Jump to content
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member
On 10/4/2022 at 8:59 AM, EiE said:

Did you forget to mention that there are rumours that several of them receive pay checks from western governments, some of which include Ayatullah Sayyid Ruhollah Khomeini, the leader of the Islamic Revolution.
Remember that He was in exile before suddenly ascending to power.
How, I wonder?
I suppose we will never know the real story.

he was in exile for preaching against the Iranian government. He ascended to power because the people of Iran agreed with his perspective and his viewpoint that a revolution was necessary. Sayed Khomeini and his vision is literally completely counterproductive to what the west want, so what you may be suggesting is absolutely absurd

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 10/2/2022 at 6:12 PM, Hameedeh said:

As one example, if you study his views, he allowed his followers to gamble and he told them that they could eat meat slaughtered by non-Muslims.

House arrest for any ayatollah probably is/was a protection for him from angry people. 

This post is a mix of falsehood, half-truth, and disrespect to the marjaiyyah.

I don’t follow any one specific marja, but I have studied Saanei’s views, and this characterization is not particularly accurate. 

The gambling thing is simply not true. You’re mixing this up with his views about playing board games with tools like dice without gambling. Which is quite a common view in our school.

As for the slaughter issue, he agrees with the validity of a non-Muslim slaughtering according to our methods, including the bismillah. He actually says if there is meat from non-Muslims, and you don’t have confidence it was slaughtered by our methods, to not eat it. This view of halal slaughter by non-Muslim slaughterers is a minority but reasonable view. 

I have to say it’s quite shameful to see anyone, especially a mod, advocating for the house arrest of scholars of our school (particularly given the history of imprisonment of some of our imams and scholars over the centuries). Especially for such flimsy reasons. There really is no excuse for this sort of post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Administrators

It's shameful that someone just a few posts ago in another thread was an advocate against marajah and scholars being immune to law, but now, since it's convenient to his beliefs is suddenly a staunch opponent of scholars being under house arrest. It's beautiful how these things play out :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, root said:

Nice list.....shame it's not longer...or more accurate.

It took me less than 2 hours. Do you know of any others I might add to the list? I'm sure there are more.

 

 

 

16 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

If you knew the simple and austere life of Ayatullah Khomeini RA, you would not spread such a false rumor. 

 

2 hours ago, VoidVortex said:

he was in exile for preaching against the Iranian government. He ascended to power because the people of Iran agreed with his perspective and his viewpoint that a revolution was necessary. Sayed Khomeini and his vision is literally completely counterproductive to what the west want, so what you may be suggesting is absolutely absurd

Article from: 2016

"It was previously known that Ruhollah Khomeini, the charismatic leader of the Iranian revolution, had exchanged some messages with the US through an intermediary while living in exile in Paris. But new documents seen by the BBC’s Persian service show he went to a great lengths to ensure the Americans would not jeopardise his plans to return to Iran – and even personally wrote to US officials.

The BBC’s reporting suggests that the Carter administration took heed of Khomeini’s pledges, and in effect paved the way for his return by holding the Iranian army back from launching a military coup.

 

The BBC Persian service obtained a draft message Washington had prepared as a response to Khomeini, which welcomed the ayatollah’s direct communications, but was never sent.

The corporation also published a previously released but unnoticed declassified 1980 CIA analysis titled Islam in Iran, which shows Khomeini’s initial attempts to reach out to the US dated back to 1963, 16 years before the revolution.

Earlier this month, Khomeini’s successor, supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, denied the report, saying it was based on “fabricated” documents."

A declassified 1980 CIA analysis titled Islam in Iran, published by the BBC, says Ayatollah Khomeini had reached out to the US in 1963.

 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/10/ayatollah-khomeini-jimmy-carter-administration-iran-revolution

Edited by EiE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
On 10/2/2022 at 4:02 PM, EiE said:

"Qom Theological Lecturers Association" (Jame-e-Modarressin) declared him no longer qualified for emulation as a Grand Ayatollah."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yousef_Saanei

Ayatullah Yousuf Saanei making gambling halal was only one of several controversial issues that can be found on Wikipedia, which is mentioned at the link the OP provided above. Perhaps nobody read it. He also made it permissible for Muslims to eat meat slaughtered by non-Muslims. He allowed Muslim women to marry non-Muslims. I'm sure there are more controversial issues, because the editors at Wikipedia do not know what Jame-e-Modarressin knows about him, his beliefs and his activities. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, root said:

It's shameful that someone just a few posts ago in another thread was an advocate against marajah and scholars being immune to law, but now, since it's convenient to his beliefs is suddenly a staunch opponent of scholars being under house arrest. It's beautiful how these things play out :)

???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, root said:

???

