutor for a family in Medina

معاوي لا اعطيك ديني ولم أنل بذلك دنيا فانظر كيف تصنع فإن تعطني مصراً فأربح بصفقة أخذت بها شيخاً يضرّ وينفع

“O Mu'awiya! I sell not my religion for you and I sought not a benefit from your world, now this is you and all this, so if you give rulership of Egypt to me, I am fully benefitted.” [1278]
It was a great success for Mu'awiya to see 'Amr joining him. The first thing Mu'awiya consulted was about Roman troops. 'Amr proposed a compromise and said that Romans would quickly accept it. [1279] Mu'awiya put this into effect and Imam (a) mentioned it in one of his speeches. [1280]
'Ubayd Allah Ibn 'Umar joining Mu'awiya in Damascus- that was because he feared Imam retaliating him for murder of Hurmuzan and two other people in Medina [1281]- complemented Mu'awiya's excuse in having son of caliph II in his hands and this was publicly and highly important to Mu'awiya who counted on this. [1282]
Mu'awiya began his propaganda for betraying people of Medina and Mecca as well as the renowned authorities in different cities. He wrote to Medinans that we have risen up in revenge for 'Uthman. If we become victorious, we will settle everything as Shura manipulated by 'Umar and we are not after caliphate.

فلوكنت بوّاباً على باب جنة لقلت لهمدان ادخلوا بسلام

“If I were gate keeper of Heaven, I would tell Banu Hamdan people to enter there in goodness.” [1364]
Imam said about Rabi'a as well, وكان علي (ع) لا يعدل بربيعة أحداً من شدة محبته لهم ”'Ali never equaled Banu Rabi'a to anyone for his love extended to them.” [1365]
Mu'awiya advised Damascus troops to aim at no people but Hamdanis since they stand as 'Uthman's adversary. [1366]
The truth is that Mu'awiya feared them and he was at weakening them. 'Ubayd Allah Ibn 'Umar, one of Damascus troops commanders, was murdered by one of Hamdanis in one of these battles. Dhi l-Kila', one of the greatest commanders of Damascus troops, was killed in Siffin.

He is said to have heard through 'Amr Ibn 'As, in time of 'Umar, (seemingly through a person named Abu Nuh who quoted this to him from 'Amr Ibn 'As in Siffin) [1367] the Prophet (S) saying that 'Ammar is killed by an aggressive tribe, so he used to fight while being in doubt. Mu'awiya liked very much to kill him fearing that he might be a trouble for Damascus troops.

In contrast, a good many of marked troops of Imam (a) were also martyred. One of Siffin martyrs, Uwiys Qarani [1368], is the noted Gnostic who was and, still is, highly ranked among Muslims. Ibn A'tham while reporting his martyrdom in Siffin made an account of him. [1369]
Hashim Ibn 'Utba, known as Hashim al-Mirqal, who had lost one eye in conquests, was the most devoted companions of Imam being martyred in Siffin. He was Sa'd Waqqas's nephew and unlike his position of being among Qa'idin stayed with Imam with complete assurance until he was martyred. [1370]
Khuzayma, another companion of Imam, was also martyred in Siffin and Imam approved his one testimony as two, for which he was known after “Dhu ash-Shahadatayn” meaning two witnesses.

After their martyrdom, there were still seen famous people in troops, like Ashtar (who was nicknamed by Mu'awiya as lion of army) [1371], 'Adi Ibn Hatim and Qays Ibn Sa'd.

http://balaghah.net/old/nahj-htm/eng/id/article/imam-ali/0007.htm

• Advanced Member
13 hours ago, hanbali said:

Try to prove Ali was born in kaaba using sahih hadith even by your standards.

Many of the Sunni scholars Believe that Imam’s birth routine was in Kaaba and some of them even think this matter exclusively was only for the Imam.

We will name some of them briefly and look at their point of view:

1. Al-Hakim al-Nishapuri (died in 658th lunar year): a lot of Consecutive narrations have pointed that Fatima bt. Asad have delivered Ali b. Abi Talib in the Kaaba.

2. Sibt ibn al-Jawzi Hanafi (died in 654th lunar year): It has been narrated that when Fatima bt. Asad was pregnant and doing tawaf around the Kaaba, she sensed an immense delivery pain that she fled to Kaaba from the pain; when suddenly Kaaba’s door got opened to her so she went into the Kaaba and gave birth to his child.

