Jump to content
In the Name of God بسم الله

Israel-Hizbollah Conflict 2023/2024

Rate this topic


Haji 2003

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Administrators
10 hours ago, kadhim said:

My objection with Haji was his casual defensive dismissal that anti-Semitism was not a significant factor.

Er. That's not actually what either I said or indeed what you had said.

 

Your original claim had been:

On 12/17/2023 at 1:22 PM, kadhim said:

By the way, if you want to see, numerically, what “ethnic cleansing” actually looks like in reality, as opposed to cynical propaganda rhetoric, check out the table under “Table of the Jewish population in Muslim countries,” comparing 1948 populations to populations today. 

Anti-semitism covers a range of sins and quite rightly you called this out for what it was, which is ethnic-cleansing and an extreme form of anti-semitism.

I was responding to the charge of ethnic cleansing. I did not say that there was no anti-semitism (nice little addition of 'casual' on your part, but I am getting used to these flourishes by now).

What I did say was that looking at the historically documented experience in two countries blaming Jewish migration to Israel on Muslims ethnically cleansing them was not accurate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

Er. That's not actually what either I said or indeed what you had said.

 

Your original claim had been:

Anti-semitism covers a range of sins and quite rightly you called this out for what it was, which is ethnic-cleansing and an extreme form of anti-semitism.

I was responding to the charge of ethnic cleansing. I did not say that there was no anti-semitism (nice little addition of 'casual' on your part, but I am getting used to these flourishes by now).

What I did say was that looking at the historically documented experience in two countries blaming Jewish migration to Israel on Muslims ethnically cleansing them was not accurate.

In all fairness, Haji, it’s quite hard to know what you’re saying, because you like to play coy and refuse to give straight answers to questions. 

In my response, I asked you to clarify whether you meant to suggest anti-Semitism played no significant role in what was essentially the emptying of basically every Jewish community in the Arab and Muslim worlds — many of them there for millenia — over a matter of decades. You refused to do so. 

Would you like to clarify now? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member
3 hours ago, kadhim said:

If you don’t find the Islamic system “fair,” maybe you should leave and find some other system that fits your values better. Instead of trying so hard to make it into something it’s not. 

Can't tell if you're being ironic or if you are really that blind about yourself. Reminds me of the Zionists, every accusation is actually just an admission. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ireallywannaknow said:

Can't tell if you're being ironic or if you are really that blind about yourself. Reminds me of the Zionists, every accusation is actually just an admission. 

Oh, wow. Someone from “Team Palie” invoking “every accusation is a confession.” That’s hilarious. 

That is so many layers of irony and meta I’m surprised it didn’t just up and collapse into a black hole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
34 minutes ago, kadhim said:

I asked you to clarify whether you meant to suggest anti-Semitism played no significant role in what was essentially the emptying of basically every Jewish community in the Arab and Muslim worlds

I did not have a meaningful reply, so I didn't.

Was there anti-semitism in Muslim majority countries at that time? I think anyone would be stupid if they said unequivocally that there wasn't any. Just as much as it would be daft to say there is no anti-semitism today in the US or other western countries.

But in those middle eastern countries was it any more than in the preceding hundreds of years when Jews had flourished? Was it any more than the oppression that other minority groups have faced amongst majorities in those countries?

I don't know

I appreciate your worldview tends to their being kicked out and mine tends towards a nascent Israeli state wanting to encourage them to migrate. And as with Algeria there are a number of other factors as well.

FWIW, and to illustrate how you can spin these things in so many different ways, here's a 1969 telegram from the US Embassy in Tehran to the State Department, where they refer to Iraq's refusal to let Jews leave with reference to their being held as 'hostages'.

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 17.56.53.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 18.30.18.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
44 minutes ago, kadhim said:

Someone from “Team Palie

Only zionists use the term team Palie or other dehumanizing terms like pallywood.

1 hour ago, kadhim said:

emptying of basically every Jewish community in the Arab and Muslim worlds

its too bad when people openly show that they don't investigate or do their own research and swallow typical zionist pablum on the true history of events.

Or they just regurgitate the CNN view and what limited outside  view of the  world.

US education is notorious for turning out graduates with little to no understanding of other cultures,  religions, other historical records etc...

The Arab populations which you are so trumpeting were never kicked out of anywhere....they all left  by choice after living thousands of years in the same places. 