Yeah. You’re going to have to elaborate there bud. I don’t get what you’re driving at. I don’t think senior state officials should be systematically unaccountable to the people just because they wear the garb of a scholar. And I don’t think the state has any business harassing scholars about their views. I’m opposed to both of those injustices. What’s your point? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Ayatullah Yousuf Saanei making gambling halal

Where are you finding this from?

 

Ayatullah Saanei's official website says this:

Q1005: What is the case of the money earned through gambling? And what if the money is given to charity?

A: The money earned through gambling is illegal, whether it is little or a lot, whether one uses it him/herself or gives it to charity, as gambling itself is illegal; it must be notified that fire (here the illegal act and the illegal money) does not extinguish fire (here divine punishment), as it is said in the Holy Quran, “and Allah accepts the good from the God-fearing and the Righteous”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
17 minutes ago, khizarr said:

Where are you finding this from?

The OP posted a link to the Yousef Saanei page at Wikipedia. Did you read it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

The OP posted a link to the Yousef Saanei page at Wikipedia. Did you read it? 

Yes, I did. 

The question is did you bother to actually read the ruling in Farsi on his own, official website or are you just going to rely on Wikipedia for this one? 

 

This is what Saanei says (translated into English): 

Playing with gambling machines is not haram, provided it is for fun and without winning and losing (gambling). But if it is for fun and accompanied with winning and losing (gambling), it is absolutely haram; and there is no problem in keeping and buying and selling them if it is not for the purpose of haram playing with them. And it goes without saying that if being present in those places means participating in a gambling meeting, it is also haram, and a person should refrain from the grounds of sin and its promotion in any way.

 

So, yeah, come again now?

Edited by khizarr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)

I have been watching lot of anti-Islamic defense. Sometime, people criticize at the Islamic governance of Iran and other time they plead for the sins like homosexuality to be o.k. I sometimes think that this website is being hijacked by anti-Islamists. 

Edited by Borntowitnesstruth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Administrators
10 hours ago, kadhim said:

Yeah. You’re going to have to elaborate there bud. I don’t get what you’re driving at. I don’t think senior state officials should be systematically unaccountable to the people just because they wear the garb of a scholar. And I don’t think the state has any business harassing scholars about their views. I’m opposed to both of those injustices. What’s your point? 

Why do you think I was talking about you? Feel like it hit home?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, root said:

Why do you think I was talking about you? Feel like it hit home?

Oh. That’s how you want to play it, huh? 

Alright. Have fun with that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
6 hours ago, khizarr said:

This is what Saanei says (translated into English): 

Playing with gambling machines is not haram, provided it is for fun and without winning and losing (gambling). 

Sorry, I have no experience in gambling machines and did not know that there are gambling machines that can be played.without winning or losing. :einstein:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Administrators
9 minutes ago, kadhim said:

Oh. That’s how you want to play it, huh? 

Alright. Have fun with that. 

Gotta admit, was quite fun watching you react. Art of sentrifuging takes time. Thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Ayatullah Yousuf Saanei making gambling halal was only one of several controversial issues that can be found on Wikipedia, which is mentioned at the link the OP provided above. Perhaps nobody read it. He also made it permissible for Muslims to eat meat slaughtered by non-Muslims. He allowed Muslim women to marry non-Muslims. I'm sure there are more controversial issues, because the editors at Wikipedia do not know what Jame-e-Modarressin knows about him, his beliefs and his activities.

khizar has provided direct links contradicting your claims about the gambling issue. I think you need to either provide a direct reference to substantiate your claim about that, or back down and apologize.

I talked about the non-Muslims as slaughterers aspect above, so don’t need to repeat. 

I’m interested to see an original reference (if it exists) for the women and marriage claim. I’m pretty familiar with his views, particularly in regards to women’s issues (because he’s quite refreshing on that front), but am not familiar with such a view. It wouldn’t actually be an absurd view (the Quran pointedly never outright forbids Muslim women from that), but I’ve never heard that, and if he had actually said that, I think I would remember it.  

