In the Name of God بسم الله

A Non Muslim friend of mine asked me this question

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam alaikum 

Before anything kindly change name to ShiaEAli as i am the same.guy the post didn't get an approval so i used a guest account 

I have been posting here with the namw ShiaEAli for a long time now so some of my posts were not being approved so i thought I should create an account here.... So i am not someone new I've been here several times even with this account but the post didn't get approved God knows why 

So there's is this no Muslim guy I know he asked this Question from Me 

He asked me to prove How is Islam different as Islam says the same thing that Old religion that don't exist anymore say 

He gave me some examples one of them thay shocked me was the Veil (Hijab) he said that its not unique to Islam it was practiced by old Persian religions too so how is Islams unique 

How can i answer this Question of his or any other claims he'll come up with!

JazakAllah khair 

• Advanced Member

Salam alaikum 

Before anything kindly change name to ShiaEAli as i am the same.guy the post didn't get an approval so i used a guest account 

I have been posting here with the namw ShiaEAli for a long time now so some of my posts were not being approved so i thought I should create an account here.... So i am not someone new I've been here several times even with this account but the post didn't get approved God knows why 

So there's is this no Muslim guy I know he asked this Question from Me 

He asked me to prove How is Islam different as Islam says the same thing that Old religion that don't exist anymore say 

He gave me some examples one of them thay shocked me was the Veil (Hijab) he said that its not unique to Islam it was practiced by old Persian religions too so how is Islams unique 

How can i answer this Question of his or any other claims he'll come up with!

JazakAllah khair 

You can say to him that whenever tradition of the Prophets was forgotten, Allah (عزّ وجلّ) sent another Prophet. And, the recent among those prophets was Prophet Muhammad (PBUHHP). So, Islam is the religion that only only revives what is forgotten but also perfects what was not discussed in detail in previous religions. It is therefore necessary that one should accept and follow Islam.

• Advanced Member

It is written repeatedly in the Quran and ahadiths without much controversy around those parts, that every prophet came to confirm the previous prophet and message. In essence their message is one, and their general purpose is one, and even if they come from different tribes, they are part of a brotherhood. So there is only one religion of Truth, as there is only one Truth, and the Truth is one of the names of God, Al Haq. 

So all the 100,000 messengers with all their books, their angels, their followers, are part of the one "Ummah", or "nation" of Islam. 

Explain to your friend the meaning and uses of the word "Islam", and that it is directly related to surrender and peace to the same God. So it should not surprise us if we see things in the older testament, or newer testaments corresponding to the latest and final testaments.

• Advanced Member

Thank you for your response guys i thought the post wasn't approved so i was late thank you all 

JazakAllah khair 

• Forum Administrators

Salam. You cannot have the account ShiaEAli because someone else already owns that username. 

• Advanced Member

Something that Islam has and no other religion ever had that makes it unique...if that is what your friend is looking for then that is THE CONCEPT OF HALAL AND HARAAM. no other religion ever had these boundries set as halal and haraam and these boundries make the religion of islam unique.

12 hours ago, Ani said:

Something that Islam has and no other religion ever had that makes it unique...if that is what your friend is looking for then that is THE CONCEPT OF HALAL AND HARAAM. no other religion ever had these boundries set as halal and haraam and these boundries make the religion of islam unique.

Uh…what??

Halal and haram are just the notion of right and wrong. Every religion has that. 

• Advanced Member
11 hours ago, kadhim said:

Uh…what??

Halal and haram are just the notion of right and wrong. Every religion has that. 

Halal and haram is not simply right and wrong...it is way above that. It is not simply sinning or not sinning.

Halal and haram have nothing to do with right and wrong... something could be 100% right but if Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has made it haram for you, it is prohibited untill the judgment day.

We are faced with right and wrong decisions and situations throughout our lives... but haram and halal have been decided from way before and that does not change for anyone, doesn't matter their rank, position, financial situation, cast or race in Islam.... and it is not a very vast field or unlimited list about what is halal or haram. It doesn't leave anything to immagination.

Simply following the halal way of life makes you a superior human in Islam and very rare.

I know jews have that thing where somethings are prohibited for them but they do not have any concept of halal. 

And if you do know about any other religion in this world where things are strictly prohibited or allowed in an extreme positive way then please enlighten me.