In the Name of God بسم الله

How are you coping with everything going on?

Rate this topic

Meedy

• Advanced Member

I am just curious to know, how people coping with the current situation in Palestine.  It's very hard to cope. Every morning I wake hoping to hear some better news but nope, All I see genocide being committed everyday against Palestinians , not much actions from Muslims countries. I pray to God and hope God intervenes and does something to stop the genocide and punish Israel and the West with a crushing punishment and a humiliation defeat.

أَلَمۡ يَعۡلَم بِأَنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَرَىٰ 

4b51aaf0a31f744892433fa0a0ac1535.jpg

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Meedy said:

how people coping with the current situation in Palestine.  It's very hard to cope. Every morning I wake hoping to hear some better news but nope, All I see genocide being committed everyday against Palestinians , not much actions from Muslims countries.

Yes it is very hard seeing all these images. I don't think I have ever seen so many people being massacred like this. 

But no matter how much anger and grief is bottled up inside us, we need to channel it in healthy ways. This means being proactive, educating ourselves and others in our circles, donating, staying connected with others around the world and being aware with regards to international current affairs etc.  Also celebrating the victories of the Palestinians that go unnoticed such as the resistance etc.  

But on the practical side yes it can be difficult, that is why it is important allocate chunks from our day to sport/physical activity and focusing on other things just to freshen up. But we should definitely dedicate some time during our day to keep up with what is happening and also connecting with Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) be it through reading the Qur'an, ahadith, attending gatherings in the mosque etc.

Also sometimes simply talking to others about this and processing it is important. It is totally different processing it all by yourself than with a nice bunch of friends. Staying connected with fellow Muslims in the online world can also help.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

• Advanced Member

I unstalled instagram yesterday again because I saw a lot of bad news. Starting this Saturday, my exams will start so I need for focus on my studies. The other thing is my instagram account was temporarily banned so I’m planning to stop using Instagram permanently. 

• Advanced Member

I mean, there was a whole world of awful things happening a month ago, before this new thing started, right? Al-hayat ad-dunya is always and will probably always be a bit of a horrorshow. 

If we were previously just sort of nonchalantly chilling, and then we get distraught because awfulness pops up in a specific area of the world we care more about, that’s normal, and understandable—as finite humans we can’t realistically sustain mainlining awfulness all the time. And I am not saying to fall into the “whatabout” fallacy that if you can’t care about Issue A unless you care about Issues B through Z. But at the same time, if we’re honest, we have to admit it is a matter selective attention.

You just sort of Stoicly keep going, focus on what you can impact positively in the world and work on that. Help your family. Help your local community. I recommend exercise and gardening. Exercise helps you manage stress and plants don’t disappoint you like people do. 

• Advanced Member
On 11/3/2023 at 10:08 AM, kadhim said:

I mean, there was a whole world of awful things happening a month ago, before this new thing started, right? Al-hayat ad-dunya is always and will probably always be a bit of a horrorshow. 

If we were previously just sort of nonchalantly chilling, and then we get distraught because awfulness pops up in a specific area of the world we care more about, that’s normal, and understandable—as finite humans we can’t realistically sustain mainlining awfulness all the time. And I am not saying to fall into the “whatabout” fallacy that if you can’t care about Issue A unless you care about Issues B through Z. But at the same time, if we’re honest, we have to admit it is a matter selective attention.

You just sort of Stoicly keep going, focus on what you can impact positively in the world and work on that. Help your family. Help your local community. I recommend exercise and gardening. Exercise helps you manage stress and plants don’t disappoint you like people do. 

Salam,

I think you raise a very valid point here. 

Why are we all only waking up right now, when there are peaks in atrocity, when there is so much injustice occurring in the world around us?

21 hours ago, kadhim said:

there was a whole world of awful things happening a month ago, before this new thing started, right? Al-hayat ad-dunya is always and will probably always be a bit of a horrorshow. 

It’s okay to admit that this is one of the worst things going on in the world at the moment. On top of the awful things that were happening a month ago there is yet another gruesome massacre in the Middle East. That’s not us being selective … children dying at this magnitude was not happening a month ago

• Advanced Member
17 hours ago, In Gods Name said:

Salam,

I think you raise a very valid point here. 