The bigger and deeper issue here though, is your disturbing belief expressed above that a government should be able to house arrest a scholar for having unpopular or unorthodox fiqh views. How do you defend that perspective? 

Edited by kadhim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
1 minute ago, kadhim said:

The bigger and deeper issue here though, is your disturbing belief expressed above that a government should be able to house arrest a scholar for having unpopular or unorthodox fiqh views. How do you defend that perspective? 

The Qom Theological experts did a full year of investigation and made the collective decision that he was not recommended as a marja.  My own opinion on Agha Yousef Saanei's house arrest was stated above in this topic. He is under house arrest for his own safety. Otherwise his assassination by some crazy person or a foreign agent would bring up nonsense that an Ayatullah or the IRI government murdered him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
21 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

The Qom Theological experts did a full year of investigation and made the collective decision that he was not recommended as a marja.  My own opinion on Agha Yousef Saanei's house arrest was stated above in this topic. He is under house arrest for his own safety. Otherwise his assassination by some crazy person or a foreign agent would bring up nonsense that an Ayatullah or the IRI government murdered him. 

Hameedah, no one has the authority to magically cancel a scholar’s credentials. 

That’s not how any of this works. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Hameedeh said:
8 hours ago, khizarr said:

 

The OP posted a link to the Yousef Saanei page at Wikipedia. Did you read it? 

SIster I might say that you may have misread it, it seems he allowed playing with gambling tools without actually gambling, but he didn't allow gambling itself. Although his views are a minority, I don't believe believe the rulings surrounding gambling were pulled out of his pocket, I believe that this was his ijtihad from the ahadith which is fair, especially since he still says gambling is haram, but gambling tools are allowed to play with

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 10/7/2022 at 6:17 AM, Hameedeh said:

Sorry, I have no experience in gambling machines and did not know that there are gambling machines that can be played.without winning or losing.

You've got to be kidding me. This is embarrassing.

Gambling machines are things like cards, chess, backgammon, or other such games that have been associated with gambling. Saanei's ruling is that you can play these games for fun as long as it is without gambling. 

Was that really so hard to understand?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, khizarr said:

Was that really so hard to understand?

I think it's a matter of perspective, some Muslims work very hard to avoid possible sinful things and even makruh things , that they don't at all delve into the potentially sinful, eg sister @Hameedeh

Others,  thru life experiences may have been exposed to such "tools" being used for non haraam activities...again question of perspective , bro.

I wouldn't be so harsh as to question others understanding , if exposure has never happened as she quite clearly stated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Hasani Samnani said:

I think it's a matter of perspective, some Muslims work very hard to avoid possible sinful things and even makruh things , that they don't at all delve into the potentially sinful, eg sister @Hameedeh

Others,  thru life experiences may have been exposed to such "tools" being used for non haraam activities...again question of perspective , bro.

I wouldn't be so harsh as to question others understanding , if exposure has never happened as she quite clearly stated.

Okay, and even if I were to take into account this bizarre "perspective" that this person has had no exposure to playing cards or chess for the sake of having fun, how can she - just based on logic alone - consider playing with "gambling machines" as gambling per se when there is no winning/losing involved? Even Sistani, who considers chess haram, has arrived at this conclusion because chess was associated with gambling, not because playing it is gambling in and of itself.

Why then was Ayatullah Saanei's ruling misrepresented, even after I provided a reference?

 

Edited by khizarr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
On 10/7/2022 at 12:13 AM, khizarr said:

This is what Saanei says (translated into English): 

Playing with gambling machines is not haram, provided it is for fun and without winning and losing (gambling). But if it is for fun and accompanied with winning and losing (gambling), it is absolutely haram; 

Your translation of "gambling machines" was misunderstood if you meant "cards, chess, backgammon, or other such games". To most people, gambling machines means slot machines, roulette, etc, which are definitely haram because of winning and losing money. 

Quote

 

آيا پاسور، آلت قمار است؟ شطرنج چطور؟ بقيه آلات قمار چه حكمى دارند؟
به نظر اخيراينجانب تبعا لبعض الاعلام بازى با آلات قمار همانند غير آلات قمار ، براى سرگرمى و بدون برد و باخت حرام نمى باشد اما اگر براى غير سرگرمى و همراه با برد و باخت باشد مطلقا حرام است و ناگفته نماند اگر حضور در آن مكان ها صدق شركت در جلسه قمار كند نيز حرام است و انسان بايد از زمينه هاى گناه و ترويج آن به هر نحو خود دارى نمايد.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Administrators
On 10/6/2022 at 1:02 PM, kadhim said:

disrespect to the marjaiyyah.

