In the Name of God بسم الله

Andrew Tate converts to Islam

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Yeah, saw this earlier today...may Allah grant him hidaayah...let's be patient with him and hope for the best...Islam forgives everything that preceded it.

Edited by Eddie Mecca

I know it sounds weird, but I do not trust Andrew. May Allah forgive me if Andrew has actually become Muslim, but I feel he is doing it for his scam business still. He has said and done controversial things in the past. I believe if he is legit, he would make his business halal and repent and renounce his pro zina stances.

• Advanced Member

Why do so many western Muslim men love Andrew Tate?

Another time, he said the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) are true Muslims.

“ISIS are the real Muslims because ISIS do exactly what the book says. Kill everyone who’s not a Muslim and chop people’s heads off and set them on fire and be f***ing raging lunatics." 

'Sure some things Andrew Tate says are controversial, but many of the things he says are Islamic'

- Huzaifa, a fan of Tate

Huzaifa, who preferred to go only by his first name, is a 23-year-old Muslim man from New York.

Huzaifa told MEE over Zoom. “As Muslims, we should be happy and honoured that a non-Muslim with such a high following and reach like Tate is bringing more attention to our religion.”

Who defines masculinity? 

Mohammad Khan, a 19-year-old from California, has been following Tate for about six months. What first attracted him to the social media star was his bald head, as Khan is also bald. He said "society" often emphasises that men should have a lot of hair on their heads. He said there were now potions and surgeries men were doing just to grow hair on their heads. But Tate? That is a man who is unapologetically bald, according to Khan. 

"Like who is going to mess with you if you have no hair? Nobody messes with Andrew Tate," he told MEE over the phone. "And then of course there's the non-physical masculinity. Being protective, being mentally strong. I have not found one Islamic scholar who discusses these things.".........................

ArabicMcLovin is an account on TikTok that has over 1.3 million followers and over 70 million likes. Malik, the young Muslim man who runs the account and who only wished to go by his first name, has discussed Tate's popularity in some of his videos.

He believes that western Muslim men are currently defining masculinity as how Europeans define it, as how the West defines it or as what their parents define it as. And according to Malik, all of them are wrong.

“Allah and the Prophet Muhammad define what is masculinity,” he told MEE. “Being a man, being masculine is something that is earned throughout life. It is not something that is given to you at birth. And this is a huge distinction that Muslim men need to make.”

White validation

A lot of it also has to do with figuring out what exactly western Muslim identity is. Tate is not the first white, non-Muslim man who has used his social media presence to gain credence in the Muslim community. Many bring up Jordan Peterson, who like Tate racks up millions of views on his videos discussing Islam. But while Peterson speaks to the “family values” in Islam and uses a more psychological or philosophical approach, Tate is a layman. 

“The notion of a US Muslim identity or a western Muslim identity is really one that has come to the fore of our conversations since 9/11. What does that mean to be an American Muslim or to be a European Muslim? And so the issue of gender is so central to that.

Andrew Tate had millions of followers on social media before he was banned for “hate speech” and “misogyny”.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/why-do-so-many-western-muslim-men-love-andrew-tate

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I believe if he is legit, he would make his business halal and repent and renounce his pro zina stances.

Yes, but we don’t know what is to come. It may be a gradual process.

As Muslims, we should practice husn al dhann and have a positive assumption. We should also be wary of slander or backbiting and remember that Allah forgives all prior sins once someone converts to Islam.

• Advanced Member

The optimist in me hopes he has legitimately decided to embark on the path of becoming an actual decent human being. If so, that’s wonderful. 

Inappropriate comment removed

Edited by Mahdavist
Vulgarity

• Forum Administrators

The right of every new Muslim is a clean slate. Even if it were Dahmer converting in his last moments, we would owe him the same benefit of the doubt.

1 hour ago, -Rejector- said:

It's no surprise that a guy like Tate is interested in wahhabism.

And how do you know he is a Wahabi? He is not doing rafi` al-yadayn in his salat, which Wahabis do. And Ibn al-Qayyim came long before Ibn `Abd al-Wahhab, and had views that would make Wahabis cringe.

6ya8jv.jpg

• Advanced Member
18 minutes ago, Qa'im said:

And how do you know he is a Wahabi? He is not doing rafi` al-yadayn in his salat, which Wahabis do. And Ibn al-Qayyim came long before Ibn `Abd al-Wahhab, and had views that would make Wahabis cringe.