Poetry about imam Ali (عليه السلام) birth:

Syed Ismail Himayari (who died in 173th AH) was one of the greatest poets of Arabic literature. He wrote a poem about this unique birth:

His mother gave birth to him in God’s safe site; God’s house and masque was his birthplace

He was pure and noble; her mother, her child, and her birthplace too

In one of the darkest nights, he appeared with lunar purity

No child other than Amine’s child is honored like him

Shia point of view about Imam Ali (عليه السلام) birth:

1.Sheikh Mofid (died in 413th AH): our first imam, Ali b. Abi Talib (عليه السلام) was born on Friday the 13th of Rajab and thirty years after the year of the elephant in Mecca. No one ever has been born in Kaaba before and after him. His delivery was the great honor that God granted him to show his dignity over other men of his age.

2. Allamah Al-Hilli (died in 726th AH): Imam Ali ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) was born on Friday the 13th of Rajab and thirty years after the occurrence of the year of the elephant. No one before and after him, was born in Kaaba at that time, The Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)&HP) was thirty years old.

References:

1. Quote

Kitab al-Kafi (first Volume – page 452)
    Kitab al-Irshad (first Volume – page 5)
    I'lam al-Wara bi A'lam al-Huda (first Volume – page 306)
    Bihar al-Anwar (35th Volume – page 182)
    Description of Nahj al-Balagha (first Volume – page 6)
    Manaqib Ale Abi Talib (third Volume – page 307)
    Rawżat al-Vaeezin (page 81)

https://salamislam.com/articles/lifestyle/how-was-first-imam-imam-ali-born

https://en.al-shia.org/imam-ali-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-born-inside-kaaba/

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, hanbali said:

Fatimah.

It's only has been mentioned that Umm Hakim wife of Umar has married with two men before marrying with Umar which it's possible  that this Fatimah has been daughter of Khalid bin Sa'id the second husband of Umm Hakim which she has been adopted by Umar so therefore Umar has no connection to naming her as Fatimah which Fatimah just has been mentioned as daughter of Umm Hakim.

Umm Hakim was the wife of 'Ikramah the son of Abu Jakl. 'Ikramah died fighting and thereafter Umm Hakim married Khalid bin Sa'id. Khalid bin Sa'id was also martyred on the Syrian front. Umm Hakim doubly bereaved was much grieved, and Umar consoled her by marrying her.

Umm Hakim was the mother of Fatimah.

https://www.alim.org/history/khaleefa/umar/20/13/

• Veteran Member

Since the discussion is diverted from the topic, lets say Imam Ali ع and his sons loved the caliphs so much that they even named their sons after them. Did any of the three caliphs named their sons Ali, Hassan or Hussain? Why not?  did they hate Ali ع and his sons? 

• Basic Members

With the source that @Ashvazdanghe has provide above about the qualities of imam Ali, i dont know why OP still underestimate imam Ali and focus on anything else that not signifficant effect in the matter of believe, like discussing their names, their sons name, their grandson name, etc for what reason? to prove by giving Abu Bakr, Umar name to his sons and grandson is saying that they are superior and so thats what makes Ali, Hasan and Husein is giving their (Abu Bakr, Umar) name to his sons? Until now we doesnt know what is the reason actually happen in the past regarding their names. 

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member
On 12/4/2023 at 12:25 AM, Syed Demanding said:

Since the discussion is diverted from the topic, lets say Imam Ali ع and his sons loved the caliphs so much that they even named their sons after them. Did any of the three caliphs named their sons Ali, Hassan or Hussain? Why not?  did they hate Ali ع and his sons? 

Op already answered the question

• Advanced Member
On 12/4/2023 at 9:50 AM, Moon Mun said:

With the source that @Ashvazdanghe has provide above about the qualities of imam Ali, i dont know why OP still underestimate imam Ali and focus on anything else that not signifficant effect in the matter of believe, like discussing their names, their sons name, their grandson name, etc for what reason? to prove by giving Abu Bakr, Umar name to his sons and grandson is saying that they are superior and so thats what makes Ali, Hasan and Husein is giving their (Abu Bakr, Umar) name to his sons? Until now we doesnt know what is the reason actually happen in the past regarding their names. 

No one is underestimating ali.