In places like Yemen , Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Iraq, Iran there were no pogroms to remove the Jewish populations. In fact many were given fraudulent offers of mansions, and vacant lands, help setting up new business, interest free loans, free Healthcare,  free childcare, and actual money to move out of their home countries , many to their ultimate regret....since they Mizrahi jews were treated as slaves by the white European Ashkenazi Jews. Like the Ethiopian jews are treated now.

There were a few instances of violence which was often with the assistance of British Inteligence and Jewish terrorists like Irgun and Stern Gang to strike fear into the Arabic Speaking Jewish populations to force them to migrate.

Fear  is an excellent motivating factor , it makes people lose their minds and take actions detrimental to their mental and physical faculties. See Covid craziness and vaccinations as a prime example,  or the USA post 9/11.

Now many Mizrahi jews regretted their decisions,  and sold their properties and business at low rates, and their abilities to return were severely hampered.

Additionally many gave up their Arab citizenship voluntarily and were going to be charged extravagant sums to get it back, or in some cases refused, since they volunteered to give up that citizenship. 

They thought they were going to a new Jewish Nirvana or Eden and instead ended up in Purgatory.

 

 

Edited by Hasani Samnani
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
7 minutes ago, Hasani Samnani said:

Only zionists use the term team Palie or other dehumanizing terms like pallywood.

 

This. 

I really suspect hes a closet zionist, hence why I had to ignore him to not waste time, I understand debunking some pro zionist stuff, but when he spews it all like it's factual and then wastes our time when we should be reporting on the relevant news, because the rivers of blood are flowing in gaza, then no I will ignore.

 

Either way, overall there was no rampant anti semetism which drove out the jews, there were in egypt and syria terrible overreactions to what israel did, which resulted in egyptians and syrians kicking their communities out, but other than this not really. At this point hes just spewing an old debunked zionist point which I am in no mood to go in details in, it's like when islamophobes take quran verses out of context. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

I appreciate your worldview tends to their being kicked out and mine tends towards a nascent Israeli state wanting to encourage them to migrate. And as with Algeria there are a number of other factors as well.

As I’ve said a few times now. I’m open to the idea that there were multiple factors at play in a complex, messy historical process. 

My point is simply this:

I think you could explain, say, 10% or 20% moving because of encouragement from Israel, incentives, what have you. 

90-100% drop down in such a short period of time, that doesn’t seem like a believable story. Especially when it’s everywhere at once. 

Future historical hypothetical to illustrate the point:

Suppose you magically time-traveled say, 30 years to the future, and you discovered that the North American and European Muslim populations are basically gone. Basically everyone emigrated to the Muslim world, say.

Would you find it believable that they were not pushed to leave, whether via explicit legal pushing out or via pressure that made them want to leave? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Hasani Samnani said:

Only zionists use the term team Palie or other dehumanizing terms like pallywood

It’s (obviously) a tongue-in-cheek play on the weird alternate naming conventions people use here and in the pro-Pali sphere in general. Verbal creations like “Israhell” and “IOF” and such. 

So do I have your agreement that these sort of word games are childish in general?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
56 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

I did not have a meaningful reply, so I didn't.

Was there anti-semitism in Muslim majority countries at that time? I think anyone would be stupid if they said unequivocally that there wasn't any. Just as much as it would be daft to say there is no anti-semitism today in the US or other western countries.

But in those middle eastern countries was it any more than in the preceding hundreds of years when Jews had flourished? Was it any more than the oppression that other minority groups have faced amongst majorities in those countries?

I don't know

I appreciate your worldview tends to their being kicked out and mine tends towards a nascent Israeli state wanting to encourage them to migrate. And as with Algeria there are a number of other factors as well.

FWIW, and to illustrate how you can spin these things in so many different ways, here's a 1969 telegram from the US Embassy in Tehran to the State Department, where they refer to Iraq's refusal to let Jews leave with reference to their being held as 'hostages'.

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 17.56.53.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 18.30.18.png

I forgot about the arab nations not allowing jews to leave, this shows how desperate the zionist entity was to make the jews migrate to occupied palestine.

 

People often forget, "israel" was founded by terrorist gangs who had a fascistic supremacist ideology, these terrorists were desperate, they did everything and I mean everything to get jews from the entire world to go to "israel", meaning they would commit terror attacks by pretending to be arabs to scare away jews in arab nations.

