In the Name of God بسم الله

Osama Bin Laden's letter to the American people

Rate this topic

Haji 2003

• Forum Administrators

Doing the rounds on TikTok/Twitter

Here's the link to the copy held by the US government. For some reason the Guardian newspaper has just deleted the copy they had published online. This could be because some of the content could be considered anti-semitic.

Here's a sample of less contentious content.

The course of the policies of the present administration in several areas clearly reveals that whoever enters the White House, even with good intentions to safeguard the peoples' interest, is no more than a train operator. His only task is to keep the train on the tracks that are laid down by the lobbyists in New York and Washington to serve their interests first, even if it is counter to your security and economy.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ubl2016/english/To the American people.pdf

• Advanced Member
41 minutes ago, ireallywannaknow said:

Looks fake 

I do believe it’s real, American medias are trying their best to remove it from all the platforms. 

Edited by Diaz

• Advanced Member
16 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Doing the rounds on TikTok/Twitter

Here's the link to the copy held by the US government. For some reason the Guardian newspaper has just deleted the copy they had published online. This could be because some of the content could be considered anti-semitic.

Here's a sample of less contentious content.

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ubl2016/english/To the American people.pdf

I have a link to the internet archive from the Guardian site that was subsequently deleted. I can post it here if the mods approve it in advance. Or, I suppose I can post the link and then report it to the mods?

Ok, I just reported this post to the mods and included the link for the mods to review BEFORE I post it. If the mods say no then so be it.

Edited by Andaros

The link posted is of a later letter, from after the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as after the great recession of 2008 had already started. All you have to do ua read it to see the context. The letter referenced, and that you can no longer find, is from 2002. 

• Advanced Member

I remember reading and listening to all of Bin Laden's and al-Zawahiri's speeches around 2002...I read 3 biographies on Bin Laden shortly after 9/11/01 including Yossef Bodansky's "Bin Laden: The Man Who Declared War on America"...since the 9/11 attacks America has rapidly gone downhill...retrospectively, it's as if OBL placed a curse on the country and the curse was successful...he said a lot of intelligent and interesting things...one of his many strategies was to bleed America dry economically...post-9/11 rise in oil prices due to 2003 Iraq War, more than $1 trillion dollars on Homeland Security, 2008 financial crisis, $2.3 trillion on Afghanistan War etc.... he’d done the bankrupt a superpower-thing before and it worked...“We, alongside the Mujahidin, bled Russia for 10 years, until it went bankrupt”...he understood superpowers implode not because they're whooped in the military arena necessarily but because their financial systems collapse...“He has compared the United States to the Soviet Union on numerous occasions — and these comparisons have been explicitly economic,” Gartenstein-Ross argues in a Foreign Policy article. “For example, in October 2004 bin Laden said that just as the Arab fighters and Afghan Mujahidin had destroyed Russia economically, al Qaeda was now doing the same to the United States, ‘continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy.’ ”

Edited by Eddie Mecca

• Forum Administrators
13 hours ago, Guest Brb said:

The link posted is of a later letter, from after the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as after the great recession of 2008 had already started. All you have to do ua read it to see the context. The letter referenced, and that you can no longer find, is from 2002. 

OK, thanks.

• Advanced Member

Glenn Greenwald breaks down government and corporate media's attempt to control the narrative by banning Osama bin Laden's "Letter to America" in order to dissuade meaningful conversation concerning root causes of Islamic aggression towards the West (15 minutes)

• 5 months later...