In the Name of God بسم الله

Ramadhan 1444 (2023): Happy Eid

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Diaz said:

Salam everyone, is it ok to read dua jawshan e kabeer in english and get rewarded as reading in arabic? Or is it recommended to read it in arabic

Salam you can read it any languge which you prefer so then get rewarded for it although knowing Arabic so then reading it in Arabic helps you understand it better than any translation of it.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam you can read it any languge which you prefer so then get rewarded for it although knowing Arabic so then reading it in Arabic helps you understand it better than any translation of it.

When should I recite it brother? 

• Advanced Member
On 4/13/2023 at 3:54 PM, Diaz said:

When should I recite it brother? 

Salam you can recite it anytime that you want although reading it highly recommended during Qadr nights which 23rd (Night of Power) is common between both ofSunni & Shia muslim which in addition Sunnis believe that 27rd night is Qadr night.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam you can recite it anytime that you want although reading it highly recommended during Qadr nights which 23rd (Night of Power) is common between both ofSunni & Shia muslim which in addition Sunnis believe that 27rd night is Qadr night.

Alhamdulillah I did that, thank you brother 

Guest Aliya
On 4/12/2023 at 3:57 PM, Haji 2003 said:

Salaam,. Is anyone else feeling uncomfortable that the UK government is informing us when Eid is rather than our own maraja?

• Forum Administrators
4 hours ago, Guest Aliya said:

Salaam,. Is anyone else feeling uncomfortable that the UK government is informing us when Eid is rather than our own maraja?

To be fair, they are not saying when Eid is.

What they are doing is telling us the visibility of the moon. Depending on your Marja or sect, you can decide when Eid will be for a region.

Of course, those people who believe that Eid is whenever the Saudis say it is, for example, would have a problem with this. But I am in the taqlid of Ayat. Sistani and following his approach, the information given by the UK government is useful.

• Forum Administrators

"When is Eid in North America? | Dr. Shaykh Mehdi Hazari"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UwXoXS1et8

When is Eid for North America?

• Advanced Member

Sadly many people here in the northeast are getting bent out of shape about the concept of celebrating Eid on a different day than the rest of the country. But the logic  becomes very obvious when you look at the map above- it simply won’t be possible to sight w the naked eye in certain areas.

Maybe people should use this as a learning opportunity to understand the science and fiqh behind these decisions instead of getting frustrated about it. And if our Ramadan is one day longer … wouldn’t we inshallah be getting more ajr than the rest of the bunch, what’s to complain about. 

• Advanced Member

I don’t want to celebrate Eid according to Saudi Arabia, since I live in a country that follow Saudi Arabia. :( 

Please when sayid sistani and sayid khamenei announce when Eid is in Middle East, inform me. 

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

Any announcement regarding when is Eid in Middle East according to sayid sistani and sayid khamenei?

edit:- according to sayid sistani, Eid is on Saturday. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CrQ6_aDqWrh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Edited by Diaz

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Diaz said:

Any announcement regarding when is Eid in Middle East according to sayid sistani

You don't need an announcement. Look at the images posted by realizm. It was known well in advance.

After all these years of discussion, why do so few people on forums make use those diagrams? It's thought provoking.

• Advanced Member
Just now, Muhammed Ali said:

You don't need an announcement. Look at the images posted by realizm. It was known well in advance.

After all these years of discussion, why do so few people on forums make use those diagrams? It's thought provoking.

I need, I won’t listen to anyone. Imagine if tomorrow is Ramadan but I was celebrating as Eid? I don’t want to do that. 

Alhamdulillah sayid sistani already announced that tomorrow is the last day of Ramadan. 

• Moderators
On 4/19/2023 at 10:01 PM, realizm said:

:salam:

All governments following KSA or Turkey have declared Friday as Eid. 

https://www.moonsighting.com/1444shw.html

I didn't think there would be room for doubt this year. 

Moon on Friday 

image.png.e89eb0dab6c9d48adb110fb49199be21.png

Moon on Thursday

image.png

According that graph moon is not visible in Friday in Finland, so it means Eid is Saturday for me. 

• Advanced Member
18 minutes ago, Abu Nur said:

It should be visible today, how suddenly they announced that for us it is Saturday? 

You saw it or no? 

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Diaz said:

You saw it or no? 

Salam sorry for delay , moon has not seen in Iran so therefore Saturday will be Eid alFitr  for Followers of, Imam Khamenei in Iran also previously office of Ayatollah sistani has announced that Saturday will be Eid al Fitr for his followers in Iraq &rest of world.

• Forum Administrators
6 hours ago, Guest Eid Mubarak said:

Al Khoei foundation in NY has stated it is Eid but   https://www.imams.us/news/the-crescent-moon-of-the-month-of-shawwal-1444-a-h/ 

has stated otherwise for NY. I am sooo confused. :( 

That has been explained above. For parts of New York and parts of Canada (Toronto), Eid is today Friday.

For other parts of New York and Canada (New York City, Boston, Ottawa, and Montreal) they are outside the visibility curve of seeing the crescent moon with the eye. 

b05818ca-52e4-b72c-b6de-6c771249720b.png
bca0395c-3dbf-e4c5-aeb6-dd5bf5ce636d.jpg

In the Name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Announcement Concerning:
The Crescent Moon of the Month of Shawwal, 1444 A.H.
To learn more, click here.

بيان هلال شهر شوال ١٤٤٤هجرية
صادر عن لجنة الاستهلال لمجلس علماء المسلمين الشيعة في أمريكا الشمالية

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

That has been explained above. For parts of New York and parts of Canada (Toronto), Eid is today Friday.

For other parts of New York and Canada (New York City, Boston, Ottawa, and Montreal) they are outside the visibility curve of seeing the crescent moon with the eye. 

b05818ca-52e4-b72c-b6de-6c771249720b.png
bca0395c-3dbf-e4c5-aeb6-dd5bf5ce636d.jpg

In the Name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Announcement Concerning:
The Crescent Moon of the Month of Shawwal, 1444 A.H.
To learn more, click here.

بيان هلال شهر شوال ١٤٤٤هجرية
صادر عن لجنة الاستهلال لمجلس علماء المسلمين الشيعة في أمريكا الشمالية

what about eid for Milwaukee?

• Forum Administrators
10 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

what about eid for Milwaukee?

Eid is today, Friday, April 21 in Milwaukee. Happy Eid.

• Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

May all our acts of worship be accepted and may all our sins be forgiven. 

eid-mubarak-festival-decorative-greeting-background_1017-18442.jpg

Edited by AbdusSibtayn