A classic example of how unhinged they were, is this, in november 25 1940,the haganah would litterally blow up an ocean liner which was carrying 1800 jewish refugees from nazi europe, the haganah blew it up because these jewish refugees were being sent back to the mauritius(brittish controlled islands) due to their lack of entry permits. So when the ship was leaving haifa, these zionist lunatics planted bombs on the ship and essentially killed almost 270 people and injured almost 170 people.

This is how unhinged and petty they were. So it makes a lot of sense for countries like iraq to not even allow them to leave, given how crazy these terrorist groups were.

 

Edit: I forgot to mention that it was palestinian arab ships and the brittish who effectively saved the jews from the sinking ship, which is ironic, considering they accuse the palestinians of being the anti semetic ones.

Edited by HusseinAbbas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
6 minutes ago, kadhim said:

As I’ve said a few times now. I’m open to the idea that there were multiple factors at play in a complex, messy historical process. 

My point is simply this:

I think you could explain, say, 10% or 20% moving because of encouragement from Israel, incentives, what have you. 

90-100% drop down in such a short period of time, that doesn’t seem like a believable story. Especially when it’s everywhere at once. 

bro if you really want to know why they left there are excellent Israeli made documentaries,  books and historical fictional films made which delineates the plight of the Mizrahi jews , how they got royally screwed and continue to get screwed by the Ashkenazi Jews.

Then they got double screwed since they volunteered their own citizenship and hundreds of years of good will with the indigenous Arab populations.

Now once the wars started with Israel,  just like now the native Jewish populations  suffer of Israeli massacres and atrocities. Same thing happened In the Arab countries,  but very rarely violent just anti zionist outbursts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Hasani Samnani said:

bro if you really want to know why they left there are excellent Israeli made documentaries,  books and historical fictional films made which delineates the plight of the Mizrahi jews , how they got royally screwed and continue to get screwed by the Ashkenazi Jews.

Then they got double screwed since they volunteered their own citizenship and hundreds of years of good will with the indigenous Arab populations.

Now once the wars started with Israel,  just like now the native Jewish populations  suffer of Israeli massacres and atrocities. Same thing happened In the Arab countries,  but very rarely violent just anti zionist outbursts. 
 

You’re still ducking/changing/strawmanning the question here. 
I welcome you to speak on the hypothetical in the paragraphs you chose not to quote. 

Edited by kadhim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
54 minutes ago, kadhim said:

Suppose you magically time-traveled say, 30 years to the future, and you discovered that the North American and European Muslim populations are basically gone. Basically everyone emigrated to the Muslim world, say

Patience and Sabr young Padawan...

 

Now let's dissect the hypothetical argument. If tomorrow the Shia ummah established a brand new country in an area where your deepest and strongest religious symbols  and artifacts  are already located.

For example a Dubai or Singapore like country were carved out of Iraq using only Karbala and Najaf, where promises were made of new businesses,  new university's,  all super educated Shia professionals and well trained blue collar workers and there would be a close to Sharia like system , and the best of the West and best of the East were suddenly to appear with promises of loans and grants and free houses and land,  don't tell me that even western Shia would not consider this potential Nirvana. If you were religious you would also recognize that Imam Mahdi ( AJTF) would be establishing his seat of Govt in Kufa and one the signs for his zuhour was establishment of said Shia Nirvana,  don't tell me most Shia around the  world would not consider moving.

Please let's stop regurgitating Zionist Historical Nonsense,  it's well known they lie as a second nature,  even when they know they will get caught...it's called Chutzpah. 

Additionally in term of blaming zionists for the exact crime they accused others of committing goes back to the Blood Libel ( actual truth that Ashkenazi sacrificed children and used their blood in Satanic Rituals and calling of demonic powers) 

Remember the Christian saying that " the ( Ashkenazi) Jew cries out loudly as he whips his victims" is a truism based on historical evidence.

Also remember that just like the USA has alwys felt that keeping Russia and China mistrusting of each other is to their benefit....the Zionist alwys try to poison any attempts by Christians and Muslims to seek commonality and bonds. They know that their end will come when those two communities come together.

Edited by Hasani Samnani
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Hasani Samnani said:

For example a Dubai or Singapore like country were carved out of Iraq using only Karbala and Najaf, where promises were made of new businesses,  new university's,  all super educated Shia professionals and well trained blue collar workers and there would be a close to Sharia like system , and the best of the West and best of the East were suddenly to appear with promises of loans and grants and free houses and land,  don't tell me that even western Shia would not consider this potential Nirvana. If you were religious you would also recognize that Imam Mahdi ( AJTF) would be establishing his seat of Govt in Kufa and one the signs for his zuhour was establishment of said Shia Nirvana,  don't tell me most Shia around the  world would not consider moving.