The OP said "Qom Theological Lecturers Association" (Jame-e-Modarressin) declared him no longer qualified for emulation as a Grand Ayatollah."

You didn't criticize him for saying that about Ayatullah Saanei. You claimed that I disrespected him. I said: "The Qom Theological experts did a full year of investigation and made the collective decision that he was not recommended as a marja." I could have said no longer recommended. Anyway, I'm sure some people still follow him and promote his views, as we have seen in this topic and older topics from years ago. 

On 10/6/2022 at 1:02 PM, kadhim said:

I have to say it’s quite shameful to see anyone, especially a mod, advocating for the house arrest of scholars of our school 

Nobody is advocating for his house arrest; it's a practical matter. You are twisting words to try to make other members, including Mods, look bad. I personally think his safety is the most important thing for him, his family and his followers. Unless you want him to walk around in public and get targeted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
10 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

The OP said "Qom Theological Lecturers Association" (Jame-e-Modarressin) declared him no longer qualified for emulation as a Grand Ayatollah."

You didn't criticize him for saying that about Ayatullah Saanei. You claimed that I disrespected him. I said: "The Qom Theological experts did a full year of investigation and made the collective decision that he was not recommended as a marja." I could have said no longer recommended. Anyway, I'm sure some people still follow him and promote his views, as we have seen in this topic and older topics from years ago. 

Nobody is advocating for his house arrest; it's a practical matter. You are twisting words to try to make other members, including Mods, look bad. I personally think his safety is the most important thing for him, his family and his followers. Unless you want him to walk around in public and get targeted. 

This is such tortured mafioso style thinking. “We’re doing this to protect you—from our own goons that we whipped up against you in the first place.” 

This is like a perfect distillation of the danger of theocracy. It marries religious devotion with political tribalism, and produces a horror show where otherwise reasonable and good-hearted people climb over each other to apologize for absurdities just to desperately try to maintain their psychological and spiritual equilibrium. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
20 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Your translation of "gambling machines" was misunderstood if you meant "cards, chess, backgammon, or other such games". To most people, gambling machines means slot machines, roulette, etc, which are definitely haram because of winning and losing money. 

No, for most people, the context gives it away and I think they understood the translation pretty well. If something says "without winning or losing [money]", then it should have followed that the Ayatullah was most likely not referring to specific casino games, but rather those games that can be played for fun without gambling in them. It literally says it right there. That's just basic reading skills. And that should have been your course of thought as well. 

I do hope you see now that Saanei's ruling has clearly been misrepresented.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 10/6/2022 at 3:07 PM, EiE said:

The BBC Persian service obtained a draft message Washington had prepared as a response to Khomeini, which welcomed the ayatollah’s direct communications, but was never sent.

Salam the BBc Persian is jus infamous propaganda machine against Iran through providing miinformation & disinformayiomn which only naive people with low level of knowledge & intellect use it as a news & information source about Iran which your rhetoric which has providied based on it's propganda gainst Iran has no value .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Sayyid Mahmoud Taleghani

"was an Iranian theologian, Muslim reformer, democracy advocate and a senior Shi'a Islamic Scholar and thinker of Iran. Taleghani was a contemporary of the Iranian Revolutionary leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini and a leader in his own right of the movement against Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi"

"Taleghani died on 9 September 1979.Two sons of Taleghani claimed that he was murdered but this claim was not proven. His mysterious death and lifetime achievements were the occasion of huge crowds and much emotion before and during his funeral"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Taleghani

 

Ahmad Ghabel

"was an Iranian Hojjatoleslam Shia Muslim cleric, theologian, seminary lecturer, researcher, and author. He was a follower of the dissident cleric Ayatollah Hossein Ali Montazeri and was detained several times by the Iranian government. He died on 22 October 2012 while on hospital arrest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Ghabel

 

 

Are these ayatullahs? I read that both of these had some controversial opinions about the hijab. Do you know anything of this? @Ashvazdanghe

 

 

Edited by EiE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
7 hours ago, EiE said:

Ahmad Ghabel

"was an Iranian Hojjatoleslam Shia Muslim cleric, theologian, seminary lecturer, researcher, and author. He was a follower of the dissident cleric Ayatollah Hossein Ali Montazeri and was detained several times by the Iranian government. He died on 22 October 2012 while on hospital arrest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Ghabel

Salam nobody knows this guy which only MKO terrorists  has called him an Ayatollah because his religious studies & being too close to mr Montazeri which nobody knows him in Iran which only mko terrorists has made a fake persona from him to call him an Ayatullah that supports them .

