In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts 2023

Rate this topic

Haji 2003

• Advanced Member
27 minutes ago, Diaz said:

lol I’m really angry, my Kuwaiti professor said we must support Starbucks and other products like Nivea and nestle etc because majority of these Zionist products are owned by gcc (respect to brother ashv) and if we stopped then they (the arab owner) will suffer. He even said he is against people killed but what’s happening is none of his business

Wow ! :shock: its something no one expects to hear froma professor. I wonder if he get shares or business with companies lol. He should be saying dont buy those products, buy home grown or neighbouring made products. 

That's tell us that not all Muslims care about Palestinian, despite having 1 billion Muslims in the world. It's disappointing and sad

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, In Gods Name said:

Good decision my bro.

Why not update us with your daily progress study wise?

Sure I will, thank u

3 minutes ago, Meedy said:

Wow ! :shock: its something no one expects to hear froma professor. I wonder if he get shares or business with companies lol. He should be saying dont buy those products, buy home grown or neighbouring made products. 

That's tell us that not all Muslims care about Palestinian, despite having 1 billion Muslims in the world. It's disappointing and sad

He said he will support either Kuwaiti or products from gulf (respect to brother ashv) if the things he wants is not available then he will purchase the popular ones ie the Zionist products. And it’s 2 billion Muslims. 

Edited by Diaz

• Basic Members

Having watched some videos where certain individuals deliberately try to misrepresent our scholar's view in order to push their own anti-shi'ism agenda has really made me think about something scary.
I assume many are familiar with A.I tools such as this one:

And it just made me think... What if such individuals begin to use these tools to create fake videos of our scholars to push unislamic views? Or create videos where the scholars "say" something outrageous with the goal of having people lose faith in them? What if they've done it already? Actually, I don't believe that this is a "what if" scenario, but rather a "when" scenario. When this happens, we must, more than ever before, become critical of what we hear and see, especially when it comes to shorts and questionable channels.
I've seen AI tools that simply change how a mouth is moved in order to match it with added voice-over. Such videoes in the future would go beyond the video above of Morgan Freeman, but will appear as a normal video where a scholar might sit behind his desk or at the minbar, and it will sound like him... but it won't be him.  

• Advanced Member
18 hours ago, TheMarionettist said:

Having watched some videos where certain individuals deliberately try to misrepresent our scholar's view in order to push their own anti-shi'ism agenda has really made me think about something scary.
I assume many are familiar with A.I tools such as this one:

And it just made me think... What if such individuals begin to use these tools to create fake videos of our scholars to push unislamic views? Or create videos where the scholars "say" something outrageous with the goal of having people lose faith in them? What if they've done it already? Actually, I don't believe that this is a "what if" scenario, but rather a "when" scenario. When this happens, we must, more than ever before, become critical of what we hear and see, especially when it comes to shorts and questionable channels.
I've seen AI tools that simply change how a mouth is moved in order to match it with added voice-over. Such videoes in the future would go beyond the video above of Morgan Freeman, but will appear as a normal video where a scholar might sit behind his desk or at the minbar, and it will sound like him... but it won't be him.  

Yes, this is actually scary. I saw a video about a woman who is looking at left side and reading but AI made her look at the camera even tho she wasn’t.

• Advanced Member

Let the Muslim Ummah unite on Tawheed, and love and adherence for Muhammed (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) the mercy to all the worlds.

I now realise, the cure for Fisq, for Ghuluw, for all the Jahiiliyah statements and behaviour is to return to the Prophet of Islam.

Adhere to what he did. If he didn't do it, are you better than him doing something he himself didn't do? His Islam was perfect , nobody after him can invent a new act and then claim yes, you should do this.

Let the Sunnah of Muhammed, the Akhlaq of Muhammed, the Tawheed of Muhammed flood your hearts, your families, your mosques.

Be the one in your family, and your mosques to revive mention of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), 

• Advanced Member

A girl from our university made a petition to remove Starbucks and subway from our university, more than 500 student signed including me, what shocked me is that less than 5% where male, what a shame. 

• Advanced Member

After 2013, I have noticed that at most of my work places, there are mostly men. I think this is strange because I work in chemistry labs and that field shouldn't be male dominated. I think in chemistry and biology, women and men are equal in number in universities. I would think that women study these subjects more than men. So where do women work? I am suspicious if there's some kind of discrimination. Because for many jobs now the requirement is to be able to life heavy objects. If a person has to lift heavy objects only once during their entire work day, then making that a requirement is ridiculous. Any man can be assigned that duty. At my last job, they wanted me to lift bucket of ice, I refused so they hired a guy. I am getting suspicious that US government is deliberately trying to make it harder women to work so that they are forced to become dependent upon men, they have to get married and have kids. I saw LinkedIn profile of my coworker from 2013. She was a manager, very intelligent and successful in her career. But she has been unemployed since 2021. If I was in a male dominated field, I would understand why there are more men than women. But I am not in a male dominated field. 