Once again. Would some consider that proposition? Sure. Would others consider a more partial engagement with this new state? E.g. vacationing there, going for a year or two on a work visa while renting out their Western country house? Sure. I could see that. 

Would 90+% pack up and move their whole lives, sell off their property or just abandon it, change their citizenship, etc? No. Not a chance. Would even most do that ? No. Not unless there was something else darker going on. 

Edited by kadhim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
17 minutes ago, kadhim said:

Would 90+% pack up and move their whole lives, change their citizenship, etc? No. Not a chance.

I think you are personalizing the argument too much. You , based on your personality as evinced by your posts and inherent biases would likely not go.

Let me ask you a personal question...have you been for umrah/Hajj or Ziarat....I am guessing here but suspect you may have performed Hajj, but not Ziarat....am I right ? And definitely have not been to Mashhad!

For the average Western Shia family or individual , to live in modern Karbala or Najaf, go for ziarat everyday, have a free house, guaranteed excellent job and income, all the modern Western Conveniences, live in shiny metropolis like Singapore or Dubai or Shanghai,  with thousands of like minded Shia abd their families, with a guarantee of Peace, no taxes, guaranteed health-care and social welfare, the elimination of poverty, happy lower paid menial helpers to handle mundane tasks ( drivers, maids, gardeners, handyman) and it where Imam e Zamana will eventually rule from....most Shia,  nit just Western Shia would likely consider it.....Now those with strong ties to home countries might not make a drastic move but most religious minded Shia would likley consider very seriously.

Again this is pie in the sky hypothetical....it's all just a mental exercise...thought experiment....we can't predict hypothetical completely.

More importantly we are way off track from the topic here,  which is the genocide of innocent Muslim women and children and entire families and bloodlines being exterminated and crushed like insects by a cruel and Satanic foe. This foe proudly commits war crimes and yazid like atrocities and most of world is silent.

Edited by Hasani Samnani
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Hasani Samnani said:

I think you are personalizing the argument too much.

No. Not at all. Just being realistic based on the broad spectrum of the Shia community I’ve met in my own area and elsewhere. I certainly do know people who would go for this. Some of them are longtime friends. That would move a real percentage of people possibly. 

But most would not uproot their lives for this. 

Even a lot of the “religious” ones (Note: I’m putting this in parens not to undermine their religiousness, but to challenge the unexamined assumption that there is only one acceptable trad-cons model of religiousness) I think would be a little confused by the prospect (“I thought the story was that our Shia Utopia was already founded in 1979”). But that’s crossing over recent history in a way that muddies the analogy, so let’s ignore that aspect of it. 

I don’t know what community you’ve been dealing with to think everyone would ever just pack up their lives to chase such a thing. It feels like a deliberate attempt to avoid grappling with the analogy. 

Edited by kadhim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Hasani Samnani said:

happy lower paid menial helpers to handle mundane tasks ( drivers, maids, gardeners, handyman)

And I have to say, I get a chuckle that you can’t picture a Utopian Shia city-state arrangement without a menial servant underclass. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
21 minutes ago, Hasani Samnani said:

Let me ask you a personal question...have you been for umrah/Hajj or Ziarat....I am guessing here but suspect you may have performed Hajj, but not Ziarat....am I right ? And definitely have not been to Mashhad!

First,  don't avoid the question.

7 minutes ago, kadhim said:

get a chuckle that you can’t picture a Utopian Shia city-state arrangement without a menial servant underclass. 

Oh are you by chance chuckling at the Prophet and Imam's who all had servants, and depending on their means could have many servants...

Class structure and financial structure demands workers of every class and strata.

Not everyone can be a self sufficient CEO or captain of industry. Someone has to be the garbage man, clean the bathrooms, and do the menial work, and if they are paid a living honest wage and treated like the Imams treated their servants then you might have the same devotion that was shown to them.

But again We should be aware we are hijacking this thread and should get back the Recistance fighting admirably and Inflicting huge losses on the zionists, both from the personnel beings killed or Injured ( greater than 5000) and also major financial losses on terms of price of war and amazing cost the Ansarullah are Inflicting on the Satanyahoo and his horde of murderous thugs. 

