In the Name of God بسم الله

• Veteran Member

salaam,

sorry to hear about your situation.

Are you the only son and brother? If so, you have a responsibility to take care of your mother and sister. More than anything, the reactions of your mother and sister come from a fear of losing you. Women get very possessive that way.

You are going to have to prepare them to accept whoever you choose to marry. Remind them that you made the sacrifice one and now they will have to make the sacrifice.

I hope and pray that you find peace, love and harmony soon 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, ShiaMan14 said:

More than anything, the reactions of your mother and sister come from a fear of losing you. Women get very possessive that way.

You are going to have to prepare them to accept whoever you choose to marry. Remind them that you made the sacrifice one and now they will have to make the sacrifice.

I hope and pray that you find peace, love and harmony soon 

:salam:

No sound person fears to lose a son or brother because of him marrying. I am sorry to say that jealousy may have interfered here. 

However, I fully agree with the advice. Brother will have to be firm and get his will respected from now on. 

But we may have forgotten the main question here @Ali_Raza_313 : how old are you? 

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, realizm said:

:salam:

No sound person fears to lose a son or brother because of him marrying. I am sorry to say that jealousy may have interfered here. 

However, I fully agree with the advice. Brother will have to be firm and get his will respected from now on. 

But we may have forgotten the main question here @Ali_Raza_313 : how old are you? 

Jealousy is what I meant brother but without the negative connotation.

Sense of losing or having to share son/brother may be driving their actions without them even knowing it.

• Advanced Member

There's nothing like waiting for older sibling to marry so that I can marry. They're not related both logically and Isalamically. Islam does say help responsible people to marry but there's no marriage ordering or sorting.