Idk. I saw Tate quote Ibn al-Qayyem and that's what I thought.

Doesn't really matter to me anyway tbh.

• Advanced Member
47 minutes ago, Qa'im said:

The right of every new Muslim is a clean slate. Even if it were Dahmer converting in his last moments, we would owe him the same benefit of the doubt.

A. That presumes sincerity.

B. No, this automatic cleaning of the slate applies to individual sins toward yourself or your creator. That doesn’t cover harm you have done to other people. For that, you need to vigorously repudiate the action, repent, and if at all possible, seek direct forgiveness from the ones you have wronged. 

With this fellow there is a long and disgusting history of voicing the worst kinds of misogyny. There are allegations of the most despicable sort of behavior toward women. As I understand it, he has a history of moving to destinations based primarily on the laxness toward prosecuting sex crimes and the ability to bribe oneself out of it. All of his previous positive statements about Islam have been based on admiration for the most misogynistic incel-ish readings of it.

Is there even the inkling of any indication whatsoever that he has repudiated this past behavior? 

It’s not without reason that the basically universal reaction of female Muslims to this news is a mix of laughter, derision, and disgust. 

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Qa'im said:

Consider the Muslims he spent time talking to online and also consider the most likely destination of new Muslims. Most Sunnis don't even know that they are being heavily influenced by Wahabi ideology. We don't know where Tate will end up but Wahabism is a stronger possibility than most. God willing he will find better teachers and not be like many of the social media dawah folk whose manners are poor (and perhaps reminiscent of the manners of Tate).

I don't really know much about this person so I don't know what attracted him to Islam. If he turns into a decent Muslim then it's good for the world of Islam, if he becomes like some of those Wahabi converts who followed the sunnah of those converts that oppressed the Ahlulbayt {a} then it could give us some difficulties.

Remember, religion is part of our nature and it is no surprise that people (good or bad) like to include the worship of Allah in their life. Muslims are very quick to praise people that practice certain aspects of Islam, but that is like praising someone that seeks shelter or food. A good person is one that doesn't mix good with evil.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

• Advanced Member
42 minutes ago, Muhammed Ali said:

A good person is one that doesn't mix good with evil.

We all mix good and evil (to a greater or lesser extent)

15 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Tate is not the first white, non-Muslim man

Tate's father is black / African American...he's mixed...from Wikipedia...

"Tate was born on December 14, 1986, in Washington, D.C., and raised in Luton, England. His African-American father, Emory Tate, was a chess International Master. His mother worked as a catering assistant. He is multiracial. Tate learned to play chess at the age of five and competed in adult tournaments as a child. Media outlets reported in October 2022 that he had converted to Islam. After speculation followed a video of him praying in the UAE went viral, Tate confirmed his conversion on the social media platform Gettr on October 24."

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Eddie Mecca said:

Tate's father is black / African American...he's mixed...from Wikipedia...

Salam thanks a million for your information anyway I have no issue with his race or his skin color which qouted part is from article about his influence on young generation of western muslims which they see him as white guy who has similar mindset to them which their mindset is in similar fashion of converts or young muslims in west  who have joined to Daesh/ISIS due to masculinity & anti feminism propaganda of Dawah men in western world which until now non of them have had same level of influence of Tate over western muslims which @Muhammed Ali has explained it better than me.

• Advanced Member
20 hours ago, Qa'im said:

Also remember that most converts to Shiism start off as Sunnis first.

Can personally attest to this. Hanbali-Athari-Naqshbandi -turned -Shia myself. 

20 hours ago, Qa'im said:

With conversions, we have no choice but to judge from what is apparent. A conversion to Islam, on the apparent, is a repentance for past sins, with exception to debts and rights that he owes to others. Will he apologize or change his lifestyle - time will tell. If we see him continuing a problematic lifestyle publicly, then we can criticize that. Basically, we have to cross that bridge once we get there - these mechanisms exist for good reasons. Whether it's Sinead O'Connor, Mike Tyson, etc. we just have to turn the page and start again.

Agreed. Let's wait and watch for now. 

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless him with the tawfeeq of a sincere tawbah, and compensating all his victims. 