And the war crimes and atrocities being inflicted on the innocents.

Edited by Hasani Samnani
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Hasani Samnani said:

First,  don't avoid the question.

I didn’t see the question.

Unfortunately, I have been to neither. My Rabb has been good to me, I’m doing alright for myself and my family does not want for the essentials.

But I have unfortunately not yet seen a year where I had a spare $20 000 sitting around for an international family vacation. 

I have met people who have done one or the other or both, and raved about it, however, so it’s not like I’m unfamiliar with the pull of it. It’s not a totally unknown mystery. 

52 minutes ago, Hasani Samnani said:

Oh are you by chance chuckling at the Prophet and Imam's who all had servants, and depending on their means could have many servants...

Class structure and financial structure demands workers of every class and strata.

Not everyone can be a self sufficient CEO or captain of industry. Someone has to be the garbage man, clean the bathrooms, and do the menial work, and if they are paid a living honest wage and treated like the Imams treated their servants then you might have the same devotion that was shown to them.

You’re muddling a bunch of separate things together here. 

First of all, I was replying specifically to the scenario of an average person in the 21st century having domestic servants doing basic house and life work most normal people do by themselves. Yes, of course, in any functioning society someone is going to be doing “dirty” or unpleasant jobs like collecting trash, maintaining sewers, cleaning streets, cleaning bathrooms in businesses. I’m not talking about this second class of jobs. 

Second, it’s not about some moral objection to the idea of people doing such work. If someone has the elite sort of money to pay for it, and someone is willing to do the job for the money, go ahead. I’m more just laughing at this unexamined, unconscious privileged sort of attitude that the ideal is for people to sit around while other people do their basic domestic tasks for them. 

As a Westerner, it’s a weird idea for me to deal with. Here, we take a grudging pride in self-reliance for the basic details of our domestic lives. Here, servants and drivers are a rare perk for über rich people. Lawn care and driveway snow clearing and pool maintenance might be the closest to an exception to that rule. 

So I got a chuckle when you just sort of casually threw that line in there. 

Edited by kadhim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
36 minutes ago, kadhim said:

But I have unfortunately not yet seen a year where I had a spare $20 000 sitting around for an international family vacation. 

Assuming you don't need to charter a plane ... for a family of 4, currently a return from NY to Baghdad is US$1,500 (pp), leaving on the 24th and coming back on the 30th December. That's $6,000 of airfares. I think rooms should not be more than $100 per night, per room for 5 nights gets us to $1,000. Allow $25 per person per day for food, say $500. Allow for taxi fares etc. and it should all be doable for under $10k.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

Assuming you don't need to charter a plane ... for a family of 4, currently a return from NY to Baghdad is US$1,500 (pp), leaving on the 24th and coming back on the 30th December. That's $6,000 of airfares. I think rooms should not be more than $100 per night, per room for 5 nights gets us to $1,000. Allow $25 per person per day for food, say $500. Allow for taxi fares etc. and it should all be doable for under $10k.

 

I don’t really understand why you need to poke in on this, but whatever. 

One, it’s a ballpark figure, averaging both of the mentioned cases, ziyarat and hajj. 

Two, you’re cherry picking just a bit in choosing NYC as a departure. I just did the same search from my city with my family size. Airfare alone would be $12500-15 000.

Even at 10k, you’re talking about maybe a once in a lifetime dream vacation kind of spend for most people. 

Anyway, this is not to begrudge anyone who has the means. I don’t miss this in my own life. I’m happy for the people who go regularly on these trips. But I wish people would be a little more mindful that it’s not a trivial proposition for most normal middle class people. 

Edited by kadhim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Something crucial missing in the analogy is that the shia who founded this 'Nirvana' carried out terror attacks on shia living in the West, in order to frighten them into believing that they're not safe anywhere but the new (stolen) nation.

(How convenient that both of these paragraphs (vv) were skipped?)

Quote

The whole idea that Judaism is a race and not a religion is a Zionist creation. They're the ones who even collaborated with the Nazis to encourage mass-migration to Palestine. They turned Judaism into an ethnicity (which would mean they are entitled to a land) rather than a religion (implying that they could live anywhere). 

Just as the Zionists betrayed mainstream Jews in Europe to encourage migration to Palestine, they did the same in the Arab world. Jews admit this.

Zionists used fear mongering (by attacking synagogues in Arab countries) to convince Arab Jews that the only place in which they are safe is occupied Palestine.

