In the Name of God بسم الله

Laziness

Rate this topic

mrj

• Basic Members

A few years ago, I used to be very lazy. I used to sometimes pray sitting down. I did this for about a year but would only be guessing the exact number of times I did this. I didn't know praying sitting down without a good reason would invalidate the prayer. Do these prayers have to be made up? If so, how many (as I am not sure the exact number of times this was done).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
On 11/20/2022 at 3:47 AM, mrj said:

A few years ago, I used to be very lazy. I used to sometimes pray sitting down. I did this for about a year but would only be guessing the exact number of times I did this. I didn't know praying sitting down without a good reason would invalidate the prayer. Do these prayers have to be made up? If so, how many (as I am not sure the exact number of times this was done).

Salam according to Ayatollah makrem Shrirazi if you have said Takbir while you have been standing at start of your praying  so then your prayer will be valid but on the other hand you must   made up your prayers gradually .

چنانچه شخصی که نماز خود را نشسته می خوانده، توانایی داشته که بعضی ارکان را به صورت ایستاده بخواند اما جاهل به حکم بوده، وظیفه اش چیست؟

اگر قیام هنگام تکبیرة الاحرام را ایستاده گفته نماز صحیح است اما از این به بعد رعایت نماید و الا باید به صورت تدریجی قضا نماید.

If a person who has prayed while sitting, has the ability to recite some pillars while standing, but he has been ignorant of the ruling, what is his duty?

If he has said the Takbeer of Ihram while standing up while saying , the prayer is correct, but he should observe it from now on, otherwise he should perform Qadha gradually.

https://makarem.ir/ahkam/fa/home/istifta/257925/تکلیف-نماز-های-گذشته-فردی-که-به-خاطر-جهل-نماز-را-نشسته-خوانده

https://makarem.ir/ahkam/fa/tag/index/60084/نشسته