Why are we all only waking up right now, when there are peaks in atrocity, when there is so much injustice occurring in the world around us?

I mean, that was not exactly my point, but whatevs.

• Advanced Member
39 minutes ago, kadhim said:

I mean, that was not exactly my point, but whatevs.

Salam,

Yes, hence i partially agree with what you said. The part i agree with - the dunya has always been a horror show.

This to me, is a reminder - and this is the part i take my own lessons, should we really be in campaigning mode only during injustice as it occurs now and then silent after?

Obviously, there needs to be a balance, stoicism - something you suggested , in my opinion, could be a way to supplement a balanced state of mind while one concurrently helps fight against injustice year round. 

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

Bismillah, 

I have been pretty depressed the last two weeks, honestly. 

The only thing that keeps me going is keeping these events in perspective and seeing the larger picture. 

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) says in the Holy Quran.

وَلَا يَحْسَبَنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوٓا۟ أَنَّمَا نُمْلِى لَهُمْ خَيْرٌ لِّأَنفُسِهِمْ إِنَّمَا نُمْلِى لَهُمْ لِيَزْدَادُوٓا۟ إِثْمًا وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ مُّهِينٌ

مَّا كَانَ ٱللَّهُ لِيَذَرَ ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ عَلَىٰ مَآ أَنتُمْ عَلَيْهِ حَتَّىٰ يَمِيزَ ٱلْخَبِيثَ مِنَ ٱلطَّيِّبِ وَمَا كَانَ ٱللَّهُ لِيُطْلِعَكُمْ عَلَى ٱلْغَيْبِ وَلَـٰكِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَجْتَبِى مِن رُّسُلِهِۦ مَن يَشَآءُ فَـَٔامِنُوا۟ بِٱللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِۦ وَإِن تُؤْمِنُوا۟ وَتَتَّقُوا۟ فَلَكُمْ أَجْرٌ عَظِيمٌ

And they should not think - they who are bent on denying the truth - that Our giving them respite is good for them: We give them respite only to let them grow in sinfulness; and shameful suffering awaits them

It is not God's will [O you who deny the truth] to abandon the believers to your way of life:  [and] to that end He will set apart the bad from the good. And it is not God's will to give you insight into that which is beyond the reach of human perception: but [to that end] God elects whomsoever He wills from among His apostles.  Believe, then, in God and His apostles; for if you believe and are conscious of Him, a magnificent requital awaits you.

Holy Quran: 3:178-179

The way I understand these ayats is that there is a reason Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) allows events like this to happen. The reason or the purpose is to separate the evil people from the good people. By allowing the evil people free reign , in certain situations, to act out their evil intentions with no hindrance or barrier, the will demonstrate to the world and to the entire creation who they really are and their true nature. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) already knows their true nature, but because he is Al Adl (The most Just), he cannot punish them for something before they actually do it. The other intention in this is to show the good people and to demonstrate their goodness and truthfulness and courage in the face of overwhelming odds against them. The people of Gaza, by standing up to the Zionist enemy and by refusing to go along with their Zionist plans, despite the fact that this has cause them an extreme hardship which most of us can't even imagine, they have practically demonstrated who they actually are to the world and to creation and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) already knew who they were and are. 

When Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) says 'and He will separate the evil from the good',  this is a declarative, definite statement meaning it absolutely will happen, whether people like it or not. It is happening now, and we all can see it. 

So who are the evil people ? 

They are first the people who do and support Batil (falsehood and oppression) and also those who have ability to speak up about it and change things but they don't do it. 

The top of the list is Netanyahu and the IOF (Israeli Occupation Forces). They are the ones who are now carrying out the genocide with their own hands. They are the tip of the spear and the tip of the iceberg. There are many others who are holding them up and supporting them, i.e. the evil people. 

Now it is time to call out the others by name. 