7 hours ago, EiE said:

"Taleghani died on 9 September 1979.Two sons of Taleghani claimed that he was murdered but this claim was not proven. His mysterious death and lifetime achievements were the occasion of huge crowds and much emotion before and during his funeral"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Taleghani

Thisi is a false calim about his death which has been spread by MKO terrorist because before Iran revolution & after it he has been a popular person which MKO terrorist has tried to show him as their supporters even they have called him "Father Taleghani" which at the end Ayatullah Taleghani as first Imam of friday prayer after Islamic revolution of Iran has diassociated from mko terrorists anyway MKO terrorists have continued spreading rumors about his death which in similar fashion they have mistranslated & misinterprated his speechs about Hijab in oreger to portray him against Imam Khomeini.

 

The time when the claimants of "Father Taleghani" censored him!/ A big lie attributed to Imam Juma of Tehran

In an interview with Mohammad Mahdi Jafari on February 9, 1979, Ayatollah Taleghani talked about some content about hijab, parts of which had been censored for years, and other fake sentences were being published instead of the censored parts.

This interview was after Imam Khomeini (رضي الله عنه) addressed women's hijab in a speech on March 7, 1979, which is about 3 weeks after the victory of the revolution.

At that time, the headline that was published in the press about the words of Ayatollah Taleghani was that "Hijab is not compulsory in Islam"! While the late Taleghani did not say such words anywhere in his interview, his words about office women and their consumer work and the originality of hijab in protecting the family were also censored. In fact, from that detailed interview, something like a paragraph or a little more was published in most of the press, and the very first sentence that she says, "The hijab is not my opinion or that of a jurist, it is a Quranic statement" was also censored!

Quote

The censors claiming freedom and democracy, who controlled most of the publications at that time, did not stop there and attributed every sentence and phrase and slogan they wanted to Ayatollah Taleghani and falsely referred and They published   the sentences as Ayatollah Taleghani's words in 11 March 1979  . Whereas, as we will see in the original statements of the late Ayatollah Taleghani dated March 11, 1979, these distorted sentences had nothing to do with the reality of the late Taleghani's words.

By distorting the words of the late Taleghani, they falsely wrote about his words: "... Hijab is not compulsory even for Muslim women, let alone religious minorities... There was no such thing as compulsory hijab, neither during the time of the Prophet nor the infallible imams. The ruling of coercion is a ruling made by me, which will not only spread chastity and purity in the society, but will also cause the spread of corruption and prostitution in the whole society. In principle, religion is not about reluctance and compulsion, let alone its branches..."

Here are some of the censored parts of Ayatollah Taleghani's speech, which addresses the issue of women's hijab from the perspective of Islam, finds its roots in the Iranian/Islamic lifestyle, and focuses on the issue of the family in Islam and the hijab. It is considered one of the most essential pillars of its preservation.

Ayatollah Taleghani said in that speech: "The Islamic hijab means the hijab of dignity, the hijab of personality. It is not made by me and Faqih. The text of the Qur'an is so much that the Qur'an has stated that neither we can go beyond those limits nor women who believe in this great heavenly book which is a mercy to the worlds.

قُلْ لِلْمُؤْمِنینَ یَغُضُّوا مِنْ أَبْصارِهِمْ وَ یَحْفَظُوا فُرُوجَهُمْ ذلِکَ أَزْکی‏ لَهُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ خَبیرٌ بِما یَصْنَعُونَ

Tell the faithful men to cast down their looks and to guard their private parts. That is more decent for them. Allah is indeed well aware of what they do. (30)

https://tanzil.net/#trans/en.qarai/24:30

وَقُل لِّلْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِنَّ وَيَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا ۖ وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَىٰ جُيُوبِهِنَّ ۖ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا لِبُعُولَتِهِنَّ

And tell the faithful women to cast down their looks and to guard their private parts, and not to display their charms, beyond what is [acceptably] visible, and let them draw their scarfs over their bosoms, and not display their charms

https://tanzil.net/#trans/en.qarai/24:31

I will explain this verse to you a bit. Tell believing women, that is, committed women, responsible women, women who are devoted to Allah and to the nation, the Muslim nation, to give up and maintain their chastity.

