In the Name of God بسم الله

How can we refute this claim

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Asalam o Alaikum

A few weeks ago i came across this Question that  on a Islamic Website

"Quran takes stories and legends from greeks, Sumerians, Persians legends, Egyptian Myths, and Arab pagan religions, How is it a book of GOD if it takes stories from other religions, how do i believe there is a god if all scriptures say the same thing"

He mentioned the following

Sumerian Hazrat Nuh AS flood and birth story of Hazrat Moosa AS (the Sargon of Akkad)

This was what he mentioned and also said that cosmological events of Quran were also mentioned by Greeks

He named himself Ahmed but i hardly doubt he was a Muslim because he was quoting video's of idiot's with Scientific errord in Quran 

But still how can we refute this claim 

Although hzrat Nooh AS flood is a fact as historians themselves believe that there had been floods in Early Mesotopiam and for sure that is the flood Quran talked about 

But for ky Knowledge kindly mention the similarities between Quran and Greeks and Persian and other nation's this guy mentions 

And how can we refute them 

JazakAllah khair 

• Advanced Member
On 12/5/2022 at 2:57 PM, Solo_Ta72 said:

How is it a book of GOD if it takes stories from other religions, how do i believe there is a god if all scriptures say the same thing"

That us very poor reasoning indeed. 

In the life time of Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), People from different religions & backgrounds were attracting towards Islam. Most of them came to Prophet s a.w with some questions to verify if he is the true Prophet of God. So some one asked him about Dhulqarnain, some came up with question regarding the seven sleepers, some asked Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) to show miracles like Jesus & Mosas (عليهم السلام). Some asked about spirit, some enquired about cosmos & heavenly bodies, some asked about the great flood etc. 

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) answered all those question through revelation, most are mentioned in Quran. This way itself is a confirmation that the verses of Quran are infact the words of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). 

All the scriptures or alleged scriptures present in this world at the moment, are not saying the "same thing". There are certainly very notable differences among them. Most of the scriptures, from Adam (عليه السلام) to Jesus (عليه السلام), became the victims of tehreef. It is the only Quran which is protected from any & every sort of tehreef. It is a perfect book representing and guiding towards a perfect religion i.e., Islam. 

You should read the Holy Quran with purity of heart. Its verses possess the radiations greater and more intense then the nuclear radiations, and they will not only enlighten your whole being but also provide answer to every false claim. They can enable you to differentiate between the truth & falsehood Insha Allah. The only condition is to have the sincerity & purity of heart. 

• Advanced Member
On 12/5/2022 at 11:57 AM, Solo_Ta72 said:

Asalam o Alaikum

A few weeks ago i came across this Question that  on a Islamic Website

"Quran takes stories and legends from greeks, Sumerians, Persians legends, Egyptian Myths, and Arab pagan religions, How is it a book of GOD if it takes stories from other religions, how do i believe there is a god if all scriptures say the same thing"

He mentioned the following

Sumerian Hazrat Nuh AS flood and birth story of Hazrat Moosa AS (the Sargon of Akkad)

This was what he mentioned and also said that cosmological events of Quran were also mentioned by Greeks

He named himself Ahmed but i hardly doubt he was a Muslim because he was quoting video's of idiot's with Scientific errord in Quran 

But still how can we refute this claim 

Although hzrat Nooh AS flood is a fact as historians themselves believe that there had been floods in Early Mesotopiam and for sure that is the flood Quran talked about 

But for ky Knowledge kindly mention the similarities between Quran and Greeks and Persian and other nation's this guy mentions 

And how can we refute them 

JazakAllah khair 

Short answer is that it is a confirmation of these stories, and that they really happened. (This point is also clearly written in the Quran without any controversy)

The books are a continuation of a timeline of real events, and our prophet is simply the seal of prophets, who repeated old and added to it new news.

It's like an update of the same program, as all prophets from Adam, to Nuh, to Mohamed (pbut) are brothers in God, and are delivering in essence, the same exact message - warnings and glad tidings - with case studies from the past to teach us what will happen if we comply, or not comply with God and His messengers. 

It's all just to make us better persons.