Equal with them on the top of the list are those who support them and enable them. Top of that list is Sleepy Joe Biden and the US Govt. With them are the US and other corporations who actively support the genocide. You probably have heard the names before. McDonalds, Starbucks, and Disney. They need to be at the top of our boycott list. 

I honestly like a good cup of coffee and I used to go to Starbucks once in a while. I don't anymore and now I have switched to Biggby's Coffee, another 'fancy' coffee store in Michigan. Honestly, they have better coffee anyway and they are not supporting genocide. If you look, you can find equivalents to all these nasty supporters of genocide at an equivalent quality and price.

If you are paying for Disney Plus streaming service, cancel it tonight, tonight !!! This is one practical way we can demonstrate to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) that we support our brothers and sisters in Palestine. 

We just get used to doing certain things and that is why we do them. The least we can do for our brothers and sisters in Palestine is to stop buying anything from these genocide supporters. Not everyone who works at these places are evil, and some are only working there because they are poor and this is the only job / income they can find. I don't blame them but I blame those above them who make the decision to send support to the perpetrators of genocide. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) not forgive them. 

Next on the list are the 'A List' celebrities who have been silent about the genocide that is happening. 

Taylor Swift. She claims to be all about 'human rights, etc, etc'. Please spare us. You now, at this moment have the ability to mobilizes hundreds of thousands of 'swifties' and get them in the streets to support human rights for Palestine. You are not doing it. Why ? Because your mask fell off and now we see you for who you truly are, a greedy, power hungry, somewhat talented musician who cares much more about maintaining the 'brand' and the $$$ than anything else. Money and brand over dying babies. The epitome of capitalism. If she reads this and disagrees, please prove me wrong by using your powerful voice to speak up on behalf of the people on whom genocide is being perpetrated this very minute. Otherwise shut up. 

The same goes for the Kardashians and almost all of the celebrities and movie stars who have remained silent or some, like Dwayne Johnson aka 'The Rock' has actually spoke up in support of genocide. Noone will forget this, like you think they will. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has given to them fame and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) can easily take it away, and with that fame comes responsibility. The main responsibility is to speak up, at least when genocide is happening. Failing to do this will be a very great sin and a stain which will not wash off, and now most people can see it. 

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) support and help the brave people of Gaza and Palestine and shower them with patience and with His Mercy and Forgiveness. Be Haqa Muhammad wa Ahle Muhammad. Ameen. Ya Rabil Al Ameen. 

Here is a good and hopeful youtube video I saw on the subject recently. I think most here will enjoy it. It is brother Sami Hamdi, who I started listening to recently. He does a deep analysis of the current situation in Gaza and shows how the behaviour of Netanyahu and the IOF shows that they believe they are losing in Gaza. 

I understand how you feel brother, it's been a month and till now the palestinians are getting myrthed, I can't focus on my exams which started today. We started boycotting almost all products that is supporting israhell, I am making dua for our palestinians brother and sister. 

Regarding the celebrities, that's something expected because all of them worship money. Even here in middle east, the popular celebrities did not talk about what's happening in gaza until their fans requested them to do it. It's a shame Mia Khalifa is talking about Palestinians and standing up for them through her platform and she even lost million of dollars contract with a company because they found out she supports palestine while the muslims celebrities prefer to remain silent because they are worried they might lose some money. 

Btw where is the website which you linked few days ago? The website that shows all the zionist products and company that are supporting israhell?

Edited by Diaz

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Diaz said:

I understand how you feel brother, it's been a month and till now the palestinians are getting myrthed, I can't focus on my exams which started today. We started boycotting almost all products that is supporting israhell, I am making dua for our palestinians brother and sister. 

Regarding the celebrities, that's something expected because all of them worship money. Even here in middle east, the popular celebrities did not talk about what's happening in gaza until their fans requested them to do it. It's a shame Mia Khalifa is talking about Palestinians and standing up for them through her platform and she even lost million of dollars contract with a company because they found out she supports palestine while the muslims celebrities prefer to remain silent because they are worried they might lose some money. 

Btw where is the website which you linked few days ago? The website that shows all the zionist products and company that are supporting israhell?

