Jump to content
In the Name of God بسم الله

Question For Learning Arabic

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

I have always been curious how brother @Coollearned to understand Arabic without the aid of translations. Did you learn it formally in a Madressa, or did you learn it through self study?

I have personally been using Duolingo and Quranic for the last few months, and I understand it at least as well as Punjabi. I may understand simple and basic phrases, and I sometimes get the gist of the message from longer Ayah's.

For some reason, Ahadith are more difficult for me than Ayahs.

I would like to know about the experiences of non native Arabs who learned it, and some tips on how can I take it to the next level.

Edit: I would also like some ideas on how to go about learning Farsi. There's no Farsi on Duolingo. Brother @Ashvazdanghe, any pointers? Also, is Dari and Farsi the same or mutually intelligible?

 

Edited by Sabrejet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

If you type “learn Arabic” on google or YouTube you will come up with dozens if not hundreds of resources to learn Arabic. There is no shortage of online courses, books, blogs, conversation videos, and other resources to help you along your learning journey. It can be overwhelming, especially if you are an absolute beginner.

In this article, we will list some resources that will help you improve your level of Arabic by various means. I have been teaching myself Fusha (Classical and MSA) Arabic, casually since 2004, and with more intent since 2015. There were phases during my learning when I would be digging into books and listening to lectures on Arabic grammar. I believe that early on in your Arabic studies, focusing on grammar is the most efficient and important method to gain grasp over the language. The learning curve with Arabic is very steep early on. One tends to gain a lot of powerful information in a very short amount of time after which one’s level of Arabic may stall. At this point, there is a need to enhance one’s Arabic vocabulary and the best way to do this is through Arabic immersion – You expose yourself to the language in multiple forms: Listening, reading, writing and speaking. The list that we are about to present relates to these aspects of learning (except speaking).

The beauty of this list is that the tools mentioned here can be useful for the very beginner as well as for the advanced learner of Arabic. Everyone can get something out of these resources, depending on their needs:.......

Source:

https://arabicleap.com/top-resources-to-learn-and-improve-your-arabic/

(Author:Wassee Syed)

Edited by Aale Mohammad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 5/25/2023 at 5:24 PM, Sabrejet said:

Edit: I would also like some ideas on how to go about learning Farsi. There's no Farsi on Duolingo. Brother @Ashvazdanghe, any pointers? Also, is Dari and Farsi the same or mutually intelligible?

Salam you can find soe ideas about learning Farsi in beside threads  about Dari & Farsi both of these are Persian language which usually Farsi has been mentioned as standard dialect of Iran which is basis of learning other branches of persian language likewise Dari which Dari is persian dialect of Afghan people which affected by geographical location which when Iranians & Afghan people talk with each other understand more than 90% speaking of each other which remaining 10% depends on accents & idioms & level of density of way of talking .

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...