وَ یَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَ لا یُبْدینَ زینَتَهُنَّ الا لبعولتهنّ

 

Ayatollah Taleghani continues: "... what were our Muslim women, the women of our country until a while ago (which we hope will not be after this)?" At home, where they have to make up for their husbands, they wore all kinds of old and dusty clothes and lived a normal life, but when she wanted to go to the street to buy vegetables or go to some office, she had to do toilet (makeup) for two hours. !

The Qur'an says to do it opposite, decorate yourselves at house as much as you want, but be with men outside. Hide your femininity, reveal your personality. If we want to be imitators to become good, we can become whatever we want! But if we want to return to ourselves the way we returned to ourselves, we want to return to our culture and we want our power to come from us, our independence must come from us, we must revive our traditions.

We, Islam, Quran, religious authorities want our women to preserve their character, this is the main issue. It is not a Chador issue either. How did our women live in our villages from the beginning of Islam until now? Do they wear Chador? These hard-working women, our service women, our villages, our Kurdistan, our Mazandaran, our Eilat, all wore the same scarf and worked side by side with men. Is work limited to going to offices and sitting at a desk? This is another work, the original work is the same (in the villages). It (work in offices) is an imposed work, it is a consuming work. This (in villages) is productive work. And these (village women) are doing the same things now. The rice that we eat, the wheat that we eat and our other agricultural products are partly the responsibility of women, who are unfortunately more oppressed than urban women. Islam is not satisfied with this either.

Why don't you consider their rights (rural women)? They also maintained their chastity, raised their children, kept the heart of the house warm, a clean life, with diligence and cooperation with men and production.

We all think that women are exclusive to a series of women who have fallen in the city and who constantly want to be consumers and fill (advertise) these in offices and... So go and cooperate with them (rural women). If we are really telling the truth.

Of course, some women, these are the remnants and scum of the decadent Pahlavi regime, who provoke our other fighting women. They say (with this hijab) we are insulted! What is the insult?..."

In other parts of this interview, Ayatollah Taleghani considered Imam's statements about women's hijab to be good for the nation and women. He said: "... Certainly, Imam's opinion is both for the benefit of our women and our sisters and daughters, and it is in accordance with the standards and principles of the religion of Islam. In this revolutionary movement, both him and we have always appreciated the great contribution that our women have made in the course of the revolution, and they really have done a great contribution in this historical movement..."

Imam also confirmed the words of the late Ayatollah Taleghani about hijab and considered them to be the same as his words.

The interesting thing is that these words were distorted in the opposite way in the press from those days and were published and the phrase "There is no compulsion in the matter of hijab" which was not in any part of Ayatollah Taleghani's words, was attributed to him! This historical censorship of Ayatollah Taleghani's words about hijab continued for about 37 years until 2016, when the original film of that interview was broadcasted.

Newspapers and press in those days, as the late Ayatollah Taleghani stated, were in the hands of the remnants and scum of the imperial regime and some pseudo-intellectuals (as is the case today) and their plans and designs were to confront the revolution and its principles and leadership. And it was also it's deviation from the ideals and goals and discord between the leader of the revolution and its main characters. The documents of the spy nest and the statements of some anti-revolutionary fugitives later revealed this plan. Because of this, the aforementioned press tried to censor the words and statements of the revolutionaries and select their words according to their illegitimate desires.

Research Office of Keihan Institute

https://www.farsnews.ir/news/14010619000104/روزگاری-که-مدعیان-پدر-طالقانی-او-را-سانسور-کردند-دروغ-بزرگی-که-به

Ayatollah Taleghani's opinion about hijab+film

According to Mashreq, Bisimchi media telegram channel released a fuller video of Ayatollah Taleghani's opinion on hijab and wrote: The anti-revolutionaries censored these words of the late Taleghani for years.

For a long time, the counter-revolution by cropping his words tried to show him as an unrestrained defender of corruption.

https://www.mashreghnews.ir/news/1396664/نظر-آیت-الله-طالقانی-در-مورد-حجاب-فیلم

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...