Edited by AbdusSibtayn

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Can personally attest to this. Hanbali-Athari-Naqshbandi -turned -Shia myself. 

MashaAllah. Is there somewhere I can read about your story brother?

• Advanced Member

Andrew Tate Visits Islamic Information Centre in UAE (30 seconds)

Edited by Eddie Mecca

• Advanced Member
On 10/25/2022 at 8:21 AM, 313_Waiter said:

May Allah guide him, make him sincere and protect him.

9C1DFC4B-77E7-4187-97D1-F66DEC1D2F80.png

7A31C05C-D586-46CC-8215-7A7C0EDD1D7B.png

Salam Alaikum brothers and sisters,  I would like to know how do Shia brothers and sisters react when they hear a celebrity converting to Sunni Islam,  do you rejoice or wonder if someone can n talk about Shia Islam?

• Advanced Member
10 minutes ago, Muslim by Choice said:

Salam Alaikum brothers and sisters,  I would like to know how do Shia brothers and sisters react when they hear a celebrity converting to Sunni Islam,  do you rejoice or wonder if someone can n talk about Shia Islam?

It is fine by us either way. We are positive about them so long as they are Muslim. After that which denomination they choose is their prerogative (unless they become anti-Shi'a) . 

As it is we don't believe that someone entering or leaving a school of thought is a proof of its truth or falsity. 

Wassalam. 

Edited by AbdusSibtayn

• Advanced Member
38 minutes ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

It is fine by us either way. We are positive about them so long as they are Muslim. After that which denomination they choose is their prerogative (unless they become anti-Shi'a) . 

As it is we don't believe that someone entering or leaving a school of thought is a proof of its truth or falsity. 

Wassalam. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but shia Hadiths says that Mukhalifs are Muslims in this world and Kafirs in Akhira, this was the view of late shia scholar Al Khoei and many others so don't u think it's a bit hypocritical that you're happy about Andrews conversion to Sunnism knowing deeply that he is doomed to Hellfire 

Edited by Muslim by Choice

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, Muslim by Choice said:

knowing deeply that he is doomed to Hellfire 

Nobody said that he is doomed to Hellfire although he has controversil behavior & mindset in similar fashion of fans of Daesh/ISIS anyway it doesn't mean that he is doomed to Hellfire which in similar fashion majority of fans or sympathizers of Daesh/ISIS are ignorant people who have affected by peopganda of Daesh.

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Muslim by Choice said:

I have a feeling if he chose Shia Islam your reaction would be different 

I would have been very surprised.

Wahhabism aligns very much with Tate's previous views. Sexist, autocratic, biased, violent, ignorant, etc. Unlike Sunnism and Shiism which stem from the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) or scholars from a few decades after the Prophet, Wahhabism is purely based off of the fatwas and rulings of Ibn Taymiyya and Ibn Abdul Wahhab.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Muslim by Choice said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but shia Hadiths says that Mukhalifs are Muslims in this world and Kafirs in Akhira, this was the view of late shia scholar Al Khoei and many others so don't u think it's a bit hypocritical that you're happy about Andrews conversion to Sunnism knowing deeply that he is doomed to Hellfire 

Nobody can claim to know who is and isn't doomed to hell. There are over 40 000 narrations just in our four main books,  let alone other early collections. A few narrations here and there,  interpreted in a certain  manner, are not stronger than the core fundamentals of religion and the message of the Quran. 

All praise to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for the blessing that is Islam. May He accept our worship. 

• Veteran Member
5 hours ago, Muslim by Choice said:

do you rejoice or wonder if someone can n talk about Shia Islam?

I rejoice. Islam is Islam.

As for the final destination of our souls, Wallahu A’lam.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, 313_Waiter said:

how about yourself? Do you rejoice when someone enters Shi’a Islam @Muslim by Choice?

It depends, I would rejoice if he left Christianity to Zaidiyya or Twelever Shia Imamiyya as long as he doesn't believe in Tafweed/Wilayah Takwinniyah, if he does then I'll wonder why he rejected the Trinity in the first place, to me the Trinity (Jesus being the second person in the Godhead who creates things through his father) and Tafweed (Imams controlling every atoms in the Universe through Allah) are almost the same thing 

Edited by Muslim by Choice

• The topic was locked