Its a chrome extension. 

Also, try to focus on your exams. You can't help the people of Palestine by doing bad on your exams, lol. If you don't focus / study, you will probably do bad. When I was in college, I would study, then take a 15 min break to read the news, etc, then after the 15 minutes go back to studying. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Diaz said:

Brother, we feel your pain,

but we need educated, strong, successful Muslims.

You should study as much as you can from now for your exams.

I believe in you, and i am making Dua for you.

Take a pause and break from this inshaAllah, don't feel guilty about it, Allah is understanding. 

• Forum Administrators
On 11/4/2023 at 1:28 PM, Abu Hadi said:

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) support and help the brave people of Gaza and Palestine and shower them with patience and with His Mercy and Forgiveness. Be Haqa Muhammad wa Ahle Muhammad. Ameen. Ya Rabil Al Ameen. 

Ilahi Ameen.

• Advanced Member

I'm honestly just desensitized to it at this point. Yes, it's enraging, but I'm only one person with zero connections to the region (I'm not Jewish nor Arab). There's also not a lot I can do to help personally. I did have to break off a relationship because of all this, though. Can't be with someone whose friends smear me as an anti-semite because I side with the Palestinians.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

It is very sad what is happening right now. my mother when she was a little kid, she saw a lot of things about Gaza. It was very scary to the point that you would be scared to touch the Remote. It was like a horror movie. I am not going into the details because it is just horrible. Keep praying everyone and don't lose hope, Inshallah, at the best time Imam Zaman will Come.

• Advanced Member
On 11/4/2023 at 1:28 PM, Abu Hadi said:

Bismillah, 

I have been pretty depressed the last two weeks, honestly. 

The only thing that keeps me going is keeping these events in perspective and seeing the larger picture. 

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) says in the Holy Quran.

وَلَا يَحْسَبَنَّ ٱلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوٓا۟ أَنَّمَا نُمْلِى لَهُمْ خَيْرٌ لِّأَنفُسِهِمْ إِنَّمَا نُمْلِى لَهُمْ لِيَزْدَادُوٓا۟ إِثْمًا وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ مُّهِينٌ

مَّا كَانَ ٱللَّهُ لِيَذَرَ ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ عَلَىٰ مَآ أَنتُمْ عَلَيْهِ حَتَّىٰ يَمِيزَ ٱلْخَبِيثَ مِنَ ٱلطَّيِّبِ وَمَا كَانَ ٱللَّهُ لِيُطْلِعَكُمْ عَلَى ٱلْغَيْبِ وَلَـٰكِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَجْتَبِى مِن رُّسُلِهِۦ مَن يَشَآءُ فَـَٔامِنُوا۟ بِٱللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِۦ وَإِن تُؤْمِنُوا۟ وَتَتَّقُوا۟ فَلَكُمْ أَجْرٌ عَظِيمٌ

And they should not think - they who are bent on denying the truth - that Our giving them respite is good for them: We give them respite only to let them grow in sinfulness; and shameful suffering awaits them

It is not God's will [O you who deny the truth] to abandon the believers to your way of life:  [and] to that end He will set apart the bad from the good. And it is not God's will to give you insight into that which is beyond the reach of human perception: but [to that end] God elects whomsoever He wills from among His apostles.  Believe, then, in God and His apostles; for if you believe and are conscious of Him, a magnificent requital awaits you.

Holy Quran: 3:178-179

The way I understand these ayats is that there is a reason Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) allows events like this to happen. The reason or the purpose is to separate the evil people from the good people. By allowing the evil people free reign , in certain situations, to act out their evil intentions with no hindrance or barrier, the will demonstrate to the world and to the entire creation who they really are and their true nature. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) already knows their true nature, but because he is Al Adl (The most Just), he cannot punish them for something before they actually do it. The other intention in this is to show the good people and to demonstrate their goodness and truthfulness and courage in the face of overwhelming odds against them. The people of Gaza, by standing up to the Zionist enemy and by refusing to go along with their Zionist plans, despite the fact that this has cause them an extreme hardship which most of us can't even imagine, they have practically demonstrated who they actually are to the world and to creation and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) already knew who they were and are. 

When Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) says 'and He will separate the evil from the good',  this is a declarative, definite statement meaning it absolutely will happen, whether people like it or not. It is happening now, and we all can see it. 

So who are the evil people ? 

They are first the people who do and support Batil (falsehood and oppression) and also those who have ability to speak up about it and change things but they don't do it. 

The top of the list is Netanyahu and the IOF (Israeli Occupation Forces). They are the ones who are now carrying out the genocide with their own hands. They are the tip of the spear and the tip of the iceberg. There are many others who are holding them up and supporting them, i.e. the evil people. 

Now it is time to call out the others by name. 

Equal with them on the top of the list are those who support them and enable them. Top of that list is Sleepy Joe Biden and the US Govt. With them are the US and other corporations who actively support the genocide. You probably have heard the names before. McDonalds, Starbucks, and Disney. They need to be at the top of our boycott list. 

I honestly like a good cup of coffee and I used to go to Starbucks once in a while. I don't anymore and now I have switched to Biggby's Coffee, another 'fancy' coffee store in Michigan. Honestly, they have better coffee anyway and they are not supporting genocide. If you look, you can find equivalents to all these nasty supporters of genocide at an equivalent quality and price.

If you are paying for Disney Plus streaming service, cancel it tonight, tonight !!! This is one practical way we can demonstrate to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) that we support our brothers and sisters in Palestine. 

We just get used to doing certain things and that is why we do them. The least we can do for our brothers and sisters in Palestine is to stop buying anything from these genocide supporters. Not everyone who works at these places are evil, and some are only working there because they are poor and this is the only job / income they can find. I don't blame them but I blame those above them who make the decision to send support to the perpetrators of genocide. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) not forgive them. 

Next on the list are the 'A List' celebrities who have been silent about the genocide that is happening. 

Taylor Swift. She claims to be all about 'human rights, etc, etc'. Please spare us. You now, at this moment have the ability to mobilizes hundreds of thousands of 'swifties' and get them in the streets to support human rights for Palestine. You are not doing it. Why ? Because your mask fell off and now we see you for who you truly are, a greedy, power hungry, somewhat talented musician who cares much more about maintaining the 'brand' and the $$$ than anything else. Money and brand over dying babies. The epitome of capitalism. If she reads this and disagrees, please prove me wrong by using your powerful voice to speak up on behalf of the people on whom genocide is being perpetrated this very minute. Otherwise shut up. 

The same goes for the Kardashians and almost all of the celebrities and movie stars who have remained silent or some, like Dwayne Johnson aka 'The Rock' has actually spoke up in support of genocide. Noone will forget this, like you think they will. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has given to them fame and Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) can easily take it away, and with that fame comes responsibility. The main responsibility is to speak up, at least when genocide is happening. Failing to do this will be a very great sin and a stain which will not wash off, and now most people can see it. 

Here is a good and hopeful youtube video I saw on the subject recently. I think most here will enjoy it. It is brother Sami Hamdi, who I started listening to recently. He does a deep analysis of the current situation in Gaza and shows how the behaviour of Netanyahu and the IOF shows that they believe they are losing in Gaza. 

Salamu alaykum brother, 

don't worry we are all in this together. Just keep praying and inshallah everything will be alright, Inshallah

• Advanced Member
On 11/12/2023 at 1:33 AM, JannahLM said:

I'm honestly just desensitized to it at this point. Yes, it's enraging, but I'm only one person with zero connections to the region (I'm not Jewish nor Arab). There's also not a lot I can do to help personally. I did have to break off a relationship because of all this, though. Can't be with someone whose friends smear me as an anti-semite because I side with the Palestinians.

Don't worry about those people, better to stay away from them. prayer and dua is the best thing to do, for right now. It is very hard to donate:(

• Advanced Member
On 11/12/2023 at 6:33 PM, JannahLM said:

I understand. I feel like some of them are either believe whatever mainstream media tells them or perhaps deep inside of them, they are anti Islam or anti arab.