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235083969-israel-hizbollah-conflict-2023/?do=findComment&comment=3419213

 

On 12/21/2023 at 4:14 AM, HusseinAbbas said:

they did everything and I mean everything to get jews from the entire world to go to "israel", meaning they would commit terror attacks by pretending to be arabs to scare away jews in arab nations.

A classic example of how unhinged they were, is this, in november 25 1940,the haganah would litterally blow up an ocean liner which was carrying 1800 jewish refugees from nazi europe, the haganah blew it up because these jewish refugees were being sent back to the mauritius(brittish controlled islands) due to their lack of entry permits. So when the ship was leaving haifa, these zionist lunatics planted bombs on the ship and essentially killed almost 270 people and injured almost 170 people.

This is how unhinged and petty they were. So it makes a lot of sense for countries like iraq to not even allow them to leave, given how crazy these terrorist groups were.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
12 hours ago, علوي said:

Something crucial missing in the analogy is that the shia who founded this 'Nirvana' carried out terror attacks on shia living in the West, in order to frighten them into believing that they're not safe anywhere but the new (stolen) nation.

(How convenient that both of these paragraphs (vv) were skipped?)

 

 

Quite litterally, israel is litterally a state founded by terrorist organisations, Dan cohen described it best, "it's like isis but with cafés".

 

I urge people to watch his video, he didn't go into detail, however he described some basic stuff about zionism which gets overlooked a lot, it's an intresting nice little video that gives you more insight into what that sick perverted ideology is. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

This picture break my heart, just look at this young kid who is sleeping with a pic of his father who got martyred. There are many young men who chose the path of jihad instead of posting nonsense on social medias or from pro Zionist channels. I hope we can learn something from this picture specifically for the people who do not understand what’s happening in Middle East. 

IMG_0363.jpeg

Edited by Diaz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Israel has bombed jibchit a few hours ago which is near the city of nabatiyeh, this is farther than before. This means that the conflict is escalating even more especially after they killed the irgc commander.

Edited by HusseinAbbas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators

Israel breaking the rules of engagement

 

 

Quote

Rabah sees the strike against Burji, outside the house of Tawil’s brother and in the midst of Tawil’s funeral, as another significant transgression of the “rules”. “Doing that at a funeral, knowing the cultural sensitivity, was another red line crossed. But again the message was that they know who everybody is. What is being said more widely to others is that they are alive because we don’t want to kill them. But we can kill you when we please.”

 

Quote

risked rupturing the fragile understanding between the sides over what constituted a dangerous escalation.

 

Quote

Among concerns is that a new pattern of assassinations of Hezbollah figures could “stretch the elastic” of restraint to breaking point.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/14/israel-risking-serious-escalation-by-killing-hezbollah-leaders-say-diplomats

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 11/16/2023 at 10:55 AM, Eddie Mecca said:

Yes, there's a combative principle in Islam...I forgot what it's called...but if the enemy hits you in a certain way you're allowed to strike them back in a similar manner...I don't know all the particular details to it...I learned about it in the 90's when I was studying with Hizb-ut-Tahrir...I'll try to run a Google search and find it...Sayyid Hassan said a long time ago he would fight in an unrestrained manner if the Zionists behave wildly...I think it has something to do with the "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" doctrine...keep in mind there are no such thing as "civilians" in Israel...Also, only 3% of Israelis want a ceasefire...in other words, the overwhelming majority of Israelis want the genocide and ethnic cleansing of Gaza to continue

This comment explains a lot. Thank you for this.

@Abu Nur no. Islam does not allow this.

Edited by Sabrejet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Finkelstein on Hezbollah v. Israel...(4 minutes)…“The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of a spider spinning a web. And the flimsiest of all shelters is certainly that of a spider, if only they knew.” (29:41)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators

When Hizbollah intervened in Syria ...

Some Shia Muslims complained that this was outside their theatre and that their lives would be needlessly lost due to Iranian interests in propping up Assad.

Obviously, at the time, it made perfect sense because after Syria, the Islamic State would come for Lebanon.

Anyway it's also worth reflecting on the following.

Quote

The Israeli reservist continued: "Yes, it definitely can turn into a big war and a big war with Hezbollah is not like Hamas, they are a real army, very trained, greatly equipped and they have a lot of experience, real experience in Syria." Hezbollah intervened in the war in Syria, fighting for the regime of President Bashar al-Assad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68231543

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...