In the Name of God بسم الله

Can sufis be considered muslims?

Guest Albanian Muslim

Guest Albanian Muslim

As for my opinion i think that they should be called so. There are sunni sufis and shia sufis and they are together in peace. The only difference between regular muslims is that they focus more on meditation but it doesnt mean that they dont pray.

• Advanced Member

Salam alaikum. The concensus of all Muslims is that Sunnis, Shias, Sufis etc. all are Muslims. Hajj is an example to that. You know according to the Holy Quran, nonmuslims are not allowed to perform Hajj or even be there. And never ever in the history has a sect been banned from performing Hajj. So, this concludes that all sects of Islam consider each other Muslims. Except for Ahmadiyya/Qadianism which believes in another "prophet" after Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم). So, sufis are Muslims according to Shia Islam. And sufism unites Muslims.

https://www.al-islam.org/tags/sufism 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, islamicmusic said:

So, this concludes that all sects of Islam consider each other Muslims. Except for Ahmadiyya/Qadianism which believes in another "prophet" after Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).

Slightly off topic but I get the impression that this notion of the Ahmadiyya has been pushed for political reasons.

Their explanation,  as far as I understand,  is that Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) is indeed the seal of the prophets,  and that Mirza Ghulam Ahmed was the Mahdi. 

Personally I wouldn't make takfir on them or anyone else who identifies as a Muslim. I think it was a mistake for the Shia to silently consent to the political objectives of Zia ul Haq. The price is already being paid and might have to be paid in full one day depending on who is in charge in Pakistan. 

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Mahdavist said:

Slightly off topic but I get the impression that this notion of the Ahmadiyya has been pushed for political reasons.

Their explanation,  as far as I understand,  is that Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) is indeed the seal of the prophets,  and that Mirza Ghulam Ahmed was the Mahdi. 

Personally I wouldn't make takfir on them or anyone else who identifies as a Muslim. I think it was a mistake for the Shia to silently consent to the political objectives of Zia ul Haq. The price is already being paid and might have to be paid in full one day depending on who is in charge in Pakistan. 

I do agree that it has been pushed for political reasons as well, however Mirza Ghulam Ahmad did profess prophethood during his lifetime. For reference, check some of his writings in Haqiqatul Wahi or Roohani Khazain [vol. 22 p. 503 and vol. 18 p. 231] where he does explicitly state that Allah had named him a prophet. I'm not sure how he reconciled that with his belief in the seal of prophethood, though, if he even did. Not to mention his wonky claims of receiving wahi from Jibrail, which is generally understood to be a feature of prophethood.

Modern day Ahmadis seem to be rejecting this in defense of Mirza Ahmad, either because they evolved out of it themselves or because Mirza himself had given up his claim to prophethood at some point - which is highly possible considering he had a drug addiction and his views were always quite unsteady.

Edited by khizarr

• Advanced Member

^ a small correction - he never took back his claim to prophet hood.*

He also claimed he was the mahdi, and a reappearance (buruz) of the Prophet Muhammad (peace blessing be upon him) but in different body, also that he was Jesus Christ (second coming ) and the Hindu god Krishna returned to earth.

About 5% breakaway sect believe that he took back his claim of prophet hood.

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member
On 10/14/2022 at 9:31 PM, Guest Albanian Muslim said:

As for my opinion i think that they should be called so. There are sunni sufis and shia sufis and they are together in peace. The only difference between regular muslims is that they focus more on meditation but it doesnt mean that they dont pray.

bro who said they are kaffir astaghfirullah? bar maybe the salafis but there is a higher chance of them not being a muslim then a sufi by far LOL

live in peace

ONE LOVE PRAISE JAH MI BREDDAH 

haha salaam.