• Forum Administrators
43 minutes ago, Diaz said:

What is this brother? 

Illustration of the terror label being applied in a context where it's now seen as propaganda.

• Advanced Member
47 minutes ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

The renowned speaker, Syed Asad Jafri, passed away. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless his soul. 

إنَّا للّٰه و إنَّا الیہِ راجعون

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajioon

• Advanced Member
On 10/28/2023 at 7:42 AM, notme said:

I've been at my new job for two days, and it is delightful. I'm going to be able to make a positive difference in these children's lives and still be home to take care of my own family!

Yesterday at the end of the day, a boy approached me and said "they tell me you're good at math." I said "I'm very good at math - I used to be a math teacher in middle school before I came here." He said "I'm not so good at math." I said "would you like me to help you?" He said "yes". I said "if it's ok with your teacher, I'd be happy to help. That's what I'm here for - to help students."

Made my day.  

Not all heroes wear capes.

Some of my fondest memories, critical now in hindsight to my development have come from those interactions i had had with teachers who have gone that little bit extra , sparked that curiosity and belief in me.

• Advanced Member

So people in my community are constantly promoting this idea that without taqwa, all your deeds are useless. Prayer, fasting, majlis, going for ziarat, nothing will benefit you. And by taqwa they mean getting married and remaining faithful to your spouse. Doesn't this sound very narrow minded and tunnel vision approach? There are other sins in Islam other than sexual sins. And studies have showed again and again that men are happier after getting married. It's easier for them to love any woman. While most women are unhappy in marriages, that's why they avoid marriage. Doesn't this idea that you can only be a muttaqi if you are happy in your marriage, doesn't it seem to favor men? And doesn't it agree with all those hadiths that majority of people in hell will be women? And how it fair that if I am not happily married, I am not allowed to follow other parts of Islam like praying, fasting, ziarat? 

Edited by rkazmi33

• Forum Administrators
On 10/22/2023 at 10:52 AM, TheMarionettist said:

This is when we need to verify who made the video and that they are trustworthy, and we can see that others are in the same room with the scholar, maybe a dozen colleagues, a hundred students, or thousands of participants in an outdoor setting, who are all watching and listening to the scholar and who can verify that he actually said something. 

• Forum Administrators

Austerlitz

Austerlitz: fought by linear, orderly formations on a rolling line of hills under the midday sun.

Ridley Scott: “What if instead it was disorganized mobs fighting at night on a frozen lake”

https://twitter.com/witte_sergei/status/1723790040440943078

• Advanced Member
On 10/22/2023 at 4:35 PM, Meedy said:

its something no one expects to hear froma professor

Today our lecture started after our mid term exams, he was drinking Starbucks. 

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Diaz said:

Today our lecture started after our mid term exams, he was drinking Starbucks

Disappointing but not surprised 

• Advanced Member

I don't want to work in an overnight shift and all the jobs I am able to find are looking for overnight shift. I can sleep in the morning. The only concern I have is that women don't generally work in the night shift. So I will deal with more sexual harassment in the night shift with men thinking I am easy because I am okay with working in the night shift. 

• Basic Members
On 1/19/2023 at 9:28 AM, Allah Seeker said:

Any thought that does not involve direct, conscious and loving remembrance and connection with God, is an utter waste required to have mercy upon us, as we walk around blind with the thoughts of worldly things, and neglected the only One that matters and controls all things. Zikr Allah is greater 

I have been trying to do Zikr constantly throughout the day on and off. Are there any benefits you have seen from doing constant Zikr, did you receive assurances from Allah, or were there things you could experience that you couldn't? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 10/28/2023 at 8:42 AM, notme said:

I've been at my new job for two days, and it is delightful. I'm going to be able to make a positive difference in these children's lives and still be home to take care of my own family!

Yesterday at the end of the day, a boy approached me and said "they tell me you're good at math." I said "I'm very good at math - I used to be a math teacher in middle school before I came here." He said "I'm not so good at math." I said "would you like me to help you?" He said "yes". I said "if it's ok with your teacher, I'd be happy to help. That's what I'm here for - to help students."

Made my day.  

That's lovely. It reminded me of my days as a teacher. Although I loved teaching, I hated the unfair responsibilities being thrusted upon us by management, making everything so stressful, while we were overworked all the time.