In the Name of God بسم الله

Revert

Rate this topic

توحید

• Basic Members

So , i am a reverted shia alhamdulillah , but my parents are angry bcz some people usually saw me in mourning ceremonies and they use to tout to my parents that ur boy is shia , and my parents force me emotionally and angrily to convert to sunnism... so what i have to do please tell me . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Basic Members

@توحید 

Instead of doing taqiyyah. I suggest you try to sit with them and have a serious discussion and try to convince your parents that Shia is the right path.

I can give a argument:

the main point you should focus on is Hadith al thalaqayn. Where the prophet:  says that whoever follows the Quran and my ahlulbayt won’t go astray. This Hadith is well known among all sects. Now the idea of ahlulbayt in Sunnis is that the wives are included (with Aisha). But Aisha can’t be from ahlulbayt because she led an army against imam Ali in the battle of the camel. And the Quran clearly orders the wives of the prophet to remain in their houses. But she didn’t listen. The Quran says that the ahlulbayt from the prophet is removed from every impurities. So it can’t be the wives. In Hadith al kisa it says that imam Ali, Hassan, Hussain and Fatima is from his ahlulbayt. And imam Ali apointed Hassan from Hassan to hussain from Hussain to al sajad and so forth. So there is a direct line of successors appointed by the ahlulbayt which makes them also from the ahlulbayt. And that’s why Shiism term of ahlulbayt is right. And if you have the Quran and (the right) ahlulbayt, like the prophet said you won’t go astray. 

they will say Shia is commiting shirk.
counter of that statement:

We ask Allah help with mentioning the names that are dear to him. And cursing certain so called sahaba isn’t shirk because muawiya cursed imam ali and he is still seen as a believer. (It can be found in certain Sunni Hadith books) 

• Moderators
On 11/29/2022 at 1:21 AM, Kasem213 said:

they will say Shia is commiting shirk.
counter of that statement:

We ask Allah help with mentioning the names that are dear to him. And cursing certain so called sahaba isn’t shirk because muawiya cursed imam ali and he is still seen as a believer. (It can be found in certain Sunni Hadith books) 

The more accurate response here would be that cursing the khulafa was something encouraged by the Safavids, almost a thousand years after the time of the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)), and the trend of supplicating to Imams was also something popularized during later times.  The authentic supplications from the aimmah (عليه السلام) are directly to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), consistent with the supplications in the Quran.