In the Name of God بسم الله

I took down a LGBTQ flag

Rate this topic

Kalepaceh

• Advanced Member

Salam alaykum

My friends and I once took a LGBTQ flag from my school down. Have I sinned for doing this? I mean I took something other people payed for and just threw it in the trash. 

• Development Team
2 hours ago, Kalepaceh said:

My friends and I once took a LGBTQ flag from my school down. Have I sinned for doing this? I mean I took something other people payed for and just threw it in the trash. 

No, I don't think so, but you and your friends wasted your time doing so, because it will replaced with another LGBTQ flag. 

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Kalepaceh said:

Salam alaykum

:ws:

I'm pretty sure trashing a flag of فساد isn't a sin. One time I found a pride flag sticker on the ground, ripped it up and flushed it down the toilet. Good experience actually.

I sent a question to the website of Imam Khamenei (حفظه الله) for clarification. I should get the answer tomorrow; when I do I'll post it here inshallah. For the time being, ma3salemeh.

• Moderators
On 11/27/2022 at 4:27 PM, Kalepaceh said:

Salam alaykum

That's stealing.  Yes.  

You're entitled to your views,  but leave other people's stuff alone.  

3 hours ago, -Rejector- said:

lol I was like 14 or something

yeah no. you still consider it now a ‘good experience’ at your big age. seriously, muslims need to grow up and learn how to live with the billions of other humans on the planet 

On 11/28/2022 at 6:05 AM, Guest anon said:

Aw. Sorry to say, but gay people still exist. 

Aw. Sorry to say, but homosexuality is a sin.

But on a more serious note OP, since you were ignorant, in a way it's ok, but do not do that to public property. Now if someone was giving you a LGBT flag or your local masjid was putting a LGBT flag then it would not be a sin to damage the flag and take it down.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Aw. Sorry to say, but homosexuality is a sin.

So is alcohol, interest, strip clubs, prostitution and drugs. Are you doing anything about those? Destroying their things and properties? 

7 hours ago, VoidVortex said:

any answer from the office of Sayed Khamenei brother?

are you not a human with a brain who has basic respect and decency? why do you need a marja to tell you everything 

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Guest anon said:

yeah no. you still consider it now a ‘good experience’ at your big age. seriously, muslims need to grow up and learn how to live with the billions of other humans on the planet 

Salam Muslims specailly shias are living in peace with whole of "the billions of other humans on the planet " anyway it doesn't mean that we must accept their wrongdoings or confrim their great sins wich living with others only when is good that that it causes prosperity & development of each other for obeying & praying Allah but on oth other hand being single & isolated is better than confirming & doing great sins  because a large portion of people have no issue with these great sins .

1 hour ago, Guest anon said:

So is alcohol, interest, strip clubs, prostitution and drugs. Are you doing anything about those? Destroying their things and properties? 

All of them have been discused in another threads anyway avoiding them is easier because western governments just see it as personal issues so they have not forced muslims to follow these things but on the other hand westren countries have pushed too much effort on supporting LGBT which also they have tried to force it on muslim communities by any means even by violating human rights & freedom of Speech  which these countries say that Muslims must accept & support it whether theye want it or not  anyway destroying public property is not a recommended act which we must find smarter acts for standing against it.

1 hour ago, Guest anon said:

are you not a human with a brain who has basic respect and decency? why do you need a marja to tell you everything 

It's about respect not blind following which generally we know that any kind of  support from LGBT is forbidden also standing against it is recommended until it doesn't cause serious harm for anyone which asking from Marja is about asking from an expert for receiving a good & smart advice in similar fashion when you face a trouble you can ask from an expert although you know solution in order to become sure that you are solving problem in best way.

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

So you waited one year before emailing your marja's office?

A whole lot more than that :hahaha: 

I didn't really think there would be a problem with it. Now, obviously, I'm unsure. 

My question still hasn't been answered, inshallah only a couple more days.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, -Rejector- said:

A whole lot more than that :hahaha: 

I didn't really think there would be a problem with it. Now, obviously, I'm unsure. 

My question still hasn't been answered, inshallah only a couple more days.

If it's been that long, it doesn't matter anymore, even if it ever did.  

On 11/27/2022 at 1:27 PM, Kalepaceh said:

Salam alaykum

Why would you do this? 

• Advanced Member
On 11/28/2022 at 2:27 AM, Kalepaceh said:

Salam alaykum

You have not sinned but earned a virtue but you took a risk, you could have faced problem though. You should be careful while doing that nobody should see you doing that. And about worshipping illogical things, they need to be put down but without causing you any trouble. 

Edited by Borntowitnesstruth

• Advanced Member

It might not count as a sin so long as it's not regarded someone's property, but bear in mind henceforth that plucking the flag won't help your argument. It will only worsen things for you and other practising Muslims on campus. 

Amr bi'l ma'aroof wa nahy an'il munkar =\= adventurism. Find better ways to do dawah and naseehah. Organize the Muslim students on campus. Establish a study circle. Hold awareness meetings. Plucking flags/tearing down posters/banners is not the way to go about it. 

Wassalam. 

Edited by AbdusSibtayn

• Advanced Member

‘World full of snowflakes’: Bizarre homophobia row breaks out after Premier League star celebrates goal by destroying flag (VIDEO)

Soccer-Vardy shows support for LGBT fans with message on rainbow corner flag

A Sheffield Wednesday fan, scores in the 90 minute to get a win over Sheffield United and cause he kicks a flag that has a rainbow on he’s now homophobic the world has gone mad!!!

— Becky Alderson (@BeckyAlderson3) December 6, 2020

Here’s vardy punching a flag with a Leicester badge on it must mean he hates Leicester right? pic.twitter.com/D7PqWZh8xA

— James(@James98LCFC) December 6, 2020

World full of snowflakes its gone mad

— danny malone (@bugsy89) December 6, 2020

https://www.rt.com/sport/508875-jamie-vardy-corner-flag/

Soccer-Vardy shows support for LGBT fans with message on rainbow corner flag

After his 90th minute goal gave Leicester a 2-1 Premier League win at Bramall Lane, Vardy ran to the corner and slid into the flag, which was carrying the Pride flag colours in celebration of a ‘Rainbow Laces’ campaign.

The England striker managed to get the broken flag back in the ground but was shown a yellow card by referee Stuart Attwell.

Dec 9 (Reuters) - Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has written a message of support to the club’s LGBT fans group, Foxes Pride, on the rainbow corner flag he shattered while celebrating his winner against Sheffield United on Sunday

After images of the goal celebration went viral, Leicester’s LGBT supporters group received a number of messages on Twitter saying Vardy’s actions were a negative response to the campaign.

However, on Tuesday the group posted an image on Twitter here showing the snapped corner flag carrying the message: 'FOXES PRIDE - keep up the good work!' along with Vardy's signature.

https://www.reuters.com/article/soccer-england-lei-vardy-idUSL4N2IP19W

image.jpeg.1e8b6a3fe5419a4de72f35d7d2c3b16e.jpeg  image.jpeg.3545004752a12e2dff8c083ab9fd8938.jpeg  image.jpeg.32855dacafb115d94b751d1b00b49199.jpeg